Team damage system and 'platoon griefing'

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Aikl #1 Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:17 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I'm rather curious, how do the rules apply to a platoon exploiting the "limitations" of the team damage system to teamkill others? Had a little accident (it's a Friday night, darnit) earlier, which resulted in this happening.

Spoiler

I know we don't really get any feedback on our manual reports, but could someone confirm if circumventing the team damage system via platoons is grounds for a ban via manual submission of a replay? I've heard that so-called 'barrel-tricking' artillery (or 'derp' tanks) is grounds for a ban, but I haven't seen anything about platoons - yet. Is it even worth the bother, beyond getting the standard reply that it may or may not result in a ban (because knowing if your report was in vain or not would be a bit too much, I guess).

I believe we know these players from the forums, but per the rules I've censored the names. Naming and shaming isn't cool either.

Edited by Aikl, 16 December 2017 - 01:19 AM.

Long_Range_Sniper #2 Posted 16 December 2017 - 10:23 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 29462 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
I'm ashamed to say I missed this being on the other side of the map. However the tank that turned blue in the end also got banned straight away so was this common?

ZlatanArKung #3 Posted 16 December 2017 - 10:28 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
Angermanagemnt issue?

malachi6 #4 Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:08 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 48655 battles

Had a  3 man platoon do the same to me earlier.  I think one of them thought I impeded him at the start and they all just laid in.

Edited by malachi6, 16 December 2017 - 12:11 PM.

AliceUnchained #5 Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:22 PM

General

• Player
  • 37820 battles
  • [322] 322
It would seem you could use a bodyguard. But not just any one though, one who will uncover the truth.

Aikl #6 Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:17 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Had another situation the other day. Got shot by a friendly WZ-111-1-4, and figured it would be nice to even out the repair costs (or I followed my instincts, the game annoyed me from the get-go in that match). Anyway, this was followed by him shooting me again, and his platoonmate finishing the job. Cause of all this was, from what I can gather, that I "stole" his kill.

While you can argue that I shouldn't have retaliated, I believe getting shot and teamkilled for a mere kill was a bit uncalled for, and the guy wasn't even man enough to do the deed himself. So, let's see what support has to say.

Spoiler

Surely they'll at least make a note of it (or at least suggesting it was done) since it's effectively an attempt at skirting the ban rules. Most of us know roughly the limits of the automated system. It's not a very strict one, i.e. you can manage your team damage without much trouble. Works well for the most part except for preventing the intentional stuff - and platoons in particular.

Spoiler

Unless the representative "misunderstood" (i.e. picked a reply out of some standard ones, which they do all the darn time) me, I can only assume that the automated system also covers these more 'organized' forms of teamkilling. I really doubt that. In that case, you'd imagine the whole platoon got blue if they had some team-damage between them in a short timespan to the same tank.

Even if he did "misunderstand" me, it's rather interesting that WG's interest in these matters are limited to a canned reply and an automatically closed ticket.

While I don't encourage teamkilling, platoons are the way to do it.

(No, this is not something that happens very often, but I can imagine how some people might find a lacking penalty system grounds for much amusement in terms of damaging teammates and whatnot.)

Edited by Aikl, 10 January 2018 - 02:20 AM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #7 Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:33 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 14408 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostAikl, on 16 December 2017 - 12:17 AM, said:

I believe we know these players from the forums, but per the rules I've censored the names. Naming and shaming isn't cool either.

Now I'm sad that I don't actually recognise them. ;x;

SuedKAT #8 Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:41 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Well they have been naughty before....

And even though the system picks up when a single player do something like this repeatedly I assume it don't take into account if platoon members do it at the same time, so a 3 man troll platoon can most likely get away with quite a lot assuming you don't do it very often.

HassenderZerhacker #9 Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23559 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

it's time WG changed the rules - anyone receiving damage from a teammember should be entitled to shoot back without penalty.

If a platoonmember is teamkilled without having fired the first penetrating shot, then his platoon should be entitled to reprisal against the offender.

I really don't get why WG wants players to act like sheep without balls, good little submissives letting themselves getting raped by trolls who often face no punishment because they are doing it cleverly.

Captain_Kremen0 #10 Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36258 battles
[edited]it - name and shame and be damned! We can shun the assholes good and proper and roll out the red carpet for YOU when your ban is over

m1x_angelico #11 Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:13 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21613 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO
All I can repeat in such a situation is the words uttered to me by WG staff: "The system is working as intended".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users