Help please

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Byggherren_Mars #1 Posted 28 December 2017 - 02:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9265 battles
  • [RANGI] RANGI

So for atleast a month now, since the micropatch in late november (might've been around the 20th?) the game has been downright broken for me. I tried asking support for help, but to no avail. They said "If the game was broken *[edited]number* of players would be unable to play. So they just pulled the old "run this program", "oh you have mods installed, they could be causing the problems" and i said i'd already tried running the game without mods and it wasn't helping and so on. 

So in the lack of competent support teams, i come to the forums to ask for help. 

My problem is FPS. To begin with, my fps is constantly being forced v-sync, even if the setting is off. This is exclusive to WoT. No other game has this problem. But a weird thing is that whenever i hold down alt + tab the fps spikes right up to where it usually was before the update (100+ fps on max settings), but whenever i tab in again it goes back down to 60 (which is completely playable, but i like to run the game at the highest amount of fps for the extra clutch moments) and this isn't my only problem either. Sometimes (quite often actually) the game locks at 45 fps for some reason? and even more rarely but still quite often it locks to 30 fps???? I have a temporary fix for this, which is to switch between windowed fullscreen and fullscreen back to windowed fullscreen respectively. This makes the game go back up to 60 fps. But i can't keep doing this everytime it happens during a battle and so on. 

My graphics card is a GTX 780, which should be completely able to run the game at max settings which it has proved itself capable of for about 2 years now. I believe this is a game related issue, but if anyone has a solution or any kind of fix for it i would be glad to hear it :) 

ps. if this is in the wrong forum please move it

Balc0ra #2 Posted 28 December 2017 - 02:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64399 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostByggherren_Mars, on 28 December 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

I tried asking support for help, but to no avail. They said "If the game was broken *[edited]number* of players would be unable to play.

Well they are not wrong

View PostByggherren_Mars, on 28 December 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

oh you have mods installed, they could be causing the problems" and i said i'd already tried running the game without mods and it wasn't helping and so on.

As in just deleting res mods, or running it in safe mode? As both are not the same thing. You gotta remember that most mods just don't put stuff in Res_mods alone. If you have not done so already, clearing the cache might be something to try. So paste this into windows explorer and delete everything in it "%appdata%/wargaming.net/Worldoftanks/"

View PostByggherren_Mars, on 28 December 2017 - 02:46 PM, said

My problem is FPS. To begin with, my fps is constantly being forced v-sync, even if the setting is off. This is exclusive to WoT. No other game has this problem. But a weird thing is that whenever i hold down alt + tab the fps spikes right up to where it usually was before the update (100+ fps on max settings), but whenever i tab in again it goes back down to 60 (which is completely playable, but i like to run the game at the highest amount of fps for the extra clutch moments) and this isn't my only problem either. Sometimes (quite often actually) the game locks at 45 fps for some reason? and even more rarely but still quite often it locks to 30 fps???? I have a temporary fix for this, which is to switch between windowed fullscreen and fullscreen back to windowed fullscreen respectively. This makes the game go back up to 60 fps. But i can't keep doing this everytime it happens during a battle and so on. 

My graphics card is a GTX 780, which should be completely able to run the game at max settings which it has proved itself capable of for about 2 years now. I believe this is a game related issue, but if anyone has a solution or any kind of fix for it i would be glad to hear it :) 

ps. if this is in the wrong forum please move it

A: Do you have vertical sync on? As that locks the FPS to prevent screen tearing for those that have that.

B: Have you checked your graphic card settings? As stuff like Nvidia control panel or GeForce experience might have updated and "tweaked" wot settings automatically. Or even checked your drivers. Just to get the basic stuff out of the way.

clixor #3 Posted 28 December 2017 - 02:57 PM

Major

• Player
  • 50411 battles

I also have the GTX 780

And also had the same problems after win10 updated with the fall creator update. I had also updated the drivers but that didn't resolve the issue. So i rolled back the win10 update, which also rolled back the old drivers and now everything is running smoothly again.

Graeme0 #4 Posted 28 December 2017 - 02:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24117 battles
  • [M-O-M] M-O-M
Have you tried using the repair option

Byggherren_Mars #5 Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9265 battles
  • [RANGI] RANGI

View PostBalc0ra, on 28 December 2017 - 02:54 PM, said:

A: Do you have vertical sync on? As that locks the FPS to prevent screen tearing for those that have that.

B: Have you checked your graphic card settings? As stuff like Nvidia control panel or GeForce experience might have updated and "tweaked" wot settings automatically. Or even checked your drivers. Just to get the basic stuff out of the way.

A: If you mean in-game, yes i have turned it off. 

B: Yes, i have updated my drivers since the event, and i have also turned off global v-sync settings and ensured that is what is being enforced on WoT, i have checked that on multiple occasions, and just did now again to make sure.

And to answer your other question. I did a completely reinstalled the game and deleted the cache, so no mods would have been able to affect the games performance at that point.

edit: here's a link to a forum post i found when the problem was still fresh, with other people experiencing similar problems http://forum.worldof...s-drop/#topmost

Edited by Byggherren_Mars, 28 December 2017 - 03:04 PM.

Byggherren_Mars #6 Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9265 battles
  • [RANGI] RANGI

View Postclixor, on 28 December 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

I also have the GTX 780

And also had the same problems after win10 updated with the fall creator update. I had also updated the drivers but that didn't resolve the issue. So i rolled back the win10 update, which also rolled back the old drivers and now everything is running smoothly again.

Oh, so you believe it's the fall update? I'm also running windows 10, if you could link me a rollback guide that'd be nice :)

Pvt_Duffer #7 Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:13 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16653 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
You could also try right clicking worldoftanks.exe_> properties ->compatability->disable fullscreen optimisations.

Balc0ra #8 Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64399 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostByggherren_Mars, on 28 December 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

Oh, so you believe it's the fall update? I'm also running windows 10, if you could link me a rollback guide that'd be nice :)

Well... check to see if game mode is on. It's meant for older systems. Not newer systems. So it might do the opposite there. Just go into Windows settings, gaming and the game mode tab. It did not lock frames, but it gave a frame drop when using the volume know and alt-tabbing etc for me.

Edited by Balc0ra, 28 December 2017 - 03:15 PM.

Byggherren_Mars #9 Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9265 battles
  • [RANGI] RANGI

View PostBalc0ra, on 28 December 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

Well... check to see if game mode is on. It's meant for older systems. Not newer systems. So it might do the opposite there. Just go into Windows settings, gaming and the game mode tab. It did not lock frames, but it gave a frame drop when using the volume know and alt-tabbing etc for me.

I just checked the setting, it says my PC supports game mode, but there's no option to turn it off and on? so i suspect i don't have it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users