Archer Tank destroyers British Tanks

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

goku8721 #1 Posted 21 December 2017 - 01:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1778 battles
  • [RBL] RBL

OK so lets get this little part out and done with: this is my first topic . Ever :child:so yep- that's it. Cool. Yes. Read the topic not this. 

OK so first, lets give a overview on the Archer. The archer was produced first in March 1943, it was based of the Valentine chassis . it was, to summon up, a 17-pdr on tracks . Yes. But now it's design its a gun on the wrong was of its chassis! yes - well it actually had  some reasoning to it. it was to make it "shorter", to add to it's already low-profile (for its time). 

Now for in game! this tank (once acquired the top gun) its a absolute awesome sniping tank , the gear i use to enhance this is the camo net and binoculars - why? Well why not spot and snipe, half of the kills i achieve, are made by spotting a tank tracking seeing there gun wiggle (i find that hilarious) and ripping there tank apart.

But that is not a detailed guide. So these are some methods i use:

-OK so find a bush and hide in it. Remember to turn around to actually get there! So the way to kill is not to shoot the main chassis of tank . Shoot the tracks. TRUST ME! It is the best way to hold them, and with the 17-pdr its not a real loss it has a 4 second reload- approximately. Then shoot at weak-spots and yes. Kill them. Also remember Get Sixth Sense. It is the most useful perk! Why - well if you get spotted you can run - and shoot , that is that!

-OK so the other tactic is to go behind the main attacking force- why this is a awesome support tank! use cover to hide you- and keep a safe way from the main brawling. remember to always look about the mini-map- go to the location with more heavies!

Yes so that's nearly it- some last tips:

-Always give your commander sixth sense!

-Never rush the enemy , it is a paper cannon!

-Do try your hardest to go find a lovely bush to hide behind     :bush:.

-Don't try any 1v1's :B.

- As my friend Bob says "Track 'n' Troll",  :trollface:.

So thank you for giving your time up for this post!

Happy tanking :)!

rejkov #2 Posted 11 December 2018 - 12:17 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14747 battles

Tutorial?????

Do not play with it. That archer can not move. Totally useless crap.

Now 90% of the battles are 3 min steamrolls.

Win: Archer can not follow the steam roller,

Loss: enemy steam roller is coming, and the archer can shoot 2-3 shots, before it dies.

The worst td in the game. Totally unplayable.

Gremlin182 #3 Posted 11 December 2018 - 09:54 AM

General

• Player
  • 59138 battles

Well he did post his tutorial a year ago lots happened since then.

The Archer gun points over the rear so you follow any friendly tanks with what looks like reverse with your gun pointing uselessly away from the enemy

Its got 3 good things about it decent gun for its tier with a good arc decent camouflage and it can run away from trouble because of that configuration.

Best used in ambush drive to spot spin around and snipe.

Its not fantastic but its playable

JCTagger #4 Posted 04 January 2019 - 02:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15691 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGremlin182, on 11 December 2018 - 09:54 AM, said:

Well he did post his tutorial a year ago lots happened since then.

The Archer gun points over the rear so you follow any friendly tanks with what looks like reverse with your gun pointing uselessly away from the enemy

Its got 3 good things about it decent gun for its tier with a good arc decent camouflage and it can run away from trouble because of that configuration.

Best used in ambush drive to spot spin around and snipe.

Its not fantastic but its playable

I free-XP'd up to the Archer, then stuck the Xmas Reward Crew in it - so, it has top config', top gun etc, camo paint, net, and binoc's, and a full-camo, BiA crew with 6th Sense...

...And it's still crap.

Learning how to drive accurately backwards, so as to stand a VERY SMALL chance of getting to the action before the afore-mentioned 3-min collapse, is actually the least painful part of the experience, though even backwards it's till stupidly slow for tier, especially for a tank with zero armour...

I realise it's a glass cannon, so getting one-shotted by arty is par for the course, but FFS, this thing seems to just explode on sight!

Yes, the top gun is pretty sweet IF you get the chance to use it, but mine seems to have permanent -25% rng, and only sees the bottom of tier VII games...

Maybe it works better on maps it hasn't yet seen? I have not had the privilege of Prok', Kampinovka, Sand River or El Halluf, yet, but I can report it's TOO DAMN SLOW to be of the slightest use on anything with a hill - so, Westfield, Redshire - or the atrocity that is Great Wall (by the way, does ANY class actually work there?)

It is, of course, possible I've just been in receipt of the Holiday Teams effect; perhaps I'll be lucky enough to get some actual teams when the Children go back to school :sceptic:

AzoreanOutkast #5 Posted 04 January 2019 - 05:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11370 battles

A one trick poney basically but that can work ingame if u get acostumed to the way it has to be played and driving around backwards...

U need to have crew well trained to improve and use the tanks strenghts, also the right equipment off course.

Its a TD to go full camo, park on a ambush position and fire away!

And if detected, u can run away fast from the position.

A simple tactic is to find a bush, park there, use camo and binos to spot (crew skills help here), and fire away at enemies (gun rammer and crew skills can make DPM go way, way high), if spotted just run fast to cover back, ergh front, ke ke ke, then wait 10 secs and get back in the bush and continue to shoot enemy, until u need to relocate.

Off course as a one trick poney u are totally dependent on your team to be sucessful but it is duable.

PowJay #6 Posted 08 July 2019 - 10:53 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 40420 battles

An interesting "Tutorial" from a clueless player who only managed 281 HP average damage and 1 kill every two battles in his Archer.

This is mine.

I still play it, but not so often as I have been playing for Campaign missions at tier VI and higher. 87.7% MoE- but it has been higher. 40.77% survival rate. Damage ratio 2.63 and kill ratio 2.04. Maximum damage 2,478 HP and I have a Kolobanov and Radley Walters (from the same (low-tier) battle)

Edited by PowJay, 09 July 2019 - 07:35 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users