PSA: Spotting doesn' mean parking in the first bush.

LT

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

komunistu33 #1 Posted 20 December 2017 - 09:58 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8093 battles
If you don't know how to scout please don't play LTs and just park in the first bush you see. No, spotting doesn't mean going to hill on Redshire, you are USELESS. No, spotting doesn't mean parking yourself on the little hill on Malinovka. No, spotting doesn't mean going hill on Prok. Please, either l2p or don't play LTs, you are just terrible. 

Strange_Neighbour #2 Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:03 PM

Major

• Player
  • 2617 battles
but i spot boosh? :(

TigerMoth #3 Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39504 battles
Which hill on Redshire? And which side? As for the little hill on Malinovka, you want to start there before pushing forward. Unless you want your light tanks to die in 2 minutes?

MarcoStrapone #4 Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34048 battles
  • [-GODS] -GODS
thanks for the advice general patton. :bush:

SuedKAT #5 Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:07 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Well I understand if most LT drivers are a bit hesitant to spot stuff these days, at least early on since this generally confuse the rest of the team, should the stop and shoot at the things spotted or get into the position they had in mind, while they work that out you often lose the game.

250swb #6 Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:30 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21699 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I suspect the OP had some players banging their heads on the desk while he was learning to scout, no? It's a self defeating idea wanting to make players quit scouting, who's going to feed your TD's when they all quit?

komunistu33 #7 Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:34 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8093 battles

View PostTigerMoth, on 20 December 2017 - 10:04 PM, said:

Which hill on Redshire? And which side? As for the little hill on Malinovka, you want to start there before pushing forward. Unless you want your light tanks to die in 2 minutes?

Both sides have great positions to spot the enemy climbing up the hill, *Edited

View PostMarcoStrapone, on 20 December 2017 - 10:04 PM, said:

thanks for the advice general patton. :bush:

Anytime. 

View Post250swb, on 20 December 2017 - 10:30 PM, said:

I suspect the OP had some players banging their heads on the desk while he was learning to scout, no? It's a self defeating idea wanting to make players quit scouting, who's going to feed your TD's when they all quit?

*Edited

Edited by Nohe21, 21 December 2017 - 10:37 AM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to racial insults.

brumbarr #8 Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:51 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

You can spot in any tank, and it doesnt require sittign in a bush, here are 2 games I just finished.

2 games in a panter 2 as bottomtier where I get 4K+ spotting.

http://wotreplays.eu...barr-panther_ii

komunistu33 #9 Posted 20 December 2017 - 11:02 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8093 battles

View Postbrumbarr, on 20 December 2017 - 10:51 PM, said:

You can spot in any tank, and it doesnt require sittign in a bush, here are 2 games I just finished.

2 games in a panter 2 as bottomtier where I get 4K+ spotting.

So you started the 3 mark grind, eh? Nice open maps, I envy you. 

brumbarr #10 Posted 20 December 2017 - 11:03 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

View Postkomunistu33, on 20 December 2017 - 11:02 PM, said:

So you started the 3 mark grind, eh? Nice open maps, I envy you. 

Artic region open map? :p

TORKARDGIANT #11 Posted 20 December 2017 - 11:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14338 battles
i play scouts pretty much all the time at the moment and on some maps if you kemp bush and your team is paying attention to the mini map at all it can be pretty magical :-) , but seriously all these players that keep ragging on scouts should play them for a few days, amazing the amount of times scouts do great jobs but the team don't shoot pay no attention and let the scouts get battered is amazing. it's one of the main problems with an everyone for themself "team" game

lnfernaI #12 Posted 20 December 2017 - 11:17 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 28098 battles
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE
I always rush Campinovka north spawn the bushes in the middle of the open field in my M5A1. Almost nobody sees me,i proceed to walk out with min 1000 spot easily.

komunistu33 #13 Posted 20 December 2017 - 11:17 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8093 battles

View Postbrumbarr, on 20 December 2017 - 11:03 PM, said:

Artic region open map? :p

South spawn EZ no risk spotting(that's how I got my 3rd mark in the Panther I), north spawn kinda risky in a Panther. Guessing you were south?

*Edited

Edited by Nohe21, 21 December 2017 - 11:01 AM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to racial insults and non constructive.

TeddyMosby #14 Posted 21 December 2017 - 01:26 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9294 battles
  • [SETI] SETI
Wasn't you the same guy crying that your always losing games and that mm isn't fair?

Idk if your any good but do you even play light tanks? Or are you just another heavy/TD player crying you can't see things because people aren't going full Yolo so you can get 1 shot off?

Light tanks are good imo but it's becoming more and more useless to just spot in them, quick spot at begining and maybe mid battle is all you'll get from me untill the end when cleaning up across the map.is required that's what a light tank is good at I think not spotting your skorp g 1 x 480 shot and losing 1k hp in return

OreH75 #15 Posted 21 December 2017 - 01:29 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46878 battles
  • [RANGR] RANGR

View Postkomunistu33, on 21 December 2017 - 12:59 AM, said:

*Edited

Already used up the three boxes of tissue I supplied in yur previous crybaby topic?  Here is a new box again, now with a picture to cheer you up!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor kleenex

bitslice #16 Posted 21 December 2017 - 01:45 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22271 battles

View Postkomunistu33, on 20 December 2017 - 08:58 PM, said:

If you don't know how to scout please don't play LTs and just park in the first bush you see. No, spotting doesn't mean going to hill on Redshire, you are USELESS. No, spotting doesn't mean parking yourself on the little hill on Malinovka. No, spotting doesn't mean going hill on Prok. Please, either l2p or don't play LTs, you are just terrible. 

I presume you mean the hill on the flank,

actually a quick spot there lets the team know what's coming, they can then react by totally ignoring it.

"little hill on Malinovka"

better than nothing, but the 3 bushes in front are ideal, and an easy 2K in some games.

"hill on prokhorovka"

The bush around F8 is great for spotting TDs sitting on J7 or crossing to the hill.

Almost nobody but me and one other guy use that same position to spot the north side of that hill.

Sitting on the right flank is almost always pointless, because the TD's at the back are either out of radio range or have no shot on what you can spot,

circle spotting the ridge, again pointless for the same reasons except if you have arty.

the magic bush on the ridge is good sometimes, except last time the dumb-as-fuc heavies sat behind me and used me as spaced armour.

People need to keep an eye on potential threats to their spotter, when some heavy starts lumbering towards his bush or the enemy scout gets too close, drop what you are doing and blast the snot out of them, a team without vision is in a bad position.

Often a forward scout can't withdraw without dying.

Equally a scout can't move forward until you've taken out what's in front of him, so keep firing blind shots until you do.

Edited by bitslice, 21 December 2017 - 01:47 AM.

komunistu33 #17 Posted 21 December 2017 - 01:56 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8093 battles

View PostTeddyMosby, on 21 December 2017 - 01:26 AM, said:

Wasn't you the same guy crying that your always losing games and that mm isn't fair?

Idk if your any good but do you even play light tanks? Or are you just another heavy/TD player crying you can't see things because people aren't going full Yolo so you can get 1 shot off?

Light tanks are good imo but it's becoming more and more useless to just spot in them, quick spot at begining and maybe mid battle is all you'll get from me untill the end when cleaning up across the map.is required that's what a light tank is good at I think not spotting your skorp g 1 x 480 shot and losing 1k hp in return

All my light tanks are 3 marked because I know how to scout. I don't parlk in the first bush, I INFORM my team where i'm going to spot and tell them where to position at the start of the game so they can shoot, *EditedI still try and light up everybody.. SO to answer your question, yes, I know how to scout, I do scout. If only my teams had scouts as good as me when I'm playing other classes... one can only hope not yo get 40%rers...

View Postbitslice, on 21 December 2017 - 01:45 AM, said:

I presume you mean the hill on the flank,

actually a quick spot there lets the team know what's coming, they can then react by totally ignoring it.

You go mid from both flanks. If you spawn south you go under the bridge and into a bush so you can spot the enemies advancing onto the hill or pushing 9-0 line. If you spawn north then you go mid and spot from the rectangulr bushes.

"little hill on Malinovka"

better than nothing, but the 3 bushes in front are ideal, and an easy 2K in some games.

Or, if you're not a terrible scout, you go middle and light them up. Had 11k spotting games from there, all you need to do is rush that spot. 

"hill on prokhorovka"

The bush around F8 is great for spotting TDs sitting on J7 or crossing to the hill.

E8/F8, yes, good for passive scouting, there are also little bushes before that where you can spot enemy LTs pushing or E8/F8 spots. 

Almost nobody but me and one other guy use that same position to spot the north side of that hill.

Sitting on the right flank is almost always pointless, because the TD's at the back are either out of radio range or have no shot on what you can spot,

circle spotting the ridge, again pointless for the same reasons except if you have arty.

the magic bush on the ridge is good sometimes, except last time the dumb-as-fuc heavies sat behind me and used me as spaced armour.

What map?

People need to keep an eye on potential threats to their spotter, when some heavy starts lumbering towards his bush or the enemy scout gets too close, drop what you are doing and blast the snot out of them, a team without vision is in a bad position.

Often a forward scout can't withdraw without dying.

Often the team is too *Edited to understand that you are their eyes and are too dumb to prioritize targets, that's why 40%ers should be banned from ever being top tier. 

Edited by Nohe21, 21 December 2017 - 11:03 AM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to non constructive, disrespectful and inappropriate remarks.

bitslice #18 Posted 21 December 2017 - 03:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22271 battles

View Postkomunistu33, on 21 December 2017 - 12:56 AM, said:

You go mid from both flanks. If you spawn south you go under the bridge and into a bush so you can spot the enemies advancing onto the hill or pushing 9-0 line. If you spawn north then you go mid and spot from the rectangular bushes.

I've not tried going that far right from the south, I'll give that a go, thanks

Malinovka,

I'd go middle if they spawn in base, I've been getting a lot of useless hill spawns lately

I think my best game ever was slowly pushing along the swamp into their base as the nearest tanks were taken out. Both teams were camping base so it was ideal.

That line of trees in the middle of the field - apparently that's workable now? I'd assumed it was too far forward and haven't gone there since tier 1

"what map"

prokhorovka

nobody seems to push that flank any more, TD's just sit at the back and wait to get over run.

I'll be sitting in the forward bush on the sloped hill, spotting everything that's not on the redline, but as soon as the enemy drop out of sight everyone stops firing? They enemy don't even have to move from their bush.

I've got nowhere else to move forward too, so nothing else will get spotted until the enemy decide to reposition.

TankkiPoju #19 Posted 21 December 2017 - 08:14 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20014 battles

View Postkomunistu33, on 20 December 2017 - 09:58 PM, said:

From Redshire south spawn, the river bed area is a very good place for a light tank. You can spot both the ridge and the tanks crossing. And you can shoot from there because double bushes. And you have the river banks as cover. But I seem to be the ONLY light tank player that goes there, most people just camp bushes far away.

From Redshire north spawn, many light tank players just camp the ridge like *Edited, sitting next to TDs. Useless.

But the main thing most light tank players lack is chill. They either camp entire game or yolo. They don't understand the tank is faaast for a reason. They don't understand an autoloader is supposed to clip isolated tanks and not snipe from 500 meters. They play their light tank like a medium tank.

Edited by Nohe21, 21 December 2017 - 11:06 AM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

250swb #20 Posted 21 December 2017 - 08:19 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21699 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postkomunistu33, on 21 December 2017 - 12:56 AM, said:

All my light tanks are 3 marked because I know how to scout. I don't parlk in the first bush, 

All? You mean 'both' don't you because you only have two in mid tiers that fit the criteria for marking. And if a player endlessly plays two tanks eventually they will get three marks whether the player has skill or not. 

Also tagged with LT

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users