Tanks that doesnt pay the effort

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Ugh_me_chief #1 Posted 21 December 2017 - 07:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22059 battles

Do you also feel that in some tanks you can play very well. F.ex hold a key position  or scout so that the enemy gets light up and doesnt dare to move foreward. Small things that you by routine have learned are good for the team but once the game has ended you find yourself in the bottom of the list. The victory was yours but because you didnt do the shooting, you end up in the wrong end.

There are certain tanks that alway give me this:

Ru 251 and pz7 is my worst example. 

E50 is on the other hand Always in the top without doing anything spectacular..

Do you have the same feeling?

unhappy_bunny #2 Posted 21 December 2017 - 07:50 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18099 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

That depends upon what you want out of the game. 

If being top in the team list and doing the most damage, or getting the most kills is your definition of doing well, then you need to stick to certain tanks.

If playing well, helping the team win, having the satisfaction of knowing that you helped in that win by spotting or whatever, then does it really matter if you finish 1st, 4th, 10th or 14th in the list? It is what you know about how you played that counts. 

We see many examples of players that go for damage, leave low HP tanks for someone else to kill, and end up on the losing side because some of those almost dead tanks can still kill your team, or cap, or whatever. 

Ugh_me_chief #3 Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:52 AM

Private

• Player
  • 22059 battles

Yes, that is what I mean, but certain tanks are more unfortunate when it comes to paying off for the playstyle they demand.

You play for the team but the team gets all the Points so to say. That isnt a problem for me but im just interested if 

more players have the same thoughts and in that case which tanks are their example.

magkiln #4 Posted 23 December 2017 - 02:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24179 battles
  • [EKKE] EKKE
It happens. Part of the problem is that we don't know exactly how xp is calculated. In general, doing a lot of damage to high tier tanks that you are spotting for yourself is the best way to earn xp. Artillery gets shafted big time because they never spot for themselves. Same thing for sniper-type TDs. Spotting should get you enough XP, but only if your team actually shoots. Just being the first to see a tank doesn't earn much.

Enforcer1975 #5 Posted 23 December 2017 - 04:32 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
It's not the tanks that aren't worth the effort. It's the teams. What good does it do you ( yes be an egoist from time to time when you have bots in your team ) when you scout ahead or play aggressive to get a vital spot and they stop 200m behind you and hide behind a rock. Pull back, preferably behind them and farm damage. Maybe they survive long enough that the better players can still turn the game around.

Schemezoid #6 Posted 23 December 2017 - 04:35 PM

Major

• Player
  • 20434 battles

E100 and T57. Both are rather meh imo.

Leopard pt seemed to draw losing teams as flies to a steaming pile of dung. Sold it. Same for the t110e5. Sold it aswell.

Bordhaw #7 Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:33 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11536 battles

View PostUgh_me_chief, on 21 December 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

Do you also feel that in some tanks you can play very well. F.ex hold a key position  or scout so that the enemy gets light up and doesnt dare to move foreward. Small things that you by routine have learned are good for the team but once the game has ended you find yourself in the bottom of the list. The victory was yours but because you didnt do the shooting, you end up in the wrong end.

There are certain tanks that alway give me this:

Ru 251 and pz7 is my worst example. 

E50 is on the other hand Always in the top without doing anything spectacular..

Do you have the same feeling?

Wat ? 

Ugh_me_chief #8 Posted 24 December 2017 - 12:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22059 battles

Leopard pt is also one of my examples. Demands a good team that does what a team shall do.

E100 is in need of a big need of armourbuff i Think. Even bc´s from other side of the map kills it at times.

I never owned a Maus but i Think that is what E100 used to be.

MrGimpSuit #9 Posted 24 December 2017 - 01:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10012 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSchemezoid, on 23 December 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

E100 and T57. Both are rather meh imo.

Leopard pt seemed to draw losing teams as flies to a steaming pile of dung. Sold it. Same for the t110e5. Sold it aswell.

Just sold my PTA too. Shame tho I really wanted to like it, I liked the looks and the playstyle. Nope I just can't make it work and loose constantly in it. I seem to do better in my E50 and the T9 Skoda. 

SuperOlsson #10 Posted 24 December 2017 - 01:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21141 battles
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM
Indien panzer, crap armour, awful gun handling, low alpha, low hp, slow acceleration and top speed. The only thing it’s “got going” for it is turning speed that doesn’t get killed by terrain resistance and ok dpm, will definitely sell as soon leopard pt is researched.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users