Jump to content


Tiger II is a piece of crap and needs a buff or Premium Matchmaking!


  • Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Rittmeister39 #1 Posted 22 December 2017 - 07:33 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 8833 battles
  • 102
  • Member since:
    06-27-2017

Tiger II literally gets penned head-on through the gun-mantlet and the turret cheeks by T10 tanks. This is ridiculous and annoying.

Either buff the turret or fix the Matchmaking - no more T10 tanks vs Tier8. Let them fight it out amongst themselves.

Why the hell should I support the Heavy front in a Tiger II when it just gets shot to pieces THROUGH THE DAMN TURRET MANTLET AND CHEEKS?

See screenshots for proof - they were taken with "final shot" mod that shows the last penetrations after you die.

 

Of course you could also buff the upper front-plate while you're at it. It's not like this game has much realism anymore anyway, just give it 600mm or whatever. who cares.


Edited by Rittmeister39, 22 December 2017 - 07:39 AM.


PauI #2 Posted 22 December 2017 - 07:41 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24881 battles
  • 386
  • Member since:
    10-15-2011
Tiger2 is a sad sad story. It is not even fun to joke about this legend tank that in the game is a big LOL. I admint that whenever i go against a heavys in a medium (i am a med pkayer) i always chose the tiger2

Edited by PauI, 22 December 2017 - 07:42 AM.


shane73tank #3 Posted 22 December 2017 - 07:46 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27428 battles
  • 1,989
  • [USAGI] USAGI
  • Member since:
    03-01-2014
There's one of these threads every other month, most agree it is a shame what's happened to this tank 

Rittmeister39 #4 Posted 22 December 2017 - 07:57 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 8833 battles
  • 102
  • Member since:
    06-27-2017

Tiger I isn't much better, you can't even sidescrape in that thing reliably because of that 60mm gaping hole over the tracks, but at least it doesn't suck as much as the Tiger II.


Edited by Rittmeister39, 22 December 2017 - 07:58 AM.


shane73tank #5 Posted 22 December 2017 - 08:02 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27428 battles
  • 1,989
  • [USAGI] USAGI
  • Member since:
    03-01-2014

View PostRittmeister39, on 22 December 2017 - 06:57 AM, said:

Tiger I isn't much better, you can't even sidescrape in that thing reliably because of that 60mm gaping hole over the tracks, but at least it doesn't suck as much as the Tiger II.

 

tiger 1 has insane dpm and if you use that with good view range it can be great ,  the 2 has no niche 

Edited by shane73tank, 22 December 2017 - 08:02 AM.


Rittmeister39 #6 Posted 22 December 2017 - 08:11 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 8833 battles
  • 102
  • Member since:
    06-27-2017
unfortunately I have to grind thru the even shittier Tiger I (P) and the Tiger II now. It will wreck my WN8 completely probably. My WN8 was on a good rise, doing 1300 average the last month while grinding tanks in 75% crews with no skills (except the odd female commander). At least I wont get focused by arty if I turn red, lol.

mvdt #7 Posted 22 December 2017 - 08:14 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 38205 battles
  • 287
  • Member since:
    05-10-2011

View PostRittmeister39, on 22 December 2017 - 07:11 AM, said:

unfortunately I have to grind thru the even shittier Tiger I (P) and the Tiger II now. It will wreck my WN8 completely probably. My WN8 was on a good rise, doing 1300 average the last month while grinding tanks in 75% crews with no skills (except the odd female commander). At least I wont get focused by arty if I turn red, lol.

 

Uninstall your mods. Honestly, it is much more fun to play without them. :P

 

As for the Tiger II, the E75 is great. So you have something to look forward to :great:



leggasiini #8 Posted 22 December 2017 - 08:15 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12446 battles
  • 6,082
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    12-01-2012
Well patch 9.21 made the Tiger II feel bit better, because it is no longer the worst tier 8 HT in the game :trollface:

mvdt #9 Posted 22 December 2017 - 08:16 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 38205 battles
  • 287
  • Member since:
    05-10-2011

View Postleggasiini, on 22 December 2017 - 07:15 AM, said:

Well patch 9.21 made the Tiger II feel bit better, because it is no longer the worst tier 8 HT in the game :trollface:

 

This^

TankkiPoju #10 Posted 22 December 2017 - 08:37 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20014 battles
  • 6,192
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011
Tiger 2 is just another free XP sink in the game, as WG wants people to skip it and get to E75.

Rittmeister39 #11 Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:00 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 8833 battles
  • 102
  • Member since:
    06-27-2017

Do the Devs even get to hear about complaints in the EU forum, or is this just for people to cool down?

I assume they're all Russians and wont hear any complaints from this forum.



Aikl #12 Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:20 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25167 battles
  • 4,253
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View PostRittmeister39, on 22 December 2017 - 08:00 AM, said:

Do the Devs even get to hear about complaints in the EU forum, or is this just for people to cool down?

I assume they're all Russians and wont hear any complaints from this forum.

 

Mostly cooling down. The staff has stated that they do make reports about game balancing and whatnot based on what's written in the forums. That is probably true, but whether they matter (or actually are read in the first place) I kind of doubt. Just a feeling you get when you observe the staff in action. Nothing to do with the boots on the ground, but it reeks of mismanagement when Wargaming manages to communicate a global issue rather well (the personal missions-Halloween bugs) - but largely chose to ignore the chat/contacts list issues that is still intermittently plaguing the game.



ZlatanArKung #13 Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:47 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1529 battles
  • 5,112
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
Let's compare the Tiger 2 to the new Caernarvon.

Tiger
+ 40 more alpha
+ better accuracy
+ better hull armour (but still bad).

Caernarvon
+ 700 higher dpm.
+ turret armour that can bounce 250-270 pen shells
+ 10 degrees of gun depression.
+ felt more mobile

DracheimFlug #14 Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:57 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 8957 battles
  • 4,033
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

View PostRittmeister39, on 22 December 2017 - 07:33 AM, said:

Tiger II literally gets penned head-on through the gun-mantlet and the turret cheeks by T10 tanks. This is ridiculous and annoying.

Either buff the turret or fix the Matchmaking - no more T10 tanks vs Tier8. Let them fight it out amongst themselves.

Why the hell should I support the Heavy front in a Tiger II when it just gets shot to pieces THROUGH THE DAMN TURRET MANTLET AND CHEEKS?

See screenshots for proof - they were taken with "final shot" mod that shows the last penetrations after you die.

 

Of course you could also buff the upper front-plate while you're at it. It's not like this game has much realism anymore anyway, just give it 600mm or whatever. who cares.

 

But those shots are all from higher tier tanks. IS 4, T-10 and a Pz VIII. Not saying that the Tiger II is great but not sure that those are fair examples.

Edited by DracheimFlug, 22 December 2017 - 09:59 AM.


Rittmeister39 #15 Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:13 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 8833 battles
  • 102
  • Member since:
    06-27-2017

View PostDracheimFlug, on 22 December 2017 - 09:57 AM, said:

 

But those shots are all from higher tier tanks. IS 4, T-10 and a Pz VIII. Not saying that the Tiger II is great but not sure that those are fair examples.

 

Tiger II cheecks and mantlet are supposed to bounce/ricochet anything at this angle. That's what pisses me off. Or why would you play an HT in the first place? I have to carefully aim in my shots to the copolas and these T10 guys can pen the Tiger II anywhere even if placed perfectly? There's already the weakspots anyway, coppola front of turret (outside mantlet), lower (and upper) plate.

Edited by Rittmeister39, 22 December 2017 - 10:14 AM.


brumbarr #16 Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:17 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,326
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View PostRittmeister39, on 22 December 2017 - 10:13 AM, said:

 

Tiger II cheecks and mantlet are supposed to bounce/ricochet anything at this angle. 

No they are not.



Laur_Balaur_XD #17 Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:26 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 35393 battles
  • 640
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011

Block Quote

Tiger II cheecks and mantlet are supposed to bounce/ricochet anything at this angle. 

 

 

Lol. Who told you that?

 

Sorry to disappoint you bro, but your WW2 wunder-dumber tier 8 super tank is not supposed to be as competitive as  tier 10 tanks that were also IRL designed/built 10-30 years after....


Edited by Iulian_ro, 22 December 2017 - 10:30 AM.


DracheimFlug #18 Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:48 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 8957 battles
  • 4,033
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

View PostRittmeister39, on 22 December 2017 - 10:13 AM, said:

 

Tiger II cheecks and mantlet are supposed to bounce/ricochet anything at this angle. That's what pisses me off. Or why would you play an HT in the first place? I have to carefully aim in my shots to the copolas and these T10 guys can pen the Tiger II anywhere even if placed perfectly? There's already the weakspots anyway, coppola front of turret (outside mantlet), lower (and upper) plate.

 

1) As others have said, no, just no. Tier 8 tanks are not supposed to be invulnerable to tier 10.

2) Just because the client shows a hit to a specific location does not mean that the server agrees. It is an aspect of the game notoriously lag sensitive.



Dragonlordcv #19 Posted 22 December 2017 - 11:24 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23970 battles
  • 861
  • Member since:
    03-10-2012
Sell it... So simple

Balc0ra #20 Posted 22 December 2017 - 11:38 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 64443 battles
  • 15,455
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

Well tbh.. you got raped by a tier X HT. Not many tier 8 HT's would toss that off. And Tiger I is a support HT with flat armor. Thus the insane ROF. It's almost 3 seconds faster pr shot then the Tiger P. That also needs a ROF buff as the armor has not been effective for years.

 

Tiger II needs some love indeed. Give it the Lowe pen, the Lowe snap shot ability, buff the side armor, and a ROF buff and a mobility buff. Make it do the role of a support HT in the age of super heavies and it can work again. Like the Tiger buffs did. As with the current meta, it needs some major armor buffs head on to work. I suspect it's easier to make it better as a support HT. As that's how most play it now anyway.

 

View PostZlatanArKung, on 22 December 2017 - 09:47 AM, said:

Let's compare the Tiger 2 to the new Caernarvon.

 

You made it sound like it was only The Tiger II. That comparison list is vs any tier 8 HT tbh.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users