Selling a tank to get camo?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

dumb_muricans #1 Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2854 battles

I have 6 tanks, WG took all my camo away. I have 22k credits. I can camo one tank for free. I can laboriously move that camo to another tank each battle I get killed - that ain't going to happen!

5 tanks will take another 375,000. The tanks I play earn around average 5k a game. That's 75 battles, assuming no spending on anything else. So is it worth selling a tank to get camo? just how important is camo to the gameplay?

Ah well, I hate the M6! Bye bye.

cragarion #2 Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:53 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 42884 battles

If you look at your camo some of it has numbers on it you already have that number of that camo,

on top of that wg gave you some free camo as well,

they never took anything away from you,

you just like the others need to read how the new stuff works instead of coming to the forums and making thousands of threads saying they took my camo, my camo doesn't work, camo costs 10 times more and all the other [edited]you are all coming here with.

Edited by cragarion, 13 December 2017 - 11:55 PM.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64272 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

took all your camo away? I doubt that. If you bought it with gold, it's still there. If it's rental. It's gone. Check your camo filters if you bought it with gold. But you got a free camo set that works for all nations. Put that to the hull only. It still gets camo rating as long as the free camo is on the hull. So you can use that free camo, to fit 3 tanks with full camo rating 100% free. And you can take them off and put them on other tanks for free.

Just to go camo and look to the far left, any camo with a number on the opposite side of the gold price is in stock. Indicating you can take it on and off.

Edited by Balc0ra, 13 December 2017 - 11:55 PM.

Dr_Zap #4 Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:38 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 56931 battles
  • [HE-JA] HE-JA
On a side note, remember to take off any camo you have on a tank before selling it. It doesnt tell you in that sell/demount drop down screen, but the camo will be lost otherwise while you could use it on another tank or sell it for credits.

AliceUnchained #5 Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:37 PM

General

• Player
  • 38126 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostDr_Zap, on 14 December 2017 - 07:38 AM, said:

On a side note, remember to take off any camo you have on a tank before selling it. It doesnt tell you in that sell/demount drop down screen, but the camo will be lost otherwise while you could use it on another tank or sell it for credits.

Hmm, that's actually a bit sloppy from Wargaming (or knowing them, intentional). Players should get a warning when selling a tank which has camo still equipped/mounted.

Edit: I stand corrected. I have not put this to the test myself but will trust Strappster's word on this.

Edited by AliceUnchained, 14 December 2017 - 07:53 PM.

Strappster #6 Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:18 PM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDr_Zap, on 14 December 2017 - 06:38 AM, said:

I sold 5 tanks yesterday and all the camo went to my depot automatically.

arthurwellsley #7 Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:25 PM

Major

• Player
  • 51256 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostBalc0ra, on 13 December 2017 - 10:54 PM, said:

took all your camo away? I doubt that. If you bought it with gold, it's still there. If it's rental. It's gone. Check your camo filters if you bought it with gold. But you got a free camo set that works for all nations. Put that to the hull only. It still gets camo rating as long as the free camo is on the hull. So you can use that free camo, to fit 3 tanks with full camo rating 100% free. And you can take them off and put them on other tanks for free.

Just to go camo and look to the far left, any camo with a number on the opposite side of the gold price is in stock. Indicating you can take it on and off.

I was slightly surprised by the fact that hull only is all that is needed to get the camo bonus for the whole tank.

But there it is;

"Camo value bonuses are active when applied to the hull, and will decrease the enemy’s view range around your tank."

source = https://worldoftanks...-customization/

WG say nothing about the need to put camo on the other bits of the tank. Is this really what was intended?

Edited by arthurwellsley, 14 December 2017 - 07:26 PM.

Strappster #8 Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:45 PM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postarthurwellsley, on 14 December 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

I was slightly surprised by the fact that hull only is all that is needed to get the camo bonus for the whole tank.

But there it is;

"Camo value bonuses are active when applied to the hull, and will decrease the enemy’s view range around your tank."

source = https://worldoftanks...-customization/

WG say nothing about the need to put camo on the other bits of the tank. Is this really what was intended?

The system is about customisation. For some people that'll involve playing with the different colours and sizing available on standard patterns, for others it's about putting camo on the hull for the bonus and painting their turret bright yellow because they can.

iuytr #9 Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8914 battles

View Postdumb_muricans, on 13 December 2017 - 11:50 PM, said:

Ah well, I hate the M6! Bye bye.

You are well rid of it. Slow light armoured "heavies" like that can't survive against all the fast overgunned lights and ,ediums infesting the game.

250swb #10 Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:32 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21699 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDr_Zap, on 14 December 2017 - 06:38 AM, said:

No, I didn't sell any tanks yesterday or today and I have tons of camo available in the garage and the only place I could have got it is from tanks I had previously sold. The number of camo 'units' you have in each scheme is a number displayed in the bottom left of each camo swatch box. Some schemes I had twenty units available and ready to use for free, or at least free in the sense I had already bought them but sold the tanks. All your previously bought camo is/was kept in the database anyway, but the only way to get at it was to rebuy the tank, now the system is much cheaper and fairer.

Edited by 250swb, 14 December 2017 - 11:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users