Jump to content


Has anyone calculated how much a shot of 240 hp damage brings in silver?


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

PSCC_Detroit_Arsenal_ #1 Posted 25 December 2017 - 12:03 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 368 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    11-26-2017

Hi all, first post here. I'm trying to figure out the real cost of gold ammo per shot.

 

I have a Patriot as a premium tank, and I'm planing to use it and T29 exclusively. On Patriot a gold round costs 4.400 silver and makes 240 hp damage. On T29 it's 4.800 silver and 320 hp damage. I am aware that regular time brings X and premium time X+50%. I think win/lose accounts for general award, not enlarging amount of silver per successful shot.

 

So, can you please shed some light on this:

- 4.400 silver shot, 240 hp damage = ? silvers earned ?

- 4,800 silver shot, 320 hp damage = ? silvers earned ?

 

(and does it vary for win/lose?)

 

Thank you very much!

 

 

 

 



Balc0ra #2 Posted 25 December 2017 - 12:07 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66298 battles
  • 16,320
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
There are a few variables. It's not a flat bonus pr damage point. You gotta remember that even on the HT line, some shots will be on others spotting. And shots like that take 50% of your credits to the one getting the assist for it to name one.

Bora_BOOM #3 Posted 25 December 2017 - 12:36 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 22695 battles
  • 2,951
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

View PostPSCC_Detroit_Arsenal_, on 25 December 2017 - 11:03 AM, said:

Hi all, first post here. I'm trying to figure out the real cost of gold ammo per shot.

 

I have a Patriot as a premium tank, and I'm planing to use it and T29 exclusively. On Patriot a gold round costs 4.400 silver and makes 240 hp damage. On T29 it's 4.800 silver and 320 hp damage. I am aware that regular time brings X and premium time X+50%. I think win/lose accounts for general award, not enlarging amount of silver per successful shot.

 

So, can you please shed some light on this:

- 4.400 silver shot, 240 hp damage = ? silvers earned ?

- 4,800 silver shot, 320 hp damage = ? silvers earned ?

 

(and does it vary for win/lose?)

 

Thank you very much!

 

 

 

 

 

Shed light? NP:

 

 

On the serious note:

 

Spoiler

 

 

 



Joggaman #4 Posted 25 December 2017 - 04:20 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 24010 battles
  • 6,325
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011
And I think you earn more by dmg higher tiers than same/lower tiers

Obsessive_Compulsive #5 Posted 25 December 2017 - 04:23 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 25988 battles
  • 8,048
  • [ADUK] ADUK
  • Member since:
    09-09-2014

View PostJoggaman, on 25 December 2017 - 04:20 PM, said:

And I think you earn more by dmg higher tiers than same/lower tiers

 

Tiers only effects XP sadly.

PSCC_Detroit_Arsenal_ #6 Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:12 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 368 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    11-26-2017

View PostBora_BOOM, on 25 December 2017 - 12:36 PM, said:

 

Shed light? NP:

 

 

On the serious note:

 

Spoiler

 

 

 

 

I wish you this constructive and intelligent answers to all your questions.

CmdRatScabies #7 Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:19 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 37610 battles
  • 4,356
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View PostBalc0ra, on 25 December 2017 - 12:07 PM, said:

There are a few variables. It's not a flat bonus pr damage point. You gotta remember that even on the HT line, some shots will be on others spotting. And shots like that take 50% of your credits to the one getting the assist for it to name one.

 

Credits seems to be related more to damage (direct & indirect) that XP as far as I can see & I'm not sure that you do share credits with a spotter in the same way that you share XP.  Unlike XP, I haven't noticed a big difference between winning / losing on credits.

Strappster #8 Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:19 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 24145 battles
  • 9,019
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015
If you want to calculate how many premium rounds you can fire and still make a profit, you can probably work out why that information isn't made freely available in the client.

Laur_Balaur_XD #9 Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:30 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 35898 battles
  • 640
  • [FUSED] FUSED
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011

View PostPSCC_Detroit_Arsenal_, on 25 December 2017 - 11:03 AM, said:

Hi all, first post here. I'm trying to figure out the real cost of gold ammo per shot.

 

I have a Patriot as a premium tank, and I'm planing to use it and T29 exclusively. On Patriot a gold round costs 4.400 silver and makes 240 hp damage. On T29 it's 4.800 silver and 320 hp damage. I am aware that regular time brings X and premium time X+50%. I think win/lose accounts for general award, not enlarging amount of silver per successful shot.

 

So, can you please shed some light on this:

- 4.400 silver shot, 240 hp damage = ? silvers earned ?

- 4,800 silver shot, 320 hp damage = ? silvers earned ?

 

(and does it vary for win/lose?)

 

Thank you very much!

 

 

 

 

 

The solution is simple:

- take your Patriot and shoot 1 time in the first battle > see how many credits you get

- take your patriot and shoot 2 times in the second battle > see how many credits you get

- take your patriot and shoot 3 times in the third battle > see how many credits you get

-etc....

- do the math and see the result, maybe post it here so we can know it too

- realize that no one gives a f**k about how much gold ammo costs > because people usually shoot normal ammo when they play premium tanks > because they actually want to make some money, not lose some money

 



trispect #10 Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:34 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 33281 battles
  • 1,765
  • [HSOP] HSOP
  • Member since:
    01-16-2011

View PostIulian_ro, on 02 January 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

 

The solution is simple:

- take your Patriot and shoot 1 time in the first battle > see how many credits you get

- take your patriot and shoot 2 times in the second battle > see how many credits you get

- take your patriot and shoot 3 times in the third battle > see how many credits you get

-etc....

- do the math and see the result, maybe post it here so we can know it too

- realize that no one gives a f**k about how much gold ammo costs > because people usually shoot normal ammo when they play premium tanks > because they actually want to make some money, not lose some money

 

And also in case of Patriot, the std ammo is that good that you don’t have to shoot prem ammo until you meet super heavies.



CmdRatScabies #11 Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:38 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 37610 battles
  • 4,356
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

Looking at the Wiki http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics#Tank_Experience_and_Credits

 

Spotting credits does seem to work the same way as XP but there is no significant win/loss difference.

 

 



KillingJoker #12 Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:48 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 33348 battles
  • 1,396
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-
  • Member since:
    09-07-2015

If i am not mistaken credits are distributed by experience earned and not by damage.

 

if you shot a tier IX tank with a 240 damage, you will earn more credits than if you shot a tier VI with 240, simply because you will get more exp

from doing damage to a higher tier enemy. 

 

 



CmdRatScabies #13 Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:04 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 37610 battles
  • 4,356
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View PostKillingJoker, on 02 January 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

If i am not mistaken credits are distributed by experience earned and not by damage.

 

if you shot a tier IX tank with a 240 damage, you will earn more credits than if you shot a tier VI with 240, simply because you will get more exp

from doing damage to a higher tier enemy.

 

 

 

Not quite.  http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics#Tank_Experience_and_Credits

Someone with a good stats background could probably work out the rough algorithm from the games they've played.



W0Z #14 Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:04 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 51658 battles
  • 813
  • Member since:
    01-30-2011

View PostKillingJoker, on 02 January 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

If i am not mistaken credits are distributed by experience earned and not by damage.

 

if you shot a tier IX tank with a 240 damage, you will earn more credits than if you shot a tier VI with 240, simply because you will get more exp

from doing damage to a higher tier enemy. 

 

 

 

Also if your scouting and don't fire any shots you can still make money through spotting.

eldrak #15 Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:15 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 47568 battles
  • 1,042
  • [NE-VO] NE-VO
  • Member since:
    01-27-2011

I've seen a reverse engineered credit formula that actually worked. But it might have been from before they remade the credit incomes.

Generally an exact formula is not that useful as you want to do all the things that increase the income anyway.



Homer_J #16 Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:19 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • 30,090
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostKillingJoker, on 02 January 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

If i am not mistaken credits are distributed by experience earned and not by damage.

 

if you shot a tier IX tank with a 240 damage, you will earn more credits than if you shot a tier VI with 240, simply because you will get more exp

from doing damage to a higher tier enemy. 

 

 

 

Sorry, you are mistaken.

 

Credits are entirely down to damage/assist you do yourself apart from a tiny joining battle bonus which gets increased if you win (max is around 10k for a tier VIII premium).

 

Back in 2010 WG said there was a credits bonus for shooting higher tier tanks, then not long before release they said "oh, we forgot to put that in".



Jumping_Turtle #17 Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:29 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 61568 battles
  • 5,306
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013

You can work this out but it will take a while.

 

Go into a trainingsroom with just one other tank. shoot him once and wait for the battle to end. See the credits you made.

Do this with different classes and different tiers so you get an idea if that makes it different. Than let someone else spot the target for you and repeat above.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users