Marks of Excellence on Artillery

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

ArgentHellion #41 Posted 05 April 2018 - 06:13 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8645 battles

View PostBordhaw, on 04 April 2018 - 09:32 PM, said:

I have had some good battles this past week but only achieved a Class 1 or 2. But obviously since the new patch and and competitions there are more players playing so the average scores have increased to achieve.

Tell me about it, back in the day I aced the m44 with barely 1500 damage, nowadays

I'm barely able to get into the 2nd Mastery Badge class with over 2000 damage output.

Just goes to show how pay-to-win the game is and how much those consumables

ramp up the average, especially against someone who can't afford to use them.

PS: The new matchmaker is also to blame for this, tier6 artillery gets dropped into

tier8 alarmingly often, and once those tier8 heavies start chewing up your team there

is virtually NOTHING you can do about it. Tier6 artillery simply CANNOT damage tier8

heavies anymore, unless you manage to hit them in the back or land your shot on their

roof, but good luck with that.

PPS: It also doesn't help that every 3rd match I'm tiered up against an E25 who, most

often than not, dominates the battle with 5+ kills in under 5 minutes.

Edited by ArgentHellion, 05 April 2018 - 06:18 PM.

Darth_Clicker #42 Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:55 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 58908 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View PostArgentHellion, on 05 April 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

Tell me about it, back in the day I aced the m44 with barely 1500 damage, nowadays

I'm barely able to get into the 2nd Mastery Badge class with over 2000 damage output.

Just goes to show how pay-to-win the game is and how much those consumables

ramp up the average, especially against someone who can't afford to use them.

PS: The new matchmaker is also to blame for this, tier6 artillery gets dropped into

tier8 alarmingly often, and once those tier8 heavies start chewing up your team there

is virtually NOTHING you can do about it. Tier6 artillery simply CANNOT damage tier8

heavies anymore, unless you manage to hit them in the back or land your shot on their

roof, but good luck with that.

PPS: It also doesn't help that every 3rd match I'm tiered up against an E25 who, most

often than not, dominates the battle with 5+ kills in under 5 minutes.

I suspect the biggest reason for the increase in M44 play is Quicky Baby's video where he revealed that the M44 is the highest credit earner in the game among non standard vehicles.  https://youtu.be/4dp_JfxraJ8?t=572  

trispect #43 Posted 06 April 2018 - 03:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 33282 battles

View PostDarth_Clicker, on 04 April 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

This is not true.  None of my 2nd or 3rd marks have been earned in platoons, so it is not necessary...meaning you don't have to play in a platoon. 

I am not sure if assisted damage alone would be the best way to earn marks as the marks are based on the average of both assisted damage and non assisted damage.  I also can't verify that stun damage is counted as in the battle results stun and assisted damage are not the same.  So...I have sent a ticket to WG Customer Service asking for clarification.  I think I have read that stun damage is not used for Marks of Excellence...but I can't find where I read that.  So, it may have been something I dreamed...haha.  When, and if, I get a relevant response from WG, I will share the info in this thread.

Which tier 8-10 arty have you 3 marked without platoon assist? Of course you can do it with lower tiers where it's still easy to do damage. I was talking about higher tiers, sorry for not specifying. 

Darth_Clicker #44 Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:46 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 58908 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View Posttrispect, on 06 April 2018 - 03:44 PM, said:

Which tier 8-10 arty have you 3 marked without platoon assist? Of course you can do it with lower tiers where it's still easy to do damage. I was talking about higher tiers, sorry for not specifying. 

I haven't 2 marked any tier 8-10 yet....working on it.  Do you have experience 2 or 3 marking any tier of arty either in platoon or solo?  I am just curious because you come across as speaking from experience.

I still don't think that being in a platoon would really help that much, you still have to deliver damage, not just assist damage and a platoon isn't going to really make a difference with normal damage.  My theory based on my experience is that you have to hit the right targets which potentially will deliver the most damage dealt per shot...and do this consistently.  So...you have to have long battles in which one team doesn't steam roll the other....and have active spotters.  

But I could be wrong and you could be right.

peregrine #45 Posted 08 April 2018 - 01:55 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 60274 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
How won't two people who are actually shooting what you stun be a massive advantage? Seeing that stun damage will make about half your actual average?

ederfe #46 Posted 08 April 2018 - 05:13 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16776 battles

View Postperegrine, on 08 April 2018 - 03:55 AM, said:

How won't two people who are actually shooting what you stun be a massive advantage? Seeing that stun damage will make about half your actual average?

Does damage done to stunned vehicles count towards MOE is the question yet to be answered.

Darth_Clicker #47 Posted 08 April 2018 - 05:21 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 58908 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View Postperegrine, on 08 April 2018 - 01:55 AM, said:

can you verify with a link to info that stun damage is counted in Marks of Excellence?  I believe I read somewhere that it doesn't, but I can find that source now  nor can I find verification on this from WG Wiki etc.  I have a ticket in at WG Customer Service asking this question, but haven't received a reply yet.

peregrine #48 Posted 08 April 2018 - 12:41 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 60274 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

https://worldoftanks...e-announcement/

Damage caused by allied SPGs to stunned enemy vehicles is now counted when calculating Marks of Excellence on the gun, together with damage caused to enemy vehicle upon track destruction and spotting, and the damage caused to the enemy vehicles.

Not exactly hard to find.

Darth_Clicker #49 Posted 08 April 2018 - 02:53 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 58908 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View Postperegrine, on 08 April 2018 - 12:41 PM, said:

Not exactly hard to find.

This does not answer the question I, and others have posed.   If I stun an enemy tank (without tracking it) with my arty and you shoot the stunned enemy tank with your tank, then  I am rewarded with assisted stun damage in the form of damage done to vehicles stunned by me.  I want to know if I, the arty player, have this type of assisted damage counted towards M.O.E.  It is clear that if I track the tank and you damage it then that assisted damage is counted.  But, is damage from the first scenario counted?  That is the question at hand. 

Your quoted statement refers to a different scenario:  If I stun an enemy tank with my arty and you shoot it with your arty and damage it, your damage dealt to my stunned tank is counted towards your M.O.E.  The statement doesn't mention counting the damage to my M.O.E as damage to a tracked tank would.

Edited by Darth_Clicker, 08 April 2018 - 02:54 PM.

Orkbert #50 Posted 08 April 2018 - 06:36 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27345 battles

View PostDarth_Clicker, on 08 April 2018 - 02:53 PM, said:

_snip-

So basically to solve the question we would need a battle (and the replay for it) in which someone gets a Mark of Excellence while doing only few damage himself but getting lots of stun assist.

If such a replay were to be found then we would know that stun would count towards MoE.

Edited by Orkbert, 08 April 2018 - 06:42 PM.

trispect #51 Posted 08 April 2018 - 09:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 33282 battles

View PostDarth_Clicker, on 08 April 2018 - 03:53 PM, said:

Your quoted statement refers to a different scenario:  If I stun an enemy tank with my arty and you shoot it with your arty and damage it, your damage dealt to my stunned tank is counted towards your M.O.E.  The statement doesn't mention counting the damage to my M.O.E as damage to a tracked tank would.

How did you get that out of the quoted text? That doesn't make any sense. Of course damage caused to any vehicle, stunned or not, is counted towards MoE, that goes without saying. 

To me that clearly says that damage caused by allied SPGs to enemy vehicle you are stunned is counted towards MoE, alongside with tracking, spotting and own damage. 

View PostOrkbert, on 08 April 2018 - 07:36 PM, said:

So basically to solve the question we would need a battle (and the replay for it) in which someone gets a Mark of Excellence while doing only few damage himself but getting lots of stun assist.

If such a replay were to be found then we would know that stun would count towards MoE.

Why don't you do that by yourself? Check your MoE percentage before battle, go only after stun assist damage and check your percentage after battle.

HeidenSieker #52 Posted 08 April 2018 - 10:17 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostDarth_Clicker, on 08 April 2018 - 02:53 PM, said:

This does not answer the question I, and others have posed.   If I stun an enemy tank (without tracking it) with my arty and you shoot the stunned enemy tank with your tank, then  I am rewarded with assisted stun damage in the form of damage done to vehicles stunned by me.  I want to know if I, the arty player, have this type of assisted damage counted towards M.O.E.

The solution is at hand. *Open a support question*! (I have done this (A.S.-> if you know the reference) ).

Then you can post the result back here. I have been told this is OK - as long as no WG staff names are mentioned, and the answer is (preferably but accurately) paraphrased - to better inform all players.

Edited by HeidenSieker, 08 April 2018 - 10:19 PM.

peregrine #53 Posted 09 April 2018 - 12:59 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 60274 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View Postederfe, on 08 April 2018 - 05:13 AM, said:

Does damage done to stunned vehicles count towards MOE is the question yet to be answered.

View PostDarth_Clicker, on 08 April 2018 - 05:21 AM, said:

can you verify with a link to info that stun damage is counted in Marks of Excellence?  I believe I read somewhere that it doesn't, but I can find that source now  nor can I find verification on this from WG Wiki etc.  I have a ticket in at WG Customer Service asking this question, but haven't received a reply yet.

https://worldoftanks...e-announcement/

Damage caused by allied SPGs to stunned enemy vehicles is now counted when calculating Marks of Excellence on the gun, together with damage caused to enemy vehicle upon track destruction and spotting, and the damage caused to the enemy vehicles.

Both of you asked if damage done to stunned vehicles is counted towards MoE. As you can read in the release notes they explicitly confirm that for allied SPGs. So yes "damage done to stunned vehicles counts towards MOE". And if you watch your moving average damage you will find that actually all stun is counted towards MoE.

Darth_Clicker #54 Posted 09 April 2018 - 05:19 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 58908 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View PostHeidenSieker, on 08 April 2018 - 10:17 PM, said:

The solution is at hand. *Open a support question*! (I have done this (A.S.-> if you know the reference) ).

Then you can post the result back here. I have been told this is OK - as long as no WG staff names are mentioned, and the answer is (preferably but accurately) paraphrased - to better inform all players.

I opened a support question several days ago and still no response except for the automated one acknowledging receipt of my ticket.  I will post the answer here.

View Postperegrine, on 09 April 2018 - 12:59 AM, said:

Both of you asked if damage done to stunned vehicles is counted towards MoE. As you can read in the release notes they explicitly confirm that for allied SPGs. So yes "damage done to stunned vehicles counts towards MOE". And if you watch your moving average damage you will find that actually all stun is counted towards MoE.

The release notes

View Posttrispect, on 08 April 2018 - 09:53 PM, said:

How did you get that out of the quoted text? That doesn't make any sense. Of course damage caused to any vehicle, stunned or not, is counted towards MoE, that goes without saying. 

To me that clearly says that damage caused by allied SPGs to enemy vehicle you are stunned is counted towards MoE, alongside with tracking, spotting and own damage. 

The statement says that damage caused by allied SPGs...is counted towards M.O.E.  It says nothing at all about damage caused by allied Tanks or TDs being counted towards M.O.E.  This statement only tells the reader that if arty stuns a vehicle and another allied SPG shoots the stunned vehicle then the damage to the stunned vehicle is counted towards M.O.E.  That is very clear if you read the sentence and take it word for word.  Never assume anything, especially in business or with WG.  When you assume something about what I say for example you might make an a$$ out of and me.  

Of course, it would be idiotic in my opinion to only award damage caused by SPGs and not damage caused by tanks/tds,, therefore I hope you are right...but once again to believe that isn't the case here is simply to assume something...

Edited by Jbnn, 16 April 2018 - 07:48 AM.

ederfe #55 Posted 09 April 2018 - 05:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16776 battles

View Postperegrine, on 09 April 2018 - 02:59 AM, said:

To nitpick: Yes it explicitly says damage done by other ally SPGs to stunned vehicles increase MOE. The quoted text doesn't however say anything about damage done by the other four classes to stunned vehicles. But as you say shouldn't be too difficult to test the way suggested. Thanks!

trispect #56 Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:27 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 33282 battles

View PostDarth_Clicker, on 09 April 2018 - 06:35 AM, said:

The release notes

The statement says that damage caused by allied SPGs...is counted towards M.O.E.  It says nothing at all about damage caused by allied Tanks or TDs being counted towards M.O.E.  This statement only tells the reader that if arty stuns a vehicle and another allied SPG shoots the stunned vehicle then the damage to the stunned vehicle is counted towards M.O.E.  That is very clear if you read the sentence and take it word for word.  Never assume anything, especially in business or with WG.  When you assume something about what I say for example you might make an a$$ out of and me.  

Yes, that's true but I was commenting on your claim: "If I stun an enemy tank with my arty and you shoot it with your arty and damage it, your damage dealt to my stunned tank is counted towards your M.O.E. "

peregrine #57 Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:49 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 60274 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
Why would I need to assume when I can look at the actual damage data or my 3 MoE on arty.

trispect #58 Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:59 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 33282 battles

View Postederfe, on 09 April 2018 - 06:52 AM, said:

To nitpick: Yes it explicitly says damage done by other ally SPGs to stunned vehicles increase MOE. The quoted text doesn't however say anything about damage done by the other four classes to stunned vehicles. But as you say shouldn't be too difficult to test the way suggested. Thanks!

But that's also out of patch notes, meaning that it could have been so that damage done to stunned vehicles by allied tanks were counted but not damage done by allied arties and it was fixed in this patch. 

But as peregrine said, you can easily check this by yourself by looking MoE percentage counter in your stats. 

peregrine #59 Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:40 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 60274 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View Posttrispect, on 09 April 2018 - 08:59 AM, said:

But as peregrine said, you can easily check this by yourself by looking MoE percentage counter in your stats. 

You can find the actual moving average damage, the one the MoE percentage is calculated from, in the replay. No need for guessing, assuming or anything. Just use the well known formula for MoE and easily do the math.

trispect #60 Posted 09 April 2018 - 12:16 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 33282 battles

View Postperegrine, on 09 April 2018 - 10:40 AM, said:

You can find the actual moving average damage, the one the MoE percentage is calculated from, in the replay. No need for guessing, assuming or anything. Just use the well known formula for MoE and easily do the math.

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users