average guy

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Pandabird #1 Posted 24 December 2017 - 07:24 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33973 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF

Been eyeing that Löwe for a while now, -15% discount really making my finger itch as i hover my mouse over the purchase button.

Already bought myself the ravioli, the 6k pricetag is frankly a steal, and i was lacking a crewtrainer for the baguettes.

Then again there's FCM50T, a tank i've been wanting for years. How does it hold up these days? Back in the day it was a solid heavium afaik.

And then there's swedish TD or Chingchong TD. Don't enjoy the udes tho, it's too limited at what it does and haven't even started the hong kongers yet.

IS-6 seems just meh, already have my weezee for pen nothing heavy games.

T 34 seems pointless as i got that freebie patrick starfish tank (i really feel like patrick playing it, dumb easy to play can't take it seriously)

Sooo,,,,, should i grab the Löwe? Doubt it'll get any cheaper than this. Or the other options better in any way?

etody77 #2 Posted 24 December 2017 - 07:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 58595 battles
  • [PT-RO] PT-RO
take the little maus

Flapjackbatter #3 Posted 24 December 2017 - 07:30 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6582 battles

Yes, I would altso like to hear more experienced players opinion on this.

But is the Löve still 15% off?

Havenless #4 Posted 24 December 2017 - 07:32 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 413 battles

FCM is outdated in every shape and form. To the extent where preferential matchmaking doesn't save it, which is pretty bad. Same with T34 and IS-6. IS-6 is still fine if you go full gold but not the overpowered monster it was just a year ago and doesn't make a whole lot of credits if you are mostly shooting APCR.

Löwe is much better than in the past and one of the better tier 8 heavies but still suffers from the tier 8 normal matchmaking syndrome where it plays as a slow support tank in 80% of the battles as it's rarely top tier. Is there a point in playing any armored tank except like Defender with broken armor, when in most battles it's just deadweight? The combination of turret armor and gun depression still works but it doesn't feel like a heavy in most battles.

The Chinese TD is probably the best tier 8 TD in the game because it has view range, mobility and effective armor when top tier and a lot of DPM, alpha, penetration and camo when bottom. It's basically a mix of a TD and a medium, though the lack of turret(as well as the bad gun handling) is still a limitation.

STRV S1 I'd describe as a tank that's an outstanding sniper in a game in which sniping doesn't win games. Still a good damage/money farmer but I find it hard to recommend it to anyone over its Chinese counterpart.

Pandabird #5 Posted 24 December 2017 - 07:33 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33973 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF

View PostFlapjackbatter, on 24 December 2017 - 08:30 AM, said:

Yes, I would altso like to hear more experienced players opinion on this.

But is the Löve still 15% off?

*all* T8 - T10 tanks are -15% atm, at least in techtree.

arthurwellsley #6 Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:03 AM

Major

• Player
  • 50497 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
I will only comment on the tanks that I own and play. 
FCM
Due to power creep this tank is no longer fun. Avoid. 
IS6
Not the monster that it used to be? Now requires the use of more premium rounds so not as profitable as in the past. Still decent and playable. 
Lowe
Went through a period of being unusable due to prior creep. However WG recent buffs have made it sound again. This is a support heavy. It can be fun to play. The turret is surprisingly good. It can be very profitable as s silver earner. 

I do not own the Swedish or Chinese TDs.

I would recommend the Lowe in it's current state.

magkiln #7 Posted 24 December 2017 - 11:37 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21948 battles
  • [EKKE] EKKE

View PostPandabird, on 24 December 2017 - 07:24 AM, said:

Been eyeing that Löwe for a while now, -15% discount really making my finger itch as i hover my mouse over the purchase button.

Already bought myself the ravioli, the 6k pricetag is frankly a steal, and i was lacking a crewtrainer for the baguettes.

Then again there's FCM50T, a tank i've been wanting for years. How does it hold up these days? Back in the day it was a solid heavium afaik.

And then there's swedish TD or Chingchong TD. Don't enjoy the udes tho, it's too limited at what it does and haven't even started the hong kongers yet.

T 34 seems pointless as i got that freebie patrick starfish tank (i really feel like patrick playing it, dumb easy to play can't take it seriously)

Sooo,,,,, should i grab the Löwe? Doubt it'll get any cheaper than this. Or the other options better in any way?

The Lowe is a solid performer, as long as you exercise reasonable caution. It's arguably the only one of the 'old' tier 8 premium heavies that's still competitive. The problem is that it's boring. You sit on your butt and fire shots at whatever pops up. It just cannot maneouvre, even after the latest buff. If you play the German heavy lines, it can be a decent crewtrainer, though the new VK168 is better for the purpose. I have a fondness for the Lowe (It was the first tier 8 tank that I got a MoE on), but there are more interesting tanks. In fact, the VK4503 tier 7 heavy can be more fun to play.

The others.

• IS6 is dead and gone even with preferential matchmaking. The gun is useless unless you are top tier and even then it's substandard Don't waste your money. If you want a crewtrainer for RUssian heavies, get one of the Lower tier premiums (CHurchil3, KV220 or IS2B) Or even the KV5, at least that one is fun to play.
  • FCM50T is still playable, but definitely suffering from power creep. Besides, it's more like a medium than a heavy. If you need a  French heavy crewtrainer, buy the Liberte instead.It's just a better tank.
  • Swedish TD is good, but situational. It will do well on large  open maps with long fire range and bushes for concealment. But it's a one-trick pony; it suffers badly on small maps and in cities. I would only recommend it if you plan to grind the Swedish TD tree anyway and want to learn how to use siege-mode.
  • Chinese TD is more of a streetfighter. It excells at short range ambushing and dogfighting. Can be fun to play, but not the easiest tank to work with and, frankly, the Chinese TD line bores me.
  • T34 became pointless the moment the Patriot was introduced and it wasn't much good to begin with. Terrible manoeuvrability, poor gun handling, no hull armour.

Edited by magkiln, 24 December 2017 - 11:43 AM.

THE_JACK_OF_HEARTS #8 Posted 24 December 2017 - 04:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8998 battles
  • [CMC3] CMC3
new mini maus.

SABAOTH #9 Posted 24 December 2017 - 04:26 PM

Major

• Player
  • 36420 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostPandabird, on 24 December 2017 - 07:24 AM, said:

Get Lowe, you won't regret it.

Good gun, you don't need gold (except for Tier 9 - 10 japs) and turret is pretty good.

Spurtung #10 Posted 24 December 2017 - 05:02 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 60137 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
Löwe is solid AF.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users