Deathstar moved, full-yolo still best xp/hour?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Squirting_Elephant #1 Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:43 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9754 battles
  • [VIVU5] VIVU5

I was about to unlock the Tortoise only to see that the deathstar moved to another castle (I mean tree)... UPDATE: apparently the deathstar is not even in the game anymore...

Well nice, about 8 tiers (the most horrible treeline ever) grinded for absolutely nada... Apparently they moved it just this month so I did not only miss out on a free T10, but also have to grind an entire other tree for it now... A nice welcome back to the game present... It must be Xmas.

So I tried to figure out the fastest and most brainless way to grind it again:

I noticed that 2800 damage dealt vs 450 damage dealt is only about 200 basexp difference (about 25%) while having to spend 4 to 8 times more time in battle. Especially when timed xp boosts are active this matters. Hell I can still get a reliable 800-1200xp (win) per battle by full-yoloing it, costing me only about 30-40 seconds (+30 sec start timer). It's not suiciding so it's not breaking any rules (albeit at the edge). Why is this still not patched out? Anyway seems I'll be using it for that deathstar tree now. Not gonna grind it a second time.

But yeah it seriously hurts creditswise and you really need to buy some fort knoxes or spend some time in prem tanks during the event to compensate or you will bankrupt. But spending more time in battle should give more xp. I don't understand why not.

Update:

I didn't expect that many replies after I found out that the deathstar was removed. Anyway to sum it a bit up:

- Booster-yolo-farming multiple trees at the same time gives more xp/hour compared than farming one and it requires no skill and gives more xp/hour compared to skilled players trying to do really well each match. But it gives less xp/hour for a single treeline, tanks your credits, tanks  your WN8 and is not very good for your skills either. But for PURE xp/hour across multiple treelines it's the best by far.

- I don't like the Badger nor it's gun. Yeah it's probably an awesome gun but I PERSONALLY don't like it and I don't like the tank either. How can I tell without ever playing it? Well I can't but from a quick glance at stats and type of tank and gameplay on Youtube, I do not like it. I require high alpha, not high DPM because high DPM is rarely useful to my personal playstyle. And more importantly, it is not the deathstar that I wanted!

- I probably deserved some flame posts but the thing is, a lot of those posters post absolutely untrue stuff or are debunked later and quickly grab onto something else (which is also untrue) to fling:

Ooh so even playing the game for a couple of battles to get his fist win of the day is too much for him.. Wow
playing badly (which is what you are doing) and playing well (which TBH you probably can't do anyway).
etc.

No that is not too much. But you know what is too much? To have grinded tier 1 --> 9 (for the most boring tree) only to find out that the ONLY reason I grinded it for is now gone. No option to reallocate the xp of that tree nor anyathing, just 100% tough luck. Thanks...

And then to top it off I was told that the tank was literally removed from the game and I JUST missed it, maybe lost it forever. And I mistook that other tank for the deathstar so I thought I had to grind another 6 tiers (for 15 tiers total). So you can understand that I obviously looked for the fastest way to grind xp/hour. And the fastest way (for multiple trees) seems to be yolo-farming. After all those years still not rewarding proper teamplay and such and they still reward yolo farming and cheese tactics and **** over teammates by blocking their shots on a dying enemy in order to get the last shot in yourself and various other shenanigans (like yolo-farming). Yes I am disappointed.

So we DO get rewarded credits-wise for playing well, but not xp-wise. Why...... WHY... Who thought of that mechanic...

So yeah go flame, throw random untrue shouts into, call me a noob and various other names. But I feel ****** over by WoT and the X-mas sales on Steam start any moment now so I see no point in picking up WoT again after this huge slap in my face. The reward-mechanics in this game are still so far from perfect.

Edited by Squirting_Elephant, 19 December 2017 - 10:00 AM.

cragarion #2 Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:46 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 41791 battles

That's not the Deathstar,

the death star is the  FV215B-(183),

the Tank destroyer in the second tree is the FV4005, it's been there all the time.

The Deathstar is no longer available unless you had it in your garage when it was replaced with the Badger.

Edited by cragarion, 18 December 2017 - 04:48 PM.

4nt #3 Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21471 battles
Uhh, hate to break it to you but deathstar is gone. Badger replaced it. It might or might not become a prize tank but otherwise goodbye fv.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62806 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostSquirting_Elephant, on 18 December 2017 - 04:43 PM, said:

I was about to unlock the Tortoise only to see that the deathstar moved to another castle (I mean tree)... Well nice, about 8 tiers (the most horrible treeline ever) grinded for absolutely nada... Apparently they moved it just this month so I did not only miss out on a free T10, but also have to grind an entire other tree for it now... A nice welcome back to the game present... It must be Xmas

When did you play last? The 2nd UK TD line with the less armored turreted 183mm gun called the 4005 has been there for 3 years. It never moved. The tier X on the non turreted TD line, the FV215 B has been removed completely. It's now a special tank. Or a premium tank if you will that only gives crew training bonuses. It was replaced with the Badger. And they gave players a 4 month warning to get it in time. As most have done nothing but grind that line the past few weeks to get it. 

Squirting_Elephant #5 Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:00 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9754 battles
  • [VIVU5] VIVU5

View Postcragarion, on 18 December 2017 - 03:46 PM, said:

The Deathstar is no longer available unless you had it in your garage when it was replaced with the Badger.

View Post4nt, on 18 December 2017 - 03:47 PM, said:

Uhh, hate to break it to you but deathstar is gone. Badger replaced it. It might or might not become a prize tank but otherwise goodbye fv.

Oh wow.. So... wow.... that's like a 100x worse... The one tank I still really badly wanted is now perma gone (or maybe I have to pay 50 bucks for it in about a year) and I missed it by a few weeks... Time for another game...

Well I saw the Badger but... Not my kind of tank and that horrible gun...

Edited by Squirting_Elephant, 18 December 2017 - 05:01 PM.

Spurtung #6 Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:03 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 60111 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

Homer_J #7 Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27072 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSquirting_Elephant, on 18 December 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

But spending more time in battle should give more xp. I don't understand why not.

If you are a semi decent player then it does.

Balc0ra #8 Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62806 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostSquirting_Elephant, on 18 December 2017 - 05:00 PM, said:

Oh wow.. So... wow.... that's like a 100x worse... The one tank I still really badly wanted is now perma gone (or maybe I have to pay 50 bucks for it in about a year) and I missed it by a few weeks... Time for another game...

It won't come for sale ever. As it's a tier X reward tank, not a premium with income. Then again as I said, WG gave people a 4 month warning. They can't give that info to everyone that's not playing or checking up on news tbh. I even got an email about it when they announced it. Unless you expected them to call you personally.

And horrible gun? It eats up an E100 faster then the Death star can do, even if you high HESH rolled. Just like the tier 9 Tortoise can do. Only now you have armor that works. With more reliable pen even. 183 is the most situational gun in the game. Either you one shot kill your target, or you do 300 damage to it with a 23 second reload. That's nice when you are about to get flanked by it.

Martijn_mk2 #9 Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:17 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5840 battles

Nice! Please dont come back.

Before you leave, could you explain how you get 1200xp by yolo suiciding in the first 30sec?

Hotwired #10 Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 28741 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 18 December 2017 - 04:10 PM, said:

And horrible gun? It eats up an E100 faster then the Death star can do, even if you high HESH rolled. Just like the tier 9 Tortoise can do. Only now you have armor that works. With more reliable pen even.

Funny thing about the Badger, the Tortoise has a maximum (all buffs) of only 10dpm less (over 4500dpm for both) and has higher APCR pen and shell speed and better gun arc.

The step from T9 to T10 is only really an armour upgrade and of course you don't see tier 7 anymore.

Homer_J #11 Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27072 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMartijn_mk2, on 18 December 2017 - 04:17 PM, said:

Nice! Please dont come back.

Before you leave, could you explain how you get 1200xp by yolo suiciding in the first 30sec?

Clearly he means on a x3 when his team carry him.  And he didn't say every battle, just reliably once every 100 or so.

Martijn_mk2 #12 Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:35 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5840 battles
Ooh so even playing the game for a couple of battles to get his fist win of the day is too much for him..

Wow

Balc0ra #13 Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62806 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostHotwired, on 18 December 2017 - 05:23 PM, said:

Funny thing about the Badger, the Tortoise has a maximum (all buffs) of only 10dpm less (over 4500dpm for both) and has higher APCR pen and shell speed and better gun arc.

The step from T9 to T10 is only really an armour upgrade and of course you don't see tier 7 anymore.

Yeah true, but Badger has a higher caliber for overmatching, and more alpha pr shot. So in most cases, you get punished more for trading with the Badger.

Cannes76 #14 Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 62481 battles
  • [3V] 3V

:bajan:

You do realize that the badger is a much more potent a tank than the FV 183, right?

Edited by Cannes76, 18 December 2017 - 05:47 PM.

Squirting_Elephant #15 Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9754 battles
  • [VIVU5] VIVU5

View PostHomer_J, on 18 December 2017 - 04:04 PM, said:

If you are a semi decent player then it does.

It does but it does not outweigh the time spent.

View PostHomer_J, on 18 December 2017 - 04:28 PM, said:

Clearly he means on a x3 when his team carry him.  And he didn't say every battle, just reliably once every 100 or so.

Nah it is reliable. Event bonus plus 200% booster bonus.

TLDR version tips:

- Activate a 200% personal xp booster (optionally platoon for platoon xp, if it's still there, not sure).

- Take non-meta route if possible, they won't expect it. Yes you will die very fast once they see you because those routes are usually not taken for a reason. But you will likely catch at least 1 poor tank sideways or even from behind. Like in Paris I take the route in the middle and almost always catch 2-3 tanks in the side. I get off 1 shot and then I die horribly fast. But I got off 1 shot and if arty hit them too, I am golden.

- Prefer fast tanks, prefer autoloader guns and sometimes DERP guns and for heavy tanks prefer high alpha over DPM because you likely won't be able to reload.

- Know when to load a gold round at the start of the match.

- Don't bother surviving, you JUST need 1 or 2 damage hits (depending on your alpha damage) OR assisted damage.

- Also works with premiums for farming free-xp really fast. Take a fast premium tank with good alpha like Scorp G, RUSH AS FAST AS YOU CAN to some spot where you know people like to fight (meta...) and then wait around the corner (1 corner further ahead of where your team would normally start to camp) for the first tank to stick it's nose around it and boom. After that reload and then go full-yolo into them. Works really all the time. But does not work in every map. That's about 1200xp (if your team wins, so about 50% of the time) for 40ish seconds of playtime. Try to beat that playing games that last 5 to 10 minutes. Sure you may get 2500xp but the time spent is too much!

- If you drive a fast tank, you will often also encounter slow tanks like the AT15 or the Jap heavies in the side whom are still trying to get into position. And if not, you will lit them up for arty who loves that. And you love that for assisted damage.

Don't forget that most players only get off like 2-3 pen shots, and they play serious, non-yolo. So I guess that the xp system is build around that. And if you full-yolo, you will do just fine because the average is really low.

Ohyeah and the ISU152 with a gold round going full yolo (very expensive!). Just take the heavy-tank route and fire a shell into the first fat tank you see and die. You will actually perform better than most of your teammates doing this. It's retarded but okay. They won't try to sidescrape and etc. if you are there fast enough (if you can't be there fast enough, take a yolo route instead) because they will all be too busy trying to kill you (greed) so you will very very likely do 750 damage before dying. And we make good use of that.

And yes I spent some time researching this :P

Edited by Squirting_Elephant, 18 December 2017 - 06:08 PM.

VsUK #16 Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14288 battles
I have it & the badger. I honestly have no idea why they even bothered to put 355mm frontal armour on it, because it's absolutely useless against anyone with gold. I've had TVP's rip me apart from god knows where on the 30v30 map & I had both sides protected & a rock up my [edited], so there's no way it came from anywhere other than the front. 

Have they improved the accuracy of the 183b? I have no crew on it as I don't use it. But seeing a lot of quick shooting from them with accuracy!

grga100 #17 Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25603 battles
  • [P-T-J] P-T-J

View PostBalc0ra, on 18 December 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

Yeah true, but Badger has a higher caliber for overmatching, and more alpha pr shot. So in most cases, you get punished more for trading with the Badger.

tortuise make better results than badger, making xp or bouncing. 

Vajsravana #18 Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32827 battles

The only "advantage" of full-YOLO is that you can grind many lines at once, playing another vehicle from another line while the first is locked in battle.

But it's actually the slowest way to grind a single line.

Hotwired #19 Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 28741 battles

View PostVsUK, on 18 December 2017 - 05:06 PM, said:

I have it & the badger. I honestly have no idea why they even bothered to put 355mm frontal armour on it, because it's absolutely useless against anyone with gold. I've had TVP's rip me apart from god knows where on the 30v30 map & I had both sides protected & a rock up my [edited], so there's no way it came from anywhere other than the front. 

Have they improved the accuracy of the 183b? I have no crew on it as I don't use it. But seeing a lot of quick shooting from them with accuracy!

Why don't you know where the shots came from?

Even with the standard battle notifications (in settings) it gives you a damage arc the shots came from and with the advanced battle notifications it pinpoints the direction of fire.

And as for the front, the armour gets weaker from the top to bottom of the badger front with the lower plate being about 260mm, upper plate being 330mm, middle front being 360mm and topmost plates being 386mm.

So in a nutshell, yes, a tank with over 300mm pen can wreck your face from the front.

Squirting_Elephant #20 Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:21 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9754 battles
  • [VIVU5] VIVU5

View PostVajsravana, on 18 December 2017 - 05:15 PM, said:

The only "advantage" of full-YOLO is that you can grind many lines at once, playing another vehicle from another line while the first is locked in battle.

But it's actually the slowest way to grind a single line.

Yes that is very true.

The Badger... Meh... Turretless armored TD's are in a bad spot, especially if they are slow arty magnets with 0 camo. Unless they have something else like insane alpha or insane pen or highly mobile or insane camo or etc. But the Badger indeed looks like it has none of those. My JagdTiger has better matchmaking and more pen and more alpha than the Badger. Even heavy tanks have more pen than the Badger. Sure the Badger is better but the JT is very unlikely to ever be put in a T9 only match and thus almost always has some tier 8's to shoot and is never in a tier-10-only match. It's good to be a T9 tank I think.
Sure with enough skills you can super-unicum every tank but for the average player, or at least for for me: The Badger can go ******* itself. About a year ago I grinded many weeks for the deathstar, not for some  Badger...

Also yolo-farming is better if you have another game on the primary monitor (just put WoT on the 2nd monitor) and while you are loading or swtiching between games or waiting for that pointless 30 sec timer, you just play/watch something else. Because yolo-farming is very boring.

Edited by Squirting_Elephant, 18 December 2017 - 06:25 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users