Jump to content


Battle Royal


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

luxpitii0810 #1 Posted 23 December 2017 - 07:44 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1721 battles
  • 1
  • [LIFA] LIFA
  • Member since:
    03-02-2017

For me Wargaming still need a mode like Battle Royal. No teams. Last man standing. Would that be a good idea for the game or noy?

 


Edited by luxpitii0810, 23 December 2017 - 10:47 PM.


xx984 #2 Posted 23 December 2017 - 07:44 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 52971 battles
  • 2,380
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013
fix all the bugs and stupid crapfirst

RamRaid90 #3 Posted 23 December 2017 - 07:47 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20550 battles
  • 6,279
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014
I would like to see 15 player FFA mode, even just for an event it could be fun.

Edited by RamRaid90, 23 December 2017 - 08:22 PM.


Dava_117 #4 Posted 23 December 2017 - 07:52 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 18506 battles
  • 2,724
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014
It would just became a campfeast...

unhappy_bunny #5 Posted 23 December 2017 - 08:11 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17923 battles
  • 2,455
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

Not for me thank you. I play WoT because it is a team game not a single player one. 

 

Howevwe, some may like the idea. If it is introduced then as long as I can opt out of it, fine.


Edited by unhappy_bunny, 23 December 2017 - 08:12 PM.


RamRaid90 #6 Posted 23 December 2017 - 08:21 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20550 battles
  • 6,279
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostDava_117, on 23 December 2017 - 06:52 PM, said:

It would just became a campfeast...

 

Not if the only map is MIttengard...

 

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 23 December 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

Not for me thank you. I play WoT because it is a team game not a single player one. 

 

Howevwe, some may like the idea. If it is introduced then as long as I can opt out of it, fine.

 

As I said, it would be fine as an event.

thiextar #7 Posted 23 December 2017 - 08:31 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 15395 battles
  • 521
  • Member since:
    06-21-2012

Could be fun, do it as in pubg with an ever decreasing circle and allow platoon vs platoon ffa. Ofcurse tho, lets not forget the old s22 disaster.

 

Also, yeah, fix all broken crapfirst



Teluminos #8 Posted 23 December 2017 - 08:47 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 7370 battles
  • 76
  • [KITSU] KITSU
  • Member since:
    12-02-2010
As an event with maybe a Special tank wich you would also need to fuel and supply in a survival like fashion, yeah I could see some enjoyment out of that.

Pvt_Duffer #9 Posted 23 December 2017 - 08:49 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 16653 battles
  • 3,144
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

FFS I log in to play world tanks not PUBG, I feel it would be better to get PUBG to add tanks, so that you could ruin that

 

 



RamRaid90 #10 Posted 23 December 2017 - 08:58 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20550 battles
  • 6,279
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 23 December 2017 - 07:49 PM, said:

FFS I log in to play world tanks not PUBG, I feel it would be better to get PUBG to add tanks, so that you could ruin that

 

 

 

What is this serial aversion people seem to have with any form of special event in the game? If you want to play randoms all day every day then fine.

 

Different game modes are healthy for the game (particularly when used as special events) they allow stress relief when randoms/cw/tbs are not being kind to you.


Edited by RamRaid90, 23 December 2017 - 08:58 PM.


8126Jakobsson #11 Posted 23 December 2017 - 09:07 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 62675 battles
  • 3,090
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

And the winner would be the one that hid in a bush from the start the best and thus had most hitpoints left in the end. Call me a conservative sceptic.

A death race on the other hand..



Enforcer1975 #12 Posted 23 December 2017 - 09:10 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 20465 battles
  • 10,531
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014
...where everyone and his dog shows up with the most broken tanks of the played tier...

Derethim #13 Posted 23 December 2017 - 09:10 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17107 battles
  • 1,844
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

View PostRamRaid90, on 23 December 2017 - 08:21 PM, said:

 

 

As I said, it would be fine as an event.

View PostDava_117, on 23 December 2017 - 07:52 PM, said:

It would just became a campfeast...

 

First of all, I think it's worth trying on the level of Domination mode, not just an event. It could be a fun change to WoT and something to bring even more people in, which would probably mean more balance in lower tiers and less need for more OP premiums to milk WoT. Think of the possibilities!

And yes, Battle Royale games are all campfeasts, but this is a tactical/strategic game first of all, not some tank-version of CoD.

 

The problem with this I can see, is the lack of loot to pick-up other 'Royale titles out there have, and WoT doesen't.

 

EDIT: Yeah, limited repair kits and so, sure, but no weapons, armor etc.

 


Edited by Derethim, 23 December 2017 - 09:12 PM.


Pvt_Duffer #14 Posted 23 December 2017 - 09:19 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 16653 battles
  • 3,144
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View PostRamRaid90, on 23 December 2017 - 07:58 PM, said:

 

What is this serial aversion people seem to have with any form of special event in the game? If you want to play randoms all day every day then fine.

 

Different game modes are healthy for the game (particularly when used as special events) they allow stress relief when randoms/cw/tbs are not being kind to you.

 

Have you seen PUBG?

Get maybe one early kill if you're lucky enough to find the gun/ammo that's better than the other poor schmuck that was unfortunate enough to start in the same place as you,

then run away and avoid everything for 15 minutes while the rest go out and kill each other and hope you're the one holding the best position when the circle finally collapses far enough it's do or die.

 

I'm not averse to new game modes or special events, but as I said, I'd prefer to ruin PUBG with tanks than ruin WoT with a PUBG mode.



RamRaid90 #15 Posted 23 December 2017 - 09:47 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20550 battles
  • 6,279
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 23 December 2017 - 08:19 PM, said:

 

Have you seen PUBG?

Get maybe one early kill if you're lucky enough to find the gun/ammo that's better than the other poor schmuck that was unfortunate enough to start in the same place as you,

then run away and avoid everything for 15 minutes while the rest go out and kill each other and hope you're the one holding the best position when the circle finally collapses far enough it's do or die.

 

I'm not averse to new game modes or special events, but as I said, I'd prefer to ruin PUBG with tanks than ruin WoT with a PUBG mode.

 

Nobody mentioned anything about gun pick ups etc. This is a game with set spawns, all you would need to do is spread the 15 spawn points out around the map in a circle. The maps could be the same as we have now but instead of a square boundry line you could have a 1000m circle boundry. With each tank destroyed the boundry shrinks by 50m diameter. By the time there are only two tanks remaining the map will be a 350m circle in the center of the map. 350m diameter is big enough not to get crammed in but small enough to prevent overly long camp fests.

 

 

 

You spawn in your tank (for balance reasons it would be tier locked to say tier VI) but there is no need for power-ups/gun changes.

 

 


Edited by RamRaid90, 23 December 2017 - 09:48 PM.


Balc0ra #16 Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:28 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 64316 battles
  • 15,388
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
Oh god no. It would just be an excuse for Unknown to sue WG to.... You know, since he want's a law against copy cats for that mode. Since he clearly came up with the concept before everyone else..... even tho he helped develop one of them before he made his standalone game.

Edited by Balc0ra, 23 December 2017 - 10:28 PM.


DaddysLittlePrincess #17 Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:42 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 23981 battles
  • 193
  • Member since:
    08-14-2012
As a fun mode, with a special tank with low viewrange, why not. It could be fun. As a regular game mode, F no!

Pvt_Duffer #18 Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:56 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 16653 battles
  • 3,144
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View PostRamRaid90, on 23 December 2017 - 08:47 PM, said:

 

You spawn in your tank (for balance reasons it would be tier locked to say tier VI) but there is no need for power-ups/gun changes.

 

 

Don't get me wrong, I kind of get it, but that's why I say ruin PUBG with tanks rather than WoT with PUBG.

 

I'm not sure just a Tier lock would work, you'd probably have to have everyone in the same tank, as chances are if you didn't everyone would end up driving <OP tank of choice> anyway.

never mind the fact with diminishing circles to death-match you make view/spotting range redundant and reduce it to a HP/Alpha faceoff.

I grant 350m may mean not totally redundant, but you're still basically talking about everyone driving out in to the field in Campinovka and HP/Alpha/Focus trading

 

Maybe...if you start on say a 3 or 4K map..but then..too much time driving around doing nothing.

 

So, sorry. Not convinced.

Edit: despite the guilt I feel as a result of disagreeing with the the person who made Claus' Channel and are therefore now a <deity of choice>

 

 

Edit 2: Not sure about the apostrophe, apologies, no doubt someone will edify me.


Edited by Pvt_Duffer, 23 December 2017 - 11:08 PM.


Derethim #19 Posted 24 December 2017 - 02:38 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17107 battles
  • 1,844
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 23 December 2017 - 10:56 PM, said:

Don't get me wrong, I kind of get it, but that's why I say ruin PUBG with tanks rather than WoT with PUBG.

 

I'm not sure just a Tier lock would work, you'd probably have to have everyone in the same tank, as chances are if you didn't everyone would end up driving <OP tank of choice> anyway.

never mind the fact with diminishing circles to death-match you make view/spotting range redundant and reduce it to a HP/Alpha faceoff.

I grant 350m may mean not totally redundant, but you're still basically talking about everyone driving out in to the field in Campinovka and HP/Alpha/Focus trading

 

Maybe...if you start on say a 3 or 4K map..but then..too much time driving around doing nothing.

 

So, sorry. Not convinced.

Edit: despite the guilt I feel as a result of disagreeing with the the person who made Claus' Channel and are therefore now a <deity of choice>

 

 

Edit 2: Not sure about the apostrophe, apologies, no doubt someone will edify me.

Still, large map, only 8 tier-locked people, lower-end viewranges of about 340, about tier VI vehicles. Fewer bushes, small spread-out villages and rocks across the map.

Wargaming has made worse decisions, than this. A LOT WORSE. If they put it at tier V-VI, I don't see a problem. Also in randoms later-on, with an option to turn it off and a tradeoff for some +10% credits and XP for playing it, since it's sure to take longer to win.



AvengerOrion #20 Posted 24 December 2017 - 03:54 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 25351 battles
  • 1,036
  • Member since:
    12-21-2013

View PostDerethim, on 24 December 2017 - 02:38 AM, said:

Still, large map, only 8 tier-locked people, lower-end viewranges of about 340, about tier VI vehicles. Fewer bushes, small spread-out villages and rocks across the map.

Wargaming has made worse decisions, than this. A LOT WORSE. If they put it at tier V-VI, I don't see a problem. Also in randoms later-on, with an option to turn it off and a tradeoff for some +10% credits and XP for playing it, since it's sure to take longer to win.

 

Knowing WG, 1 guy would spawn in the middle of an open field while the next guy spawns between 2 houses and a bush and number 3 spawns inside a church and is stuck for the whole round.

Their actions for the last 2-3 years haven't been exactly favourable for WG's street cred.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users