things that maby should be implomented? (ideas)

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

mollethepro #1 Posted 19 December 2017 - 08:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8051 battles

just before, im 13 and im VERY immature. sorry for wasting ur time if ur stubborn.

tank deformation?, maby a tank would get some marks or a dent after getting rammed.

not invisible tanks? you would see a tank and then press a button to spot it, or just another rework. the current system is a bit wierd and not so begginer friendly.

remove arty.

instead of premium tanks, maby camoflauges? like giant storage containers wich contain camoflauges of diffrent patterns wich the community makes and votes to come into the game. or just stickers you could put anywhere on the tank. MOST WILL HATE THIS BUT ITS BETTER THAN OVERPOWERED PREMIUMS.

bigger maps? not 30 v 30 just normal random battle would have bigger maps instead of the ones we have. this would open up more flanks and increse the diversity of the battles.

and one for HD maps, maby the tanks can get REALY dirty if you go through maby mud or you drive through some wet sand and it would stick to the tracks and hull.

collision for the guns? the turret would spin around and maby get damaged if you go too fast, the gun could stop a tank from ramming you but get damaged or destroyed? on a tank with limited turret rotation it would maby throw the tank if u went fast into a wall whit the gun. (AMX ELC as an ex.) (deforming guns?)

SECONDAIRY GUNS! when for example the O-I looks straight ahead the front small turrets would also point there but when you turned around too much the backturret would start following your mouse instead.

smoke grenades? the small "guns" for smoke bombs on the side of the turret of ex. an Emil 2 would actualy launch smoke bombs that obscured vision and "unspotted" your tank. (as an escape option or in an emergency. or even if maby you want to force the enemy to push to get you.

paint on lower tiered tanks? and maby you could spray whit your mouse instead of just painting the whole hull in one click. (but this would mess up the camo "rule". instead just make it so if ex 20% is camoflauge patterns then it counts as it has a camo?)

bullet drop? this would make sniping harder and increase the skill cieling? you would have to aim above your target and watch the shell fall.

deforming ground? make use of plows on some tanks and maby dig urself a small spot? (bad idea)

visible camoflauge nets? just that bit of extra detail.

a unique tank model in the bottom left corner for every tank. so you know where the engine and other stuff is.

if i see one of these in the future ill be very happy.

a boy can dream :)

if u have any thougts or arguments please tell me, i want to know if they where good ideas.

and also, i usualy dont read the forums so these are ideas i jus came up with when writing. dont know what ideas have been said before.

Edited by mollethepro, 19 December 2017 - 09:09 PM.

bitslice #2 Posted 19 December 2017 - 08:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21680 battles

I'd love bigger maps, it would make scouting more interesting,

in some games you pick a bush and stay there as moving gets you spotted, being able to move from cover to cover would be great.

there is already bullet drop? try a derp gun

smoke was mooted as an option for arty

Edited by bitslice, 19 December 2017 - 08:48 PM.

mollethepro #3 Posted 19 December 2017 - 08:37 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8051 battles

View Postbitslice, on 19 December 2017 - 08:32 PM, said:

I'd love bigger maps, it would make scouting more interesting,

in some games you pick a bush and stay there as moving gets you spotted, being able to move from cover to cover would be great.

there is already bullet drop? try a derp gun

smoke was muted as an option for arty

when i said bullet drop i meant that you have to aim above you target and watch the shot fall, not aim directly at  tank and the game aims automaticaly

Edited by mollethepro, 19 December 2017 - 08:44 PM.

ColtComrade #4 Posted 19 December 2017 - 08:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10976 battles

View Postmollethepro, on 19 December 2017 - 07:25 PM, said:

maby the tanks can get REALY dirty if you go through maby mud or you drive through some wet sand and it would stick to the tracks and hull.

Most of these ideas have been posted 1000 times before but i like this idea, it could be a visual indicator of the ground resistances, since its mostly boggy areas where its the worst.

Unangwata #5 Posted 19 December 2017 - 09:07 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7486 battles
I'm real fan of one thing: smoke grenades. Thats big tactical and historical thing. Still suprised it's not implemented.

DaniulSims #6 Posted 19 December 2017 - 09:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8901 battles
  • [WRECK] WRECK

View PostUnangwata, on 19 December 2017 - 09:07 PM, said:

I'm real fan of one thing: smoke grenades. Thats big tactical and historical thing. Still suprised it's not implemented.

Let's not

I don't want TD meta again, this time with huge lags because smoke

To the OP, mud, tanks getting dirty is getting implemented with HD maps, gun collision is just...not a clever idea considering the average Steve the IS-7 driver in WoT, secondary guns have been thoroughly discussed and their future is uncertain (the halloween event was likely some thing to test them and see if they are worth it. Turns out that unless they're all facing one direction, they aren't).

Camouflage net on tanks is a net yet silly idea considering how the camo net works in the game, and bullet drop, again, check gun collision comment.

As for deforming ground, what you gave as an example is really not possible on a battlefield in the time needed to keep the game engaging, and terrain deformation is (IIRC) something to be implemented with HD maps 

samuelx43a #7 Posted 19 December 2017 - 09:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20319 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

gun collision sounds fun, until you remember some of the guns that exist in this game.

I'd like to see you go around a city with the panther II's L/100 gun, or any other long gun that they have in that case

Unangwata #8 Posted 19 December 2017 - 09:28 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7486 battles

View PostDaniulSims, on 19 December 2017 - 09:15 PM, said:

Let's not

I don't want TD meta again, this time with huge lags because smoke

Dont dismiss smoke that fast. It could be great tactical addition to the game even if only spg could place it.

piet11111 #9 Posted 19 December 2017 - 09:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15701 battles
  • [L10NS] L10NS

View PostUnangwata, on 19 December 2017 - 09:07 PM, said:

That other tank game does it rather well in my opinion.

But could world of tanks engine handle that ? engine limitations seems to me the only plausible reason not to have implemented it by now.

Codename_Jelly #10 Posted 19 December 2017 - 09:57 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 16404 battles

View PostUnangwata, on 19 December 2017 - 08:28 PM, said:

Dont dismiss smoke that fast. It could be great tactical addition to the game even if only spg could place it.

and as long as the smoke is visible to anybody in render range.

YuSless #11 Posted 20 December 2017 - 07:52 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26560 battles

Smoke grenades? Hell, I want flamehrowers!

Excavatus #12 Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:28 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18865 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

you said you dont read forums too much,

but you start with a wall of text, with the ideas %99 of them discussed here to the death and beyond.

So, next time, when you feel you have an idea, research about it first..

you can find all your ideas in seperate or combined topics and can share your opinions under them..

and for future reference,

I understand English is not your native language and the typos you made are not actually typos. You probably mis-spell many words,

I recommend using a word processes with a spelling check feature. Before posting.

That will help you to learn english more and to make your posts better..

Just an advice.

Edited by Excavatus, 20 December 2017 - 10:38 AM.

Obsessive_Compulsive #13 Posted 20 December 2017 - 12:11 PM

General

• Player
  • 23547 battles

View PostExcavatus, on 20 December 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

you said you dont read forums too much,

but you start with a wall of text, with the ideas %99 of them discussed here to the death and beyond.

So, next time, when you feel you have an idea, research about it first..

you can find all your ideas in seperate or combined topics and can share your opinions under them..

and for future reference,

I understand English is not your native language and the typos you made are not actually typos. You probably mis-spell many words,

I recommend using a word processes with a spelling check feature. Before posting.

That will help you to learn english more and to make your posts better..

Just an advice.

I think you should use a grammar and spelling check feature.

mollethepro #14 Posted 20 December 2017 - 12:33 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8051 battles

i spelled a few words wrong and made some grammar mistakes.

end of the world.

im lazy when writing, sorry for not being like you xD

Unangwata #15 Posted 20 December 2017 - 01:39 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7486 battles
best way to deal with spelling/gramma problem is to travel. After you visited few different language countries and spent some time there you stop caring about language problems and gramma at all.

Excavatus #16 Posted 20 December 2017 - 03:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18865 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostObsessive_Compulsive, on 20 December 2017 - 02:11 PM, said:

I think you should use a grammar and spelling check feature.

please correct my mistakes.. .

I am asking this genuinely.. not being sarcastic..

after seing your reply, I checked and saw 1 or 2 typos only..

RamRaid90 #17 Posted 20 December 2017 - 03:09 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 19683 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostUnangwata, on 19 December 2017 - 08:28 PM, said:

Yes, great tactics firing smoke granades towards those with poorer computers and bad internet connection...make them lag even more... :trollface:

RamRaid90 #18 Posted 20 December 2017 - 03:12 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 19683 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postpiet11111, on 19 December 2017 - 08:55 PM, said:

That other tank game does it rather well in my opinion.

But could world of tanks engine handle that ? engine limitations seems to me the only plausible reason not to have implemented it by now.

Actually the reason behind it is 90% likely to be the same reason it is taking so long to upgrade graphics. Simply the target demographic, do not have the funds available to run such a rig.

There is a huge flaw in the plan of those who want smoke in the game. It takes an AWFUL lot of CPU and GPU power to render and maintain.

undutchable80 #19 Posted 20 December 2017 - 03:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6326 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Bigger maps? Oh joy, I will definatly camp defend base in my TOG II then. If I am sometimes late to the party now, then I will definately show up a month too late in bigger maps. :P

J/K Some interesting ideas here. I would suggest placing them in the suggestions thread: http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/641894-wot-suggestions-thread/page__st__460#topmost

piet11111 #20 Posted 20 December 2017 - 06:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15701 battles
  • [L10NS] L10NS

View PostRamRaid90, on 20 December 2017 - 03:12 PM, said:

Actually the reason behind it is 90% likely to be the same reason it is taking so long to upgrade graphics. Simply the target demographic, do not have the funds available to run such a rig.

There is a huge flaw in the plan of those who want smoke in the game. It takes an AWFUL lot of CPU and GPU power to render and maintain.

Block Quote

Minimum System Requirements:

Operating System: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8/10.
Processor (CPU): A processor with at least two physical cores supporting SSE2
Memory (RAM): 1.5 GB for Windows XP, 2 GB for Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10.
Video Card: GeForce 6800 / ATI HD X2400 XT with 256 MB RAM, DirectX 9.0c.
Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible.
Hard Drive Space: 16 GB.
Internet Connection Speed: 256 Kbps.

Honestly they ought to push minimum requirements past the year 2005 by now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users