Most disliked tanks

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

ZlatanArKung #1 Posted 15 December 2017 - 06:00 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

Through my forum career I have seen many complaints about certain enemy vehicles, or types of vehicles.

And the list over the most frustrating vehicles to play against goes as this afaik.

1: Arty  (class)

2: Jap heavies (tank line from T5+)

3: FV215B 183/FV4005

4: Fast autoloaders (B-C and Skoda T50).

And the rest are pretty equal in how common they are. Examples like.

JgPzE100, Swedish T8+ TD, Maus and some premiums like: Defender, Skorpion G.

If we look at how these work.

Number 1 is an indirect large calibre derp gun with stunning effects. 

Number 2 is a line of large calibre derp guns with heavy armour and no weakspots.

Number 3 is 2 tanks with large calibre derp guns.

Number 4 is fast tanks with high burst.

Conclusion: The WoT playerbase (as a whole) doesn't like large calibre derp guns (for some reason).

I wonder if WG knows that large calibre derp guns are the most disliked type of tank by quite a lot.

I get why you can dislike auto loaders, and the reason are similar to derp gun dislike.

The feeling of losing big parts of hp with few or no counter-actions possible. Which is why it is disliked. Regardless of how true that feeling is.

etody77 #2 Posted 15 December 2017 - 06:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 64546 battles
  • [PT-RO] PT-RO
Only OP or broken premium tanks, or top tier when I'm bottom tier, HT that go where the meds go normally

leggasiini #3 Posted 15 December 2017 - 07:04 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 15245 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

My top 10 annoying/frustrating to fight against:

1. Arty. Does not need explanation.

2. Type 5 with prem HE. This one deserves special, separate section of other Jap heavies, because at least other Japanese heavies tend to have long reload, are generally just very easy to pen with premium rounds and have long reload. The Type 5 however can angle the armor to the point where premium is not even super reliable, it has pretty fast reload for that alpha and the side armor is just BS. Type 4 at least has long reload and you can very reliably rape it with premium. Generally its the weakspotless armor + derp gun, just like with other Japs. This one is way worse, though. Massive P2W derp on an extremely durable super-heavy should not be a thing.

3. Swedish TDs from tier 8-10. Promotes just flat out bad gameplay and has negative impact to the game. I hate having them on my team and hate playing against them. They are forced to camp, which makes them frustrating to play as well for many, and the camo + stupid armor that relies on ammo type or caliber to be effective + laser accuracy + LOLOLOLOL penetration is just retarded. Strv 103B is especially annoying.

4. VK 100.01 P. [edited]that tank into [edited]. While it does not have a derp like Japanese heavies, I still rate it higher because the armor is just a massive pain in [edited]to deal with. The slopes and curves mean that it can troll even tier 10 premium rounds, especially at long range.

5. Japanese HTs tier 5-9. Explained with the Type 5 already.

6. 183s. Oneshotting capability with HESH, the non-pens still do massive damage and the high pen mega alpha AP is also just awful.

7. Fast TDs that has either high alpha damage or overly high DPM. Includes the T67, E 25 and Skorpion G, mostly. Very annoying to deal with.

8. Other TDs with mega massive alpha damage. For same reason annoying as 183s, but still not as bad. Most notably the ISU-152 and Jagdpanzer E 100.

9. Any weakspotless tank not mentioned above. Includes some premiums like Defender and Chrysler K, as well as Maus, T95 and now the AT TDs.

10. Super Conqueror. -10 depression + amazing gun + amazing turret armor. No tank should never ever have all of those 3 combined together.

Edited by leggasiini, 15 December 2017 - 07:04 PM.

Schepel #4 Posted 15 December 2017 - 07:12 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 61720 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

Block Quote

3. Swedish TDs from tier 8-10. Promotes just flat out bad gameplay and has negative impact to the game. I hate having them on my team and hate playing against them. They are forced to camp, which makes them frustrating to play as well for many, and the camo + stupid armor that relies on ammo type or caliber to be effective + laser accuracy + LOLOLOLOL penetration is just retarded. Strv 103B is especially annoying.

BS. The Swedish T9 and T10 have enough armour and mobility (in siege mode) to be played quite aggressively. Red line camping is not needed and often a very bad choice. They are, if played aggressively, actually quite fun and challenging in a good way.

Block Quote

7. Fast TDs that has either high alpha damage or overly high DPM. Includes the T67, E 25 and Skorpion G, mostly. Very annoying to deal with.

8. Other TDs with mega massive alpha damage. For same reason annoying as 183s, but still not as bad. Most notably the ISU-152 and Jagdpanzer E 100.

In other words, everything and anything, if it isn't a helpless, sitting duck.

The problem is not the tank, or the game, but you. It must be quite frustrating to face other players. Especially if they don't roll over and play dead.

leggasiini #5 Posted 15 December 2017 - 07:19 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 15245 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostSchepel, on 15 December 2017 - 08:12 PM, said:

BS. The Swedish T9 and T10 have enough armour and mobility (in siege mode) to be played quite aggressively. Red line camping is not needed and often a very bad choice. They are, if played aggressively, actually quite fun and challenging in a good way.

It is possible, but risky and just hard to pull off effectively. I practically almost never see a successful aggressive Swedish TD.

The topic was about tanks that are annoying to fight against. And yes, a redlining Swedish TD IS very frustrating to fight against. I never said that those tanks or too good or something.

Aikl #6 Posted 15 December 2017 - 07:25 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26080 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postleggasiini, on 15 December 2017 - 06:19 PM, said:

It is possible, but risky and just hard to pull off effectively. I practically almost never see a successful aggressive Swedish TD.

(...)

It's so nice to have maps, tanks and metagames who reward camping. Just too bad they had to implement that stupid siege mode. They are rather interesting when brawling, and the sides overmatchable enough to not really pose a big problem (and tracking them cures most problems). Okay, the overmatch mechanic is kind of stupid too, but they do have weakspots (well, the armor model says the 103B has a cupola, at least).

TheComfyChair #7 Posted 15 December 2017 - 07:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8080 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Grant and Lee. Get both them turrets working :hiding:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users