Jump to content


why play grand battle

grand battle

  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

MegaDeltaFighter #1 Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:18 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 34156 battles
  • 96
  • [GRFIN] GRFIN
  • Member since:
    08-10-2016

WOT is introducing new map  for grand battle, but question is: why play grand battle?

playing some few battles in that mode is fun I did, but there is no motivation to keep grand battle setting on.

the battle takes more time, you always confront tier X opponents, you need to shoot more there is higher possibility to get damage or die, so there is relatively more credit consumption, sure you are able to get more damage caused or blocked or get spot damage score but relatively you need more to have the same score compared to regular battle mode. well I will get it back on to have some fun in new map but I guess I would set it off again after few games on the mode that should be enough to have some fun.

I wonder what will be other players motivation to play grand battle.

 



jack_timber #2 Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:22 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 32474 battles
  • 1,893
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014

As you say T10 only, reckon it should be opened for T8 and above.

Motivation, well it's a different map something that's needed.



Tomotorqemada #3 Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:23 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 14800 battles
  • 392
  • Member since:
    03-21-2017
well how else can you play a normalsized map, not respawning at enemys gunpoint?

Codename_Jelly #4 Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:24 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 16404 battles
  • 5,056
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013
Well hopefully this will give T8's a bit of a break.

Tomotorqemada #5 Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:27 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 14800 battles
  • 392
  • Member since:
    03-21-2017

View PostCodename_Jelly, on 12 December 2017 - 08:24 PM, said:

Well hopefully this will give T8's a bit of a break.

 

lol hopefully betatesting finally ends and they introduce grand battles for all tiers
of 1 rank, of cos

Edited by Tomotorqemada, 12 December 2017 - 08:28 PM.


MegaDeltaFighter #6 Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:33 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 34156 battles
  • 96
  • [GRFIN] GRFIN
  • Member since:
    08-10-2016

View PostCodename_Jelly, on 12 December 2017 - 08:24 PM, said:

Well hopefully this will give T8's a bit of a break.

 

that's the idea behind the grand battles, have many tier X players to fight each other and let the tier8 players have a break,

but what would be the motivations for tier X players? they can go happily hunt tier 8 and 9s and have some more score and fun.

wargaming should consider some extra motivations I guess, may be some gift bonds for players each 100 or 500 grand battles they have fought or other motivations

 



shane73tank #7 Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:42 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27421 battles
  • 1,989
  • [USAGI] USAGI
  • Member since:
    03-01-2014
Why not change it so you cannot disable this mode, wanna play tier 10 then an all tier 10 game is a risk you take - that would help lower tiers 

Enforcer1975 #8 Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:44 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 20675 battles
  • 10,572
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

View PostMegaDeltaFighter, on 12 December 2017 - 08:33 PM, said:

 

that's the idea behind the grand battles, have many tier X players to fight each other and let the tier8 players have a break,

but what would be the motivations for tier X players? they can go happily hunt tier 8 and 9s and have some more score and fun.

wargaming should consider some extra motivations I guess, may be some gift bonds for players each 100 or 500 grand battles they have fought or other motivations

 

 

Weird thing is ( tinfoil because i only have small sample sizes per session ) whenever i click battle it takes a long time to get into a battle in my only tier 10 tank but if then it's mostly with tier 10 tanks even though there should be a lot of them according to the players who play tier 8....and when i play my tier 8 tanks when i get into a battle almost instantly, you guessed right -> tier 10. Tier 9 is similar but not as bad as tier 8.

Edited by Enforcer1975, 12 December 2017 - 08:45 PM.


TheOddRogue #9 Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:59 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9985 battles
  • 444
  • Member since:
    08-08-2012
nobody plays that garbage

Tomotorqemada #10 Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:46 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 14800 battles
  • 392
  • Member since:
    03-21-2017

View PostEnforcer1975, on 12 December 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

 

Weird thing is ( tinfoil because i only have small sample sizes per session ) whenever i click battle it takes a long time to get into a battle in my only tier 10 tank but if then it's mostly with tier 10 tanks even though there should be a lot of them according to the players who play tier 8....and when i play my tier 8 tanks when i get into a battle almost instantly, you guessed right -> tier 10. Tier 9 is similar but not as bad as tier 8.

 

dont u find it natural?? 0_o

Dundato #11 Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:40 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26168 battles
  • 714
  • Member since:
    06-09-2012
its better than normal battle, you dont get many 30-1's etc

__H3H3__ #12 Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:57 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 30354 battles
  • 577
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
  • Member since:
    12-09-2013
I played 2 grand battles. 1 on the first day and I switched it off immediately. And 1 battle because I was trying to LT15. I don´t understand how people like this [edited]fest of tanks. 

Edited by another_Ghost_Shell, 13 December 2017 - 09:58 AM.


Bennie182 #13 Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:20 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 51633 battles
  • 1,287
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

The only reason I play it is for bonds.

 

A lot of players are too cowardish to play the gamemode actively, so it's a campfest. Every battle there are some heavies camping in the back and guess what.. that flank dies, without those campers having barely any damage as they can't support from there. I like to play it with arty while having dinner, so I can farm some free xp and bonds. Then I support the players who play actively, so they get some assist damage and might feel rewarded to keep playing that way.

 

I find the game mode not good enough for the light class. I don't see them too often in it and even good players in tend to die a lot quicker then they would in randoms, because it's a really really risky mode for them, except for some passive spotting.



Aikl #14 Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:24 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25167 battles
  • 4,253
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View PostMegaDeltaFighter, on 12 December 2017 - 07:33 PM, said:

 

that's the idea behind the grand battles, have many tier X players to fight each other and let the tier8 players have a break,

but what would be the motivations for tier X players? they can go happily hunt tier 8 and 9s and have some more score and fun.

wargaming should consider some extra motivations I guess, may be some gift bonds for players each 100 or 500 grand battles they have fought or other motivations

 

 

Nailing T8s to the wall in a Maus is not very fun. 

 

You've got the idea right, but it's not like it helps much if the priority is still to make a 3-5-7 game for the T8s. The MM do seem to put even T8s as top-tier once in a while, but the price you have to pay is playing a lot of bottom-tier challenge where you just hope you're on the team with the least dumb top-tiers. :P



Lomion_EU #15 Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:27 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 35415 battles
  • 579
  • [CSW] CSW
  • Member since:
    08-30-2012

View PostMegaDeltaFighter, on 12 December 2017 - 07:18 PM, said:

WOT is introducing new map  for grand battle, but question is: why play grand battle?

playing some few battles in that mode is fun I did, but there is no motivation to keep grand battle setting on.

the battle takes more time, you always confront tier X opponents, you need to shoot more there is higher possibility to get damage or die, so there is relatively more credit consumption, sure you are able to get more damage caused or blocked or get spot damage score but relatively you need more to have the same score compared to regular battle mode. well I will get it back on to have some fun in new map but I guess I would set it off again after few games on the mode that should be enough to have some fun.

I wonder what will be other players motivation to play grand battle.

 

 

Guaranteed bonds

 

Proper gameplay with spotting and longer range engagements being the norm.



Cannes76 #16 Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:53 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 64575 battles
  • 1,616
  • [3V] 3V
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011
I'm trying to like it, but having a hard time. The map is just so badly designed! :(

Bennie182 #17 Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:57 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 51633 battles
  • 1,287
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

View PostCannes76, on 13 December 2017 - 10:53 AM, said:

I'm trying to like it, but having a hard time. The map is just so badly designed! :(

True, once you commit to a position it's hard to either push or get out of it.







Also tagged with grand battle

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users