• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Arrrbol #1 Posted 18 December 2017 - 11:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32456 battles
  • [XCEL2] XCEL2

Why the hell is this tank still so bad? 

It has useless armour, poor camo values and no mobility. Your camo is so bad you have to stay at the back of the map to have a chance at surviving, yet if you do you will inevitably need to relocate - which takes half the [edited]battle because its so slow. If you try to be aggressive to negate the poor speed you will be killed immediately because of the crapcamo and craparmour. The gun depression is good, but you can't use it because your [edited]hull is so tall and flat. True, you can improve the camo with skills - but who is going to keep the POS long enough to train that?

I could put up with all these things for the good gun, but since the accuracy RNG changes firing at long range is a complete waste of time - made even worse by the fact that you have to move your hull to track any moving target because the gun traverse angles are so bad. I have completely missed tanks on numerous occasions even though almost their entire hull was in my sights. 0.34 accuracy used to be good, but its not good enough any more. Again, the accuracy would be tolerable if the rate of fire was higher, but again that is dogshit. 

Why has this tank not been reworked? Either buff the terrain resistance, buff the armour or make it so the gun can actually hit something. 

mortalsatsuma #2 Posted 18 December 2017 - 11:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12832 battles
You clearly just don't know how to play it. I mean, it's not known as the 'Churchill Game-Carrier' for no reason. :trollface: 

qpranger #3 Posted 18 December 2017 - 11:43 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 31043 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
git gud scrub

Xandania #4 Posted 18 December 2017 - 11:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35051 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

Once upon a time it was rumored that it should get a buff to the superstructure - and nothing happened.

Other than that - it has a decent gun depression and a wonderful gun (if you endured the torture of getting the top gun). The precision is not stellar but acceptable and the pen works against all but the toughest tier 8 tanks.

It is very team dependent, which is the main problem with it, although if you can get into positions with acceptable sloping (and no arty firing at you) just poking out for a shot does usually work fine enough.

On several maps (like Ensk or Westfield) you are dead meat from the start due to not getting into cover quick enough if your team does not protect you (usually they don't). The other severe drawback is teammembers blocking los on targets even more often than rocks and things.  But hey, it is the tier 6 long range gunner of the apocalypse :)

ir1cx #5 Posted 19 December 2017 - 12:17 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2166 battles
It's been said over the years that it would be far better suited to tier 5.  If I had my way, I would have replaced AT2 with it.

Derethim #6 Posted 19 December 2017 - 12:40 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16782 battles

View PostXandania, on 18 December 2017 - 11:48 PM, said:

I raep in the GC on city maps, you just wait for a teammate to distract the enemy and then you pop-up and deal 300 dmg :D

It's a fun tank, because it's so rewarding. This may be one of the most underpowered tanks in the game. Chi-Ri is godlike compared to this.

It really needs a superstructure buff. 140 in the front, since it's flat af and 80 on the sides.

Edited by Derethim, 19 December 2017 - 12:41 AM.

Also tagged with Churchill GC, Churchill, GC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users