Reporting system -the biggest hoax in the game?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Hechaton #1 Posted 25 December 2017 - 01:39 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 44560 battles

Yes, surely you've been in a situation where one of your teammates have pushed you into death or otherwise bahaved in an obnoxious way ruining gameplay for the rest of the teammates, And yes, surely you filed an in-game complaint. My question is, what happens to the complaits? 

I've been playing this game for years, having thousands of battles under my belt, surely- I must have done something to displease someone. I have never even got a warning. I find that very pecuiar.

Is the report system the biggest hoax in the game, or do anyone know what actually happens to the complaits?

Sirebellus #2 Posted 25 December 2017 - 01:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18361 battles

My guess would be that complaints don't get seen by anyone.

Most likely they are just there to let you 'let off steam'

jack_timber #3 Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32405 battles
Often wondered that myself, don't use many perhaps 1 a week on a bad week, but what happens maybe answer above is the best one...

Balc0ra #4 Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64344 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostHechaton, on 25 December 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

I've been playing this game for years, having thousands of battles under my belt, surely- I must have done something to displease someone. I have never even got a warning. I find that very pecuiar.

Unless you go around several times a day TK and pushing people constantly. You won't even get a warning. As the system is designed to take false reports into account. So if you get 1 report here and there from a butthurt. No one will care. If you get 4-5 reports a game here and there from blocking and pushing constantly. They will notice. Even faster if you do it often enough. As they don't care about one hit wonders, as most are. And unless you follow the people you report around in every game you play. It's not easy to know if they are one hit wonders or repeat offenders. And I doubt you check on every guy you have reported to see if they are banned or not a bit after your report to confirm it's not working or not. As I'm sure most here have not done either.

If you want to test the system. Push and block people every game all day. Let us know how long it takes.

Edited by Balc0ra, 25 December 2017 - 02:40 PM.

Graeme0 #5 Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24084 battles
  • [M-O-M] M-O-M

I haven't seen or heard anyone being punished through the reporting system. I believe it's either a hoax or the threshold it set so high there are never sanctions.

Pointless system.

Nokkeli #6 Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17836 battles
  • [SWEDH] SWEDH
Had one guy get banned just a few weeks ago after i reported him. He just suddenly stopped moving and no more bs in chat, felt good. Judging by that and all the "i behaved like an [edited]and got unfairly banned for nothing"-threads here i would say that the system seems to work, at least to some degree.

_snowfIake__ #7 Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26580 battles

View PostHechaton, on 25 December 2017 - 12:39 PM, said:

surely- I must have done something to displease someone. I have never even got a warning. I find that very pecuiar.

Get over yourself snowflake. I been banned more times than I can count. Keep reporting.

Edited by RenamedUser_504592051, 25 December 2017 - 02:49 PM.

Bennie182 #8 Posted 25 December 2017 - 03:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51515 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

View PostHechaton, on 25 December 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

Yes, surely you've been in a situation where one of your teammates have pushed you into death or otherwise bahaved in an obnoxious way ruining gameplay for the rest of the teammates, And yes, surely you filed an in-game complaint. My question is, what happens to the complaits? 

Is the report system the biggest hoax in the game, or do anyone know what actually happens to the complaits?

does the system work "as intended"? of course it does. but does it REALLY work? depends on how you define that.

unsportsmanlike conduct

-I've been banned for "unsportsmanlike conduct" and as usual they never explain the reason why you got banned. I've asked for it, but as usual no reply on that.

I've reported tons of people for tons of reasons: pushing out/blocking/teamdamage/teamkill, but most of them for ruining the battle for allies (whole team), or myself on purpose. not like "you don't go where I want you to", but intentionally farming at the cost of the team and force a loss. stuff like that. something that happens more and more, especially the last few months. people say that those players are probably doing missions. a bit strange, since you need to win and/or survive in a lot of cases.

chat

to show you that the report system does work in some way: I have a permanent chat block. do I care? not really most of the time. only to help my team and give some info when there's a close game, or when playing Team Battles.

the reason I have this perma ban is because of the point I made before this one: players who ruin the battles on purpose. funny thing is that even now still people keep reporting me, not knowing it makes no sense XD and I can't even tell them.

it took a whole whole long period before I got this ban and I can't even remember how many short bans I received. over 30 for sure, maybe more.

..but does it work the way it should? I doubt it, since WG only wants to work with automatic reports. I've send in tons of report about racism ingame, something I haven't done in the past. the worst thing, for example, being Polish players spamming racism over the chat, not realizing what their country has gone through in World War 2.... makes sense, right?

I am a very friendly player (enough players who can confirm that), until the point you screw everything on purpose. then I become the opposite. I only respond to actions of other players, since I don't see the point of hurting people for fun or whatever.

hope this clears something up. there will be people, who will disagree with what I said, but to be honest.. I couldn't care less.

Edited by Bennie182, 25 December 2017 - 03:12 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users