Jump to content


Congratulations on ruining the AT2


  • Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

NoPoet406 #1 Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:34 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 2441 battles
  • 502
  • [USAW] USAW
  • Member since:
    07-01-2016

Well, this update seems to have had its ups and downs, but one thing which is receiving a universal panning is the utterly ludicrous nerf to the AT2.

 

What WG seem to have done is looked at which British AT-line tanks are performing poorly, and upgrading the top gun while buffing some of their weak spots. This probably goes about a quarter of the way towards addressing what's wrong with these tanks and why nobody plays them. They have not simply failed to understand the numerous other reasons why British tanks (not just of the AT-line) are downright unpopular in the game (when was the last time you saw more than 1 or 2 Brit tanks in a game?) - they have blithely ignored feedback, suggestions and howls of outrage from already hard-pressed Brit players.

 

What WG have also done is looked at which British AT-line tanks are performing well, which is apparently just the AT2, and nerfing it heavily without providing anything to balance the new nerf. Is the tank more mobile? No. Is it harder to spot? No. Does it have more health? No. Can it block 1000 damage? No. Does it have a better top gun? No. Is it easier to kill? Yes. Can it now be taken out in two hits? Yes.

 

The utter moronism (why is that not a word?) of this nerf beggars belief. When I joined the forum I defended WG and the game quite heavily. This was mainly down to ignorance, as none of the changes they were making affected any of my tanks, with me being virtually Brit-only. Eventually this lack of changes began to grate, as many, many Brit tanks are either situational at best due to being too slow, or utterly useless at killing things due to puny guns. We've seen the continued ascendancy of American and Russian tanks, which seem only to benefit from changes. For example, the T67 now outclasses the AT2 in every conceivable way and can kill it easily despite the AT2's armour. I've seen ten T67s in one battle (five per team). When has anyone ever seen TEN AT2s in a game? This is to say nothing of French light AMX tanks which now dominate tier 5-7 games. Where's the nerf to their tank line? Where's the balance? Is France the new darling?

 

The way British players and British tanks are being treated seems to border on discrimination. We couldn't even get the extra gold by using Paypal which was offered to most of Europe recently.

 

Does WG employ court jesters to make its decisions?


Edited by NoPoet406, 17 December 2017 - 01:36 PM.


commer #2 Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:47 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38082 battles
  • 1,995
  • Member since:
    06-14-2011
No one sees 10 at2s in the game because they are boring, not because they were balanced.

jack_timber #3 Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:56 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 33432 battles
  • 2,073
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014

Yes it's a shame AT2 had it's armour nerfed. Let's face it it's top speed was so slooow and the gun has 75 hp per shot therefore it armour was the only good point.

Never mind at least the Badger is worth the grind.

 



Balc0ra #4 Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:07 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66269 battles
  • 16,261
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

Give me one good reason why that thing needed more armor then most tier 7 guns have pen head on? It was beyond retarded, always was. 203mm of armor when most guns you faced had less then 100 as top tier.  And you still have more armor then tier 5 guns have pen on the hull.  As it should be, as your armor should only be effective as top tier vs what goes for normal ammo. As tier for tier it was more effective then anything pre nerf. It's a bit silly when it as bottom tier TD could soak up more damage then a top tier HT at times, since it was not easy for most to hit that 101mm cupola at 250m if they had less then 200 pen.

 

I can agree on that they should have buffed some other aspects like the gun accuracy or a minor mobility buff to compensate. But giving it a better gun or more HP would not fix it tbh.

 

It's like the ELC whiners that still thinks their gun needed 256 gold pen vs tier 4 tanks. Or that still think it needs the 170 pen AP ammo. When it still has more pen then any tier 5 light as is, or even most tier 5 meds.


Edited by Balc0ra, 17 December 2017 - 02:09 PM.


Bucifel #5 Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:10 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 30951 battles
  • 1,373
  • [B4DD] B4DD
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013
and i liked this tank...

Sfinski #6 Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:13 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 31704 battles
  • 2,615
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013
Tank is completely fine. Still strongest armour at its tier. 

Steve8066 #7 Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:17 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 12432 battles
  • 834
  • Member since:
    10-06-2015

View PostSfinski, on 17 December 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

Tank is completely fine. Still strongest armour at its tier. 

 

which is completely irrelevant when it faces +2 60% of the time.

Bucifel #8 Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:17 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 30951 battles
  • 1,373
  • [B4DD] B4DD
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View PostSfinski, on 17 December 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

Tank is completely fine. Still strongest armour at its tier. 

 

no, its not

still no relevant weakpoint for its tier, thickest armor can be pissed off now by that retard gold ammo by mostly tanks what AT2 meets and still stupid unbuffed gun with LESS pen than a heavy from same tier...on a TD ??

perfectly fine..what can i say...:facepalm:


Edited by Bucifel, 17 December 2017 - 02:18 PM.


CaptainThunderWalker #9 Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:20 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18937 battles
  • 1,297
  • Member since:
    09-25-2015

View PostBucifel, on 17 December 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

 

no, its not

still no relevant weakpoint for its tier, thickest armor can be pissed off now by that retard gold ammo by mostly tanks what AT2 meets and still stupid unbuffed gun with LESS pen than a heavy from same tier...on a TD ??

perfectly fine..what can i say...:facepalm:

 

You mention the problem. No relevant weakspot on its tier.

 

The current balance change for the AT2 was terrible, because this problem wasn't adjusted.

 

What they should have done was kept its frontal armor intact (so it doesn't care *that* much if it runs into a KV-3 - it's not like it can relocate anyway) and just halve the thickness of that cupola. That way it has a weakspot that everything can penetrate, whereas higher-tiered opponents or strong TDs can't autoaim at its front and lolpen it.

That and it's no longer premium-ammo proof from other Tier V tanks, which is obviously only working well for Wargaming's pocket. Gack.

 

Currently it is still broken, because its frontal armor still negates anything it can meet on equal and lower tiers, but now it's just frustrating because higher-tiered opponents utterly smash the AT2 as well, making it both a very strong and a very weak tank depending on what the MM feeds the AT2. Player skill?

 

Irrelevant.


Edited by CaptainThunderWalker, 17 December 2017 - 02:24 PM.


ZlatanArKung #10 Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:22 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1529 battles
  • 5,112
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View PostBalc0ra, on 17 December 2017 - 02:07 PM, said:

Give me one good reason why that thing needed more armor then most tier 7 guns have pen head on? It was beyond retarded, always was. 203mm of armor when most guns you faced had less then 100 as top tier.  And you still have more armor then tier 5 guns have pen on the hull.  As it should be, as your armor should only be effective as top tier vs what goes for normal ammo. As tier for tier it was more effective then anything pre nerf. It's a bit silly when it as bottom tier TD could soak up more damage then a top tier HT at times, since it was not easy for most to hit that 101mm cupola at 250m if they had less then 200 pen.

 

I can agree on that they should have buffed some other aspects like the gun accuracy or a minor mobility buff to compensate. But giving it a better gun or more HP would not fix it tbh.

 

It's like the ELC whiners that still thinks their gun needed 256 gold pen vs tier 4 tanks. Or that still think it needs the 170 pen AP ammo. When it still has more pen then any tier 5 light as is, or even most tier 5 meds.

Now, T5 tanks can just shoot premium ammo and go through AT-2 armour.

Earlier, they couldn't. 

Great change.

 

Pre-nerf AT-2 could be penned by regular T5 ammo if you shot weakspot.


Edited by ZlatanArKung, 17 December 2017 - 02:24 PM.


Spurtung #11 Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:33 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 63676 battles
  • 5,900
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostNoPoet406, on 17 December 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

The way British players and British tanks are being treated seems to border on discrimination. We couldn't even get the extra gold by using Paypal which was offered to most of Europe recently.

You did vote out, though. I suppose there are many things already being affected by it, so...



Bennie182 #12 Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:41 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 53693 battles
  • 1,597
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

View PostNoPoet406, on 17 December 2017 - 01:34 PM, said:

Congratulations on ruining the AT2

Thanks and glad you enjoy it. I do as well!



etody77 #13 Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:48 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 62862 battles
  • 945
  • [PT-RO] PT-RO
  • Member since:
    09-12-2015
Dont cry, i have same gun, with 75 dmg, on churchill III and matilda BP, but less armour

TheWarrener #14 Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:53 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 3360 battles
  • 355
  • Member since:
    10-31-2017

Ye Ye, wah wah, stop stat padding

Edit: oh nvm just looked


Edited by TheWarrener, 17 December 2017 - 02:54 PM.


TheComfyChair #15 Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:59 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 7608 battles
  • 748
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-20-2017
RIP  Sealclubber  :honoring:

_Anarchistic_ #16 Posted 17 December 2017 - 03:04 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38694 battles
  • 1,081
  • Member since:
    01-07-2015

View PostCaptainThunderWalker, on 17 December 2017 - 02:20 PM, said:

 

You mention the problem. No relevant weakspot on its tier.

 

The current balance change for the AT2 was terrible, because this problem wasn't adjusted.

 

What they should have done was kept its frontal armor intact (so it doesn't care *that* much if it runs into a KV-3 - it's not like it can relocate anyway) and just halve the thickness of that cupola. That way it has a weakspot that everything can penetrate, whereas higher-tiered opponents or strong TDs can't autoaim at its front and lolpen it.

That and it's no longer premium-ammo proof from other Tier V tanks, which is obviously only working well for Wargaming's pocket. Gack.

 

Currently it is still broken, because its frontal armor still negates anything it can meet on equal and lower tiers, but now it's just frustrating because higher-tiered opponents utterly smash the AT2 as well, making it both a very strong and a very weak tank depending on what the MM feeds the AT2. Player skill?

 

Irrelevant.

 

disagree entirely.

 

whats the point of a slow heavy armoured tank with a weakspot everyone can pen?  it is just a sitting duck, might as well paint green circles on tank saying shoot here

 



Bucifel #17 Posted 17 December 2017 - 03:16 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 30951 battles
  • 1,373
  • [B4DD] B4DD
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View Post_Anarchistic_, on 17 December 2017 - 03:04 PM, said:

 

disagree entirely.

 

whats the point of a slow heavy armoured tank with a weakspot everyone can pen?  it is just a sitting duck, might as well paint green circles on tank saying shoot here

 

 

View Post_Anarchistic_, on 17 December 2017 - 03:04 PM, said:

 

disagree entirely.

 

whats the point of a slow heavy armoured tank with a weakspot everyone can pen?  it is just a sitting duck, might as well paint green circles on tank saying shoot here

 

 

because you need to aim for it? Knowledge? skill for this??

because make STANDARD ammo relevant not only retard p2w gold??

 

really...whats the point of weakpoints..? 

:facepalm:

 

in that way i can ask you whats the point of armor if anyone can pen it IF THEY PAY MORE?? I mean gold ammo


Edited by Bucifel, 17 December 2017 - 03:17 PM.


Chull #18 Posted 17 December 2017 - 03:16 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 31674 battles
  • 119
  • Member since:
    04-21-2012

I agree with you OP, AT2 is the only tank in the game I bothered to go for 3 marks. The first tank I bought camo for gold and now it's only strong point is removed it will be just a statue gathering dust in the garage, a testament to never get too attached to any non premium. 

 

Such a shame.



Sfinski #19 Posted 17 December 2017 - 03:22 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 31704 battles
  • 2,615
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013

View PostSteve8066, on 17 December 2017 - 03:17 PM, said:

 

which is completely irrelevant when it faces +2 60% of the time.

 

That's for every tank. Every armoured tank. Except t9-10 for obvious reasons. On that, the problem isn't the armour or lack of it. It's the balancing between tiers.

_Anarchistic_ #20 Posted 17 December 2017 - 03:50 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38694 battles
  • 1,081
  • Member since:
    01-07-2015

View PostBucifel, on 17 December 2017 - 03:16 PM, said:

 

 

because you need to aim for it? Knowledge? skill for this??

because make STANDARD ammo relevant not only retard p2w gold??

 

really...whats the point of weakpoints..? 

:facepalm:

 

in that way i can ask you whats the point of armor if anyone can pen it IF THEY PAY MORE?? I mean gold ammo

 

​I get where you are coming from, but gold ammo a separate issue.  as for weakspots is makes tanks useless, just look at all the posts about e5 /tortoise/French tanks etc and the cupola making the tanks unplayable.   if you make that area a 1 hit hitbox so it is destroyed and once destroyed there are no more damage points to be farmed then happy, or perhaps only a 25% damage roll, but otherwise it negates armour as pretty much everyone knows where to shoot.  Further shooting the same unimportant part of the tank over and over to kill it is just a bad game mechanic

 

you want a weakspot drive around the tank, flank it, track it and keep it perma tracked so its an easy farm






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users