• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

FireflyDivision #1 Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:29 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23773 battles
  • [L-REM] L-REM

Block Quote

We are returning to its roots and giving the Global Map more of the sandbox feel, which made it the most unique game mode in the past. The main task ahead of clans will be to win provinces by any means necessary, including blunt power, overwhelming numbers, brilliant tactics, and of course, indispensable diplomacy. Clans will have more freedom to choose their preferred strategy, but the ultimate goal remains to control as much land that brings as much income as possible.

Definitely a good change. CW was no longer an equivalent of the battle-spam focused SH due to this improvement. CW got some if its deeper meaning, originality and interesting aspects back. 

Block Quote

Two Fronts
There will be one front for Tier VIII, and one front for Tier X on the Global Map. The Tier X Training front was the least popular, and has been removed following community feedback. As a consequence, rewards from it were redistributed to the remaining two, which also became bigger.

Good decision. The 2nd tier 10 "training" front in season 5 was just a bad idea. A simple system of 1 t8 front for new/small/building clans with low income, and a main t10 front is the best way to go. 

Block Quote

Fronts Layout

Tier X Front will be divided into three virtual profitability zones. There will be no artificial borders or regions within the front. This new layout will allow veteran clans to fight for the most valuable provinces of the front without interfering much into medium and low profitability zones populated by rookie clans. At any time, clans will be able to progress towards zones with higher income, either by making their way through the land or by landing directly at the edge of the zone with higher income.

Tier VIII will be similar to previous seasons and consist of a single profitability zone.

Landing provinces will be placed only at the edges of the map. Auction provinces have been removed altogether. Therefore there will be no permanent landings in the front interior, and opportunities to claim land far from the coast will be limited to revolting provinces, thus creating interesting opportunities to strategise.

WG did not disappoint with the global map layout. I quite liked it. The layout really matters when it comes to making cw a good gamemode. It's especially great how WG placed the profitability zones and the timezones (vertical profitability zones, horizontal timezones, circular map), which kept things connected, allowed clans to fight each other and to progress. A few years ago, for example, some of the earliest timezones were hidden far in the corners and that allowed certain clans to hide there without being challenged by any other clan. Now, hiding behind a timezone wasn't such a big problem. 

Block Quote

Clan Tasks

We removed all tasks that awarded Victory Points, and reworked tasks that awarded gold. As the main objective for clans is taking control over land, we removed most quests that could distract clans from that or prevent them from choosing their favourite and most enjoyable strategy. Rewards for removed tasks were redistributed as province income.

Some clan tasks that can be completed only on Tier VIII Front or in the low income zone of Tier X front will remain and provide additional rewards to clans that are new to the Global Map. Tasks will be no longer limited to any particular type of provinces, and will not restrict clans from going after provinces and quests at the same time. However, completing these tasks will not be more profitable than fighting for more provinces or more valuable ones. 

Yet another good change. CW should indeed be about fighting for territory and trying to push clans out of certain areas or even the map. For just spamming battles (like it was done in landings in season 5 in order to complete missions), there is the Strongholds game mode. CW needs to be more about the global map. 

Block Quote

Personal Tasks
Personal Tasks that can be completed daily on the Global Map will be added. Now winning battles will not only contribute to the success of the clan, but also reward players directly with Premium consumables and Personal Reserves. 

I didn't really pay attention to this. 

Block Quote

Vehicle Lock Enabled
We share your concerns about decreased diversity in Global Map battles caused by players using the same vehicle too often. The vehicle lock will be turned on and its rules will be simplified across all vehicle types and tiers.

Bringing back the vehicle lock was a good decision. The rule simplification was also a good thing imo. In the past, the tank could be locked for 7 days. However, that wouldn't work in present day due to the high amount of new clans. The shorter lock times in season 6 were therefore better. This feature doesn't need to prevent new clans from building up. 

Block Quote

Season Six: General Rules
Regular and landing provinces will be available on the Global Map.
Clan operations are on. The task list may change throughout the season.
Leaderboards (quest and season ones) are off.
Income of Season Fronts on the Global Map is increase in comparison to Season Five.
“Fog of War” is on.
Province levelling is disabledon all season fronts.
Province income limit is on. The current balance value is 10 provinces.
Auctions are off.
Vehicle lock is on.
Ransacks are on.
Revolts are on.
Regions feature is off.
Shifting battle start time for Influence is off. In 50% of provinces, battle start time is shifted by 15 minutes, depending on their Prime Times.
The province owner does not participate in tournaments on landing provinces and in battles in tournaments through auction, or in attacks by land on their own provinces.
Number of landing tournament participants: 64.
Maximum number of active landing applications that can be submitted by one clan: six for Tier X Front, ten for Tier VIII Front.
Clans that already own provinces cannot apply for landing tournaments on the Global Map.
Clans cannot attack landing provinces by land.
Division modules are on (strategic effect).
Division upkeep is free.
Penalties are applied.

Good rules. These were requested by the cw-community. However, there was a bit of a discussion about the penalty system. The CW community asked for the removal of it and the implementation of a division limit of 7. However, WG wasn't convinced that it would have a good effect and said that they won't implement that idea unless another penalty system is introduced. A poll appeared on the forums and the short-term player-opinion is that WG should either choose to remove the current penalty system and to add a division limit of 7 as it was requested by the CW-community, or to let the whole system remain as it is. No need to experiment with completely new stuff that the players haven't heard about and risk damaging clan wars again. 

Finally, I'd like to thank WG for not freezing Clan Wars during the 2nd season of Ranked Battles. Players should be able to decide for themselves whether they want to play CW or ranked battles or both. As CW is (supposed to be) a sandbox, people don't miss anything beside a bit of gold if they decide not to play Clan Wars. Also... if CW was frozen, then they would miss that gold anyway... so.... It just makes no sense to freeze CW for long periods of time just because another event is active. I personally have zero interest in ranked battles and I'd like to keep playing clan wars in any case. 

So in short: CW season 6 was a big success compared to the few seasons before it, and the features of CW season 6 should be kept. WG should not make the same mistake as it did a few years ago. By that, I mean that WG should not change things without talking with the cw-community on the forum first. Play it safe, WG :)

Final note to CW players and WG: I know that there may be some people who might not like something about season 6. That's normal. It's impossible to create something that 100% of the people agree on. However, I believe that CW season 6 was a big improvement compared to the few seasons before it. If there is something you'd like to see changed, start a discussion on the forums, and see whether the majority of the players support your idea or not. Let's stay behind the idea that WG shouldn't randomly implement ideas again before there has been a large scale discussion on the forum about those ideas. From now on, we should only make steps forward. This is the real message in this thread.

I wish to thank WG for listening to the community's ideas for CW and implementing almost all of those ideas after season 5. It definitely improved WG's reputation in my eyes. 

Edited by FireflyDivision, 15 December 2017 - 12:37 PM.

brumbarr #2 Posted 15 December 2017 - 03:45 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
'Short' ;)

FireflyDivision #3 Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:34 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23773 battles
  • [L-REM] L-REM

View Postbrumbarr, on 15 December 2017 - 03:45 PM, said:

'Short' ;)

It's pretty short compared to the stuff I wrote months ago. Those were at least 2k words. 

FireflyDivision #4 Posted 16 December 2017 - 11:45 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23773 battles
  • [L-REM] L-REM
No responses. Does this mean that everybody agrees or that nobody agrees? :P

Keyhand #5 Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:16 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 59515 battles
  • [FAME] FAME
I would take no feedback as agreement, because if people were unhappy they would cry^^

FireflyDivision #6 Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:07 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23773 battles
  • [L-REM] L-REM

View PostKeyhand, on 16 December 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

I would take no feedback as agreement

How would Wargaming know, though?

Y_O_L_0 #7 Posted 16 December 2017 - 06:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19186 battles
  • [LGEND] LGEND
Is this the last season where WG is giving away reward tanks?

Will there ever be a tier 8 Cw event? I'm asking cause of what WG did to the game with Defenders, Chryslers, Patriots, Libertes, etc. (tier 8 SH already feels pay to win to me)

Griva #8 Posted 16 December 2017 - 07:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 32286 battles
Everything is fine:bajan:

FireflyDivision #9 Posted 16 December 2017 - 07:26 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23773 battles
  • [L-REM] L-REM

View PostY_O_L_0, on 16 December 2017 - 06:40 PM, said:

Is this the last season where WG is giving away reward tanks?

Will there ever be a tier 8 Cw event? I'm asking cause of what WG did to the game with Defenders, Chryslers, Patriots, Libertes, etc. (tier 8 SH already feels pay to win to me)

What we have now is not a season. It's a campaign. 

UrQuan #10 Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:59 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19387 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
While my interest in doing CW myself is low, I do enjoy your summary & it's good to see positive feedback on the game-mode.

Y_O_L_0 #11 Posted 17 December 2017 - 11:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19186 battles
  • [LGEND] LGEND

View PostFireflyDivision, on 16 December 2017 - 06:26 PM, said:

What we have now is not a season. It's a campaign. 

s this the last Campaing where WG is giving away reward tanks?

Will there ever be a tier 8 Cw Campaing ? I'm asking cause of what WG did to the game with Defenders, Chryslers, Patriots, Libertes, etc. (tier 8 SH already feels pay to win to me)

Junglist_ #12 Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35814 battles

View PostY_O_L_0, on 17 December 2017 - 10:08 PM, said:

s this the last Campaing where WG is giving away reward tanks?

Will there ever be a tier 8 Cw Campaing ? I'm asking cause of what WG did to the game with Defenders, Chryslers, Patriots, Libertes, etc. (tier 8 SH already feels pay to win to me)

What we have now is not a campaing. It's a campaign.

KABINE10 #13 Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46537 battles
  • [RSOP] RSOP
no portals to asgaaard? yet another bad season coming...

__H3H3__ #14 Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30317 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
-

Edited by another_Ghost_Shell, 19 December 2017 - 09:00 AM.

Keyhand #15 Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:25 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 59515 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostJunglist_, on 18 December 2017 - 02:59 PM, said:

What we have now is not a campaing. It's a campaign camping

brumbarr #16 Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:43 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

View Postanother_Ghost_Shell, on 18 December 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

I don't like losing 7K fame points for 1 lose. Just feels too punishing. Also winning 23K fame points in one battle is also a bit weird. Or if you get just one win against FAME,MVPS or GO-IN and you will get so many fame points that you can stop playing the campaign. 

Lose 7K famepoint for 1 loss... I wish...

Serprotease #17 Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36564 battles
  • [N00T] N00T

View Postanother_Ghost_Shell, on 18 December 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

I don't like losing 7K fame points for 1 lose. Just feels too punishing. Also winning 23K fame points in one battle is also a bit weird. Or if you get just one win against FAME,MVPS or GO-IN and you will get so many fame points that you can stop playing the campaign. 

Well, go against MVPS, FAME, GO-IN or CSA then.

The point is to drive clan to face better opponent instad of farming low end clan.

I like this feature.

SirGruut #18 Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:50 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21517 battles
  • [TAKE] TAKE
Just a little heads up that someone already made a feedback post regarding this campaign in the CW section of the forum

FireflyDivision #19 Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:57 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23773 battles
  • [L-REM] L-REM

View Postanother_Ghost_Shell, on 18 December 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

There are no fame points in a cw season. 

View PostSirGruut, on 18 December 2017 - 06:50 PM, said:

Just a little heads up that someone already made a feedback post regarding this campaign in the CW section of the forum

Good thing that this topic isn't about the campaign then.

SPAOK #20 Posted 19 December 2017 - 05:31 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9587 battles
  • [GG-EZ] GG-EZ
nice

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users