New Maps

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

skero #1 Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:46 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24255 battles

Hello, can we get some NEW MAPS?

Actually something which is "for free" to everyone and everyone can benefit from it? Something what really needs to be worked on?

Actually something which you cannot sell in your shop and offer as "CHRISTMAS GIFT"? Christmas is so good reason to ask for more money isn´t it?

Focus more on things which can refresh the game instead of milking players over and over.

Thank you.

Actually no thank you. For this attitude you deserve less and less players. Far more less than it is now.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:58 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62764 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postskero, on 16 December 2017 - 04:46 AM, said:

Hello, can we get some NEW MAPS?

Sure you can. But it's not done over night... not atm. And here is why.

If you don't know. All the maps are going to be converted to HD, and the current big world engine is gonna get tossed out for a new game engine due to it. And since it takes 90 days to convert each map to HD. They had to use all their current map teams on it. Thus no new maps have been made. The two grand battle maps was made by a different studio and sourced out, since they lacked people to it. Thus why they arrived so fast. Reason is simple. You can't run old big world engine maps with the new core engine HD maps on the same client. So they need all the maps to HD to add them. Thus all the staff

But since the HD map development have come far. The base crew that starts the maps are done. And have made and sent 5 new maps for testing the past 2 months. So there will be new maps soon enough.

Actualy something which you cannot sell in your shop and offer as "CHRISTMAS GIFT"? Christmas is so good reason to ask for more money isn´t it?

Did they force you to buy anything? And you should be happy that they do.  It's those people that did spend that is the reason you are getting 5 new maps. How the heck do you think funds it? Game is not developed with free hugs and kisses. Nor is keeping the game servers up free either. So be happy some are willing, so others can play for free. If you can find me one free 2 play game that is not selling Xmas bundles for €99 each year. I will be amazed. As everyone on my list is doing it. Inc Blizzard, WT and AW.

Actually no thank you. For this attitude you deserve less and less players. Far more less than it is now.

Again, no one is forcing you to stay if you don't like it. Door is right there. Cus when you leave... we will be enjoying this. As you can see. The difference is not minor. That's Pilsen... maybe now you see why there have been no new maps of late.

Spoiler

Edited by Balc0ra, 16 December 2017 - 05:01 AM.

captainpigg #3 Posted 16 December 2017 - 05:13 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30359 battles
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV

We did get a new map this patch, and they are reworking the old map to HD. They have stated that there will be no new maps until that is completed. Try reading announcements and patchnotes.

I have a question, why do people think that all of WG staff do everything, from promotions/pr to vehicle/map modeling? Do you really think Ph3lan understands the first thing about MM algorithms? Hell would the 3D modellers even understand them?

skero #4 Posted 17 December 2017 - 04:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24255 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 16 December 2017 - 04:58 AM, said:

Sure you can. But it's not done over night... not atm. And here is why.

If you don't know. All the maps are going to be converted to HD, and the current big world engine is gonna get tossed out for a new game engine due to it. And since it takes 90 days to convert each map to HD. They had to use all their current map teams on it. Thus no new maps have been made. The two grand battle maps was made by a different studio and sourced out, since they lacked people to it. Thus why they arrived so fast. Reason is simple. You can't run old big world engine maps with the new core engine HD maps on the same client. So they need all the maps to HD to add them. Thus all the staff

But since the HD map development have come far. The base crew that starts the maps are done. And have made and sent 5 new maps for testing the past 2 months. So there will be new maps soon enough.

Did they force you to buy anything? And you should be happy that they do.  It's those people that did spend that is the reason you are getting 5 new maps. How the heck do you think funds it? Game is not developed with free hugs and kisses. Nor is keeping the game servers up free either. So be happy some are willing, so others can play for free. If you can find me one free 2 play game that is not selling Xmas bundles for €99 each year. I will be amazed. As everyone on my list is doing it. Inc Blizzard, WT and AW.

Again, no one is forcing you to stay if you don't like it. Door is right there. Cus when you leave... we will be enjoying this. As you can see. The difference is not minor. That's Pilsen... maybe now you see why there have been no new maps of late.

Spoiler

Oh wow. I forgot this game is about 8 years out now. And they removed more maps from the game than it was actually added. What a great developing. But we have so cute christmas milking system for "rare removed" tanks. Great job.

And are they forcing me to buy anything? Actually this the whole business model of "freegaming" to force people spend their money if you didn´t know.

Edited by skero, 17 December 2017 - 04:18 PM.

Mimos_A #5 Posted 17 December 2017 - 04:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21259 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View Postskero, on 17 December 2017 - 04:13 PM, said:

Oh wow. I forgot this game is about 8 years out now. And they removed more maps from the game than it was actually added. What a great developing. But we have so cute christmas milking system for "rare removed" tanks. Great job.

And are they forcing me to buy anything? Actually this the whole business model of "freegaming" to force people spend their money if you didn´t know.

So basically you just have a statement and no interest in discussing an opinion with other people? Why go to a forum then?

magkiln #6 Posted 17 December 2017 - 04:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21948 battles
  • [EKKE] EKKE

View Postskero, on 17 December 2017 - 04:13 PM, said:

Duh?! What did you think this is, a charity? Of course the whole point of "freegaming" is to get people to spend money anyway. 

skero #7 Posted 17 December 2017 - 05:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24255 battles

View PostMimos_A, on 17 December 2017 - 04:32 PM, said:

So basically you just have a statement and no interest in discussing an opinion with other people? Why go to a forum then?

Yes, when I see for all these years so few maps which are one the cores of the game then yes, I have this statement. And you are free to change it. But it will be hard for you to defend WG because really I see more effort from WG to earn the money than actually refreshing the game.

skero #8 Posted 17 December 2017 - 05:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24255 battles

View Postmagkiln, on 17 December 2017 - 04:58 PM, said:

Duh?! What did you think this is, a charity? Of course the whole point of "freegaming" is to get people to spend money anyway. 

Oh I actually don´t see this as charity. That is why I replied on that question. WG is more greedy than focusing on the game content itself..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users