WG, just what the *edited* are you doing?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

TsundereWaffle #1 Posted 23 December 2017 - 09:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25812 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

Rear-mounted Turret Tank Destroyers

USSR2

The SU-100 line is getting reshaped into assault TDs. Mobile and bouncy, they’re destined for mid-to-close combat. It’s where they can angle to deflect shells and leverage maneuverability to perform quick assaults, dismantling enemies with high-DPM guns.

Although Wargaming is working out the final setup, you can expect several big comebacks and a major reshuffle at Tiers IX–X:

• SU-122-54 gets removed.
  • SU-101M1 and SU-101 return to Tiers VII and VIII, respectively.
  • Object 268 Variant 4 will replace the Object 263 at Tier X, while the latter will move to Tier IX.

USSR3

So, this garbage was announced on WG Fest. I already made a previous topic about why these changes are just absolutely stupid, and there are other topics as well. On the Russian forum WG received an insane amount of complaints because the changes were simply put retarded. And now for some reason WG still decides, even after saying themselves the changes were bad, to introduce them anyways. Well then, WG's answer to solving the issue of a very unpopular, underperforming line, nerf the tanks and introduce a really crappy T10 TD, and hell, lets remove the SU-122-54 whilst we're at it, nobody would mind that right? Just... what are you doing?

Also, excuses for the massive gap at the top of the page, for some reason I can't seem to get rid of it...

Edited by TsundereWaffle, 23 December 2017 - 09:16 PM.

CrySpy #2 Posted 23 December 2017 - 09:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21754 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Well the Type 5 is hard to play and the Leopard can't be budffed because that would turn it OP. What did you expect?

Derethim #3 Posted 23 December 2017 - 09:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16426 battles

OH MY GOD AND I THOUGHT THEY WERE DONE JESUS CHRIST

Why can't they just add V4 as another tier X option, like the 113 and 5A?

JUST
KEEP

IT

AS

IT

IS

Edited by Derethim, 24 December 2017 - 08:48 AM.

AvengerOrion #4 Posted 23 December 2017 - 09:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25317 battles

Block Quote

WG, just what the f*ck are you doing?

They are screwing up tanklines, so that players get triggered about it, start grinding the tanklines and are too busy to notice/complain about everything else WG fails at.

Wargaming used smokescreen, it's super effective.

Edited by AvengerOrion, 23 December 2017 - 09:24 PM.

VsUK #5 Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14288 battles

View PostAvengerOrion, on 23 December 2017 - 08:24 PM, said:

They are screwing up tanklines, so that players get triggered about it, start grinding the tanklines and are too busy to notice/complain about everything else WG fails at.

Wargaming used smokescreen, it's super effective.

You mean like making the game fun, fair & balanced for a number of years & then when people have spent a lot of time invested into their accounts. They use that against us. Making changes, subtle but on top of other changes, we don't realise whats happening until it's too late, like if we had an early warning we could do anything about it. Like removing weak spots from tanks & call it balancing under the smokescreen of HD tank skins. The sheer utter randomness of shot results is outstandingly stupid. In what world does a Badger take damage frontal from a anything at distance? Its a beast frontal. But, everything seems to just go through it like the side armour. 
Then you have maps remade to include dips & rises. We think it looks cool for meds & heavy tanks. But then they introduce high tier lights with stupid spotting ability & you cant do anything about it because you could drive right by them & not spot them. Then they introduce splash. Stupid rewards for an arty's inability to hit their target. 

That's the game side of things. Now look at their business practices. Firstly, it's against EU law to provide in game purchase's of anything that offers a random reward. That's called a raffle/lottery & a form of betting & not allowed what so ever in a game, especially a game branded as Free to play. But then they break the EU naming rules of Free to play. Because they make it so damn difficult to play the game for free, you have no real choice but to play premium or you won't make anything to buy tanks. 

I'm looking forward to when the UK is out of the EU. Then WG will no longer be able to channel purchases from UK players through Luxembourg. Because tax in the UK will be paid on sales of any goods or services from within the UK. Meaning, you could be on the moon, offering digital downloads of anything. If someone in the UK buys one, you pay UK tax on that sale, end of. 

Hardass #6 Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 32519 battles

Stop Flapping its not confirmed yet and look at this video skip to 1 min 15 sec's and listen.

Edited by Hardass, 23 December 2017 - 10:12 PM.

SuedKAT #7 Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:16 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Hmm: http://forum.worldof...swap-cancelled/

View PostCobra6, on 12 December 2017 - 02:53 PM, said:

According to Milos Jerabek (development director) and his yesterday stream, changes in the Object 263 line are cancelled for now. Or at least removing/downtiering 263 itself is out of question, since Object 268 v4 appeared to be an unsuitable replacement.

https://thearmoredpa...swap-cancelled/

monthey_ #8 Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34038 battles
  • [MAROC] MAROC
Take a populare t10 TD and move it in an unpopulair tree, make people grind this pos tree to get the said TD introduce so called reason so to mask the reason why they made this move, people spend money free XPing pos TDs to get the T9 and T10 = ez money for WG.

Balc0ra #9 Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62749 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
You been away or? They did cancel those TD line changes 20 days ago. And... the rage fest about that line change did last 2 months before that. With daily topics about it.

TsundereWaffle #10 Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25812 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostBalc0ra, on 23 December 2017 - 10:25 PM, said:

You been away or? They did cancel those TD line changes 20 days ago. And... the rage fest about that line change did last 2 months before that. With daily topics about it.

View PostSuedKAT, on 23 December 2017 - 10:16 PM, said:

Today, at WG Fest they announced that the changes will go through.

Please bother to actually read the OP next time ;)

Edited by TsundereWaffle, 23 December 2017 - 11:14 PM.

DragonSenpai_ #11 Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9535 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
https://thearmoredpa...t-2/#more-61752
I think this says enough to the naysayers about what WG is planning

soul3ater #12 Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18438 battles
  • [OMNIA] OMNIA

trusting anything that comes out of WG is your undoing.

they break promises and constantly lie. 

fighting_falcon93 #13 Posted 24 December 2017 - 12:06 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 29326 battles

View PostHardass, on 23 December 2017 - 10:11 PM, said:

Stop Flapping its not confirmed yet and look at this video skip to 1 min 15 sec's and listen.

The 12th of december they said they cancelled the swap. Now the clowns have got drunk again and try to get the change through again...

No, I won't stop "flapping" :angry:

SuedKAT #14 Posted 24 December 2017 - 12:09 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTsundereWaffle, on 23 December 2017 - 11:10 PM, said:

Today, at WG Fest they announced that the changes will go through.

Please bother to actually read the OP next time ;)

Well I did but my "Hmm" still stands, it was not long ago they seemed to scrap the idea for this so I'm not sure if they actually will do this or not. Sure the announcement they did at WG Fest might be seen as an official statement, but it might for all we know have been written and planned way in advanced, WG ain't exactly masters when it comes to public relations after all. But then again I wouldn't be surprised if they killed of another somewhat unique tank and made it into a copy paste model of something else, it seems to be the new balance idea after all...

I for sure hope they won't go through with this.

TsundereWaffle #15 Posted 24 December 2017 - 12:32 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25812 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostSuedKAT, on 24 December 2017 - 12:09 AM, said:

Well I did but my "Hmm" still stands, it was not long ago they seemed to scrap the idea for this so I'm not sure if they actually will do this or not. Sure the announcement they did at WG Fest might be seen as an official statement, but it might for all we know have been written and planned way in advanced, WG ain't exactly masters when it comes to public relations after all. But then again I wouldn't be surprised if they killed of another somewhat unique tank and made it into a copy paste model of something else, it seems to be the new balance idea after all...

I for sure hope they won't go through with this.

It isn’t hard to scram things they have planned though... just leave it out of the presentation, cut it out of the pre made video etc. but then again, wg is just lazy...

ZlatanArKung #16 Posted 24 December 2017 - 12:38 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
[edited]retarded WG lieing again.
Listen to costumers?  Ye sure, byou ignoring them.
[edited]you WG.

SuedKAT #17 Posted 24 December 2017 - 12:44 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTsundereWaffle, on 24 December 2017 - 12:32 AM, said:

It isn’t hard to scram things they have planned though... just leave it out of the presentation, cut it out of the pre made video etc. but then again, wg is just lazy...

Yeah it's WG we're talking about, but after reading this it don't look positive: https://worldoftanks...s/2018-preview/

Derethim #18 Posted 24 December 2017 - 02:26 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16426 battles

View PostVsUK, on 23 December 2017 - 10:04 PM, said:

You mean like making the game fun, fair & balanced for a number of years & then when people have spent a lot of time invested into their accounts. They use that against us. Making changes, subtle but on top of other changes, we don't realise whats happening until it's too late, like if we had an early warning we could do anything about it. Like removing weak spots from tanks & call it balancing under the smokescreen of HD tank skins. The sheer utter randomness of shot results is outstandingly stupid. In what world does a Badger take damage frontal from a anything at distance? Its a beast frontal. But, everything seems to just go through it like the side armour. 
Then you have maps remade to include dips & rises. We think it looks cool for meds & heavy tanks. But then they introduce high tier lights with stupid spotting ability & you cant do anything about it because you could drive right by them & not spot them. Then they introduce splash. Stupid rewards for an arty's inability to hit their target. 

That's the game side of things. Now look at their business practices. Firstly, it's against EU law to provide in game purchase's of anything that offers a random reward. That's called a raffle/lottery & a form of betting & not allowed what so ever in a game, especially a game branded as Free to play. But then they break the EU naming rules of Free to play. Because they make it so damn difficult to play the game for free, you have no real choice but to play premium or you won't make anything to buy tanks. 

I'm looking forward to when the UK is out of the EU. Then WG will no longer be able to channel purchases from UK players through Luxembourg. Because tax in the UK will be paid on sales of any goods or services from within the UK. Meaning, you could be on the moon, offering digital downloads of anything. If someone in the UK buys one, you pay UK tax on that sale, end of. 

Finnaly some insightful comment, I could agree to this, especially the britain part.

But, the problem is, Wargaming is officialy based on Cyprus, shady as it is and has an "important building" in Minsk. Talk about evading taxes and covering up bad business.

EDIT: Btw, this is their HQ's building in Cyprus

Spoiler

MOAR EDIT: Actually, you don't get illegaly great taxes on Cyprus, but it's the highest-benefit legal tax reduction in EU. Talk about being savvy.

Edited by Derethim, 24 December 2017 - 02:33 AM.

Spurtung #19 Posted 24 December 2017 - 04:27 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 60039 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
Don't expect any WG-EU official response about any of this, they're even more clueless about what's happening and won't put their name on the line. I guess they just need a bigger bucket to keep milking the cow around here. Nothing to see, smile and wave.

leggasiini #20 Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:08 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 9529 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Just pointing out that the Object 263 mounts a M62 in the 2nd screenshot. They also mention that the line will have ”high DPM” now. So  what I expect:

- they want to take SU-122-54 from the branch, so they downtier 263 and give it same guns as SU

- 268 V4 will be tier X and it will (presumably) get the same gun as Object 263 so it will end up being practically identical (possibly bit stronger) vehicle.

I guess it kinda makes ”sense” assuming they wanted to keep the rear casemates accross the entire line. So basically, they might want to keep the theme of the line like it is now but just make the progression ”smoother”, I guess. However, I would have still kept the line unchanged and just buff the tanks. At very least it seems like they are not going to use that autistic accuracy and DPM stats so there is that, could be worse.

However, it would be such a big shame if they completely removed the SU-122-54, it is actually a kinda iconic vehicle (I.E, as it was mass produced). They should make a own minibranch for it, or at very least make it a reward vehicle.

Ehh.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users