Wargaming.net Game Center Crashing

launcher crash update connection beta

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

KhanBreaker #1 Posted 24 December 2017 - 01:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7275 battles

I wanted to ask if anyone ever had the same problem, and does he have an idea how to fix it.

Whenever I open the Wargaming.net Game Center it freezes after a few seconds and then, if I click on it, it crashes saying that the process has stopped working.

Before I uninstalled WoT, as long as I did not click on it, it would not crash and just say that there is an issue with the connection and will try again in 30 seconds. (it still didn't update)

The only way for it not to crash now, is to pause the update process on all the games. I can't play any of them anymore. Support was useless as always (pretty sure I was talking to either a bot or someone who eats glue on a regular basis. Or perhaps they were intentionally acting dumb because they very well know the new launcher is broken) I flushed the DNS, switched to a public Google one, flushed again, allowed through Firewall, disabled anti-virus, uninstalled it multiple times - nothing.

I will be really thankful if anyone has an idea how to fix it, or revert back to the separate launchers.

Edited by KhanBreaker, 24 December 2017 - 01:45 PM.

lewisdawson1 #2 Posted 24 December 2017 - 05:20 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25044 battles
  • [_NFTG] _NFTG

Hopefully this should help:

Copy & Paste this into Windows Explorer addres bar and hit enter:   %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Wargaming.net

Then delete the GameCenter folder.

KhanBreaker #3 Posted 25 December 2017 - 12:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7275 battles
Nope. I guess I'll just have to switch over to something else to play

lewisdawson1 #4 Posted 28 December 2017 - 01:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25044 battles
  • [_NFTG] _NFTG

View PostKhanBreaker, on 25 December 2017 - 12:40 PM, said:

Nope. I guess I'll just have to switch over to something else to play

You aren't going to try it?

KhanBreaker #5 Posted 28 December 2017 - 06:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7275 battles

View Postlewisdawson1, on 28 December 2017 - 12:01 PM, said:

You aren't going to try it?

I did, but just like everything else it did not work. And now, they are not even answering to the ticket. Might try again in a few months. Honestly, just the fact that Wargaming is forcing you to use something that's in a Beta test, makes you give up

lewisdawson1 #6 Posted 28 December 2017 - 07:17 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25044 battles
  • [_NFTG] _NFTG

View PostKhanBreaker, on 28 December 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

I did, but just like everything else it did not work. And now, they are not even answering to the ticket. Might try again in a few months. Honestly, just the fact that Wargaming is forcing you to use something that's in a Beta test, makes you give up

Have you tried uninstalling the Game Center itself?

If you have then try uninstalling it again, then directly delete the files I posted above and then install again, after that:

As a temporary workaround, you can start the game directly by double-clicking on the executable I highlighted in green:

Edited by lewisdawson1, 28 December 2017 - 07:17 PM.

KhanBreaker #7 Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7275 battles
Nah, men, it's a lost cause. I tried everything, the issue is with the updates. The WGC itself can't start anymore, because it needs an update. They know what it is, but it affects so few people that it's just not worth for them to bother fixing it, or losing face admitting the issue exists. Thanks for the help, but I'll just have to wait it out. Someone can close the topic

Also tagged with launcher, crash, update, connection, beta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users