Jump to content


Marks of Excellence on Artillery


  • Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

HeidenSieker #21 Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:09 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 10046 battles
  • 4,653
  • Member since:
    03-26-2016

View PostDianita, on 20 January 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

:medal:

 

Spoiler

 

:)I'm green....

jack_timber #22 Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:20 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 38087 battles
  • 2,950
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014

Bit late to this one....

Kind of lost my way way with artys a whiles back but decided to have another go...

So finally ground out to M40/M43, fitted 8 inch howitzer and this thing can be devastating.

Got my first MoE and managed to get 3 Gore's medals, must admit had to look up the first one never had these before. If I remember right highest damage dished out is around 4.4k, can't remember the stun though....

Long live arty:)

 



Darth_Clicker #23 Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:28 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 58913 battles
  • 3,412
  • [4RCE] 4RCE
  • Member since:
    04-30-2013

I forgot to post this here yesterday.  I created a thread with a final review of the SU-122a in the Soviet SPG section http://forum.worldof...-reviewopinion/

 

But here is the screenshot:

Posted Image



Bordhaw #24 Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:12 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 13852 battles
  • 4,107
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

Grille http://wotreplays.eu/site/3990399#swamp-bordhaw-grille

M41 HMC - no replay

 

 



Darth_Clicker #25 Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:24 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 58913 battles
  • 3,412
  • [4RCE] 4RCE
  • Member since:
    04-30-2013

I finally got my 3rd MOE on the SU-8.  http://wotreplays.eu/site/4178176

 

Posted Image


Edited by Darth_Clicker, 18 February 2018 - 06:25 PM.


mpf1959 #26 Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:33 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24124 battles
  • 1,184
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-29-2017

I have 3 stripes on the barrel of the grille, I'm sorry I cant remember when I got it, but it must be not too long as Ive only played 5 months. I have tried to screen print the garage, no luck at all!



Bordhaw #27 Posted 20 March 2018 - 07:17 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 13852 battles
  • 4,107
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017


mpf1959 #28 Posted 21 March 2018 - 11:57 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24124 battles
  • 1,184
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-29-2017
Where is that neat table from Bordhaw? I 3 striped the Hummel 2 days ago, which felt very nice! I'm starting to become a full bore arty player now, I did 3 games in a tank yesterday and only enjoyed 1 of them, in the Matilda.

Bordhaw #29 Posted 22 March 2018 - 09:43 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 13852 battles
  • 4,107
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View Postmpf1959, on 21 March 2018 - 10:57 AM, said:

Where is that neat table from Bordhaw? I 3 striped the Hummel 2 days ago, which felt very nice! I'm starting to become a full bore arty player now, I did 3 games in a tank yesterday and only enjoyed 1 of them, in the Matilda.

 

https://wotzilla.com...Details/mpf1959

mpf1959 #30 Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:38 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24124 battles
  • 1,184
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-29-2017
Thanks, that's brilliant!

Darth_Clicker #31 Posted 25 March 2018 - 05:15 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 58913 battles
  • 3,412
  • [4RCE] 4RCE
  • Member since:
    04-30-2013

I finally 2 marked my M12....now to go after the 3rd mark....I am not optimistic....:B

 

Posted Image

 

 


Edited by Darth_Clicker, 25 March 2018 - 05:16 PM.


ArgentHellion #32 Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:47 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 8645 battles
  • 163
  • Member since:
    04-19-2015

All I can do is look at this thread and cry in agony...

 

Despite the fact that I'm focusing on playing artillery, I haven't claimed a

single 2nd Mark of Excellence, let alone 3rd. The closest I ever got to it

was yesterday on the M44 with just over 84%, but then I had a streak of

infuriating losses with less than 500 damage done and I dropped down

to 79% in a flash. Up to this point today I played three battles, I won all of

them 15-4 as my team stomped the enemy... and my percentage keeps

dropping ever lower.

 

On the Lorr 155 51 I can't even get it over 60%, excellent games provide 

marginal progression but just one wreck is enough to negate everything,

and then some.

 

Guess it all comes down to bashing my head against the wall and hoping

someone on the higher end takes an eventual break, which is unlikely with

the most popular artillery pieces.

 

In all honesty I'm thinking about disabling the Marks of Excellence display

altogether, but those stripes are so damn tempting...



Darth_Clicker #33 Posted 04 April 2018 - 06:21 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 58913 battles
  • 3,412
  • [4RCE] 4RCE
  • Member since:
    04-30-2013

I understand your frustration.  What I learned is that Marks of Excellence is all about damage damage damage.....and damage. Not stun damage, not any type of assisted damage.  So, you have to basically be selfish and focus on the targets that are most likely to deliver the highest damage numbers with each hit.  So...avoid heavy tanks and heavily armored tds.  Focus on thinly armored tanks, or open top tds.  Use consumables to get your dpm up, aim time down, improve accuracy...this is a must especially for the 2nd and 3rd marks.  And you have to play a lot of battles.  If I can do it...you can do it.  Don't give up.

 

 



Hendrik3 #34 Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:42 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 2921 battles
  • 152
  • [T-ANK] T-ANK
  • Member since:
    02-04-2013
I've had a mark of excellence on my 105 leFH18B2 for a while now and yesterday got the three marks on my Grille (lot of assisted dmg)... but not a mastery badge for that battle. Kind of surprised by that, though - probably didn't get enough xp but still... three rings and no mastery seems a bit off, but it's possible apparently.

 

trispect #35 Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:53 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 33282 battles
  • 1,767
  • Member since:
    01-16-2011

View PostDarth_Clicker, on 04 April 2018 - 07:21 AM, said:

I understand your frustration.  What I learned is that Marks of Excellence is all about damage damage damage.....and damage. Not stun damage, not any type of assisted damage.  So, you have to basically be selfish and focus on the targets that are most likely to deliver the highest damage numbers with each hit.  So...avoid heavy tanks and heavily armored tds.  Focus on thinly armored tanks, or open top tds.  Use consumables to get your dpm up, aim time down, improve accuracy...this is a must especially for the 2nd and 3rd marks.  And you have to play a lot of battles.  If I can do it...you can do it.  Don't give up.

 

 

 

Nope. If you want 2nd and especially 3rd marks on arty you will have to play in platoon with two friends. This is because getting MoE's is all about being consistent and you can't be consistent when playing SPGs because there are just too many factors out of your control and so much luck needed. You will need right maps and team that is not too bad nor too good and then you need luck in hitting your target and good rolls to make decent damage instead of just crits. It's so much easier with current arties to toon with good players in two heavy tanks, track the enemies and watch assisted damage counter go crazy.   

ArgentHellion #36 Posted 04 April 2018 - 12:22 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 8645 battles
  • 163
  • Member since:
    04-19-2015

I personally tend to prioritize low-health targets, so I can take as many guns out off the battle

as fast as possible. This approach provides amazing results in skirmishes, but not in random

battles when it comes to chasing marks. Seems I'm nowhere near as selfish as I need to be...

Also, I'm running a  free-to-play account, so consumables are out of my reach.

 

After doing a bit of research I stumbled upon a strange post on the US forum, claiming that:
"The addition of the damage done while the target is stunned will raise the MoE requirements

on all SPGs (well, not the few that are tier V and above but don't get stun, like the Bert). Your

old stats without the stun damage are being compared to new stats with the stun damage so

your MoE will drop until you have played a lot more battles with the new mechanics."

 

This basically tells me I need to bash my head against the wall well over 100 battles with any piece

into the mechanic change in order for the genuine percentage to appear.

 

Regarding luck... Yeah I'm also beginning to think that it's the prevalent factor with the artillery,

since we're nearly defenseless in a 1v1 encounter. When it comes to platooning with artillery,

I don't think anyone is willing to put up with that for more than a couple of battles, especially

with me given that 9 times out of 10 I'm the last player to get killed on the team. It also doesn't

help that the whiners managed to persuade the developer to disable artillery platoons. No, I'm

one of those people with cursed luck, everything I have in life I earned through blood, sweat

and tears, and seems I'm going to have to endure the same to achieve anything notable here

as well...

 

The only upside to the long grind is fact that I'll be using my m44 to prepare extra crews for the

M53/m55 and the t92, as well as grinding the lorr 155 51 crew in favor of the BatChat 155 58.

 

 


Edited by ArgentHellion, 04 April 2018 - 12:29 PM.


mpf1959 #37 Posted 04 April 2018 - 02:28 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24124 battles
  • 1,184
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-29-2017

I have marks on 5 of my arties now, https://wotzilla.com...Details/mpf1959 and I dont have a clue how or why I got them, they just come.

 

But, I do know that every time I set out to achieve something, all I achieve is frustration. So I now just play for fun and let the other stuff sort itself out!



Orkbert #38 Posted 04 April 2018 - 03:31 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27345 battles
  • 1,997
  • Member since:
    08-29-2013

View PostHendrik3, on 04 April 2018 - 07:42 AM, said:

I've had a mark of excellence on my 105 leFH18B2 for a while now and yesterday got the three marks on my Grille (lot of assisted dmg)... but not a mastery badge for that battle. Kind of surprised by that, though - probably didn't get enough xp but still... three rings and no mastery seems a bit off, but it's possible apparently.

 

 

Actually that's not that unusual, since Marks of Excellence compares your average damage (self&assisted) with the average score of the entire community during the last 14 days, so making lots of class1 and class2 mastery badges is more helpful in getting a MoE than a single ace tanker match.

 

Heck, I even got a Mark of Excellence on my Spähpanzer Ru 251 but in all my matches with it I haven't been better than a Class2 mastery badge. (which in turn means that you don't even need Class1 badges let alone Ace tankers to get the first MoE)



Darth_Clicker #39 Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:00 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 58913 battles
  • 3,412
  • [4RCE] 4RCE
  • Member since:
    04-30-2013

View Posttrispect, on 04 April 2018 - 08:53 AM, said:

 

Nope. If you want 2nd and especially 3rd marks on arty you will have to play in platoon with two friends. This is because getting MoE's is all about being consistent and you can't be consistent when playing SPGs because there are just too many factors out of your control and so much luck needed. You will need right maps and team that is not too bad nor too good and then you need luck in hitting your target and good rolls to make decent damage instead of just crits. It's so much easier with current arties to toon with good players in two heavy tanks, track the enemies and watch assisted damage counter go crazy.   

 

This is not true.  None of my 2nd or 3rd marks have been earned in platoons, so it is not necessary...meaning you don't have to play in a platoon. 

 

I am not sure if assisted damage alone would be the best way to earn marks as the marks are based on the average of both assisted damage and non assisted damage.  I also can't verify that stun damage is counted as in the battle results stun and assisted damage are not the same.  So...I have sent a ticket to WG Customer Service asking for clarification.  I think I have read that stun damage is not used for Marks of Excellence...but I can't find where I read that.  So, it may have been something I dreamed...haha.  When, and if, I get a relevant response from WG, I will share the info in this thread.



Bordhaw #40 Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:32 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 13852 battles
  • 4,107
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostOrkbert, on 04 April 2018 - 02:31 PM, said:

 

Actually that's not that unusual, since Marks of Excellence compares your average damage (self&assisted) with the average score of the entire community during the last 14 days, so making lots of class1 and class2 mastery badges is more helpful in getting a MoE than a single ace tanker match.

 

Heck, I even got a Mark of Excellence on my Spähpanzer Ru 251 but in all my matches with it I haven't been better than a Class2 mastery badge. (which in turn means that you don't even need Class1 badges let alone Ace tankers to get the first MoE)

 

I have had some good battles this past week but only achieved a Class 1 or 2. But obviously since the new patch and and competitions there are more players playing so the average scores have increased to achieve.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users