Games I didn't finnish

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

TheOddRogue #1 Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:50 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9985 battles

Skyrim - DNF - To open world, lost track of what i was supposed to do and honestly just lost interest. Was fun becoming a master thief though. Also nudity mod kinda ruined it for me, I disgraced the game and could not play it again after what i'd done to it, hehe. 

GTA V - DNF - Lost interest halfway through campaign. Christ what a boring and soulless narrative...although it's still fun to come and play once in a while, pretending to be a serial killer. 

This war of mine - DNF - Lost interest fast, was very fun and promising in the beginning though.

Far cry 4 - DNF - Copy paste farcry 3 with some snow, lost interest after few hours. The characters didn't feel genuine. And some were completely retarded like that american fat [edited]. 

Portal 2 - DNF - Was very good and fun until i reached around halfway through the game. I realized where portal 1 would stimulate you by putting forth problems which were to be solved with the help of the physics and portal mechanics, portal 2's way of doing that was to put pieces of wall you could portal through on obscure places, [edited]lame. This crapgets really bad halfway through, so bad you go get bored and quit.

stud.

dimethylcadmium #2 Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5225 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
Half-Life 2: Episode Two. Been sitting in my Steam library for years

Edited by dimethylcadmium, 12 December 2017 - 09:24 PM.

undutchable80 #3 Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:04 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6659 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
WoT: Started on US story line with a smithering of French and UK too. Been tough so far with plenty of ups and downs, but it has been mostly fun. Lots of tomatoes, apples and unicoms to make the game play quite varied. Even though the maps are quite bland. Overall kinda like the good, the bad and the ugly really, so we'll see if I finish the game. 

Edited by undutchable80, 12 December 2017 - 10:06 PM.

etody77 #4 Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 61478 battles
  • [PT-RO] PT-RO
Caesar III, Diablo 2

Edited by etody77, 13 December 2017 - 03:24 AM.

Thrael7 #5 Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:35 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22958 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Goat Simulator... Any other game I happily finished and forgot all about WoT while at it. Took a rather long break from tanks this spring and finished Dishonored and all expansions.

Far better game than WoT. I finished all scenarios and missions multiple times so I had to quit at some point.

If this is the OP's point, then I could say that WoT has hardly made me miss out on anything. If not, I can add Verdun, Prison Architect and Tales of Monkey Island.

EDIT : OK, I forgot about Stalker: Call of Pripyat

Edited by Thrael7, 13 December 2017 - 06:03 PM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #6 Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:18 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 7252 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Elex. Why? March of Nations happened. :trollface:

And I prolly won't have much time for it over the holidays either due to christmas collections on WoT.

Dundato #7 Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:03 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26046 battles
Amateur

Balc0ra #8 Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:25 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 63736 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
 Freecell. Been sitting on my Win98 PC for 19 years. Still never completed a game.

Laatikkomafia #9 Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:43 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 21315 battles
  • [ELC-P] ELC-P
Revenge of Shinobi. You need to be a surgeon in order to get the double jumps correctly.

Jigabachi #10 Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:25 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17852 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I rarely finish games. It's weird.

E.g., I'm a huge Final Fantasy fanboy, but I always have to force myself through the last battles and sequences. I just don't want it to end... :(

Block Quote

Skyrim - DNF - To open world, lost track of what i was supposed to do and honestly just lost interest.

To be fair, the main stories of all the TES games suck. I never managed to play through more than half of the story.

The last one I played was Oblivion. On my first savegame I closed the first oblivion gate... that's it. Off to the wilds, caves, dungeons and temples! Still amazing games. Will definitely play the next one if they put more effort into the fighting system. (Still won't care about the main storyline, I guess...)

The only ones I remember right now:

ANNO series: barely touched the storyline/scenarios/whatever. Free building only.

Guild Wars 1+2: Horrible player guidance. Completely got lost after I reached top level, no idea what I'm supposed to do.

jabster #11 Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12526 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

Is it really possible to finish This War of Mine. One of my favourite games once you get into the mindset of you don’t really win but instead write a story. If ever there was a game that screams don’t read a wiki to understand how to play this is it.

Have you ever played Sunless Sea?

Enforcer1975 #12 Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 19715 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Skyrim...the same - lost my goal and interest halfway through the game.

Finished GTA V but the ending was rather meh...GTY IV did a better job.

FC4....to boring after a while...same repetition like in other games.

Shadow warrior 2....fun at first gets boring really fast. Basically the same as the previous title.

Pvt_Duffer #13 Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:57 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16648 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Skyrim: DNF  Though Duffer Jnr 99%'d the game on the PS, so every time  I tried it it was a case of "oh, it's this" and got bored

Fallout 4: DNF  Every time I spent more than 24 hours not playing, I forgot what/where/why. Game was so empty, so shallow, so boring.

Largely though if I'm not playing tanks, it's usually some sort of game that you do not really 'finish'

Big fan of Paradox,  EUIV,  CKIII and Stellaris

1000s of hours in the Egosoft X series

Edited by Pvt_Duffer, 13 December 2017 - 03:58 PM.

Derethim #14 Posted 13 December 2017 - 04:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16805 battles

View PostTheOddRogue, on 12 December 2017 - 08:50 PM, said:

Skyrim - DNF - To open world, lost track of what i was supposed to do and honestly just lost interest. Was fun becoming a master thief though. Also nudity mod kinda ruined it for me, I disgraced the game and could not play it again after what i'd done to it, hehe. 

Same, including the nudity ... mod ... hehe. Also, got bored, because I found Dark Souls.

This war of mine - DNF - Lost interest fast, was very fun and promising in the beginning though.

Try again and finish it, it's a really fun game once you get the hang of it and it's quite short tbh.

Far cry 4 - DNF - Copy paste farcry 3 with some snow, lost interest after few hours. The characters didn't feel genuine. And some were completely retarded like that american fat [edited]. 

Same.

For me, I've never got far in Don't Starve, like to exploring the caves fully and surviving more than a year, because it was getting too hard and I had to rely on mobs to kill the wolf attacks, with no way around it.

Also, putting too much time into it.

Risen I've never finished, but I'm trying to now :P It's a fun game, idk why I uninstalled it.

Witcher 3 - I finished the main story, but I just can't force myself to do the DLCs... I lost my saves and the story wouldn't be so great if I know what's going to happen. Altough I'd probably evade a few mistakes, like letting a mage burn at a stake on accident ... lel

Far Cry - Haven't finished the first title, because I was 10 and quite bad at the game and I kept losing in the last mission

Stalker: Clear Sky - The ammount of bugs in the faction war system made me lose my interest completely ._. like wtf

I got to Limansk and quit it, because of a bug, that prevented me from finishing the game. Otherwise finished all the Stalkers, they're great games.

Hotline Miami - A friend gifted it to me on Steam and I've never even installed it. I'm like completely uninterested in the game.

Enter the Gungeon - Can't bring myself to unlock all the elevators and do a run up to the last floor

I also never finish any strategy game's campaign. COH1 is an exception, but I played that when I had no internet :P

View PostJigabachi, on 13 December 2017 - 01:25 AM, said:

Yeah, Oblivion would be amazing with a better combat system (and better world, it looked randomly generated/copy and pasted).

What I loved about Oblivion, that dissapointed me in Skyrim, was the custom spells.

Dava_117 #15 Posted 13 December 2017 - 04:08 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18178 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS

Man, I'm surprised on how many forumites didn't finished Skyrim! :amazed:

I finished main quest, all the dlc and almost any secodary quest... :hiding:

Jahrakajin #16 Posted 13 December 2017 - 04:17 PM

Didn't even start Witcher 3 and I've had it in my Library since release :/

Got bored with Skyrim, apparently Elder Scrolls series is not my thing. Same with Fallout. 

Portal 2.

On the other hand I at least do 1-2 runs on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC a year. 

Ah yeah, wrong Forum section so Thread is being moved.

Erwin_Von_Braun #17 Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:51 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36860 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postjabster, on 13 December 2017 - 01:34 PM, said:

Is it really possible to finish This War of Mine. One of my favourite games once you get into the mindset of you don’t really win but instead write a story. If ever there was a game that screams don’t read a wiki to understand how to play this is it.

Have you ever played Sunless Sea?

I've had This War of Mine sat in my Steam Library for a while now - dabbled with it, but never really thrown myself at it.

I've heard it's rather grim.

jabster #18 Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:21 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12526 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 13 December 2017 - 09:51 PM, said:

I've had This War of Mine sat in my Steam Library for a while now - dabbled with it, but never really thrown myself at it.

I've heard it's rather grim.

it’s certaily that and not to everyone’s taste. Personally I think to get the most out of it you have to play your characters and not the numbers. It’s one of the problems I have with a lot of RPG’s, you end up doing things purely because you know you’ll get some loot out of it.

Erwin_Von_Braun #19 Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:21 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36860 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postjabster, on 14 December 2017 - 07:21 AM, said:

it’s certaily that and not to everyone’s taste. Personally I think to get the most out of it you have to play your characters and not the numbers. It’s one of the problems I have with a lot of RPG’s, you end up doing things purely because you know you’ll get some loot out of it.

I know another game that's all about the numbers...:hiding:

LCpl_Jones #20 Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9258 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 13 December 2017 - 03:57 PM, said:

Fallout 4: DNF  Every time I spent more than 24 hours not playing, I forgot what/where/why. Game was so empty, so shallow, so boring

yeah same, it was such a meh story line i got bored and didn't bother to finish :sceptic:

View PostDerethim, on 13 December 2017 - 04:05 PM, said:

Stalker: Clear Sky - The ammount of bugs in the faction war system made me lose my interest completely ._. like wtf

I got to Limansk and quit it, because of a bug, that prevented me from finishing the game. Otherwise finished all the Stalkers, they're great games.

i'd forgotten about the stalker games, might have another bash at them. they must be fixed by now :teethhappy:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users