Jump to content


New game engine, is this a chance for WG to deal with mods?

enCORE mods

  • Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

VorpalChicken #1 Posted 27 December 2017 - 03:34 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 26206 battles
  • 16
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC
  • Member since:
    09-04-2011

So we have a new bespoke game engine coming soon, built from the ground up for World of Tanks, is this finally a chance for Wargaming to deal with the mods that people write for the game, even a chance to stop the use of all mods except official WG only mods.

 

Do you guys want WG to do something like this?



Duvelske #2 Posted 27 December 2017 - 03:36 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 17126 battles
  • 162
  • [QSF] QSF
  • Member since:
    01-25-2016
I look forward to it

kisli #3 Posted 27 December 2017 - 03:53 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 33326 battles
  • 221
  • Member since:
    05-12-2012

As long as they re-implement server crosshair, I'm fine with killing mods.

 

 



clixor #4 Posted 27 December 2017 - 03:58 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 49633 battles
  • 2,937
  • Member since:
    08-07-2011
Hadn;t really thought about this yet, but yeah, seems like the perfect opportunity to get mods fixed once and for all.

brumbarr #5 Posted 27 December 2017 - 04:05 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,298
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012
I dont think it will make any difference. The engine is mainly serverside anyway. Most mods dont touch anything that has to do with the engine. They change the User interface which isnt changed and still written in the same way. So mods wont be having any trouble or atleast not much.

Hammerhead20 #6 Posted 27 December 2017 - 04:07 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 25252 battles
  • 1,630
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

I play this game with no mods and I don't really need them.

 

If there will be no mods anymore, I'm completely fine with that.



Phobos4321 #7 Posted 27 December 2017 - 04:31 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 42846 battles
  • 7,835
  • Member since:
    09-27-2011

most usefull most didnt came from wg as such hindering the mod community will serous cutdown wots innovation by a large margin. 

 

even more if i wouldnt be able to play vanilla if they didnt included mods like tank filter, multiple row tank caruselle, view/spotting ranges, reloadtimer for own gun  or even most basic just a hit feedback 

 

with wots original approach  you just had a enemy with 100% hp infront of you  you shot and it had lets say 84% remaining  no damage, no popup - nothing

 

what milestone might we miss ? thought the nasty stuff like bots or aimbots wont be effected  since they shoudnt work as classical mods anyway rather than  work via injections

so disabling the mod support might be some really bad idea



psychobear #8 Posted 27 December 2017 - 04:55 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18475 battles
  • 1,515
  • [7EVEN] 7EVEN
  • Member since:
    06-21-2012

View PostVorpalChicken, on 27 December 2017 - 04:34 PM, said:

So we have a new bespoke game engine coming soon, built from the ground up for World of Tanks, is this finally a chance for Wargaming to deal with the mods that people write for the game, even a chance to stop the use of all mods except official WG only mods.

 

Do you guys want WG to do something like this?

 

Stop the use of all mods? Nope, no thank you, no. Hell no. 

They can ban XVM and everything related to it for all i care, not using it anyway, but i want to keep my Duke Nukem voice mod. It just adds a fun factor that the original crew voice presets utterly lack.



brumbarr #9 Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:09 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,298
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View PostPhobos4321, on 27 December 2017 - 04:31 PM, said:

most usefull most didnt came from wg as such hindering the mod community will serous cutdown wots innovation by a large margin. 

 

even more if i wouldnt be able to play vanilla if they didnt included mods like tank filter, multiple row tank caruselle, view/spotting ranges, reloadtimer for own gun  or even most basic just a hit feedback 

 

with wots original approach  you just had a enemy with 100% hp infront of you  you shot and it had lets say 84% remaining  no damage, no popup - nothing

 

what milestone might we miss ? thought the nasty stuff like bots or aimbots wont be effected  since they shoudnt work as classical mods anyway rather than  work via injections

so disabling the mod support might be some really bad idea

I wouldnt worry about mods, like i said, most just change the user interface, which is seperate from the game engine.



AvengerOrion #10 Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:25 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 25317 battles
  • 991
  • Member since:
    12-21-2013

Things of the utmost importance to kill ASAP:

 

Sound mods

Garage mods

Tankskins that only serve as eyecandy

Clocks, need to kill those damn clocks, how dare people know the time without carrying a watch.

These all are the work of the devil and totally gamebreaking

 

kill. kill! KILL! WAAAAAGH!

Take no prisoners! :izmena:



VsUK #11 Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:43 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14288 battles
  • 1,301
  • Member since:
    06-19-2012
This game without Premium Ammo or mods made by 3rd parties so everyone plays the game in the same way using the same features & abilities as everyone else. You allow 3rd party mods, you open the door for people to abuse it.
Paying for an advantage over other players makes this game not free to play at all. They could do away with Premium ammo & add things thins that benefit the player directly after the game, like a credit buff from games or even extra slot for vehicle mounts. There's so much you can do to increase income by removing premium ammo. But I know this won't happen now because they've reworked nearly all the tanks weak spots to no longer be weak spots to push players to use premium ammo. 

BertDastard #12 Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:49 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 87208 battles
  • 116
  • Member since:
    11-08-2012
The thing that needs killing most is in the game. The stupid arrow that points to your location if you fire from cover. I remain amazed that this stupidity remains

VsUK #13 Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:53 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14288 battles
  • 1,301
  • Member since:
    06-19-2012

View PostBertDastard, on 27 December 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

The thing that needs killing most is in the game. The stupid arrow that points to your location if you fire from cover. I remain amazed that this stupidity remains

 

oh that is stupid I agree. That & proximity detection. I've been in ww2 era tanks & you cant hear anything outside your tank, nothing!

Long_Range_Sniper #14 Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:01 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 29462 battles
  • 7,545
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011

View PostBertDastard, on 27 December 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

The thing that needs killing most is in the game. The stupid arrow that points to your location if you fire from cover. I remain amazed that this stupidity remains

 

I know..it's almost like something is telling you where to aim and doing it for you.

JaffaStar #15 Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:08 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 44623 battles
  • 275
  • Member since:
    04-25-2011
There are few mods that need to be stopped in one way or another ... The worst of them is the Auto Aim Bot , Then comes Tundra , or that mod what shows you fallen objects .. or the laser mod ... i do not know if there are another type of rretard mods .. but this are the worst ... And those who use this type of mods are people with brain problems ... they are [edited]who are frustrated because they are not the best and because of this they are cheating ... 

Phobos4321 #16 Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:08 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 42846 battles
  • 7,835
  • Member since:
    09-27-2011

lets thank vs for the viewpoint of a 2 time chaught cheater

 

still can imagine how he/she avoided the perma-ban

 

 

View PostVsUK, on 27 December 2017 - 05:53 PM, said:

 

oh that is stupid I agree. That & proximity detection. I've been in ww2 era tanks & you cant hear anything outside your tank, nothing!

 

you know the engine can be "on" or "off "  if  off --> no sounds

then again would you believe you would miss souch a tank getting as close as 50m to your position   and going on "hmm was there sumtin? " and you can assume these steelbeast dont move just because the crew "pushes" them forward



Slyspy #17 Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:12 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 14169 battles
  • 16,340
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

View PostVsUK, on 27 December 2017 - 05:43 PM, said:

This game without Premium Ammo or mods made by 3rd parties so everyone plays the game in the same way using the same features & abilities as everyone else. You allow 3rd party mods, you open the door for people to abuse it.
Paying for an advantage over other players makes this game not free to play at all. They could do away with Premium ammo & add things thins that benefit the player directly after the game, like a credit buff from games or even extra slot for vehicle mounts. There's so much you can do to increase income by removing premium ammo. But I know this won't happen now because they've reworked nearly all the tanks weak spots to no longer be weak spots to push players to use premium ammo. 

 

You should know, Captain Aimbot.

Strappster #18 Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:16 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23628 battles
  • 8,790
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015
I think what's more likely to kill off XVM is WG implementing their own rating system that's considered to be a better alternative to WN8. If that's accepted by the stat-hunters then there'd be no need to run XVM as it currently stands and move to UI-only mods. You might still get colour focusing and number chasing based on the new scores, of course, but that's immaterial to a lot of people who want XVM out.

brumbarr #19 Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:29 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,298
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View PostStrappster, on 27 December 2017 - 06:16 PM, said:

I think what's more likely to kill off XVM is WG implementing their own rating system that's considered to be a better alternative to WN8. If that's accepted by the stat-hunters then there'd be no need to run XVM as it currently stands and move to UI-only mods. You might still get colour focusing and number chasing based on the new scores, of course, but that's immaterial to a lot of people who want XVM out.

What?  Xvm has nothing to do with wn8, you can display any rating you want.  Then you would just display the new WG rating. Has nothing to do with how usefull xvm is. A more accurate rating might even make it more usefull.

 

Not to mention that XVM is a lot more than the stats in battle part. Its a framework for UI changes and does a ton of great stuff that doesnt negativly impact gameplay.



Strappster #20 Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:34 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23628 battles
  • 8,790
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View Postbrumbarr, on 27 December 2017 - 05:29 PM, said:

What?  Xvm has nothing to do with wn8, you can display any rating you want.

 

I know, that's the point I'm making.







Also tagged with enCORE, mods

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users