Team killers

Penalties

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

steyrman_2016 #1 Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:14 AM

Private

• Player
  • 19231 battles

There seems to have been a noticeable increase in players turning blue during the game (often at the start) over the past few weeks on the EU servers.

I used to give players the benefit of the doubt when this happened and took no action, as we all hit an ally accidentally occasionally where for instance, a player cuts across your line of fire as you shoot or where you are trying to support a player from distance and RNG cocks it up.  I and most others apologise.

Having been deliberately shot on the start point at the beginning of a game a couple of times recently and having been deliberately team killed twice in the last 10 days and even shot at by a team member towards the end of a game, any player in blue near me in the future, will be killed and I urge all players to take the same action.  

I have even been shot and apologised to, then the same player has then done the same to another player straight after.     I recently followed a player at the start of Fjords who just began shooting at and hitting the team tank in front of him.  As soon as he turned blue I killed him.

WOT don't seem to take any meaningful action to really deter this so it is down to the players themselves to do so.

This also seems to increase when there is a special running.

Laur_Balaur_XD #2 Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:22 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35914 battles
  • [FUSED] FUSED

The friendly fire penalties are automated and the system works just fine.

You shoot too much your allies > you turn blue. You keep shooting your allies > you get banned.

Also the playerbase average IQ is comparable to the average IQ of a baboon colony. A lot of 'special people' play WOT these days, and they usually tend to get in the way of shots and block corners. This made me install a friendly fire mod.

Aikl #3 Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:26 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25705 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Well. Might not seem like huge penalties, but becoming blue makes you 'garage-blue' for some time (essentially a warning that you're one inch from a ban). If you're a nice chap, you might get rid of it after two-three battles. It's not that strict if you don't do it regularly. I've had some accidents the last few months, and turned blue three times*. All three times, even the one resulting in a ban, were easy to get rid of.

If you do it repeatedly, even if you're mighty careful not to do further team damage, you'll stay that way for many, many more battles. One bump can be enough. I.e. you can't troll people worth a damn when you're 'garage-blue'. Works rather well if you ask me, at least as long as it doesn't happen too often. I don't think it does. There might be more of it during the holidays, and it's been like that for years. I see it maybe once a week or so at T7-10, if you don't count counter-trolling.

Protip: If someone is blue, don't destroy him. It'll ruin your game - a blue player usually only gets one more shot before he gets the boot. One hour, one day, one week, a month ...it quickly adds up when you're in the system.

* Not intentional, mind you. Landing on top of a teammate in CW, teammate pushing me up on a slope and damaging him and a teammate trying to overturn my tank ...onto himself.

_snowfIake__ #4 Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:29 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26803 battles
I'm always blue.

Homer_J #5 Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:34 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29197 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Poststeyrman_2016, on 23 December 2017 - 09:14 AM, said:

any player in blue near me in the future, will be killed and I urge all players to take the same action.  

I suggest you rethink that idea.

If you kill them then they get to play another battle.

If you allow them to carry on doing team damage they will get banned.

The cost to you is minimal, one more lost battle is nothing and you get compensated if you are teamkilled.

AliceUnchained #6 Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:37 AM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322

View Poststeyrman_2016, on 23 December 2017 - 10:14 AM, said:

WOT don't seem to take any meaningful action to really deter this so it is down to the players themselves to do so.

Of course. Team killing that team killer really takes it out of them... Far better to let them go about their business. With some luck, or coercion, they might inflict team damage again and get suspended. Judging by this statement of yours, I doubt you even understand the system in place. More likely you're one of those who expects, demands, that anyone upsetting their game is instantly smitten (and removed from the game) or something.

Yes, those trolling players are obnoxious to say the least. But most of the time, it's far better to ignore them. Deny them their amusement, and they will get bored soon enough.

STRAPATONI #7 Posted 23 December 2017 - 12:40 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23803 battles
  • [0-M-J] 0-M-J
too much Permanent Loosers.:teethhappy:

Enforcer1975 #8 Posted 23 December 2017 - 12:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Morons who shoot and hit a teammate up to 30s into a game should turn blue immediately. They don't have a reason to shoot since there is no enemy contact yet.

m1x_angelico #9 Posted 23 December 2017 - 12:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22855 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

View PostIulian_ro, on 23 December 2017 - 10:22 AM, said:

The friendly fire penalties are automated and the system works just fine.

You shoot too much your allies > you turn blue. You keep shooting your allies > you get banned.

Also the playerbase average IQ is comparable to the average IQ of a baboon colony. A lot of 'special people' play WOT these days, and they usually tend to get in the way of shots and block corners. This made me install a friendly fire mod.

Come to the tier X game with a MT/LT, let me hit you once with a TD, and let us talk then again about system working fine.

Another way of punishing team killers and blue players is not responding back right away, but tracking them in a crucial moment so they get killed by the enemy. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Merton15 #10 Posted 23 December 2017 - 02:17 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13869 battles
Relax, it's the school holidays. Hordes of 14 year olds, you're bound to get tons of them shooting their load within 30 seconds.

Balc0ra #11 Posted 23 December 2017 - 02:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66618 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

There seems to have been a noticeable increase in players turning blue during the game (often at the start) over the past few weeks on the EU servers.

Can't say I've noticed it

I used to give players the benefit of the doubt when this happened and took no action, as we all hit an ally accidentally occasionally where for instance, a player cuts across your line of fire as you shoot or where you are trying to support a player from distance and RNG cocks it up.  I and most others apologise.

You don't turn blue from one mishap shot. It's not how much damage you do, it's how often. If you turn blue from one shot, it's usually an indication of repeat offenders.

If they did monitor and took manual action on any player that turned blue, they would not have time for much else. It's not a manual system that makes them blue. It's automatic for a reason. If you don't kill them the second they turn blue, but allow them one more shot. They will be banned. You killing them just allows them to play more.

View Postm1x_angelico, on 23 December 2017 - 12:55 PM, said:

Come to the tier X game with a MT/LT, let me hit you once with a TD, and let us talk then again about system working fine.

Another way of punishing team killers and blue players is not responding back right away, but tracking them in a crucial moment so they get killed by the enemy. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Having it go on one hit is not ideal either. As I'm sure any tier X TD player have gotten a light flank your target out of the blue and take the shot. I've done that in my 183 at long range more then once. But on mid tiers the 3 hit rule works fine. On low and high tiers, not so much. As low tiers have clip guns, where some can turn blue on 20 damage. While TD's can TK one or two before they even turn blue. Same on tier X. The Tier X Russian Light can do 900 damage before he turns blue, 183 can do 5K if he high rolls with HESH. Issue is that's it's not easy to balance it to make it equally fair for all. But it should still take alpha into account. And if you hit the same target twice with a tier X TD.. It's not a mishap.

Vukila #12 Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:02 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27630 battles
  • [OT_YU] OT_YU

View PostMerton15, on 23 December 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

Relax, it's the school holidays. Hordes of 14 year olds, you're bound to get tons of them shooting their load within 30 seconds.

14 year olds could be a very capable players. Im afraid we have to deal with 6 year olds here.

Besides, having XVM installed, I notice a lot of yellow and green players doing incredibly dumb stuff lately. For example, leaving one side completely undefended, without intention of rushing the other one. Or sniping lights with O-NI. Or "defending the base". Whats their story? Kids playing from fathers account?

Also tagged with Penalties

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users