Right...chinese meds.

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

TheOneAboveAII #1 Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:57 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12064 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

So here it is...you buffed the type 59, right? Why? Because it had 2.9 aim time, right?

And bad dispersion values, right?

Then how about you buff the T-34-2 as well? The 100mm gun has 2.8 aim time and worse dispersion values than type 59 had before...and this one meets tier 10...type 59, doesn't. So I think it is fair that it deserves a buff, right? 

You buffed the armour and the aim time of T-34-3, right? Why? Because it had 3.4 aim time, right?

Then how about you buff the 122mm on the T-34-2 as well...as it has 3.1 aim time and 0.48 accuracy and way worse dpm..and worse armour than T-34-3...but buff just the gun...leave the armour alone.

T-34-2 is a relic and the worse tier 8 medium tank...it is WORSE than tier 8 medium tanks WITH PREFERENTIAL MATCHMAKING!!! And as i said...this one meets tier 10!

How about make this line playable and grindable again?

Now that i finished with the T-34-2, let's move on...

WZ-120...why on earth do we have to research an useless 100mm gun for 45k xp on it? Just why? Take the gun out and make the 121 cost 225k xp, in order to be the same total xp...but get that gun out of there...it's only purpose is free xp...and a lot of free xp for an useless gun...other than that...maybe a slight buff to the wz-120...as it is the worst tier 9 med...maybe some -5 gun depression...or some slightly buffs to the gun...handling and maybe some accuracy...just saying.

And the 121...well...maybe...just maybe 2.5 aim time instead of 2.7, since you gave wz 111 5a 2.5 on a 130mm gun i guess you can give 2.5 to 121's 122mm...and while we are at it...113...2.8 aim time on a 122mm...5a 2.5 aim time on a 130mm...really? Maybe think of giving it the same aim time or maybe even a 2.3 aim time...instead of the 2.8 it has now.

Strappster #2 Posted 26 December 2017 - 04:14 AM

General

• Player
  • 23520 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

In all honesty and speaking as one who's ground through all Chinese tanks to at least tier 9, leave the T-34-2 alone.

You don't need to play through it to get the WZ-120, you can go through the light line and it's not much more xp (192k vs. 175k through the T-34-2). I think we need a tank that's utterly rubbish. You'll hear opinions from everyone about any tank - the CDC is terribad, the Spershing is power-crept, the FCM is pointless - but the T-34-2 is genuinely bad.

Anyone choosing to play it should have a bloody awful experience and never want to play it again, it's that bad and the next time someone comes to the forum asking if they should grind it, the most recent player can add to the chorus of "dear Lord, no".

If that wasn't the worst tank in the game, something else would have to be. Let's keep at least one tank as the one everyone knows you skip past.

:)

Desyatnik_Pansy #3 Posted 26 December 2017 - 05:03 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 14408 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostStrappster, on 26 December 2017 - 03:14 AM, said:

If that wasn't the worst tank in the game, something else would have to be. Let's keep at least one tank as the one everyone knows you skip past.

See I can't agree with you on this for one reason Strappy. There are other terrible tanks than the T-34-2. I wouldn't even list the T-34-2 As the worst, only doing so if we limited it to Tier VIII Mediums but as a whole I feel they're largely quite weak. The thing is, most of these are lower tiers where skipping isn't a problem except for newer players and even then, they're low tiers which at best you might spend a few hours to get through. Tanks like the DW2, SAu40 or AMX 40 Just to name a few.

A Tier VIII Medium on the other hand is a much longer grind. Say you've never played the Chinese lights and you're recommend to play them instead of the T-34-2. That's a whole bunch of other tanks to grind, solely because this tank is just that bad. And what's worse is the T-34-2 Is sitting right next to a bunch of very similar tanks that are equally terrible (TVP VTU, Panther II, Indien-Panzer) and yet somehow it's worse. It could atleast be buffed to be on par with other same tier Mediums.

Strappster #4 Posted 26 December 2017 - 05:40 AM

General

• Player
  • 23520 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I see your point, Pansy, but you've touched on the crux of my argument - there's always going to be a worst tank in the game. Right now everyone knows exactly which one that is; buff it to be on par with the other also-rans in tier 8 and you're left with a collection of conflicting opinions based on personal preference. One player will like this medium because it's fast, another will hate it because it has no armour, etc.

Having the T-34-2 as a whipping boy tank means anyone grinding it only has themselves to blame because we all know it's the worst. Buffing it would lead to personal preference being the deciding factor and I can't say with any certainty that what I look for in a tank is what will appeal to someone else.

Havenless #5 Posted 26 December 2017 - 06:38 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 413 battles

View PostStrappster, on 26 December 2017 - 07:40 AM, said:

I see your point, Pansy, but you've touched on the crux of my argument - there's always going to be a worst tank in the game. Right now everyone knows exactly which one that is; buff it to be on par with the other also-rans in tier 8 and you're left with a collection of conflicting opinions based on personal preference. One player will like this medium because it's fast, another will hate it because it has no armour, etc.

Having the T-34-2 as a whipping boy tank means anyone grinding it only has themselves to blame because we all know it's the worst. Buffing it would lead to personal preference being the deciding factor and I can't say with any certainty that what I look for in a tank is what will appeal to someone else.

There's always going to be "the worst tank", but the difference between the worst and the best(or the average) should still be smaller. Not every tank needs to be equal but they should at least be somewhat playable.

On a separate note to me T-34-2 was never the worst tank. I played it maybe a year ago when it had already been buffed and I think many of the opinions of it being are from the times when it had -3 gun depression and nothing at all going for it. This does show that Wargaming does actually buff some awful tanks, which is good. I think now it's just another tier 8 medium that are all more or less weak but that just gets the additional hate of once being more or less unplayable. Still a bad tank but I am much more concerned with STA-1 personally, which once upon a time was better than STA-2 but now is much worse in every way.

Knight_Zao #6 Posted 26 December 2017 - 07:26 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25933 battles
  • [SKIL1] SKIL1

WZ  120 is the worst tier 9 med??? Are you effing kidding me? 

I would say it's one of the best, ok the gun handling is a bit meh but the alpha more than makes up for it. I'm totally in love with this tank, which makes me think I will love the 121 aswell.

P.S. I am known within my circle of friends for liking quirky tanks that generally other people think are bad, so maybe it is bad.

Edited by Knight_Zao, 26 December 2017 - 07:27 AM.

Pandabird #7 Posted 26 December 2017 - 07:49 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33973 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF
T-34-2 is all about bullying paper tanks with high alpha and turret armor, best suited for close range annoyance.
Try using it as a light tank interceptor, there's a good chance the juicy paper td's are behind them. You need to work fast before enemy defender destroys your heavies, rush in and finish off the arties then force a retreat by threatening to cap. It can't circlekill heavies unless they are paper so don't bother if it's russian. It can defend itself vs other meds using HEAT but really shouldn't go 1v1. Best in a wolfpack because you either facehug tanks with bad depression or shoot sides if distracted.

Sushil #8 Posted 26 December 2017 - 08:04 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 33104 battles

View PostStrappster, on 26 December 2017 - 08:44 AM, said:

In all honesty and speaking as one who's ground through all Chinese tanks to at least tier 9, leave the T-34-2 alone.

You don't need to play through it to get the WZ-120, you can go through the light line and it's not much more xp (192k vs. 175k through the T-34-2). I think we need a tank that's utterly rubbish. You'll hear opinions from everyone about any tank - the CDC is terribad, the Spershing is power-crept, the FCM is pointless - but the T-34-2 is genuinely bad.

Anyone choosing to play it should have a bloody awful experience and never want to play it again, it's that bad and the next time someone comes to the forum asking if they should grind it, the most recent player can add to the chorus of "dear Lord, no".

:)

I grinded the T-34-2 to get WZ 120 so feeling kind of masochist :)

I used the 122mm gun which makes the grind less painful due to the 390 alpha.

Same is with the TVP VTU, I am using the 105 mm gun as the 240 alpha gun gets to be a typical tier 8 medium gun. This also eases the grind for tier 9 tank. 

Edited by Sushil, 26 December 2017 - 08:05 AM.

spuriousmonkey #9 Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:19 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 42855 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Never bought the t34-2 and never will despite being a huge Chinese medium/light fanboy.

I guess every tank line needs to have a lemon.

shane73tank #10 Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:30 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26301 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View PostTheOneAboveAII, on 26 December 2017 - 02:57 AM, said:

So here it is...you buffed the type 59, right? Why? Because it had 2.9 aim time, right?

Then how about you buff the T-34-2 as well? The 100mm gun has 2.8 aim time and worse dispersion values than type 59 had before...and this one meets tier 10...type 59, doesn't. So I think it is fair that it deserves a buff, right? 

You buffed the armour and the aim time of T-34-3, right? Why? Because it had 3.4 aim time, right?

Then how about you buff the 122mm on the T-34-2 as well...as it has 3.1 aim time and 0.48 accuracy and way worse dpm..and worse armour than T-34-3...but buff just the gun...leave the armour alone.

T-34-2 is a relic and the worse tier 8 medium tank...it is WORSE than tier 8 medium tanks WITH PREFERENTIAL MATCHMAKING!!! And as i said...this one meets tier 10!

WZ-120...why on earth do we have to research an useless 100mm gun for 45k xp on it? Just why? Take the gun out and make the 121 cost 225k xp, in order to be the same total xp...but get that gun out of there...it's only purpose is free xp...and a lot of free xp for an useless gun...other than that...maybe a slight buff to the wz-120...as it is the worst tier 9 med...maybe some -5 gun depression...or some slightly buffs to the gun...handling and maybe some accuracy...just saying.

And the 121...well...maybe...just maybe 2.5 aim time instead of 2.7, since you gave wz 111 5a 2.5 on a 130mm gun i guess you can give 2.5 to 121's 122mm...and while we are at it...113...2.8 aim time on a 122mm...5a 2.5 aim time on a 130mm...really? Maybe think of giving it the same aim time or maybe even a 2.3 aim time...instead of the 2.8 it has now.

Thanks to these forums I’ve loved the chinese lights, I went as far as the t-34-1 on the meds and will research the 120 via the light line the message here has always been stay away from the t-34-2

Edited by shane73tank, 26 December 2017 - 09:31 AM.

Enderman21 #11 Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:39 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26607 battles
  • [-BSF-] -BSF-
I have 121B and statistically I have 0.3 accuracy which is absolute cowshit. It took me around 40 battles to give up on this tank forever. It's below average in every aspect.

speedphlux #12 Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:55 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42006 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR
Ugh, why would anyone go for the 121 thru the T-34-2 is very questionable ?? You go for the top medium thru the lights, specially if you have the 113 unlocked already. Otherwise it's not a healthy process. That grind is not straight forward as other lines. You have so many shared modules, which are far easy to obtain on other tiers and types of tanks, that is not worth cutting thru the shortest route.

Personally, I love my 121 and for me that whole Chinese saga was well worth it. Nowdays I have 3 top tier Chinese thingies because of it. Others say the tank is bad and that whole ordeal is not worth it. Do your research and figure it out yourself and then put in the effort and don't complain or ditch the whole tech tree and move on. I love how people hit Tier 9 on a line and then figure out that stock tanks are bad. Duh, of course they are ! Ever tried a stock ST-I or a stock M46 Patton ? Those things are horrible. Last night I've even seen a E-50 with the 75mm L/100 gun. I do miss the good old day when you could see a stock IS-4 with 175mm penetration. Boy was that good fun to meet in battle !

samuelx43a #13 Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:26 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20258 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Being a mostly tier VIII-IX player, I have seen my fair share of tier 8 meds, and the T-34-2 is a rare sight to see.

Also, the panther II now has a very respectable top gun for it's tier, but then again, I like it's playstyle

MegaDeltaFighter #14 Posted 26 December 2017 - 02:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 31533 battles
  • [GRFIN] GRFIN

View PostTheOneAboveAII, on 26 December 2017 - 03:57 AM, said:

to reach chines higher tier lights I had to pass through type T34 so I had some med chines crew looked at Type 58 not good not bad almost the same as T34-85 I trained my crew with it to get six sense just in case to use the crew if chine's med line is buffed I sold type58 sent crew to barrack wont get any of chines meds unless they are buffed, while I will keep tier 8 chines light tank the tier9 med will be researched want it or not but I wont buy it if it is not buffed.

non-premium chines meds really sux does not worth at all with current spec.

it is up to wargaming to decide keep worthless tanks in tech-tree or buff them in a way to be of any use

RamRaid90 #15 Posted 26 December 2017 - 02:37 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 19652 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMegaDeltaFighter, on 26 December 2017 - 01:23 PM, said:

to reach chines higher tier lights I had to pass through type T34 so I had some med chines crew looked at Type 58 not good not bad almost the same as T34-85 I trained my crew with it to get six sense just in case to use the crew if chine's med line is buffed I sold type58 sent crew to barrack wont get any of chines meds unless they are buffed, while I will keep tier 8 chines light tank the tier9 med will be researched want it or not but I wont buy it if it is not buffed.

non-premium chines meds really sux does not worth at all with current spec.

it is up to wargaming to decide keep worthless tanks in tech-tree or buff them in a way to be of any use

Type 58 is way worse than T-34-85.

arthurwellsley #16 Posted 26 December 2017 - 02:58 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 50480 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
I think that I have played every tier VIII medium in the game. I played the TVP with the stock turret and the 88. Despite the fact that it is a well known Defender nemesis it is not a strong tank in tier VIII. I also recall not enjoying the Panther II. Not was the Indien Panzer very good. The T34-2 had a play style that was unique for the tier revolving around the turret, high alpha and dubious gun handling. Although it was clearly not as good as some it was still a good learning experience.

Homer_J #17 Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 26985 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I never had a problem with the T-34-2 or any of the Chinese mediums.

As for the 100mm on the WZ-120, isn't that the one you get through the 110 (tier VIII heavy) if you have any sense?

Belgalisk #18 Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:22 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25908 battles
  • [NEAT] NEAT

View PostTheOneAboveAII, on 26 December 2017 - 03:57 AM, said:

Bad gun handling is the price Chinese meds pay for their large alpha, a big plus in playing peekaboo and armor overmatching games.

I agree that the first gun on the W-120 serves only to consume free xp. In fact I am grinding the Chinese heavy line first, with the explicit purpose of unlocking the 113, whose cannon is also the top cannon on the WZ-120. So instead of a long, painful grind, I get to play the excellent 110 and WZ-111 1-4.

I did grind the T-34-2, though, and found it fast and enjoyable. But then, my gun handling standards are pretty low given that I own a T-34-3. ;)

DracheimFlug #19 Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:25 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 8900 battles

View Postarthurwellsley, on 26 December 2017 - 02:58 PM, said:

I think that I have played every tier VIII medium in the game. I played the TVP with the stock turret and the 88. Despite the fact that it is a well known Defender nemesis it is not a strong tank in tier VIII. I also recall not enjoying the Panther II. Not was the Indien Panzer very good. The T34-2 had a play style that was unique for the tier revolving around the turret, high alpha and dubious gun handling. Although it was clearly not as good as some it was still a good learning experience.

Strangely, the Indien-Panzer is one of the few tanks I had a particularly good win rate with back in NA. 55% (over 147 battles).... might have been luck though.... 

TheOneAboveAII #20 Posted 26 December 2017 - 06:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12064 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View PostHomer_J, on 26 December 2017 - 03:13 PM, said:

I never had a problem with the T-34-2 or any of the Chinese mediums.

As for the 100mm on the WZ-120, isn't that the one you get through the 110 (tier VIII heavy) if you have any sense?

No, i'm talking about the first researchable gun for 45k xp which is useless...the 60-100T...not the 62-100t

Edited by TheOneAboveAII, 26 December 2017 - 06:01 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users