What's the point?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

SuedKAT #1 Posted 15 December 2017 - 03:55 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I've played a lot of bad tanks over the years, but all of them even while bad at least had an intended purpose which they could at times perform decently at. The M5 Stuart for example, it's crap, but you can at least spot with it, the T-34-2 and A-44 are not very good, but you can at least play them as a MT's somewhat successfully.

However recently I decided to utilize all those Swedish girls I got last year, so I free XP'ed to tier 4 in both lines, the Sav m/43 wasn't the best tier 4 TD I've ever played but it was decent, now I got the Ikv 103 and I really fail to see the point of this tank. You got no armor, you got low HP, the shell velocity and DPM is horrific, the accuracy is bad, you either go for the stock gun which have bad pen and horrific RoF but you get AP and HE shells along side HEAT, or you go with the top gun that have bad RoF, a bit better pen and DPM (still bad though) and get regular HEAT and premium HEAT (which still have bad pen). On the positive side, you got decent mobility and the gun depression is nice.

You either stay hidden, shooting at targets at a distance, which with that accuracy and shell velocity pretty much means that they need to be stationary, not to mention that you pretty much needs to be pre-aimed as well. If you're damn lucky you hit the target but since you (most likely got the top gun) you bounce on pretty much everything you face that ain't tier 4's, T67's / Hellcats, or sideways on to you. You can of course go on the aggressive side and derp someone in the face and do ~300 damage once or twice if you're lucky, you better hope that it's something which ain't especially mobile though, since if it is you often still miss or bounce of some random armored part, when facing HT's it's better to not even bother.

I really fail to see what's the point of this TD, heck I'd rather be in a Hetzer in a tier 5 battle than this thing, heck even a tier 6 battle, if it was possible even a tier 7 battle. As I've said I've played bad tanks, but this is just pointless, it can't do anything properly, apart from being a free XP sink it's nothing more, or am I missing something here? I really can't undertand how it was put into the game like this, sure it's just a tier 5 tank but damn I'm lost at words over this turd of a tank, well I got one word, horrific.

Edited by SuedKAT, 15 December 2017 - 03:57 PM.

SirTogII #2 Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46539 battles
  • [REQT] REQT
It’s pretty bad but don’t think it’s so bad it deserved a well written, long post. Top gun should have had an HE shell and it would have been ok imo. The next one is ok, t7 sucks [edited]and the siege mode ones an acquired taste. Don’t despair over a tier 5 :-)

iztok #3 Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:11 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles

Yeah, tier-5 doesn't really have much of interesting vehicles.  Pitty. :(

EDIT ...but it also doesn't see tier-8 monstrosities. ;)

Edited by iztok, 15 December 2017 - 04:12 PM.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 63736 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Tier 4 and 5 are troll tanks. Nothing more, nothing less. And that's all you should expect. So either you hate it, or you love it due to the alpha. I've kept both as they can be fun at times. But like most TD's on that tier, still highly situational.

Graeme0 #5 Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23707 battles
  • [M-O-M] M-O-M

Just 'sucK it up buttercup' and grind through ithe,  safe in the knowledge it's not the worst tank on that line..!!

SuedKAT #6 Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:37 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSirTogII, on 15 December 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

It’s pretty bad but don’t think it’s so bad it deserved a well written, long post. Top gun should have had an HE shell and it would have been ok imo. The next one is ok, t7 sucks [edited]and the siege mode ones an acquired taste. Don’t despair over a tier 5 :-)

Yeah with a HE shell and the same shell velocity as the MT's at the same tier with derp's would be a step in the right direction, but it would still be pretty bad.

View Postiztok, on 15 December 2017 - 04:11 PM, said:

Yeah, tier-5 doesn't really have much of interesting vehicles.  Pitty. :(

EDIT ...but it also doesn't see tier-8 monstrosities. ;)

I have a lot of fun in the derp MT's at tier 5, expected this to be kind similar but without a turret, sadly that wasn't the case :/

View PostBalc0ra, on 15 December 2017 - 04:21 PM, said:

Tier 4 and 5 are troll tanks. Nothing more, nothing less. And that's all you should expect. So either you hate it, or you love it due to the alpha. I've kept both as they can be fun at times. But like most TD's on that tier, still highly situational.

I actually played the tier 4 with the 7,5 cm gun instead, found it to be more effective when bottom tier, still I can't say I performed good in either the Sav or the Ikv, the results so far is about half my normal WN8, heck I got more average damage per game in the Hetzer and the M8A1 than I do in the Ikv...

Edited by SuedKAT, 15 December 2017 - 04:46 PM.

commer #7 Posted 15 December 2017 - 05:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38080 battles

View PostSuedKAT, on 15 December 2017 - 03:55 PM, said:

I've played a lot of bad tanks over the years, but all of them even while bad at least had an intended purpose which they could at times perform decently at. The M5 Stuart for example, it's crap, but you can at least spot with it, the T-34-2 and A-44 are not very good, but you can at least play them as a MT's somewhat successfully.

However recently I decided to utilize all those Swedish girls I got last year, so I free XP'ed to tier 4 in both lines, the Sav m/43 wasn't the best tier 4 TD I've ever played but it was decent, now I got the Ikv 103 and I really fail to see the point of this tank. You got no armor, you got low HP, the shell velocity and DPM is horrific, the accuracy is bad, you either go for the stock gun which have bad pen and horrific RoF but you get AP and HE shells along side HEAT, or you go with the top gun that have bad RoF, a bit better pen and DPM (still bad though) and get regular HEAT and premium HEAT (which still have bad pen). On the positive side, you got decent mobility and the gun depression is nice.

You either stay hidden, shooting at targets at a distance, which with that accuracy and shell velocity pretty much means that they need to be stationary, not to mention that you pretty much needs to be pre-aimed as well. If you're damn lucky you hit the target but since you (most likely got the top gun) you bounce on pretty much everything you face that ain't tier 4's, T67's / Hellcats, or sideways on to you. You can of course go on the aggressive side and derp someone in the face and do ~300 damage once or twice if you're lucky, you better hope that it's something which ain't especially mobile though, since if it is you often still miss or bounce of some random armored part, when facing HT's it's better to not even bother.

I really fail to see what's the point of this TD, heck I'd rather be in a Hetzer in a tier 5 battle than this thing, heck even a tier 6 battle, if it was possible even a tier 7 battle. As I've said I've played bad tanks, but this is just pointless, it can't do anything properly, apart from being a free XP sink it's nothing more, or am I missing something here? I really can't undertand how it was put into the game like this, sure it's just a tier 5 tank but damn I'm lost at words over this turd of a tank, well I got one word, horrific.

You could have written this post shorter as for a very long time I had no idea which tank you were talking about. Yeah the t5 swed td is crap. t6-t7 are good only for braindead players and the fun only beigins at t8. I wish the elevate option of the Udes on my strv. Makes peaking ridges so much easier and allows for more agressive gameplay.

JocMeister #8 Posted 15 December 2017 - 05:04 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21345 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

The 103 is pretty effing bad. I really liked the lkv 65 II though. This is followed by the lkv 90 which is among the worst 5 tanks I have played...IMO the line is absolutely not worth grinding. Got to the UDES. Played a few games and realized its boring as F to play. Sold it and regret the time spent on the lkv 90.

Get the 65 II and stay there. Its a pretty fun tank. 

SuedKAT #9 Posted 15 December 2017 - 05:32 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postcommer, on 15 December 2017 - 05:02 PM, said:

You could have written this post shorter as for a very long time I had no idea which tank you were talking about. Yeah the t5 swed td is crap. t6-t7 are good only for braindead players and the fun only beigins at t8. I wish the elevate option of the Udes on my strv. Makes peaking ridges so much easier and allows for more agressive gameplay.

I do mention the Ikv 103 pretty early on, but yes I do have a habit of writing rather lengthy things at times when it's perhaps not needed. Why are the T6-7 only for braindead players though, seems like they play quite similar to normal TD's, but well that might be what you meant I guess. I'm not sure how far up this tree I'm aiming at the moment, but since I got the girls last year I thought heck why not put them to use, better than taking up place in my barracks at least.

View PostJocMeister, on 15 December 2017 - 05:04 PM, said:

The 103 is pretty effing bad. I really liked the lkv 65 II though. This is followed by the lkv 90 which is among the worst 5 tanks I have played...IMO the line is absolutely not worth grinding. Got to the UDES. Played a few games and realized its boring as F to play. Sold it and regret the time spent on the lkv 90.

Get the 65 II and stay there. Its a pretty fun tank. 

Yeah from what I've seen the Ikv 65 II seems rather fun, was intending to keep that one when grinding further up, but well since so many have said that the Ikv 90 is bad and I'm not sure how long way up I want to go in the first place I might just stop at the Ikv 65 II

commer #10 Posted 15 December 2017 - 05:36 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38080 battles

View PostSuedKAT, on 15 December 2017 - 05:32 PM, said:

I do mention the Ikv 103 pretty early on, but yes I do have a habit of writing rather lengthy things at times when it's perhaps not needed. Why are the T6-7 only for braindead players though, seems like they play quite similar to normal TD's, but well that might be what you meant I guess. I'm not sure how far up this tree I'm aiming at the moment, but since I got the girls last year I thought heck why not put them to use, better than taking up place in my barracks at least.

Sorry for nitpicking. I work in movies and I read scripts as a big part of it so I am a bit anal about clarity (mistakes are fine as long as something is a fast read) :P 

The t6-7 are for braindead because they have low skill celling. A good player will probably suffer in those but a bad player? If he is one who likes to camp but is bad at vision games than super high camo, decent pen will work for him. Bad bloom + low dpm are bad for good players though. 

SuedKAT #11 Posted 15 December 2017 - 05:49 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postcommer, on 15 December 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

Sorry for nitpicking. I work in movies and I read scripts as a big part of it so I am a bit anal about clarity (mistakes are fine as long as something is a fast read) :P 

The t6-7 are for braindead because they have low skill celling. A good player will probably suffer in those but a bad player? If he is one who likes to camp but is bad at vision games than super high camo, decent pen will work for him. Bad bloom + low dpm are bad for good players though. 

I see, I stare at code most of the day and often evaluate others work which often leads to an essay explaining a few minor things, they must love me :P

Aha, that explains it a bit better, well I don't play most of my TD's like most do, in other words find a bush and just sit there so I might enjoy them regardless. The Ikv 65 II looks fun from what I've seen in-game at least, I did however just compare it to the Jg Pz IV which I really like and yeah it wasn't a lot of things it was better at, but it looks good enough for me to enjoy at least, the Ikv 103 on the other hand I find utterly horrific.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users