• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

DurtiArry #1 Posted 25 December 2017 - 01:55 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 57135 battles
  • [ANG3L] ANG3L

Merry Xmas all,

Could someone please interpret the attached ping plotter result.

Disconnections and 200 - 999 ping.

Dont blame XVM and YasenKrasen as that set up has worked fine for years.

login.p1.worldoftanks.eu.1#2_25_12.png

Thanks for any info.

Gkirmathal #2 Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8125 battles

Your PL% seems to originate from your isp, Sky broadband. Lot's of UK players report isp problems to mainland locations.

You could test this. Like find another MMO games, which has their server location outside the UK but within the EU. If you see similar PL% results, it's highly plausible Sky is to blame.

Marry RNGmus! Ho! Ho! Ho!

DurtiArry #3 Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:09 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 57135 battles
  • [ANG3L] ANG3L

View PostGkirmathal, on 25 December 2017 - 01:05 PM, said:

Your PL% seems to originate from your isp, Sky broadband. Lot's of UK players report isp problems to mainland locations.

You could test this. Like find another MMO games, which has their server location outside the UK but within the EU. If you see similar PL% results, it's highly plausible Sky is to blame.

Marry RNGmus! Ho! Ho! Ho!

Thank you

TigerMoth #4 Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39504 battles
Wait until Brexit, all that traffic will have to go through customs increasing its latency further :D

HundeWurst #5 Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:19 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67720 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

Looks like the typical WIFI problems if you would ask me. First try to eliminate ALL possible problems, such as WIFI, then we can look further.

Connect your PC via a wired connection to your router/modem. If that does not solve any issues we could consider the IPS as there is a package loss on the final step towards their servers.

However this might not be an issue YOUR IPS is causing but an issue with the "route the packages are taking".

But as said, first things first. Since there is already package loss between your PC and the router its likely that the problem already start to exist there.

Red_Dragon_Firkraag #6 Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:23 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15138 battles

A combination of issues:

a) Your router cannot cope with the traffic it is confronted with or the 2.4 GHz channel you use is congested. (Can be solved by getting a better router, using 5 GHz wifi or using ethernet cables)

b) Your ISP is dropping packets, probably due to bad peering. (Can be solved by either using gaming VPN services or changing to a better peered ISP)

Edited by Red_Dragon_Firkraag, 25 December 2017 - 02:24 PM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #7 Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:25 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 7455 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Seems like you got a lot of delay between your PC and your router.

The 100% Packetloss is probably because those hops drop all ICMP (ping) packets and possibly harmless (mostly disabled to prevent DDoS attacks).

The red bars, however, are an issue; probably where your PC cannot establish a connection to your wifi router.

Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 25 December 2017 - 02:26 PM.

Pvt_Duffer #8 Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:37 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16653 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

This just looks like youv'e got some other device on your wifi that's waking up occasionally and barfing on your wifi

Something like an ipad or iphone that wants to be updated.

DurtiArry #9 Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:41 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 57135 battles
  • [ANG3L] ANG3L

View PostWunderWurst, on 25 December 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

Looks like the typical WIFI problems if you would ask me. First try to eliminate ALL possible problems, such as WIFI, then we can look further.

Connect your PC via a wired connection to your router/modem. If that does not solve any issues we could consider the IPS as there is a package loss on the final step towards their servers.

However this might not be an issue YOUR IPS is causing but an issue with the "route the packages are taking".

But as said, first things first. Since there is already package loss between your PC and the router its likely that the problem already start to exist there.

Hi - i am connected to router by Devolo plug- using house wiring.

Its never been this bad - for 4 years.

i do have new plugs (for the kiddies)  but saving them for Jan 3rd installation of end-to-end fiber backed FWA microwave network.

Maybe that'll be better as i will be wired straight to router.

cheers

DurtiArry #10 Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:47 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 57135 battles
  • [ANG3L] ANG3L

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 25 December 2017 - 01:37 PM, said:

This just looks like youv'e got some other device on your wifi that's waking up occasionally and barfing on your wifi

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 25 December 2017 - 01:25 PM, said:

Seems like you got a lot of delay between your PC and your router.

The 100% Packetloss is probably because those hops drop all ICMP (ping) packets and possibly harmless (mostly disabled to prevent DDoS attacks).

The red bars, however, are an issue; probably where your PC cannot establish a connection to your wifi router.

View PostRed_Dragon_Firkraag, on 25 December 2017 - 01:23 PM, said:

A combination of issues:

a) Your router cannot cope with the traffic it is confronted with or the 2.4 GHz channel you use is congested. (Can be solved by getting a better router, using 5 GHz wifi or using ethernet cables)

b) Your ISP is dropping packets, probably due to bad peering. (Can be solved by either using gaming VPN services or changing to a better peered ISP)

Thanks guys, thanks all.

Hopefully new broadband will be better, I live in the sticks and get 4mbps at best. New BB will be 30mbps, we will see.

Have a good Xmas

cheers

DurtiArry #11 Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 57135 battles
  • [ANG3L] ANG3L

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 25 December 2017 - 01:37 PM, said:

It'll be the brats; Netflixing, music downloading, usual teen stuff !!

Pvt_Duffer #12 Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:52 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16653 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDurtiArry, on 25 December 2017 - 01:41 PM, said:

Oh jeez, that's even worse, could just be  your fridge turning on and off, let alone a million other things, all the above answers still apply.

HundeWurst #13 Posted 25 December 2017 - 11:03 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67720 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostDurtiArry, on 25 December 2017 - 02:41 PM, said:

View PostWunderWurst, on 25 December 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

Its never been this bad - for 4 years.

i do have new plugs (for the kiddies)  but saving them for Jan 3rd installation of end-to-end fiber backed FWA microwave network.

Maybe that'll be better as i will be wired straight to router.

cheers

I do not know about the house wiring but I known several people who had or had problems with that.

I dont know if you have a ethernet cable at hand but that SHOULD BE your first concern. Yes I know that might involove the movement of the PC itself but the LAN cable or ethernet cable (whatever its called in English)) is far more reliable than any other option you could use.

Also they are super cheap. I myself always had MASSIVE issues with my network connection. I ALWAYS blamed my IPS, but in the end it turned out it was my WIFI connection. WIFI is made for comfort and not for stability and speed. If you want to game, stability is the number one priority you only ever going to get with a wired connection. So since that day its the first thing anyone should ever try. WIFI is a triky pony and cannot be trusted, regardless of what many will say. For gaming a wired connection is a MUST:

But maybe you have already tried.

If you have some mobile device - a laptop/notebook - you can check it out with that first. It will be a different world. And even, as you said, the problems are new, they most likely are connected to the connection between router and computer. Thats the easiest thing to check and wont involove any other parties. If that check turns out to be negative we can move on to other options. But a packageloss between router and computer seems to be the issue here.

Edited by WunderWurst, 25 December 2017 - 11:06 PM.

DurtiArry #14 Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:22 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 57135 battles
  • [ANG3L] ANG3L

HNY to you all.

Now got new broadband and took your advice to use cable to router - seems a lot better.

I know its only been 24hrs, but get that 'feeling' :)

Attached Files

• Attached File   login.p1.worldoftanks.eu.BOUNDLESS.png   202.36K

wiggles #15 Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:46 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 33871 battles
I was getting a lot of packet loss a few days ago, turns out that as my Virgin router is by my feet and I often knock it over (harmlessly onto a carpet) and then right it I was unwittingly unscrewing the router cable just enough for it to work still but with problems lol

Cobra6 #16 Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:01 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

I've had this problem before indeed and the solution is to: Buy a proper router yourself and do *NOT* under any circumstances use the garbage you get from your ISP.

Had exactly the same issue with BT in London because the WiFi-router they give you is old outdated garbage that can't handle serious traffic and/or gaming properly, it simply can't cope with it.

After I bought this one, disabled the WiFi on the BT garbage and hooked it up to the BT router all the troubles were gone.

Also, I see you are using network via the power lines in your home, while this is all fancy for light browsing etc it's not great for things like gaming as the performance is not consistent. Either use an Ethernet cable or buy a proper router like the one above and use WiFi.

Cobra6

Edited by Cobra6, 04 January 2018 - 10:07 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users