Increase the penalty for not showing up in clan battles

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

gullungen #1 Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24495 battles
  • [NTRS] NTRS

Wargaming seriously needs to increase the penalty for not showing up in clan battles, because this is just getting pathetic.

I have lost count of how many times my clan has had our clan wars  ****ed up due to other clans not being able to show up in the battle due to having multiple battles at once and just being like "Hey, it's just a warning, we'll take that first penalty, then make sure we don't get one the next 3 days".

You might think "What's the problem about that? 1 step closer to the tournament final"

The problem with that is that when a clan with really high ELO gets walkover in the first round, and we are the only team to get walkover because a team doesn't show up, then we meet exactly that team with such high ELO, while getting absolutly nothing out of it in the first round and most likely getting knocked out in the second round, due to us just being an average / slightly average clan, while the clan we meet in round 2 are way better than us and after all means will knock us out, and we gain practically nothing out of that tournament. 

If you reading this is in a really good clan, you might not understand my frustration regarding this because your clan basically never lose and if you do, you get so many fame points up until the point you lose, it won't matter because you're already within the top 11 000 players to get the tank, but for a clan sitting between 11k - 12k, every single battle we can get and possibly win in every single tournament counts a hell of a lot for us.

So to sum it up.

I want wargaming to increase the penalty for clans not showing up to battles due to having to many scheduled at once, making them not schedule so many battles in the first place because the penalty will actually do an impact towards them.

You can pretty much say that my clan is getting penalized for the clan not showing up in the first battle. We get no ELO, we get no clan or personal fame points, and we meet the best team and will most likely get knocked out in round 2, only gaining about 10-50 personal / clan fame points.

Edited by gullungen, 12 December 2017 - 07:36 PM.

SirGruut #2 Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:39 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21518 battles
  • [TAKE] TAKE
Accidents happen, qsf has had many lucky calls where we could have take a penalty because defences came early due to people drawing their games. There shouldnt be a penalty on the first technical just like there shouldnt be a ban for the first shot of team dmg.

I get that its annoying but it really doesnt happen that often

gullungen #3 Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24495 battles
  • [NTRS] NTRS

View PostSirGruut, on 12 December 2017 - 11:39 PM, said:

Accidents happen, qsf has had many lucky calls where we could have take a penalty because defences came early due to people drawing their games. There shouldnt be a penalty on the first technical just like there shouldnt be a ban for the first shot of team dmg.

I get that its annoying but it really doesnt happen that often

Doesn't happen that often? I think it has happened to us once a day for the last week, making 1 of the 4-5 tournaments we apply for pretty much auto loss

__H3H3__ #4 Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:54 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30353 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View Postgullungen, on 13 December 2017 - 01:26 AM, said:

Doesn't happen that often? I think it has happened to us once a day for the last week, making 1 of the 4-5 tournaments we apply for pretty much auto loss

I got one technical win in the whole campaign and that was in the first stage. So I dont really have that problem. 

mango91 #5 Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:09 AM

Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 40842 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

tbh a fair amount of fame points to the tech winners (both player and clan, or also only clan) would be a decent solution to me. the -5% clan FP transfer would be fair too

we got some penalties each stage due to bad luck - no full third team because the "I'm going to dinner" issue

on the other hand we got several tech win which frustrated us badly, being in the "avg-slightly below avg" clan situation where as the OP states, every FP matters

SirGruut #6 Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:41 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21518 battles
  • [TAKE] TAKE
You actually get the regular transfer of clan fame points even on a technical defeat, fame lost 85k to G__G because they couldnt field a team

mango91 #7 Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:31 AM

Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 40842 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

View PostSirGruut, on 13 December 2017 - 09:41 AM, said:

You actually get the regular transfer of clan fame points even on a technical defeat, fame lost 85k to G__G because they couldnt field a team

never noticed, gonna pay better attention

thanks for reporting it

StinkyStonky #8 Posted 13 December 2017 - 04:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26966 battles
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC

View Postgullungen, on 12 December 2017 - 06:36 PM, said:

Wargaming seriously needs to increase the penalty for not showing up in clan battles, because this is just getting pathetic.

I sympathise with your plight but unfortunately, greater penalties wouldn't actually help you.

Imagine the penalty was as harsh as it could be ... expulsion from the competition.

If your opponents forfeited, they'd get kicked out but you'd still get put against a unicorn clan and still fail to make any real fame points.  Would it really be a useful consolation for you to know they'd been kicked ?

I know what you're going to say.  It would stop them from forfeiting.  Unfortunately it wouldn't.  My clan forfeited a battle the other day.  We had one at 8 and one at 8:15.  But the one at 8:15 "started" at 8:13 and so we didn't have player in the game.  If it had started at 8:16-17 as they normally do, we would have been there.

You REAL problem isn't no-shows, it's that no-shows result in you getting screwed ...

View Postgullungen, on 12 December 2017 - 06:36 PM, said:

The problem with that is that when a clan with really high ELO gets walkover in the first round, and we are the only team to get walkover because a team doesn't show up, then we meet exactly that team with such high ELO, while getting absolutly nothing out of it in the first round and most likely getting knocked out in the second round.

So rather than a default victory crediting you with a really high ELO and then putting you against the unicorns, it should credit you with an average ELO, or at the very least the ELO of you clan.

Then, you'd get put against a competitive clan, not a unicorn clan.

The no-show should still be punished, but harsher and harsher punishments wont stop the no shows and also wont compensate the clan that got the walkover.

benerdeath #9 Posted 15 December 2017 - 01:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20026 battles
  • [ARAVT] ARAVT

What I am proposing is not going to solve the whole issue but it may help with some of the missing battles. As  StinkyStonky said they missed battle due to the fact that they could not finish the previous battle. This particular issue actually happens a lot and all clans have to manage this. I don't understand why this has to be like this. It creates a lot of anxiety for everyone involved. 

Solution.

Make the battles 14 mins in the Clan war.

I don't think 1 minute less makes any difference to the battles. This will make sure that clans would have enough time to leave the previous game and join the next game. Problem solved.  We have only 60 mins in an hour so we still need the current system of battles every 15 mins. 

benerdeath #10 Posted 15 December 2017 - 01:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20026 battles
  • [ARAVT] ARAVT
I like the idea of a personal and clan fame point compensation. An average single battle win fame point should be awarded for the clan that got the technical victory. At least this will not screw up the clans that is struggling for fame points. 

FidelisRaven #11 Posted 16 December 2017 - 05:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Diplomat
  • 39456 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
Having both on the clock and +15min battles in the campaign is just dumb. In normal cw it enables smaller clans to still be able to def and attack on the same prime time with only 1 team, but in campaigns it's unnecessary, overburdens everyone and leads to more penalties then usual. 

Keyhand #12 Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:58 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 59607 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostFidelisRaven, on 16 December 2017 - 05:52 PM, said:

Having both on the clock and +15min battles in the campaign is just dumb. In normal cw it enables smaller clans to still be able to def and attack on the same prime time with only 1 team, but in campaigns it's unnecessary, overburdens everyone and leads to more penalties then usual. 

I dont like that.less active Clans would get screwed completely on the map.

SirGruut #13 Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:42 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21518 battles
  • [TAKE] TAKE
Everyone would have half the battles tho if the +15 doesnt exist, its just makes it so you dont have to hurry picking the setup that much 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users