Jump to content


Holiday Tag Team: Mauerbrecher and T92


  • Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 24 December 2017 - 06:00 AM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 25,680
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Get your hands on these new Tier VIII Premium steel beasts!

The full text of the news item

resdek #2 Posted 24 December 2017 - 06:07 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 29982 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    07-27-2011
The Mauerbrecher is not a competitive tank in the current meta (it is inferior to the tech tree VK at tier 8). The T92 is a good light tank.

Snake_Keeper #3 Posted 24 December 2017 - 06:19 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8709 battles
  • 705
  • Member since:
    02-04-2016

Ouch, only for 10 euros more than the Mauerbrecher standard I bought a water pump + seal + belt + tensioner + crank seals set for my car. Then the advent offer brings it up to par when shipping costs are added. The supreme is what it costs to have those spare parts installed. Hmmm...more spare parts for my car, or a sanely balanced tier 8 tank that will get murdered by the unsanely balanced tanks in the same tier. :unsure:

 

When someone can start maintaining their car for the price of a tank offer set, you really should start considering whether or not your pricing policies are entirely sane. 360 days of premium account costs less than the supreme package!


Edited by Snake_Keeper, 24 December 2017 - 06:23 AM.


Lorensoth #4 Posted 24 December 2017 - 06:32 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17842 battles
  • 267
  • Member since:
    06-17-2011

Supreme pack comes with 20k gold tho, as right now, you can get year of premium time for 20400gold, in game. Not saying it is a must buy, but its not direct compare either.

This seems fairly balanced tank overall, atleast, very similar to vk100, except, have more obvious weak spots.

I'm sure most player will be crying on forum for a while tho, just like happend with defender.



Ahamnos #5 Posted 24 December 2017 - 06:36 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 899 battles
  • 51
  • [ZMFOU] ZMFOU
  • Member since:
    12-02-2017

View PostCommunity, on 24 December 2017 - 06:00 AM, said:

Get your hands on these new Tier VIII Premium steel beasts!
<a href="https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/special-offers/mauerbrecher-introduction/">The full text of the news item</a>

 

beast?

DONT THINK SO

https://www.youtube....tz3PD3rKDM&t=0s

https://www.youtube....tz3PD3rKDM&t=0s



The_Sore_Loser #6 Posted 24 December 2017 - 08:18 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 10668 battles
  • 22
  • [KTT] KTT
  • Member since:
    07-08-2012
Im not realy a fan of this clownpainted version.

I prefer the one with the bycicle tho.
So il wait when we are able to get that1.

Boris_Radijacija_86 #7 Posted 24 December 2017 - 08:35 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 5415 battles
  • 116
  • [V0LV0] V0LV0
  • Member since:
    06-08-2017
Someone call Cobra_6 THIS IS HIS DAY!

Smelly_Cat #8 Posted 24 December 2017 - 08:43 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21807 battles
  • 457
  • Member since:
    05-06-2011
Cobra wants 13-57 and 62 only. T92 is too weak, just like a turbo-charged American Scorpion. I decided NOT to buy it but grabbed a Blackdog yesterday. The Mauerbrencher is more like a German Tog II*...:trollface:

falcon_96 #9 Posted 24 December 2017 - 08:49 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22740 battles
  • 335
  • Member since:
    05-11-2012
There is, perhaps, hope for WG. I was afraid they would sell the Defender today.
For me, the mauerbrecher is a well balanced tank, a good balancing philosophy would be to release premiums slightly worse then the regular tanks and then if stats show they are underperforming apply small, careful, buffs to make them competitive, but not overpowered.

Sturmi_0545 #10 Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:05 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 41225 battles
  • 447
  • [SNOB] SNOB
  • Member since:
    02-24-2011

so, as an appropriate thank you to WG for how they treat their community, their game(s), and the "tanks heritage" specifically, it's either spending €42 on a superheavy clown tank, or play tier VII-X arty until the end of the holidays, to troll the Mauerbrecher horde.

 

lets talk business as soon as you remove the silly camo, the childish "background story" and apply some discount to it.


Edited by Sturmi_0545, 24 December 2017 - 09:25 AM.


Remarius #11 Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:07 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6244 battles
  • 40
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011

View Postfalcon_96, on 24 December 2017 - 07:49 AM, said:

There is, perhaps, hope for WG. I was afraid they would sell the Defender today.
For me, the mauerbrecher is a well balanced tank, a good balancing philosophy would be to release premiums slightly worse then the regular tanks and then if stats show they are underperforming apply small, careful, buffs to make them competitive, but not overpowered.

 

I think you just said - WG should screw any earlier buyers and use them as test subjects who have to pay real money for the experience? ;)

 



Remarius #12 Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:11 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6244 battles
  • 40
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011

Curious about that very odd description though:

 

What's so great about the Mauerbrecher?

  • Armour: This German has a lot of it, which makes it incredibly difficult for the enemy to defeat, at least frontally. Side-scraping works as well, but with a frontally mounted turret, this is something you don't really need to do.
  • Firepower: It doesn't just take, but deals plenty of damage as well. While it's not the main strength of the Mauerbrecher, it's able to smack anyone for high damage trying to attack this massive bunker.
  • Size: The Mauerbrecher is a quite huge beast and therefore an easy target. You'll feel most at home in urban combat, where you're safe from artillery and long-range fire.
  • Mobility: Of course, the mobility is rather limited. Decide from the start where you want to go, and keep pushing the enemy until there's nothing left but smoking wrecks.

WG seem to be confused by English: If you angle you open up an extra large weak spot so not a good idea and since when were "limited" mobility and being an "easy target" "great"?


Edited by Daxeno, 25 December 2017 - 02:09 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to use of the red color.


falcon_96 #13 Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:24 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22740 battles
  • 335
  • Member since:
    05-11-2012

View PostRemarius, on 24 December 2017 - 08:07 AM, said:

 

I think you just said - WG should screw any earlier buyers and use them as test subjects who have to pay real money for the experience? ;)

 

 

Better that way than releasing balance breaking premiums only with limited internal testing. Besides, WG customers are not mindless, if the newly released premium sucks, sales would be poor and that will be the first indicator for WG to buff the tank.
I don't mean release premiums in the state the FV4202 was for example,but leave them slightly lacking in certain areas, and if the tank sells well and the players are happy, then GG, if the tank is underperforming, WG can safely buff it slightly without making it OP.

ShadowWithin #14 Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:42 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 27977 battles
  • 79
  • Member since:
    04-15-2011

View Postfalcon_96, on 24 December 2017 - 08:49 AM, said:

There is, perhaps, hope for WG. I was afraid they would sell the Defender today.
For me, the mauerbrecher is a well balanced tank, a good balancing philosophy would be to release premiums slightly worse then the regular tanks and then if stats show they are underperforming apply small, careful, buffs to make them competitive, but not overpowered.

 

defender is currently in hype building state don't worry his sale time will come just like hype 59 and every other tank in this game...

Remarius #15 Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:56 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6244 battles
  • 40
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011

View Postfalcon_96, on 24 December 2017 - 08:24 AM, said:

 

Better that way than releasing balance breaking premiums only with limited internal testing. Besides, WG customers are not mindless, if the newly released premium sucks, sales would be poor and that will be the first indicator for WG to buff the tank.
I don't mean release premiums in the state the FV4202 was for example,but leave them slightly lacking in certain areas, and if the tank sells well and the players are happy, then GG, if the tank is underperforming, WG can safely buff it slightly without making it OP.

 

Its ok as much as I joke about it I get your meaning. My problem with this tank though is this isn't just slightly worse than the silver version - its essentially just a loot pinata in its current state as its very slow moving compared to its tier 8 competitors and has not one, not two but potentially 4 serious weak spots from the front even before you get to the traditional sides and rear which will be totally reliant on others defending with its turning circle. That would be reasonable if it wasn't meeting tier 9-10's in most of its matches but it will be. Even my Skorpion G etc at tier 8 make swiss cheese of this because it caters to the 3-5-7 matchmaker as it uses mobility to make itself useful. The Mauerbrecher however brings nothing to the game and will be an exercise in utter frustration for its pilots. I'd love to have it as a crew trainer for my E-100 I just bought with the 15% off but I just can't imagine how frustrating an experience it will be. Currently I'm just planning to use my very first premium aka the Lowe for the same role and then max out crew training speed for that extra loader which no one calls overpowered (if they're sane) but at least is a good example of a premium as its solid in its role.

 


Edited by Remarius, 24 December 2017 - 09:57 AM.


guest273 #16 Posted 24 December 2017 - 10:16 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 35394 battles
  • 2,261
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012

Wargaming... really???

(rant about Mauserbrecher)
 

So in the recent patches (last 6 or slightly more months) you keep adding more and more and more pay to win premium tanks (Patriot, Defender, Chrysler, Scorpion G, Chinese T8 TD aka the 'GTFO-111-lol-FGT' - just to name a few) or "balancing" older tanks (Caernarvon, AT-15, Lōwe) or adding new strong tanks in the game (UDES 03, VK 100.01P) in such a way that they are actually imbalanced more than anything else...

 

Alright, back in the day when T6 and T8 was still used for semi-competitive or competitive reasons it made sense. Don't have the time to grind out a T-34-85, buy Rudy. Don't have time to grind out Cromwell on your new account? Cromwell B is the solution. These clone tanks were really annoying, yes but it made some sense to have them.

But even back then it was really triggering.

 

Adding unique premium tanks is still really cool vs cloning a tank that has people ranting about how broken the tank is, not cool.

 

Bonus sarcasm: Oh, lemme guess - this Mauserbrecher compared to the VK 100.01 (P) which is really weak, probably has 420 view range vs 400 (because it needs it), it probably has 50mm more armor on all sides, probably has 2-3 degrees bigger armor slope, probably has a machine-gun in the front that looks like a logical weak spot but has 2 times more armor than the hull and the hatch on top of the turret has 3 times more armor than the rest of the turret, because fake weakspots - heeeeey.

No really, who had the idea of fake weak spots?



Remarius #17 Posted 24 December 2017 - 10:27 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6244 battles
  • 40
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011

View Postguest273, on 24 December 2017 - 09:16 AM, said:

Wargaming... really???

(rant about Mauserbrecher)
 

So in the recent patches (last 6 or slightly more months) you keep adding more and more and more pay to win premium tanks (Patriot, Defender, Chrysler, Scorpion G, Chinese T8 TD aka the 'GTFO-111-lol-FGT' - just to name a few) or "balancing" older tanks (Caernarvon, AT-15, Lōwe) or adding new strong tanks in the game (UDES 03, VK 100.01P) in such a way that they are actually imbalanced more than anything else...

 

Alright, back in the day when T6 and T8 was still used for semi-competitive or competitive reasons it made sense. Don't have the time to grind out a T-34-85, buy Rudy. Don't have time to grind out Cromwell on your new account? Cromwell B is the solution. These clone tanks were really annoying, yes but it made some sense to have them.

But even back then it was really triggering.

 

Adding unique premium tanks is still really cool vs cloning a tank that has people ranting about how broken the tank is, not cool.

 

Bonus sarcasm: Oh, lemme guess - this Mauserbrecher compared to the VK 100.01 (P) which is really weak, probably has 420 view range vs 400 (because it needs it), it probably has 50mm more armor on all sides, probably has 2-3 degrees bigger armor slope, probably has a machine-gun in the front that looks like a logical weak spot but has 2 times more armor than the hull and the hatch on top of the turret has 3 times more armor than the rest of the turret, because fake weakspots - heeeeey.

No really, who had the idea of fake weak spots?

 

What? I can't even tell if you're joking or being serious in that "rant". There are multiple review out about its weak spots and capabilities already so you might want to check them before posting. ;)

 

 



guest273 #18 Posted 24 December 2017 - 10:31 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 35394 battles
  • 2,261
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012

What's so great about the Mauerbrecher?

  • Armour: This German has a lot of it, which makes it incredibly difficult for the enemy to defeat, at least frontally. Side-scraping works as well, but with a frontally mounted turret, this is something you don't really need to do.
  • Armour Translation: A lot, actually more than it needs. It will make the enemy shoot gold shells furiously, especially frontally. If you're bad sidescraping is not even needed.
  • Firepower: It doesn't just take, but deals plenty of damage as well. While it's not the main strength of the Mauerbrecher, it's able to smack anyone for high damage trying to attack this massive bunker.
  • Firepower Translation: Not only is it a damage sponge, it's also a dpm machine. While it's not the main strength of the tank, it's probably able to spam deadly HE or just pen you randomly, when you're meeting it for the first time ever and thus probably smack you for 500+, thus discouraging you ever trying to face it again.
  • Size: The Mauerbrecher is a quite huge beast and therefore an easy target. You'll feel most at home in urban combat, where you're safe from artillery and long-range fire.
  • Size translation: Perfect size, cupola goes above all the bushes, the cupola nearly reaches the sun. You will be spotted when spawning just like in Mittengard. If you shoot at this guy while he's 400m away trough 5, 10, even 15 bushes, the guy will spot you anyway. (Why does it need 400m view range????)
  • Mobility: Of course, the mobility is rather limited. Decide from the start where you want to go, and keep pushing the enemy until there's nothing left but smoking wrecks.
  • Mobility translation: Players dislike slow tanks, so we gave it acceptable speed. (lmao probably as fast as other T8 heaves. I'm thinking about FCM 50 (t) ayyy lmao )


guest273 #19 Posted 24 December 2017 - 10:34 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 35394 battles
  • 2,261
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012
Why did you add this Mauser tank? If players can't get past the Tiger (P) grind to get the VK 100.01 (P) they probably deserve a 4h long unskippable trololololol tutorial not the ability to buy one.

guest273 #20 Posted 24 December 2017 - 10:39 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 35394 battles
  • 2,261
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012

View PostRemarius, on 24 December 2017 - 09:27 AM, said:

What? I can't even tell if you're joking or being serious in that "rant". There are multiple review out about its weak spots and capabilities already so you might want to check them before posting. ;)

 

WG, the word weak spot means something else than you think it means

 

Edit: You might wanna get more than 4k battles before posting *autistic mlg get rekt montage starts playing*


Edited by guest273, 24 December 2017 - 10:40 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users