Jump to content


1 bond for Gambit tank.


  • Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Poll: 1 BOND FOR CW REWARD TANK. (158 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

What must be the correct price for CW campaign reward tank?

  1. WG price = 4000 bonds. (48 votes [30.38%])

    Percentage of vote: 30.38%

  2. Symbolic price = 1 bond. (71 votes [44.94%])

    Percentage of vote: 44.94%

  3. armandio alternative price = no bonds (like last campaigne), but if You want 1 more CW reward vehicle, 2nd one, You must pay 4999 bonds for that. (39 votes [24.68%])

    Percentage of vote: 24.68%

Vote Hide poll

armandio #1 Posted 20 December 2017 - 11:19 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 79492 battles
  • 2,045
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011

4000 bonds price for Gambit tank is TOTAL WG failure.

There must be symbolic price, 1 bond = Gambit CW reward tank.

WG, why u did that stupid price?

I play Ranked battles 1 month to earn bonds to buy Improved equipment, and my plan was not collect bonds in my storage for upcoming Gambit campaign.

Last CW campaign I play 1 month to get CW reward tank.

This campaign I must play 1 month to get CW reward tank, I must play Ranked battles before campaign and collect bonds and not spend them for Improved equipment but keep in storage for next CW campaign.So You, WG FORCE ME TO KEEP MY HARD EARNED BONDS IN STORAGE, YOU FREEZE THEM IN MY STORAGE, YOU DONT LET ME SPEND THEM ON IMPROVED EQUIPMENT BECAUSE I CANT PREDICT YOUR FUTURE PLANS REGARD BONDS, CAMPAIGNS, OR OTHER WOT ACTIVITIES.

If I play Random 1 month very often, I can get 2000 bonds for month. 

So, to get 1 CW reward tank I must play CW campaign 1 month and I must play Random with 10 tier 2 month or Ranked 1 month(and not spend the bonds).Sounds like You rise the price for CW campaign tank at least double times, if not triple and also You FREEZE BONDS IN WOT PLAYERS STORAGES.

 

Now I afraid to spend my bonds for Improved equipment because I cant predict WG future plans.:angry:

And what if WG will decide to make, for example 8 Tier premium tanks marathon?!?

8 tier premium tank marathon where You must complete 10 missions and after that You can unlock possibilty to get tank for 5000 bonds, if You dont have 5000 bonds You cant get tank...

Bonds were made for Improved equipment and not for the price to get CW reward tank.

TOTAL FAILURE OF WG.

 

P.S. I made my alternative price in poll cause not every player have full set of CW reward tanks in garage.


Edited by armandio, 21 December 2017 - 02:58 AM.


armandio #2 Posted 20 December 2017 - 11:44 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 79492 battles
  • 2,045
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011
WG staff vote for WG price. :angry:

__H3H3__ #3 Posted 21 December 2017 - 08:57 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 30353 battles
  • 577
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
  • Member since:
    12-09-2013
Hey again a -B-C- member.

ogremage #4 Posted 21 December 2017 - 10:42 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 32848 battles
  • 1,402
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
  • Member since:
    06-26-2011

If you invested all this energy you (and others like you) have spent whining into grinding bonds, you'd be in a better shape to have enough.

 

Changing the rules of events mid-flight is not right and unfair to those who made decisions based on the original rules. 

 

This already happened during ranked battles Season 2 and although it worked in my favour, it didn't feel right.

 

Since the rules were announced upfront it's up to you to participate or not.


Edited by ogremage, 21 December 2017 - 11:00 AM.


Carantanien #5 Posted 21 December 2017 - 11:06 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 16815 battles
  • 1,519
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    01-06-2011

WG hates if players are selling in-game goods (reward tanks, gold from global map) for real moneyz.

So they will do anything to minimize this (i.e. bonds for reward tanks, lower gold income on GM in previous seasons)

 



Hazi #6 Posted 21 December 2017 - 11:12 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 25854 battles
  • 50
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    10-11-2011

View Postarmandio, on 21 December 2017 - 12:19 AM, said:

P.S. I made my alternative price in poll cause not every player have full set of CW reward tanks in garage.

 

And why every player supposed to have a full set of cw reward tanks in garage? 

 

FFS.


Edited by Hazi, 21 December 2017 - 11:13 AM.


WrogenTheFrog #7 Posted 21 December 2017 - 12:13 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 25489 battles
  • 64
  • [GX] GX
  • Member since:
    04-11-2014
I think they just need to give you tank for free, and you don't even need to play campaign. Being good at this game is not important :child:

Tigerkommandant_Steiner #8 Posted 21 December 2017 - 12:40 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 18827 battles
  • 7
  • [YARLY] YARLY
  • Member since:
    07-28-2011
The problem is not WG. Being outside the top 200 as a clan and your highest ranked player at spot 10.000 in the list is the problem. Thanks for trying and better luck next time. Dont involve scarlet in any arranging and planning and you might actually stand a chance.

Unkel_Dolan #9 Posted 21 December 2017 - 12:56 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 25474 battles
  • 2,693
  • [NOPAN] NOPAN
  • Member since:
    12-14-2010

View PostTigerkommandant_Steiner, on 21 December 2017 - 12:40 PM, said:

The problem is not WG.

yes it is. even if you're in a top 200k clans and inside the top 11k you don't get enough bonds for the tank. if you didn't play ranked or already spent the bonds on equipment you're out of luck. should have played campaigns back when the rewards were worth the time, now it's too late. same as tournaments.



eldrak #10 Posted 21 December 2017 - 12:57 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 46578 battles
  • 1,005
  • [NE-VO] NE-VO
  • Member since:
    01-27-2011
Buying as many as you can for 4k each? I'd like that option :trollface:

SirGruut #11 Posted 21 December 2017 - 12:58 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 21518 battles
  • 119
  • [TAKE] TAKE
  • Member since:
    06-20-2014

I'll try and explain you why WG probably switched to using bonds, please stay with me i realized it has become a long read :)

 

I'll start with the old system, in previous campaigns 11000 tanks were given away, 5k were given to the top 50 clans and 8000 to the highest ranked remaining players, this made is so one usually would get a tank around position 9k. This system caused competition on a clan level to achieve this top 50 and it caused competition to get into this top 9k. This system has mayor flaws tho:

 

- No difference between clan nr 1 and clan nr 50, both of them received licenses and the only difference was bragging right for being nr1. This only caused competition around position 50 and for the top3, the other clans were either safe in the top50 of knew they would never get there. This made the clan ranking useless for most clans. WG addemted to adress this by giving more gold to higher ranked clans and some reserves but this doesntn really help since top clans easily farm 10k gold/day during regular CW meaning that the gold is a nice bonus but nothing worth competing for.

 

- No difference between personal nr1 and nr xxxx (last guy to get a tank), this made it once again so there was no competition once you had enough points to get the tank. You could know how much you needed by using tracking tools or doing it yourself in an excell sheet. This caused QSF to quit last years campaign after t8 because everyone was more then sure to get a tank, we only continued for fun in the t10 stage.

 

- Some top clans sold their clan licenses/accepted loads of friends on the last days to give them tanks, this was dealt with by removing clan licenses in the last t8 campaigns.

 

- The amount of competition depended on the participation its really hard to make a decent balance between the amount of tanks you give away and the amount of people participating when you have to guess that last number.

 

In the end only weaker clans that stuggle for the tank had some actual competition and it clearly needed fixing

 

WG attempted to fix this by introducing the current system:

- amount of tanks was linked to the amount of participants, not straight up but through bonds.

 

- Every clan rank and personal rank has a meaning since gaining ranks will increase the clan multiplier and your personal base bonds. The clan multiplier is there to give top clans an easier time for getting their players the rewards without straight up giving them. This compesates for the loss in licenses and prevents selling tanks.

 

- Bonds are used as a currency since its the only thing in this game one cannot obtain by throwing ones wallet against it. Using gold or credits would have been paying real money to get a tank. Paying for your reward tank has happened before (the first is5 campaign) and was received horribly by the playerbase for good reasons.

 

In the end the idea behind it is to trigger competition during every stage of the campaign and for every position on both the clan and personal ladders, this has been the case this campaign.

 

What remains now is how many people can actually get a tank for free. Guessing the exact number is hard since it factors in both the clan and personal position, the following stuff is therefor more of a guideline then exact science.

 

In order to receive a free tank one needs to obtain 4000 bonds without playing ranked or grinding t10 battles, since everyone received 500 bonds for free when they got introduced this number is reduced to 3500. A top 100 clan will receive a x4 multiplier, this is not that hard to achieve considering the amount of clans participating. Ending in the top 3500 personally will grant you 800 bonds, this might look hard to achieve but if your clan is set up well and works with set teams of 15 without rotations this is certainly possible especially if you managed to get into the top 100 clans. This would result in 3200 bonds meaning that you only lack 300 to get a tank for free. If you tried out the ranked battle gamemode for 1-5 battles or played some tier 10 you will have those 300 bonds easily.

 

This basically means that a third of the people that can receive a reward tank will actually receive it completely for free once could say this is quite low especially since in previous campaigns everyone would have got the tank for free. This is however where the link to participation comes in: only 36k players have joined the campaign while last year it was around 85k-90k. Since the amount of players has shrunk by more then 50% it seens logical that the amount of rewards get reduced by more then 50% as well.

 

Because of the above I would say that this campaign it has been more difficult to get a free t10 reward tank however, WG has given out a lot more licenses to obtain the campaign tank then in previous years, a third of the participation players can obtain the tank if they commit to grinding the bonds they lack. I would therefor say that this campaign it has been both easier to get a tank and more competitive on every level!


Edited by SirGruut, 21 December 2017 - 01:00 PM.


ogremage #12 Posted 21 December 2017 - 01:55 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 32848 battles
  • 1,402
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
  • Member since:
    06-26-2011
Good analysis, SirGruut, and illustrates well the advantages of the latest approach as well (as everyone's been focused on the disadvantages).

__H3H3__ #13 Posted 21 December 2017 - 02:27 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 30353 battles
  • 577
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
  • Member since:
    12-09-2013

View PostSirGruut, on 21 December 2017 - 12:58 PM, said:

I'll try and explain you why WG probably switched to using bonds, please stay with me i realized it has become a long read :)

 

I'll start with the old system, in previous campaigns 11000 tanks were given away, 5k were given to the top 50 clans and 8000 to the highest ranked remaining players, this made is so one usually would get a tank around position 9k. This system caused competition on a clan level to achieve this top 50 and it caused competition to get into this top 9k. This system has mayor flaws tho:

 

- No difference between clan nr 1 and clan nr 50, both of them received licenses and the only difference was bragging right for being nr1. This only caused competition around position 50 and for the top3, the other clans were either safe in the top50 of knew they would never get there. This made the clan ranking useless for most clans. WG addemted to adress this by giving more gold to higher ranked clans and some reserves but this doesntn really help since top clans easily farm 10k gold/day during regular CW meaning that the gold is a nice bonus but nothing worth competing for.

 

- No difference between personal nr1 and nr xxxx (last guy to get a tank), this made it once again so there was no competition once you had enough points to get the tank. You could know how much you needed by using tracking tools or doing it yourself in an excell sheet. This caused QSF to quit last years campaign after t8 because everyone was more then sure to get a tank, we only continued for fun in the t10 stage.

 

- Some top clans sold their clan licenses/accepted loads of friends on the last days to give them tanks, this was dealt with by removing clan licenses in the last t8 campaigns.

 

- The amount of competition depended on the participation its really hard to make a decent balance between the amount of tanks you give away and the amount of people participating when you have to guess that last number.

 

In the end only weaker clans that stuggle for the tank had some actual competition and it clearly needed fixing

 

WG attempted to fix this by introducing the current system:

- amount of tanks was linked to the amount of participants, not straight up but through bonds.

 

- Every clan rank and personal rank has a meaning since gaining ranks will increase the clan multiplier and your personal base bonds. The clan multiplier is there to give top clans an easier time for getting their players the rewards without straight up giving them. This compesates for the loss in licenses and prevents selling tanks.

 

- Bonds are used as a currency since its the only thing in this game one cannot obtain by throwing ones wallet against it. Using gold or credits would have been paying real money to get a tank. Paying for your reward tank has happened before (the first is5 campaign) and was received horribly by the playerbase for good reasons.

 

In the end the idea behind it is to trigger competition during every stage of the campaign and for every position on both the clan and personal ladders, this has been the case this campaign.

 

What remains now is how many people can actually get a tank for free. Guessing the exact number is hard since it factors in both the clan and personal position, the following stuff is therefor more of a guideline then exact science.

 

In order to receive a free tank one needs to obtain 4000 bonds without playing ranked or grinding t10 battles, since everyone received 500 bonds for free when they got introduced this number is reduced to 3500. A top 100 clan will receive a x4 multiplier, this is not that hard to achieve considering the amount of clans participating. Ending in the top 3500 personally will grant you 800 bonds, this might look hard to achieve but if your clan is set up well and works with set teams of 15 without rotations this is certainly possible especially if you managed to get into the top 100 clans. This would result in 3200 bonds meaning that you only lack 300 to get a tank for free. If you tried out the ranked battle gamemode for 1-5 battles or played some tier 10 you will have those 300 bonds easily.

 

This basically means that a third of the people that can receive a reward tank will actually receive it completely for free once could say this is quite low especially since in previous campaigns everyone would have got the tank for free. This is however where the link to participation comes in: only 36k players have joined the campaign while last year it was around 85k-90k. Since the amount of players has shrunk by more then 50% it seens logical that the amount of rewards get reduced by more then 50% as well.

 

Because of the above I would say that this campaign it has been more difficult to get a free t10 reward tank however, WG has given out a lot more licenses to obtain the campaign tank then in previous years, a third of the participation players can obtain the tank if they commit to grinding the bonds they lack. I would therefor say that this campaign it has been both easier to get a tank and more competitive on every level!

 

True this campaign is actually one of the easier ones. We have a guy in our clan that said 2 DAYS ago he would like to have a 907 aswell. So we boosted him all the way up to the top 11.2K in like 2/3 days of playing. Tonight he will probably go in the top 11K and he will get himself a reward. Only for playing like 4 days in total. We are also not a super clan but still we manage to give 45 of our clan member the oppurtunity go get a reward tank. I don't know but this campaigns looks really easy. 

Edited by another_Ghost_Shell, 21 December 2017 - 02:27 PM.


armandio #14 Posted 21 December 2017 - 07:53 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 79492 battles
  • 2,045
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011

View PostHazi, on 21 December 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

 

And why every player supposed to have a full set of cw reward tanks in garage? 

 

FFS.

 

Not every.I mean every 11k CW campaigne player.

armandio #15 Posted 21 December 2017 - 07:56 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 79492 battles
  • 2,045
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011

View PostWrogenTheFrog, on 21 December 2017 - 01:13 PM, said:

I think they just need to give you tank for free, and you don't even need to play campaign. Being good at this game is not important :child:

 

Whats wrong with u?Is it hard to understand?

I mean best 11k players in CW campaign Gambit in my poll, and not every random player.



armandio #16 Posted 21 December 2017 - 07:58 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 79492 battles
  • 2,045
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011

View Posteldrak, on 21 December 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

Buying as many as you can for 4k each? I'd like that option :trollface:

 

Not as many as u can, but only 1, the 2nd one in 1 campaigne.Price in bonds must be just for 2nd one.

armandio #17 Posted 21 December 2017 - 08:35 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 79492 battles
  • 2,045
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011

View PostSirGruut, on 21 December 2017 - 01:58 PM, said:

 

 

This basically means that a third of the people that can receive a reward tank will actually receive it completely for free once could say this is quite low especially since in previous campaigns everyone would have got the tank for free. This is however where the link to participation comes in: only 36k players have joined the campaign while last year it was around 85k-90k. Since the amount of players has shrunk by more then 50% it seens logical that the amount of rewards get reduced by more then 50% as well.

 

 

 

Ofc in ONLY 10 tier CW campaigne will be less players, cause not ever clan player have tier 10 tank in hangar.

"Since the amount of players has shrunk by more then 50% it seens logical that the amount of rewards get reduced by more then 50% as well.".....?!?

What?!? WG reduced rewards by 50% cause they predict less players in Gambit campaigne?!? :teethhappy: What are u talking about?

Honestly WG reduced rewards by 1000%, cause there is no NEW, CW campaigne reward tank in Gambit campaigne.:angry:

 

 

And new WG "cryptocurrency" = bonds where made for paying for Improved equipment, and not made for paying for something else, for example for CW campaigne reward tank.If good player plays good in CW campaigne, then why tf he must give earned bonds for CW reward tank which in previous campaignes was total free for 11k players.Maybe 11k player want to spend bonds(earned in CW campaigne) for Improve equipment and not for CW reward tank, which was totally free for him in last campaigne.

And now where is guarantee that WG dont start ask bonds for something else that was free before?!? Maybe tomorrow they will start ask 10 bonds from us for login in the game?!?:trollface:

Or You must pay besides the price in silver, also price in bonds, for example 1000 bonds for recently discovered new 9 tier vehicle, and 2000k bonds for 10 tier vehicle.:D


 

 


Edited by armandio, 21 December 2017 - 08:43 PM.


SirGruut #18 Posted 21 December 2017 - 11:01 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 21518 battles
  • 119
  • [TAKE] TAKE
  • Member since:
    06-20-2014
quote

 

1) WG didnt predict that less players would participate, but they linked the amount of rewards to the number of participants, if 90k players participated everyone would have probably received close to enough bonds

 

2) quite a few people dont have all the reward tank, i do agree however that no new tank might be partically the cause of the low participation. Its a lot of recources for them to invest tho for a tank not a lot of people will play. 121B only got picked by a few but still took ages to design and balance, they might think its no longer worth their money.

 

3) I dont like it either that they used bonds but what is the alternative to make every position on both clan and personal fame important and rewarding. ( explained this in more detail in the feedback post someone made here)



armandio #19 Posted 21 December 2017 - 11:14 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 79492 battles
  • 2,045
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011

View PostSirGruut, on 22 December 2017 - 12:01 AM, said:

quote

 

 

2) quite a few people dont have all the reward tank, i do agree however that no new tank might be partically the cause of the low participation. Its a lot of recources for them to invest tho for a tank not a lot of people will play. 121B only got picked by a few but still took ages to design and balance, they might think its no longer worth their money.

 

 

 

I cant understand why they suddenly change own strategy about unique CW reward - CW reward tank, not available in regular tank tree...That was huge magnet attracting many serious, active WoT players. 

Because many top clans sell them? Or business profitable purpose? Or not enough staff for making CW reward tank cause they were busy with Ranked battles and HD maps?

Only way I can understand bonds usage in CW reward tanks system is if WG gives completely new CW campaigne reward tank next campaigne like they did it before and if u want also some of previous tanks, u must pay 5k bonds for that, 2nd one.

P.S. 907 are not so rare in random, its pretty good russian medium.I like it.


Edited by armandio, 21 December 2017 - 11:14 PM.


Jeroenpeter #20 Posted 21 December 2017 - 11:19 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 26179 battles
  • 106
  • [REBLS] REBLS
  • Member since:
    03-15-2013

View PostSirGruut, on 21 December 2017 - 11:01 PM, said:

quote

 

1) WG didnt predict that less players would participate, but they linked the amount of rewards to the number of participants, if 90k players participated everyone would have probably received close to enough bonds

 

2) quite a few people dont have all the reward tank, i do agree however that no new tank might be partically the cause of the low participation. Its a lot of recources for them to invest tho for a tank not a lot of people will play. 121B only got picked by a few but still took ages to design and balance, they might think its no longer worth their money.

 

3) I dont like it either that they used bonds but what is the alternative to make every position on both clan and personal fame important and rewarding. ( explained this in more detail in the feedback post someone made here)

I don’t get why creating a tier X reward tank costs alot of money. It isn’t that hard to balance a tank. They have a group with Community contributers, they could just post the stats and armor profile in there, and ask for their opinions. 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users