Christmas campaign

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Ashen #1 Posted 25 December 2017 - 11:06 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 7033 battles

Really disappointed in the overall advent calendar and overall campaign, I feel that it was solely based on drawing out the maximum amount of money from your clientele, at no point did I see this this is a caring company looking after its core user base, with the basis of giving something back.

Think you missed the whole point of the season.

Looking back, I fell into the trap of buying a few lottery of boxes of chance and initially I thought its all good rates weather its credits or gold, right up until I thought, "you've just actually just spun a system and exploited me for hard earned cash for something you've just plucked out the air", at no point have you actually given me anything other than a option to try to win a chance play and increase my fun value.

I am more than happy to invest in a company to make their venture profitable, but I cant help feeling disappointed in you right now.

Obsessive_Compulsive #2 Posted 25 December 2017 - 11:26 PM

General

• Player
  • 23547 battles
You appear to be a capitalist corporations wet dream.

Ashen #3 Posted 25 December 2017 - 11:34 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 7033 battles

You may be right, I need to embrace the inner red :-)

lord_chipmonk #4 Posted 25 December 2017 - 11:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32183 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
Huh? It doesn't take that much effort to hit festive level 10 without a dime spent. That's what I'm doing. Currently lvl 9 adn hanging onto gems so I can pick and choose later on to complete a collection or two for the fancy skins. 

Ashen #5 Posted 25 December 2017 - 11:58 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 7033 battles

You may be right, hit level 10 early, just got lured into the box lottery, and kind of at the end of the event felt really disappointed. that the ethos of the whole of the event was to trap weak willed people like myself :-/ , rather than actually reward the player base.

Hey if you feel different may just be me.

As I said, like to reward companies that churn out playable games, Just this season left a bitter taste in my mouth, if that makes sense :-) If it doesn't Ill move along

Junglist_ #6 Posted 26 December 2017 - 12:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35132 battles

I think it's pretty good to be honest. Haven't bought any of the boxes (for myself) and so far got to level 10 and I'm on 36% bonus with my tanks. Which is pretty good especially playing premium tanks. And then there is a free girl crew as well.

Some discounts for camos, equipment or consumables wouldn't be too bad but overall I'm quite satisfied.

Consett_Steel #7 Posted 26 December 2017 - 12:46 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17187 battles

We got a free tank, a load of free stuff for nothing through the missions, and if you fancied a gamble you might have paid some money. If you sis choose to gamble you may have got some free tanks. If you were unlucky you probably got a better deal than if you bought gold. If very unlucky a worse deal than buying gold.

If you were a weak person you may have spunked a fortune chasing the great prizes - the sane majority didn't do that, and just enjoyed the event.

Pvt_Duffer #8 Posted 26 December 2017 - 01:36 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16404 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostAshen, on 25 December 2017 - 10:58 PM, said:

that the ethos of the whole of the event was to trap weak willed people like myself :-/ , r

i fear you misunderstand. Rather the ethos was to reward paying players by letting them buy as much cheap gold/premium time as they wanted with the potential for get great bonuses thrown in on top. Generally making them really good value, if you place value in gold and premium time, which if you are a paying player, you probably do. Not to mention the opportunity to catch a Type 59.

I think it would be fair to just assume that there is some level of interest in winning free premium tanks in a tank game.

Additionally free players were rewarded with the fun of decorating their garages by completing a bunch of more or less easy missions  to get buckets of credits, resources,  millions of credits worth of discounts, four female crew and an ongoing bonus XP/credit reward to every game they played, potentially up to 48%

FWIW WG price a single 100% 2hr booster at 137.5 gold, or about 50p, and you're getting two ~50% ones permanently, or at least until the 15th Jan.

Further if you paid/played hard enough that nets you a free crazy camo and stuff.

The advent calendar was even better, with the usual bunch of tanks, some new, some old , some OP, some fan favourites, and the usual premium time discount, but this year with the added bonus of extra easy missions for  even more free resources (though was a bit said not to see the code for 24 chocolate rations.)

And it's not yet over, Holiday Ops runs to the 15th, so there's more offers to come.

Seems astoundingly generous to me, as well as very festive.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or maybe I'm just feeling a bit more festive.

P.S where do I get my shill card?

Edit: Crap, I forgot the Free tier III tank, so the deals off, sorry shane.

Edit2: Also forgot the bonus codes and giveaways on soshul meeja. or whatever it is, some of which was shared here on the forums.

:facepalm:I'm so bad at this. I should probably apply for a job.

Edited by Pvt_Duffer, 26 December 2017 - 02:47 AM.

lord_chipmonk #9 Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:09 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32183 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostAshen, on 25 December 2017 - 11:58 PM, said:

You may be right, hit level 10 early, just got lured into the box lottery, and kind of at the end of the event felt really disappointed. that the ethos of the whole of the event was to trap weak willed people like myself :-/ , rather than actually reward the player base.

Hey if you feel different may just be me.

As I said, like to reward companies that churn out playable games, Just this season left a bitter taste in my mouth, if that makes sense :-) If it doesn't Ill move along

Yeah, the whole loot crate aspect made me feel a little uneasy, hence I didn't buy any. 

Graeme0 #10 Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22893 battles
  • [U_L] U_L

If a players wants to pay a few quid to getvahead of the game they can, if not then carry on playing and use the free stuff in game.

Each person knows the score, or ought to know it. Each person can make their own mind up.

jack_timber #11 Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:01 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31180 battles

Considered buying these loot boxes for about 1second then decided a can of Heinz baked beans was better value, beans on warm buttered toast ahh heaven.

But managed to get up to leval 9 with the mission boxes, suprisingly managed to get some leval 5's from these.

So all in all good value and the beans were a bonus:)

Baldrickk #12 Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29031 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 26 December 2017 - 10:09 AM, said:

Yeah, the whole loot crate aspect made me feel a little uneasy, hence I didn't buy any. 

It's good that you got what you paid for - equivalent price in gold...

But people were getting them and buying more than they needed or wanted to try and get premium tanks that were unattainable by other means with no guarantee.

Which was the whole idea. Leaves a sour taste in my mouth. 

Killer_Tia #13 Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 866 battles
Butthurt form required for the guy who didnt get a free tier 8 premium.

Sorry dude, I got all 4 and all 3 tier 4's too. 

Etre_ #14 Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50748 battles
  • [WEBOB] WEBOB

View Postjack_timber, on 26 December 2017 - 11:01 AM, said:

Considered buying these loot boxes for about 1second then decided a can of Heinz baked beans was better value, beans on warm buttered toast ahh heaven.

But managed to get up to leval 9 with the mission boxes, suprisingly managed to get some leval 5's from these.

So all in all good value and the beans were a bonus:)

these

https://www.google.r...chrome&ie=UTF-8

with butter ? 

I'll go puke now .... :)

Killer_Tia #15 Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 866 battles

View PostEtre_, on 26 December 2017 - 09:43 PM, said:

these

https://www.google.r...chrome&ie=UTF-8

with butter ? 

I'll go puke now .... :)

I concur, the man is a deviant. 

Eveyone knows its with Worcestershire sauce or nothing.

DracheimFlug #16 Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:25 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 8925 battles
Generally I feel that the event is great overall. However the rewards for completing sets really seem in the 'what's the point?' category. Keep in mind that to get the maximum xp bonus, you do not need the set completed. Oh and the limitations on the rewards do not seem mentioned anywhere other than by those of us who learned of them the hard way.

Edited by DracheimFlug, 26 December 2017 - 10:25 PM.

Pvt_Duffer #17 Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:37 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16404 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDracheimFlug, on 26 December 2017 - 09:25 PM, said:

limitations on the rewards do not seem mentioned anywhere other than by those of us who learned of them the hard way.

That's because Russians generally confused how something cosmetic == reward

Is same as dressing dolly dah?

Though TBF, if you followed the WoT news, it wasn't exactly hard to find.

Edit: although I will acknowledge, quite a few people may well look at it and decide, only T8 prems and TX, not worth the  effort, and then come to regret that.

Edited by Pvt_Duffer, 26 December 2017 - 10:42 PM.

lord_chipmonk #18 Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32183 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostBaldrickk, on 26 December 2017 - 09:26 PM, said:

It's good that you got what you paid for - equivalent price in gold...

But people were getting them and buying more than they needed or wanted to try and get premium tanks that were unattainable by other means with no guarantee.

Which was the whole idea. Leaves a sour taste in my mouth. 

Yarp, which was my issue with it. 

Baldrickk #19 Posted 27 December 2017 - 07:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29031 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 26 December 2017 - 11:10 PM, said:

Yarp, which was my issue with it. 

Yeah. If it was buy multipack A and get tank A, pack B and get tank B, pack C and get tank C, or buy minipack D and just get a couple of boxes then it would be fine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users