Jump to content


Question: Option to pay for a tank before having the required experience


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

UserZer00 #1 Posted 23 December 2017 - 05:17 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9945 battles
  • 512
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

Just had a thought, with all these % reduction deals going on for a bunch of tanks:

 

Is there any way to pay for a tank so that we can have it once we grind the required experience?

- This would allow us to profit from % reductions when they are available instead of having to wait for the next time they are on sale

- We can already apply % reductions to the price (as per the ongoing X-mas decoration event)

 

This would allow people like me (who have terrible memories) to be able to take advantage of the reductions instead of realizing that the tank they were waiting to buy was on sale the previous week.

 

I don't really see any negative impact as players would still need to grind the necessary experience before being able to use the tank.

(Kinda like a 15 y.o. buying a car, but not being able to drive it till he gets his permit)



Homer_J #2 Posted 23 December 2017 - 05:48 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • 30,064
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

No.

 

Get the experience, unlock the tank, then wait for the discount.



Balc0ra #3 Posted 23 December 2017 - 05:56 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66286 battles
  • 16,286
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
Or use the holiday ops discount. As you can use it on tanks you have yet to unlock.

UserZer00 #4 Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:00 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9945 battles
  • 512
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View PostHomer_J, on 23 December 2017 - 05:48 PM, said:

No.

 

Get the experience, unlock the tank, then wait for the discount.

 

and then......

Forget to buy during discount

Curse

Forget to buy during next discount

Curse

etc.

 

And why "No"? 

 

I don't see how it would impact gameplay or anything else.  If you point out a valid logic for why it would have an impact I am ready to be convinced.  Until then it's just a possible option that hasn't yet been implemented.

 

 

View PostBalc0ra, on 23 December 2017 - 05:56 PM, said:

Or use the holiday ops discount. As you can use it on tanks you have yet to unlock.

 

That has been done (though thanks for the suggestion)

 

It's what got me thinking about being able to pay for a tank before you unlock it.



Bordhaw #5 Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:00 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 11548 battles
  • 2,499
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostBalc0ra, on 23 December 2017 - 04:56 PM, said:

Or use the holiday ops discount. As you can use it on tanks you have yet to unlock.

 

Good solution. 

Homer_J #6 Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:05 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • 30,064
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostUserZer00, on 23 December 2017 - 05:00 PM, said:

 

And why "No"? 

 

Because you asked...

View PostUserZer00, on 23 December 2017 - 04:17 PM, said:

 

Is there any way to pay for a tank so that we can have it once we grind the required experience?

 

...and the answer is no.

 

You didn't say would it be a good idea, you asked if it it was part of the game.

 

Anyway, what you are suggesting is basically permanent discounts on everything which would break the game economy.  WG would then have to reduce credit income and you would be no better off.



UserZer00 #7 Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:09 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9945 battles
  • 512
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View PostHomer_J, on 23 December 2017 - 06:05 PM, said:

Because you asked...

...and the answer is no.

 

You didn't say would it be a good idea, you asked if it it was part of the game.

 

Anyway, what you are suggesting is basically permanent discounts on everything which would break the game economy.  WG would then have to reduce credit income and you would be no better off.

True, I should have phrased the question asking opinions on adding the possible option.

 

I don't see it as a permanent discount, more of a being able to benefit from a discount if you have the credit, but not the experience.  Don't see that breaking the game economy.  (Keeping in mind I'm not an expert on economics of course)



Balc0ra #8 Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:11 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66286 battles
  • 16,286
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostUserZer00, on 23 December 2017 - 06:00 PM, said:

And why "No"? 

 

I don't see how it would impact gameplay or anything else.  If you point out a valid logic for why it would have an impact I am ready to be convinced.  Until then it's just a possible option that hasn't yet been implemented.

 

 

Tomatoes can get up faster. And it would make time discounts pointless. And why have a game economy then? Why not have all tier 8+ at 15% permanently? Why bother if you can just freeze up a 15% discount on your next line. And then do it again later when top of the tree is on the next one, and then why not take all of it when Xmas comes to get 15% of all your planned lines for all time?

 

 

 



Eaglax #9 Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:13 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 18992 battles
  • 3,485
  • Member since:
    01-12-2012

View PostUserZer00, on 23 December 2017 - 06:00 PM, said:

 

and then......

Forget to buy during discount

Curse

Forget to buy during next discount

Curse

etc.

 

you seem to forget a lot...



Homer_J #10 Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:17 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • 30,064
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostUserZer00, on 23 December 2017 - 05:00 PM, said:

 

and then......

Forget to buy during discount

Curse

Forget to buy during next discount

Curse

etc.

 

In that case you would probably forget you had already paid for it and then start waiting for a discount.



UserZer00 #11 Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:17 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9945 battles
  • 512
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View PostBalc0ra, on 23 December 2017 - 06:11 PM, said:

 

 

Tomatoes can get up faster. And it would make time discounts pointless. And why have a game economy then? Why not have all tier 8+ at 15% permanently? Why bother if you can just freeze up a 15% discount on your next line. And then do it again later when top of the tree is on the next one, and then why not take all of it when Xmas comes to get 15% of all your planned lines for all time?

 

 

 

 

I can see that it might allow wallet warrior tomatoes to advance quicker.

 

Being only a borderline (slightly) wallet tomato I guess I am not looking at a big enough picture.

 

Rose colored glasses effect I guess.



UserZer00 #12 Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:20 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9945 battles
  • 512
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013
Hey!
I'm 52 and get a lot of aspartam in my diet.
I'm allowed to be forgetful.

(My wife gives me permission)




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users