Update 9.21 Feedback - New Customization Feature

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Kandly #1 Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:31 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 695 battles

Commanders,

Please share your feedback regarding Update 9.21's new customization feature in this topic.

Cheers,

Kandly

Denton_0451 #2 Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:48 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23382 battles
1.: The Patriot, Liberté and other unhistorically painted tanks have their "clown" camo visible when the Hide non-historic elements box is ticked. I've originally thought that the checkbox would cover those as well.

2.: While I'm happy that we are able to rent camos for 100 battles now instead of a time limit, I'm sad that we are forced to always use the same patterns. I understand that allowing us to change all the things in the rental presets like in the permanent ones is counterproductive, at least allow us to select which patterns we would like to use in the rental presets please.

Edited by Denton_0451, 13 December 2017 - 08:17 PM.

Csokiboci #3 Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:00 AM

Private

• Player
  • 35985 battles
  • [6HPH] 6HPH

Again historical base colors like UK olive green can only used on VIII prem and X tanks.... And what about the stug, htc, t55a camos? Now i have to pay gold for it to apply? Kidding me? New level of BS!

There should be an option to select what camo i want in preset, so i can use what i like. 

Edited by Csokiboci, 13 December 2017 - 10:10 AM.

TheFluffyVehicle #4 Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:04 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7259 battles
  • [GIFTD] GIFTD

1, This system is amazing and I love that you can change your camos from one tank to another from the same nation, and the inclution of a special camo set for a tier 10 is also amazing, I love it

2, but as much as I love it, it's fustrating me that the exhausts on the super conquorer is not painted while on the normal conquorer it is, (I did check) which is probably the most obvious on the winter camo, where the two exhausts are just still the standard sandy color the british tanks have

3, I simply cannot praise the paint cans enough to help cover the tip of the gun and the drive wheels on the tracks to make the tank's camo feel like it's more complete

4, it would be nice that the game tells you how long the rental camo applies because unless you dig it out or have friends to tell you this, you won't know for how many games it applies

Thank you so much for this feature I love it!

Edited by TheFluffyVehicle, 13 December 2017 - 10:59 AM.

Gboor #5 Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:20 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18666 battles
Please swap my defender to 252u(i would swap skorpion g to non camo version too, but it was never avaliable so yea, just skip that). It sucks non perma painted tanks got tons of new combinations and this crap is paintproof. Its great you put new features, but libertes, defenders, patriots and skorpions became now completely deficient for some people(including me) in face of new update and their versions without perma camo
It wasnt problem before update when there was no customisation, now it is.

Edited by Gboor, 13 December 2017 - 10:30 AM.

General_McMuschi #6 Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21413 battles
Is it possible to pay for it with credits?

TheFluffyVehicle #7 Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:58 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7259 battles
  • [GIFTD] GIFTD

View PostGboor, on 13 December 2017 - 10:20 AM, said:

Please swap my defender to 252u(i would swap skorpion g to non camo version too, but it was never avaliable so yea, just skip that). It sucks non perma painted tanks got tons of new combinations and this crap is paintproof. Its great you put new features, but libertes, defenders, patriots and skorpions became now completely deficient for some people(including me) in face of new update and their versions without perma camo
It wasnt problem before update when there was no customisation, now it is.

well you should have thought about this when you bought them, just like that tiger 131 can't be painted I would like to point out that the tanks where supposed to be a special camo and I would like to point out that this is technically more special than any of the standard camos, I know you can't make your patriot pink or something but it's  still a more 'special' camo than the normal ones

Gboor #8 Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18666 battles

View PostTheFluffyVehicle, on 13 December 2017 - 10:58 AM, said:

well you should have thought about this when you bought them, just like that tiger 131 can't be painted I would like to point out that the tanks where supposed to be a special camo and I would like to point out that this is technically more special than any of the standard camos, I know you can't make your patriot pink or something but it's  still a more 'special' camo than the normal ones

No i shouldnt. Nobody knew then that customisation mechanics will change so what kind of disabled argument is this? You had choise one good camo or boring camos on old mechanics exactly the same on every tank of nation, you know what you could choose. Now its different, im suprised you dont understand this.
Update changed customisation, tanks with locked camo might be worth less for some people and they have right to be mad. You can check forums in other languages, also russian forum. People are pissed there too, because their tanks just became less worthy. Non camoed versions got new features, old ones didnt and will always be the same

If you know what wargaming is going to do in future updates keep us with it so we will know about evething before they announce it. They made update that has huge influence in whole tank look thing and noone should be suprised that some people are PISSED because they cannot even use it. It would be more fair if all premium tanks didnt get any new customisation features, it would be even then, not if some get new features and some dont. Yes, im saying that tanks with perma camo became less worthy in face of their non-perma camo because of new features that came with update

Edited by Gboor, 13 December 2017 - 11:36 AM.

Mariuxszas #9 Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:51 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26113 battles
  • [ANUBI] ANUBI
I love how i can modify old camouflage slightly, without any cost. 
I hate that i can't buy camouflage (or anything) for 7 or 30 days, the only option being to buy it with gold.

Eaglax #10 Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:59 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18973 battles

fantastic changes!

I just love that camos/paints/emblems/inscriptions are not bound to one tank anymore. Only the historical ones are bound to a nation, but that's perfectly fine.

The only thing that really annoys me is the UI, it's just a pain in the [edited]. You have to click dozens of times which could be reduced a lot.

edit: I hope in future it will be possible to use paints for low tier vehicles as well

View PostCsokiboci, on 13 December 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

And what about the stug, htc, t55a camos? Now i have to pay gold for it to apply? Kidding me? New level of BS!

you had to pay gold before too, if you wanted to apply it to any other tank.... and the ones for the stug,htc, T55a and obj260 themselves are still for free

Edited by Eaglax, 13 December 2017 - 12:02 PM.

badcopNL #11 Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16269 battles

View PostTheFluffyVehicle, on 13 December 2017 - 10:58 AM, said:

What an idiotic comment is this? There is no non-painted version of the skorpion and when they sold the patriot no-one knew they would sell the non-painted version a few weeks later. If there was a non-painted version of both these tanks I would have bought them instead of the painted ones.

badcopNL #12 Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16269 battles

View PostEaglax, on 13 December 2017 - 11:59 AM, said:

fantastic changes!

I just love that camos/paints/emblems/inscriptions are not bound to one tank anymore. Only the historical ones are bound to a nation, but that's perfectly fine.

The only thing that really annoys me is the UI, it's just a pain in the [edited]. You have to click dozens of times which could be reduced a lot.

edit: I hope in future it will be possible to use paints for low tier vehicles as well

you had to pay gold before too, if you wanted to apply it to any other tank.... and the ones for the stug,htc, T55a and obj260 themselves are still for free

No you didn't! You could apply them to any vehicle of the same nation for the same price as other camo's with credits.

Jellfis #13 Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1541 battles
The new camouflage is a s**t.I do not understand anything, a very futile menu

Xandania #14 Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35428 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

I have pretty much only one question: Is it possible to paint a horribly ugly tank and then not see it with ahistorical camo disabled?

If so - please change this option so that everyone else only can see what the owner of the tank can see.

Cataphractarii #15 Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:21 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 31196 battles
  • [M_G_C] M_G_C

In notification centre.......

Attention!
Camouflage changed
Customization elements changed
Slots removed: 2

Anyone able to tell me what just happened? all I did was look at the new camo feature and escaped from the camo menu without clicking 'apply and exit'.

Gboor #16 Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18666 battles

View PostCataphractarii, on 13 December 2017 - 12:21 PM, said:

In notification centre.......

Attention!
Camouflage changed
Customization elements changed
Slots removed: 2

Anyone able to tell me what just happened? all I did was look at the new camo feature and escaped from the camo menu without clicking 'apply and exit'.

they removed franken and stein so -2 slots

Eaglax #17 Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:25 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18973 battles

View PostbadcopNL, on 13 December 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

No you didn't! You could apply them to any vehicle of the same nation for the same price as other camo's with credits.

not if you wanted them permanently. And since the option to buy it with credits was removed for every other camo, it's only logical that this option was also removed for reward camos...

oh and there is a non-painted version of the skoprion, it just wasn't for sale directly. The only way to get it was to buy the "random-present" last Christmas and to get lucky...

S136 #18 Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16048 battles
I do not like these changes. Simply put - what was available for credits now is available for gold. Seems like a greedy approach of a company towards players but advertised as "increased customization possibilities"

General_McMuschi #19 Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21413 battles

Wait. Perhaps I'm being stupid but this one thing is really unclear to me.

So, if I got it right - from now on I'll have to take out my wallet and pay actual money to WG to be able to have better camo rating on my tanks that I used to always purchase with in-game credits I earned? So - no money - no camo paint/camo bonus for us who don't want to give our money to WG?

What's next? Are they going to start charging us gold just to enter to each battle?

Ixis70 #20 Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 37618 battles
  • [T-S_K] T-S_K

So all the time I put into unlocking the reward camo for the stug campaign I now have to pay WG real money to use on top of buying premium time each month- REALLY?! What a nasty and under-handed scam for WG, I can't think of a better way to put people off trying to unlock the 'reward' camo faster than making them pay real cash for it, What's the matter, gotta find a way to pay for the xmas party guys.

Seroiusly not happy about this, hats off to WG for shafting its player base, GG

Also tagged with 9.21

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users