Jump to content


thanks for free camo, WG


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

HassenderZerhacker #1 Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:36 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 27647 battles
  • 2,446
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

there are some hate threads in the forum already about the new camo and ... ahem ... fluffy color system.

it sure will take some time to get used to the new system, but before ranting consider the following:

 

- the old camo styles are still there under "old styles" and the three styles, summer, winter and desert

- full camo styles can be rented for 75000 creds for 100 battles independently of tier

and the best:

- in my garage I found three free base camos of each type, so I can outfit three tanks with camo for free!!!

 

so thank you WG for free camo !



Spurtung #2 Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:11 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 65813 battles
  • 5,900
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013
Gotta give it to WG for having thankful plebs over a "compensation" that's a slap on the face of thousands that spent gold on their camos.

250swb #3 Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:01 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 23133 battles
  • 5,246
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 13 December 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

- in my garage I found three free base camos of each type, so I can outfit three tanks with camo for free!!!

 

so thank you WG for free camo !

 

I would have thought most players would outfit one tank in Summer, Winter, and Desert, not three tanks in only one scheme, unless you have a Ouija board that can foretell the next map?



HassenderZerhacker #4 Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:37 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 27647 battles
  • 2,446
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View Post250swb, on 13 December 2017 - 08:01 PM, said:

 

I would have thought most players would outfit one tank in Summer, Winter, and Desert, not three tanks in only one scheme, unless you have a Ouija board that can foretell the next map?

 

in fact I found three full SETS of camo, i.e. 3x summer, winter, desert ... the tanks get the full bonus even when applied only to the hull, so I can outfit 3 tanks with full camo sets.

SzuleckQAWA #5 Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:52 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5910 battles
  • 27
  • [CDKP] CDKP
  • Member since:
    08-08-2013
and if you take them on and off you have 100% free camo

HassenderZerhacker #6 Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:33 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 27647 battles
  • 2,446
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015
yeah, well... waiting for a mod that can automate that :-)

Spurtung #7 Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:13 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 65813 battles
  • 5,900
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View Post250swb, on 13 December 2017 - 09:01 PM, said:

 

I would have thought most players would outfit one tank in Summer, Winter, and Desert, not three tanks in only one scheme, unless you have a Ouija board that can foretell the next map?

 

You only need to camo the hull to get concealment bonus, so that's enough for 3 tanks, not to mention it can be demounted and reused on other tanks.

When you add that to the fact you only need 150 gold to fully conceal a tank with camo, while you used to need 375 to conceal a tier 10 with discounted camo...you can imagine how this compensation feels to players that spent thousands of gold in permanent camo...



Strappster #8 Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:22 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 25496 battles
  • 9,920
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 13 December 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

- in my garage I found three free base camos of each type, so I can outfit three tanks with camo for free!!!

 

Not just that but if you've bought camo for casemate TDs or arty, the "spare" unused camo (e.g. turret camo for my Jagdpanzer) is also in your depot so you can stick that on a tank for free.

 

I've particularly enjoyed playing with the different colour options and spacing for some of the standard camos. The Japanese desert blue camo has some particularly striking options. Thanks from me too, WG. :honoring:

 

 

View PostSpurtung, on 13 December 2017 - 06:11 PM, said:

Gotta give it to WG for having thankful plebs over a "compensation" that's a slap on the face of thousands that spent gold on their camos.

 

Gotta give it to the bitter part of the playerbase who'll search for any little thing to complain about. The price of camo has changed - that's it. Do you post complaint after complaint on the Steam forums any time a game that's in your library is discounted? :rolleyes:


Edited by Strappster, 14 December 2017 - 02:22 AM.


Spurtung #9 Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:27 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 65813 battles
  • 5,900
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostStrappster, on 14 December 2017 - 03:22 AM, said:

View PostSpurtung, on 13 December 2017 - 06:11 PM, said:

Gotta give it to WG for having thankful plebs over a "compensation" that's a slap on the face of thousands that spent gold on their camos.

 

Gotta give it to the bitter part of the playerbase who'll search for any little thing to complain about. The price of camo has changed - that's it. Do you post complaint after complaint on the Steam forums any time a game that's in your library is discounted? :rolleyes:

Happily bitter over having 48 tier 10 with permanent camos bought with gold while on discount (375*48) while now they would cost significantly less for the same concealment bonus (150*48) and not even on discount. The cherry on top is that the so-called compensation is nothing but a present for people that never spent a dime on the game. So...yeah, it's nothing but bitterness alright.


Edited by Spurtung, 14 December 2017 - 02:36 AM.


Strappster #10 Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:44 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 25496 battles
  • 9,920
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostSpurtung, on 14 December 2017 - 01:27 AM, said:

Happily bitter over having 48 tier 10 with permanent camos bought with gold while on discount (375*48) while now they would cost significantly less for the same concealment bonus (150*48) and not even in discount. And the cherry on top is that the so-called compensation is nothing but a present for people that never spent a dime on the game. So...yeah.

 

Boohoo.

 

Yes, it would have been nice to get some sort of gold compensation, I agree. On the other hand, I don't begrudge the f2p'ers from getting the free camo, it's a new system for them too and without them we wouldn't have a game to play.

 

Looking at it from WG's point of view and I can see why they've done it this way - give us a small amount of gold and plenty of people would clamour for more. Giving us the full cost for the various camo we've bought in the past would break the economy. So instead we've got a bunch of camo paint that we can move between different tanks and adjust as we see fit - I've already sold 4 tanks that I was only keeping because I'd put gold camo on them in the past.

 

I understand you feel bitter, I felt the same way briefly before I started playing with the new system. The way I look at it is that I now have much more flexible options on what I can do with the gold I've already spent on camo. That gold/money is spent - you can choose to moan about it after the fact or you can choose to look on it as nothing's really changed but you've got more things to play with now.



Spurtung #11 Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:16 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 65813 battles
  • 5,900
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostStrappster, on 14 December 2017 - 03:44 AM, said:

Looking at it from WG's point of view and I can see why they've done it this way - give us a small amount of gold and plenty of people would clamour for more. Giving us the full cost for the various camo we've bought in the past would break the economy.

The only way that would break the economy is that WG wouldn't be able to monetize from it, that money has been spent already.

 

As an example, the over 10k gold I've spent for nothing would be enough for a 6 month premium account when discounted 15%.



Strappster #12 Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:37 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 25496 battles
  • 9,920
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostSpurtung, on 14 December 2017 - 03:16 AM, said:

The only way that would break the economy is that WG wouldn't be able to monetize from it, that money has been spent already.

 

As an example, the over 10k gold I've spent for nothing would be enough for a 6 month premium account when discounted 15%.

 

You haven't spent that gold on nothing - you've still got camos to show for it and they're more flexible than they were before. We've both paid more than they cost now but that's the way these things go.

 

About 3 weeks ago I bought a copy of Assassin's Creed 4 because it was 50% off. This week Ubisoft are giving the same game away for free to anyone using their Uplay launcher. I was annoyed when I found that out but it's not information I had 3 weeks ago and I can't get my money back so I'm not going to worry about it.



HassenderZerhacker #13 Posted 14 December 2017 - 06:01 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 27647 battles
  • 2,446
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015
what is certainly giving me mixed feelings is that now just every pleb can put camo on his tanks :-/

thestaggy #14 Posted 14 December 2017 - 06:23 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15307 battles
  • 1,964
  • Member since:
    04-24-2015

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 14 December 2017 - 06:01 AM, said:

what is certainly giving me mixed feelings is that now just every pleb can put camo on his tanks :-/

 

Why?

 

I find it quite troublesome that there are people in high tier scouts and meds running around without camo..



HassenderZerhacker #15 Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:13 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 27647 battles
  • 2,446
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View Postthestaggy, on 14 December 2017 - 06:23 AM, said:

 

Why?

 

I find it quite troublesome that there are people in high tier scouts and meds running around without camo..

 

loss of a competitive advantage

 

and it also removes any positives the mission reward camo had.

 


Edited by HassenderZerhacker, 14 December 2017 - 08:14 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users