Please buff T28 105mm credit earning

T28 Tank Destroyer Credits

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

djmiranda15 #1 Posted 16 December 2017 - 11:41 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5985 battles

Not one of the best players by any stretch, but this tank I can't seem to turn a profit without a premium account no matter how well I do.
The 105mm shell profit just isn't there and it's frustrating me to no end.
15/17 shots penetrated, 3560 damage, 5 kills and 2080 damage blocked (although the last 2 don't count for anything which in itself is also frustrating in this kind of game).

Please increase the profit on this shell or reduce the cost.

Replay link: http://wotreplays.eu...djmiranda15-t28
Attaching pic for quick review as well.

WOT_T28 credit.png

Nishi_Kinuyo #2 Posted 16 December 2017 - 11:52 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 7134 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
Or you could spot your own targets instead of kemping in the back, and get double the credits for the damage you did at long range.

Bennie182 #3 Posted 16 December 2017 - 11:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50695 battles

lol no profit on a <tier 6 tank? even with the Christmas special bonus..

you are really doing something wrong. low tiers have low repairs/low ammo costs.

at least buy your repair kits on discount.

Aikl #4 Posted 16 December 2017 - 11:55 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25150 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

The WoT model means you're not exactly supposed to make a profit at T8-10. Especially not when shooting at T6/7 tanks. Also, you're using a 320-damage gun with 1k shell cost. Are you really surprised you're not in the black?

Besides, you have a Löwe. Play it one game, and get enough credits for, what, 20-30 of these rounds. I don't really see the problem here.

djmiranda15 #5 Posted 16 December 2017 - 11:56 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5985 battles

View PostBennie182, on 16 December 2017 - 10:52 AM, said:

lol no profit on a <tier 6 tank? even with the Christmas special bonus..

you are really doing something wrong. low tiers have low repairs/low ammo costs.

at least buy your repair kits on discount.

It's a tier 8 TD. What have you been smoking?

djmiranda15 #6 Posted 16 December 2017 - 11:58 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5985 battles

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 16 December 2017 - 10:52 AM, said:

Or you could spot your own targets instead of kemping in the back, and get double the credits for the damage you did at long range.

As a Tank Destroyer? Sureeee. Should I also lead the charge to the cap?
I have also played more agressive roles with it and did fairly well, until i got overwhelmed as everyone else around me died.

djmiranda15 #7 Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5985 battles

View PostAikl, on 16 December 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

The WoT model means you're not exactly supposed to make a profit at T8-10. Especially not when shooting at T6/7 tanks. Also, you're using a 320-damage gun with 1k shell cost. Are you really surprised you're not in the black?

Besides, you have a Löwe. Play it one game, and get enough credits for, what, 20-30 of these rounds. I don't really see the problem here.

What does me having a Lowe have to do with anything?
A tank should be able to stand on it's own and make profit if a player performs above average with it. And with 3560 damage done in tier 8, that sounds like above average.

The shell cost being above 1K is exactly my point, it costs so much and returns so little. It's ridiculous.

Aikl #8 Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:09 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25150 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postdjmiranda15, on 16 December 2017 - 10:58 AM, said:

I have also played more agressive roles with it and did fairly well, until i got overwhelmed as everyone else around me died.

Are you really this dense?

In the T28 (among others), you damn well should lead the charge, especially in that matchmaking. It's a monstrosity with very good frontal armor and relatively small weakspots - and a gun with good DPM and high penetration to boot. Well, the 120mm has that, anyway.

Situational awareness and map knowledge are your friends. As is attempting to analyze what you did wrong and what you did good. Try to look up T95 gameplay, it should be very similar - and you're gonna be at a serious disadvantage for your team if you camp as a top-tier T95 (like many do, sadly).

Edit:

Yes, apparently.

View Postdjmiranda15, on 16 December 2017 - 11:01 AM, said:

View PostAikl, on 16 December 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

Besides, you have a Löwe. Play it one game, and get enough credits for, what, 20-30 of these rounds. I don't really see the problem here.

What does me having a Lowe have to do with anything?
A tank should be able to stand on it's own and make profit if a player performs above average with it. And with 3560 damage done in tier 8, that sounds like above average.

The shell cost being above 1K is exactly my point, it costs so much and returns so little. It's ridiculous.

Who the heck says that a tank should be able to make a profit on its own, even with a 'grinding gun'? 

Other people have already suggested that the main problem here is not spotting your own targets and sniping a lot. That is kind of obvious, even without bothering to look at the replay. There's a reason why you didn't make a profit, and it's not "playing above average". If anything, this is working perfectly as intended.  While this ain't no scout, your average spotted is .32. Sorry, but that's pretty crap.

From experience, the T28 should be able to make a small profit with the 120mm if you don't snipe like a [edited] with it. Good luck grinding!

Edited by Aikl, 16 December 2017 - 12:16 PM.

B3RG #9 Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:17 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17097 battles
  • [DUF] DUF

The 105mm is on other American vehicles to

​if they change it the other vehicles get affected

​and it's not the top gun it's probably"balanced" on that gun

Bennie182 #10 Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50695 battles

View Postdjmiranda15, on 16 December 2017 - 11:56 AM, said:

It's a tier 8 TD. What have you been smoking?

where does it say that? I have only looked at the income stats, nothing more.

high tiers are not supposed to make money mr smartguy. that's what premium tanks/low tiers are for.

View Postdjmiranda15, on 16 December 2017 - 11:58 AM, said:

yes you should . you have armor and with the buff your engine is fine.

djmiranda15 #11 Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5985 battles

View PostAikl, on 16 December 2017 - 11:09 AM, said:

Are you really this dense?

In the T28 (among others), you damn well should lead the charge, especially in that matchmaking. It's a monstrosity with very good frontal armor and relatively small weakspots - and a gun with good DPM and high penetration to boot. Well, the 120mm has that, anyway.

Situational awareness and map knowledge are your friends. As is attempting to analyze what you did wrong and what you did good. Try to look up T95 gameplay, it should be very similar - and you're gonna be at a serious disadvantage for your team if you camp as a top-tier T95 (like many do, sadly).

The only dense person in here is you. I lead the charge team doesn't back me up, I die, no profit.
You know how I know that will happen? Because it's what happened the last 5 times I lead the charge.

And It's very easy to assume you didn't watched the replay, because if you did, you wouldn't even write the 2nd paragraph in your message.
While I do play a more defensive role (I explained why I usually do that now) i did got into a nice position to do as well as I could with the situation.

Besides armor doesn't mean crapIf everyone can press the 2 key and make me look like a fool as I get penned in my super stronk armor.

djmiranda15 #12 Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5985 battles

View PostBennie182, on 16 December 2017 - 11:19 AM, said:

where does it say that? I have only looked at the income stats, nothing more.

high tiers are not supposed to make money mr smartguy. that's what premium tanks/low tiers are for.

yes you should . you have armor and with the buff your engine is fine.

Your message says that. I was replying to what you wrote. By the way < means below not above.
So your message implies I'm playing a tank below tier 6.

And high tiers are not supposed to make money is a horrible game mechanic. Why shouldn't it make money? Isn't the point of a game to be fun and do/play however you want to play?
How can I have fun if I'm forced to play lower tier tanks instead of higher tier ones? Is it because that would make the lower tiers not worth to play?

No I should not tank, when the game punishes me for doing so. Did that already 5 times, not doing it again.

djmiranda15 #13 Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5985 battles

View PostB3RG, on 16 December 2017 - 11:17 AM, said:

The 105mm is on other American vehicles to

​if they change it the other vehicles get affected

​and it's not the top gun it's probably"balanced" on that gun

It can be a problem with guns being shared across tanks that's true, but something HAS to be done, is a player suppose to lose credits all the time while they grind 51k xp for the top gun?
Seems rediculous.

I know this is a F2P game and they have to make money, but sacrificing fun and inducing frustration to players that do well is not a good idea to keep people playing.
I spent money on this game as I have 3 premium tanks, but I don't feel like spending any more.
Between the credit loss despite good performance, the corridor maps and the press 2 to win said corridor map. I'm losing more and more reasons to play this game. It's not that fun anymore.

Anyway, that's my rant.

Edited by djmiranda15, 16 December 2017 - 12:33 PM.

vasilinhorulezz #14 Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21922 battles

View Postdjmiranda15, on 16 December 2017 - 12:21 PM, said

Besides armor doesn't mean crapIf everyone can press the 2 key and make me look like a fool as I get penned in my super stronk armor.

Strong logic here,

I guess that's why people hug red-line in their top tier heavies then.

Everyone press 2 and my armor means nothing, so I'll go snipe in my Maus from A1.

T 28 is an assault gun, not a TD, being aggressive against lower tiers is what you do, you don't need to be the first one there (with that speed you won't either way), but bringing your gun in the fight is the way to go.

Bully when top tier, support when not. The last thing I want to see in my games are TDs like this one that aren't even close to render range of the enemies you spot, and guess what, mostly they are.

djmiranda15 #15 Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5985 battles

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 16 December 2017 - 11:33 AM, said:

Strong logic here,

I guess that's why people hug red-line in their top tier heavies then.

Everyone press 2 and my armor means nothing, so I'll go snipe in my Maus from A1.

T 28 is an assault gun, not a TD, being aggressive against lower tiers is what you do, you don't need to be the first one there (with that speed you won't either way), but bringing your gun in the fight is the way to go.

Bully when top tier, support when not. The last thing I want to see in my games are TDs like this one that aren't even close to render range of the enemies you spot, and guess what, mostly they are.

Yes those are bad teammates I agree, but what can you expect really? The game trains them that not performing well is very bad and takes away your money doing so, and in top tiers, that's a lot of money.

Could've I have been more aggressive yes I could, but where?
In the hill to the left where I could be flanked like the rest of the guys there? To the hill to the right, where the team held on for a while but ultimately failed.
If I go to the left I get flanked like the rest since nobody was protecting our rears.
If I go right we could push have a good push, but will that be in time to not get flanked by the enemies that will come from the left? Tough call.
It all depends on teammates and like you just said, they are very unreliable, it's what you get with random battles.

Everyone is saying I should definitely be more aggressive and push forward to be either on the front lines (suicide in karelia with the amount of long distance corridors) or be the support (not have enough line of sight on targets and watch teammates die).
Oh and the game punishes me for doing so anyway by taking my credits away, how fun.
Also I get the impression some people believe that me being more aggressive would drastically change the outcome of the battle. I din't see how that would be, without a doubt, a possibility.

For a more experienced player my gameplay was bad, of course, I'm not at the level to predict things before they happen and to be confident enough in my ability to do well in that situation.
But I'm not saying I did the perfect play, my whole point is how penetrating 15/17 shots I fired not make me profit. HOW!? 3560 DAMAGE!?

vasilinhorulezz #16 Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21922 battles

View Postdjmiranda15, on 16 December 2017 - 12:55 PM, said:

But I'm not saying I did the perfect play, my whole point is how penetrating 15/17 shots I fired not make me profit. HOW!? 3560 DAMAGE!?

Because, as everyone said before, you get less credits when shooting lower tiers, also you share xp and credits 50/50 with the guy spotting what you shoot,

and pretty much half your damage was from distance.

Comrade_Renamon #17 Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9439 battles

View Postdjmiranda15, on 16 December 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

1941 was your own spotted damage, the other is possibly done by others spotting them so 50% of the credits from that go to the spotter (or 25% if two people are spotting), like the IS-3 who has 1165 spotting damage. If all the 3500 damage would have been done to targets spotted by yourself you would have gotten a profit.

Aikl #18 Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:19 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25150 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postdjmiranda15, on 16 December 2017 - 11:21 AM, said:

The only dense person in here is you. I lead the charge team doesn't back me up, I die, no profit.
You know how I know that will happen? Because it's what happened the last 5 times I lead the charge.

And It's very easy to assume you didn't watched the replay, because if you did, you wouldn't even write the 2nd paragraph in your message.
While I do play a more defensive role (I explained why I usually do that now) i did got into a nice position to do as well as I could with the situation.

Didn't see anything reminiscent of 'leading a charge' here. You wasted two minutes (out of ten, and at 6k battles you know darn well that time is usually of great concern in assault) driving up and down the hill again - at which point your team was more or less screwed. The position you got in the end was essentially useless as a result. Adapting to your place in the team is a must. A top-tier light tank can, and often should, play like a medium tank; wasting it as a pure spotter is often a mistake.

That being said, your team here was pretty crap, and a win would be somewhat unlikely anyway. Doubt your mistake affected that much; both flanks broke down after all.

Figured I didn't really need to watch the replay, a five-minute loss kind of suggests what happened. I did, and I wasn't exactly surprised. Playing defensively on assault is often a mistake - unless the enemy team does the opposite mistake. Disable the assault mode if you want to play 'defensively', God knows assault could use fewer of them. A 'defensive' playstyle works much better in standard mode. True story.

If you have a problem with use of the '2' key, I recommend playing something without armor. It literally makes no sense to play a slow, well-armoured tank if you actually think premium ammo is a problem for armoured tanks. The T28 is not T95-level proof, but unless you are really close there's a fair chance of them hitting e.g. the mantlet - which is huge and made out of Soviet-sourced Stalinium.

RamRaid90 #19 Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:21 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20034 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postdjmiranda15, on 16 December 2017 - 10:58 AM, said:

As a well armoured assault tank? Sureeee. Should I also lead the charge to the cap?

FTFY. Learn your role.

RamRaid90 #20 Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:22 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20034 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 16 December 2017 - 12:13 PM, said:

Because, as everyone said before, you get less credits when shooting lower tiers, also you share xp and credits 50/50 with the guy spotting what you shoot,

and pretty much half your damage was from distance.

No you don't, credits earned are the same. Only XP is modified by tier.

Credits earned are indeed halved when not spotting your own damage.

Edited by RamRaid90, 16 December 2017 - 01:25 PM.

Also tagged with T28, Tank Destroyer, Credits

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users