WG, wth? One year break, return and bad surprise !

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Panzer_Gawron #1 Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:24 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 33408 battles

Hey,

So, I had one year breake, I was on emigration in Uk, and had lack of free time to spend. Now when Im back home, I install wot and I meet defender in my first battle, in my t34. I thought that i should check that tech tree soviet ht, and see what is on the end of that line, then I discoveretd.... that tank was prem! Few battles Later I discovered even more of those OP PREM TANKS like Prima victoria, Lorrane 40t, scorpion....  I compere them to my old prem tanks(IM old wot player, I have tons of them).... they all are just a craps now, when you compered them to some of those new prems... to be honest,  all tanks for gold in garage are junk now.... I wounder why you lie to dozens of your cusdomers. when you mention that you will never make prem tanks comperable to the standard tech line tanks! What now? Should I sell All those t34, lowe, is6, and others prems,  forgot about them, just reach my wallet, and without sayng antyhing just buy a new ones ?? Wth? 

K.D

OreH75 #2 Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46089 battles
  • [3V] 3V
After a one year break you shouldn't play 53 battles in one day..it will drive you mad.

Ehern #3 Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19206 battles
  • [DTM] DTM
Löwe is good again. but everything else from back then...

Ceeb #4 Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:50 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 30073 battles

Ok, I had a giggle.

Primo Victoria isn't OP, its the same as a Cent 1. just with a stupid paint scheme.  As for the Defender/252, some say this is also OP.... mine isn't I get penned left right and Chelsea, id rather be in a PV or Cent 1 to be fair.

The 40t, is a good tank.  As for the Skorpion, its hardly OP, its the size of a house, and once spotted is raped

The T34 is garbage I agree. Plus jumping in after a year into Tier 8 with the current MM is a massive mistake

Homer_J #5 Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27045 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Blunicum has a year off, comes back a bit rusty, blames "OP" premiums like (lol) P. Victoria.

Derethim #6 Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:23 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16426 battles

View PostCeeb, on 18 December 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

Ok, I had a giggle.

Primo Victoria isn't OP, its the same as a Cent 1. just with a stupid paint scheme.  As for the Defender/252, some say this is also OP.... mine isn't I get penned left right and Chelsea, id rather be in a PV or Cent 1 to be fair.

The 40t, is a good tank.  As for the Skorpion, its hardly OP, its the size of a house, and once spotted is raped

The T34 is garbage I agree. Plus jumping in after a year into Tier 8 with the current MM is a massive mistake

Skorpions aren't raped once spotted, because only a fool would stand in an open bush with a Skorpion. They usually hide behind rocks and just pop-out and snap the crap out of you. Skorps are OP, because of their mobility and have enough armor to shrug-off most HE. And they RAPE lower tiers and can easily stand up to tier X. Also, it's Skorpion dammit! :D Not the tier VII American TD, Scorpion, that one is balanced.

Same with Defender - only a fool exposes his weak sides, I can pen those with a Chi-To. But it also has a good gun with a good pen, impenetrable turret... it's basically an IS-3 on steroids and IS-3 used to be OP and a wet dream of every newbie. You can't argue, that an IS-3 is better than a Defender.

I have a friend, who is yellow/green and is on top with 4K damage and more with Lorr. almost every game. The aim time is so fast it's ridiculous and you still deal 300 damage. Sure, they took some ammo out, but it's still basically a tier IX tank turned premium.

Agree on Primo tho. OP? In what universe?

Balc0ra #7 Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62779 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostPanzer_Gawron, on 18 December 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

Hey,

Hey

View PostPanzer_Gawron, on 18 December 2017 - 04:24 PM, said

So, I had one year breake, I was on emigration in Uk, and had lack of free time to spend.

Sounds nice

I install wot and I meet defender in my first battle, in my t34. I thought that i should check that tech tree soviet ht, and see what is on the end of that line, then I discoveretd.... that tank was prem!

We have all been there. Thus why WG decided not to sell the tank anymore. Then again, once you study it, you notice it's the IS-6 turret. Up close it still has the same

Later I discovered even more of those OP PREM TANKS like Prima victoria, Lorrane 40t, scorpion....

Prima Victoria OP? It's 100% the same as the Buffed Cent 1.  Defender was removed from sale. Lorr 40t is more or less a nerfed version of the tier 9 tank it once was. With the exact same gun that already is on tier 8 from before, with 2 less rounds. It can't even out dpm any tier 8 med, inc barely the T69. So how is that OP?. Only good thing about it is the pen. Scorpion is basically a Charioteer with less armor and a borsig gun with less dpm. Mobility is the only weapon it has over it. As once it's spotted. It gets HE spammed and dies instantly unless it moves. As it's way way taller then a Borsig, and thus easy to hit.

I compere them to my old prem tanks(IM old wot player, I have tons of them).... they all are just a craps now, when you compered them to some of those new prems... to be honest,  all tanks for gold in garage are junk now..

Here is the thing. Meta in the game changes on the normal tanks as new guns and armor is added. It would not be ideal if the new premiums followed the old premium meta, and was equally useless vs the VK 100.01. Or even the Type 4 & 5 they had to face at some point.

Some of the old premiums have been buffed the past year. Lowe is still highly capable after it's armor buffs. And arguably one of the best tier 8 prem HT's still. Gun is still laser accurate on snapping. And the rear side armor is 2x thicker. Bouncing even tier X guns if you angle it right. T26E4 don't have the useless AP pen anymore to name a few. And the Jagdtiger 88 has more lower plate armor then the tier 9 Jagdtiger. But the T34 and IS-6 is still not buffed yet. It's on the to do list along with the KV-5. Issue is, that WG sees pref MM as an issue. And don't know if they should buff the pen to 210 on the IS-6. Or buff it to 240 ish, and give it +2 mm along with a ROF buff. T34 is considered for a ROF buff last I heard. Tho they have not talked about it since tank fest.

Thing is that all the patches the last 6 months have been 100% balance focused, inc the old premium tanks. And they will be until March. So there is still time for the IS-6.

Edited by Balc0ra, 18 December 2017 - 05:34 PM.

VsUK #8 Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14288 battles
You'll notice WG have removed most natural weak spots on tanks. So a normal player with normal ammo thinks if he or she keeps aiming for it, they'll have a chance. Might as well be using rubber bullets!

SIPU #9 Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18510 battles
  • [FARM-] FARM-
Ok, so I had a 4-year break. Damn I was rusty. The first 10 days were frustrating on red WN8 barely cutting 0.5 k/d ratio, Then I got yellow, then green, now blue and soon I hope I can play back as I was on my old days. My IS6 that was a monster back then is a carbage now, T34 is somewhat ok. Löwe that I purchased now is it is finally playable and feels great (I did not buy it back then because it sucked). Also my FCM is kind of meh. I bought more premiums looking for a holy grail, but there is no such among premiums. I have not got my hands on defender yet (they say it is greatest), but the matchmaker is designed nowadays so that is pretty ok for T9 tanks, but as T8 premiums you normally play against 3 x T10, 4 x T9 and the rest are T8 (or sth similar). Back then being a top level as T8 was sth like 1/3 of the time, now it is 1/10 or similar. So does not matter what premium T8 I have, I do way better in T9 Patton or Conqueror.

Edited by SIPU, 18 December 2017 - 06:03 PM.

Spurtung #10 Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:36 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 60081 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
I don't know if it says more about him or about the brits, but him spending a year in the UK and coming back with that horrid English is worrying.

HugSeal #11 Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:45 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22717 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC

I wounder why you lie to dozens of your cusdomers. when you mention that you will never make prem tanks comperable to the standard tech line tanks!

K.D

Got a source for that?

clixor #12 Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:23 PM

Major

• Player
  • 49590 battles

View PostDerethim, on 18 December 2017 - 05:23 PM, said:

I have a friend, who is yellow/green and is on top with 4K damage and more with Lorr. almost every game. The aim time is so fast it's ridiculous and you still deal 300 damage. Sure, they took some ammo out, but it's still basically a tier IX tank turned premium.

Lorraine is my most played tank now, and also still good in tier10 mm, but gun handling is pisspoor. Don't know where you get the information that it is good. I even use Vertstab AND GLD on it (and have awesome crew). Also, many players (also decentish ones) are majorily failing in it. 

Strappster #13 Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:42 PM

General

• Player
  • 23565 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDerethim, on 18 December 2017 - 04:23 PM, said:

Same with Defender ... But it also has a good gun ...

Mine must be broken then - the gun handling's atrocious.

I've seriously considered trading my Defender in, it's only the sunk cost (which is a fallacy, I know, thanks psych students of the EU forum) and lack of options for a replacement which stops me. The only tank that appeals (slightly) is the STA-2 but I've ruled that out on the grounds that it doesn't look as nice as the STA-1. The hull's too tall and it loses the bustle over the engine which gives the STA-1 its distinct look.

If I could trade the Defender in for gold, it'd be gone already.

Derethim #14 Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:45 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16426 battles

View PostStrappster, on 18 December 2017 - 08:42 PM, said:

Mine must be broken then - the gun handling's atrocious.

I've seriously considered trading my Defender in, it's only the sunk cost (which is a fallacy, I know, thanks psych students of the EU forum) and lack of options for a replacement which stops me. The only tank that appeals (slightly) is the STA-2 but I've ruled that out on the grounds that it doesn't look as nice as the STA-1. The hull's too tall and it loses the bustle over the engine which gives the STA-1 its distinct look.

If I could trade the Defender in for gold, it'd be gone already.

We just have a different idea of a good gun :)

For me a good gun has a good pen and is not ridiculously innacurate with a long reload. Defender's gun isn't that innacurate. The tank was never meant for sniping, it's a close-range beast.

I also love that engine bump on the STA-1 :P

Makes it look  T H I C C

Strappster #15 Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:57 AM

General

• Player
  • 23565 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDerethim, on 19 December 2017 - 01:45 AM, said:

I also love that engine bump on the STA-1 :P

Makes it look  T H I C C

Haha, yes, totally! :)

I have no idea what that means. I feel old. :hiding: