Jump to content


Gift Boxes Corrupted


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Tilly042 #1 Posted 16 December 2017 - 03:53 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27777 battles
  • 206
  • [29AR] 29AR
  • Member since:
    09-08-2012

Bought the traditional Christmas Gift Box pack (75 of them) and about 20 of them appear to have corrupted.  The line where the gifts should be was completely blank and the option to open the next box was not there.  I had to close the application and then open it again.

 

I've sent a ticket to WG but I fully expect to get a stiff ignoring from them.  I ended up getting just a bit of 20K gold and about 5 million credits.  Not sure what I missed out on with the corrupted gift boxes but I feel properly cheated by WG.

 

 



qpranger #2 Posted 16 December 2017 - 03:58 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 31949 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
Or you could try installing even more mods?

SastusBulbas #3 Posted 16 December 2017 - 03:59 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 33912 battles
  • 2,876
  • Member since:
    11-24-2010

Running any mods or an old client that used to run mods or any such thing.

 

My lad and I have had no issues with gift boxes, though I only had 11 and my lad 3. But none of us run mods.


Edited by SastusBulbas, 16 December 2017 - 04:00 PM.


cragarion #4 Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:05 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 43727 battles
  • 2,478
  • Member since:
    07-10-2010

View PostTilly042, on 16 December 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

Bought the traditional Christmas Gift Box pack (75 of them) and about 20 of them appear to have corrupted.  The line where the gifts should be was completely blank and the option to open the next box was not there.  I had to close the application and then open it again.

 

I've sent a ticket to WG but I fully expect to get a stiff ignoring from them.  I ended up getting just a bit of 20K gold and about 5 million credits.  Not sure what I missed out on with the corrupted gift boxes but I feel properly cheated by WG.

 

 

 

You got the gifts you just didn't see what you got will be an mod that has not been updated to the newest patch yet.

Tilly042 #5 Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:22 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27777 battles
  • 206
  • [29AR] 29AR
  • Member since:
    09-08-2012
Sadly, no mods and on checking my garage, nothing appeared such as gold or credits increase when one of the dodgy boxes acted up.  I had to check as I had to leave the game and then get back in.

PzTeufel #6 Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:36 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 5575 battles
  • 98
  • Member since:
    09-17-2015

There is always an option. 

 

Dont pay anything to these WG *edit


Edited by Jbnn, 19 December 2017 - 09:37 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.


Jumping_Turtle #7 Posted 16 December 2017 - 05:04 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 60787 battles
  • 5,231
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013

View PostTilly042, on 16 December 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

Sadly, no mods and on checking my garage, nothing appeared such as gold or credits increase when one of the dodgy boxes acted up.  I had to check as I had to leave the game and then get back in.

 

But you must have been so smart to make a few screenshots so not much problems there.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #8 Posted 16 December 2017 - 05:21 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 28369 battles
  • 2,142
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
Looks like someone didn't get a Type59 and is trying to claim it was because of "broken lootboxes". You got unlucky, deal with it.

250swb #9 Posted 16 December 2017 - 06:07 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 22036 battles
  • 4,950
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015

View PostPzTeufel, on 16 December 2017 - 03:36 PM, said:

There is always an option. 

 

Dont pay anything to these WG *edit

 

 

The other option is not to criticise where other people are paying the company just so you can freeload off the fun and constant improvements to the game. You imagine WG or any company can give you a game totally for free?



Balc0ra #10 Posted 16 December 2017 - 06:11 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 65730 battles
  • 15,995
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostPzTeufel, on 16 December 2017 - 04:36 PM, said:

There is always an option. 

 

Dont pay anything to these WG *edit

 

You should be happy some do. Only reason you are here playing for free. Then again, you playing the game as a statistical number makes them money to. As they have daily login stats to show their investors. So either way, you are helping their criminal origination in your own way.

CmdRatScabies #11 Posted 16 December 2017 - 06:25 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 36827 battles
  • 4,047
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

Just had one of these myself - the only 2 tanks I'm missing the Type 59 & the AC1 turned up in boxes 1 to 10 then I got a blank and had to restart the client.  However, I took screenshots before I started and after every box & I can see that the box contents were added even though I didn't see them - the total Gold I have was 250 more than the box totals and Premium days are 1 more so I know it was counted.



Jbnn #12 Posted 19 December 2017 - 09:41 AM

    Moderator

  • Moderator
  • 9305 battles
  • 642
  • [WG_M] WG_M
  • Member since:
    05-23-2017
Not related to game-play.
Moving to off-topic and I suggest you to contact customer support and discuss with them your problem.


Have a nice day and hope everything will be alright :great:


PzTeufel #13 Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:48 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 5575 battles
  • 98
  • Member since:
    09-17-2015

View PostBalc0ra, on 16 December 2017 - 06:11 PM, said:

 

You should be happy some do. Only reason you are here playing for free. Then again, you playing the game as a statistical number makes them money to. As they have daily login stats to show their investors. So either way, you are helping their criminal origination in your own way.

 

In civilized economies customers get something for their money. Usually they get what they have been promised. This OP's story makes me believe he didn't get that. 

 

Not the first and last time when this happens with WG. 

 

And players still accept that. 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users