T92 light tank

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Hechaton #1 Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:19 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 44691 battles

Finally a new tier VIII light tank!

Thanks WG for a great model. It's nothing less than stunning and I had to have one. Now, when I'm pushing 200 games I can finally give my opinion about it with reference in real gameplay.

Firepower

Bad/terrrible

Gun handling

This gun feels more accurate than then majorety of the guns in the game. And the aiming time is superb, making it very easy to snapshot.

(Forget firing on targets at long range as usual).

Penetration

With the standard of 175mm you can't reliably penetrate same tier heavies head on. Which isn't a too great of a drawback, this tank shouldn't be there in the first place. 

The gun is one of the tank's greatest asset, and the biggest drawback at the same time. It's great if you sit in a bush sniping at tier VIII and down, but with the 112-188 dmg alpha, you won't be able to kill anything quickly. Even same tier lights becomes a days work. 

The gun struggles even more when facing tier IX and pretty much useless on tier X.

Whereas the IS 6 with the same penetration of 175 has a preferencial matchmaking, this tank surprisingly has not. 

Turret traverse

The turret traverse speed is very slow. Quite often the turret is too slow to keep up with the tank movement when circling enemy tanks/ heavy maneuvering.

Survivabilty

Bad

It has no armour. Don't trade -period. You are a two-shot from tier VIII up, three- shot on a lucky day. 

Mobility

Decent

This tank is fast and shifts fast on hard and moderate terrain. On soft terrain it's terrible -close to useless. I've often got blown up on soft terrain because I've misjudged the turning radius greatly. This has lead me not to go where the terrain is soft -period. Besides, the turning radius is surprisingly big for being such a small tank in the first place.

On open maps: This tank is fast enough to get to the initial spotting locations in difference from the Black dog- making this tank a much better spotting tank.

Concealment

Good

Yes, it looks stealthy- and it is stealthy, again making it a better scout than the Black dog.

Spotting

Excellent

Base view range of 400

Economy

Terrible

The premium rounds cost whopping 5600 silver, and deliver a damage of 150 (maybe). This can't be described by anything but terrible. 

Fun factor

Good

This tank quickly became one of my favourite tanks due to several features: The steath and view range to spot (active and passive), the speed to flank or evade and sufficient dpm (when undisturbed). 

Is this tank worh the money?

If you play for fun: Yes definitively! -Yes!

If you want a to earn a lot of money - Maybe not

If you want to have a great impact of the game - Maybe not

Sams_Baneblade #2 Posted 17 December 2017 - 11:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16746 battles
And what about that terribly low engine health? How often did you got screwed up?

brumbarr #3 Posted 17 December 2017 - 11:51 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

View PostSams_Baneblade, on 17 December 2017 - 11:40 PM, said:

And what about that terribly low engine health? How often did you got screwed up?

That got fixed almsot straight after it went on sale.

Search_Warrant #4 Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:32 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 26690 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View Postbrumbarr, on 17 December 2017 - 10:51 PM, said:

Indeed my engine rarely gets damaged/destroyed nowadays. but the dam tank itself gets blown to pieces allot..

Sams_Baneblade #5 Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16746 battles

View Postbrumbarr, on 17 December 2017 - 11:51 PM, said:

Good, I wasn't aware of that. :)

doctorfrag #6 Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:35 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24509 battles

View Postbrumbarr, on 17 December 2017 - 11:51 PM, said:

I dont recall many engine problems if any.

Good write up

I've got mine fully pimped view range over 500, so great for scouting, lots of fun

Cobra6 #7 Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:49 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostHechaton, on 17 December 2017 - 06:19 PM, said:

Penetration

With the standard of 175mm you can't reliably penetrate same tier heavies head on. Which isn't a too great of a drawback, this tank shouldn't be there in the first place. 

The gun is one of the tank's greatest asset, and the biggest drawback at the same time. It's great if you sit in a bush sniping at tier VIII and down, but with the 112-188 dmg alpha, you won't be able to kill anything quickly. Even same tier lights becomes a days work. 

The gun struggles even more when facing tier IX and pretty much useless on tier X.

Whereas the IS 6 with the same penetration of 175 has a preferencial matchmaking, this tank surprisingly has not. 

One good thing about the penetration on the standard ammo which is not obvious from the start is that it almost does not drop over range.

The T92 has 175mm penetration at 100m and it still has 173mm of penetration at 500m which is actually pretty amazing. Pretty much *ALL* other T8 light tanks have 17Xmm penetration at 100m but a terrible 160mm penetration at 500m, they drop roughly 20mm of pen over distance where the T92 only drops 2mm.

This is something which is actually quite good.

That being said the premium ammo is terrible both in penetration and in price which should be rectified.

Cobra 6

Also tagged with T92 light tank

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users