crashing to desktop

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

bogboy43 #1 Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:12 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 43243 battles
  • [-B2C-] -B2C-

what the [edited]is wrong with this game constant crashes to desk top why *edit sort your crapout I have no problems with any other game wot your are *edit

Edited by Jbnn, 29 December 2017 - 10:43 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Steve_McC #2 Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2467 battles
I have had that a few times, but also noticed a few times it's due to some programn updating such as itunes.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66269 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postbogboy43, on 28 December 2017 - 10:12 PM, said:

what the [edited]is wrong with this game constant crashes to desk top why *edit sort your crapout I have no problems with any other game wot your are *edit

I suspect you are not running outdated mods on your other games. 

TsundereWaffle #4 Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27161 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Simple, don’t use mods

OreH75 #5 Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:48 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 47894 battles
  • [RANGR] RANGR

what the [edited]is wrong with this game constant crashes to desk top why *edit sort your crapout I have no problems with any other game wot your are *edit

Constantly? I bet it does only 55% of the time...

BravelyRanAway #6 Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:49 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22556 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postbogboy43, on 28 December 2017 - 09:12 PM, said:

Of course.....it couldn't be anything related to your computer....or connection.

AliceUnchained #7 Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:59 PM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322

And 43 must be your IQ...

Browarszky #8 Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:07 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16096 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
This can happen even if you aren't using mods, happens to me but not that often. Why? Not the foggiest, though.

arthurwellsley #9 Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:25 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51740 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

crash to desktop;

(a) out dated mods,

(b) conflicting mods,

(c.) lack of RAM

(d) over heating graphics card,

(e) over heating laptop,

(f) packet loss due to ISP hops,

(g) in house wifi issues

(h) outdated video card driver (by far the most common)

(i) corrupted WOT game files

The game crashes to desktop

Crashes to the desktop while playing might be related to several different origins.

Here we will address the most common ones.

1. Outdated video card driver
  2. Mods or skin mods
  3. Corrupted WOT game files
  4. Overheating

1.  Outdated video card driver

Video card manufacturers such as Nvidia and AMD/ATI usually release new drivers periodically. This allows them to keep their hardware up to date with software improvements. Also be aware that having the latest drivers can drastically improve your gaming experience.

As World of Tanks gets updated quite frequently, it is highly recommended to keep your video card drivers up to date. 

To get the latest drivers for your card, please check your manufacturer’s website for driver downloads

If your Video Card Driver is already up to date, try to adjust the game’s graphical settings. To do so, please follow thislink and experiment with the lower graphical settings to see if they raise your frames per second ratio.

NOTESome laptops and branded desktop machines can only be updated via the automatic update function that is integrated into the operating system or only by downloading the drivers on the respective brands website.

2.  Mods or skin mods

The use of mods on your World of Tanks client could hinder the performance of your game client. 

Please follow the steps below to fix this issue

• Delete all your WoT mods.

• Inside the game folder C:\Games\World_of_Tanks

• Go to the subfolder “res_mods”, navigate to the latest game version folder (E.G 0.8.3) and delete all the contents of the folder.

• If you replaced the original game files with provided third party software, it is highly recommended to completely delete the game with all the modifications and make a new installation. You can download the game from here

•  

NOTEWe tolerate the use of mods but please be advised, Wargaming.net does not officially support them. Mods may damage the game files or cause system malfunction. If you have issues with mods, the only advice we can provide you is to delete them. For further details regarding mods usage permission, please refer to our EULA.

_
_

3. Corrupted WoT game files

A corrupted game installation may cause the game to fail while loading. It may also be responsible for awkward game client behaviour or even crashes.

Please follow the steps below to fix this issue

• Delete the game.
  • Download the game from here

4.  Overheating 

Overheating occurs when a particular hardware component of your computer surpasses the temperature it was designed for. This may lead to your FPS (frames per second) decreasing, and system malfunctions (like shut downs).

To ensure your system works accordingly, you can run a stress test like FurMark. You can download this program for free from SoftPedia.    

When you have finished the installation, run the program and do the following  

1. Select "Burn-In" & "Xtreme burn-in".

2. Set the same resolution as in-game

3. Press the button "BURN-IN test".

4. Let the test run for 30 minutes.

The program will detect whether your video card overheats or if any graphical errors occur. If the FurMark test confirms that your system is malfunctioning, we suggest that you clear your graphics card and pc’s airflow of any dust particles. (*Please note that opening your pc might void your manufacturer’s warranty)

If the issue remains after taking the above steps, it could suggest that your video card is damaged and requires to be checked. (*_Professional assistance may be required_)

NOTE: laptops are more prone to overheating due to their size. A cooling base and playing on a flat surface may alleviate the situation.

Submit a ticket to the Customer Service Center.

Balc0ra #10 Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66269 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postarthurwellsley, on 28 December 2017 - 11:25 PM, said:

crash to desktop;

(a) out dated mods,

(b) conflicting mods,

(c.) lack of....

But it's all WG's fault. His rig is flawless. It can run other games.

AliceUnchained #11 Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:36 PM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostBrowarszky, on 28 December 2017 - 11:07 PM, said:

This can happen even if you aren't using mods, happens to me but not that often. Why? Not the foggiest, though.

Of course it can. There's a plethora of possible causes for frequent crashing of an application, and quite a few not caused by the application in question. A post like the one shared by OP should simply be junked however.

Edited by AliceUnchained, 28 December 2017 - 11:52 PM.

BravelyRanAway #12 Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:43 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22556 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostBalc0ra, on 28 December 2017 - 10:34 PM, said:

It can run other games.

Indeed...one of the most useless 'facts' that one can use to back up one's point. 

Unless all the other games have their game servers in the same room as WG's and using the same service providers all the way to the WoT game server.....then he might have a point.

Pvt_Duffer #13 Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:30 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16658 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I am concerned there is something stinky happening.

I am irregularly experiencing a CTD on entering battle.

I am not inexperienced with PCs/Software/Hardware.

I do not know what the problem is, but it has existed since the creators update.

A video driver update fixed *some* of it,. For a moment I thought it was over.

Setting "disable full screen optimisation" on worldoftanks.exe, seemed to improve it a bit more.

I even (Sadly) had to disable/remove my shiny Pansy skin, and am wary of adding it back, the only mod I use, because mods.

I also conducted a clean complete factory re-install and clean install of WoT.

There are no problems with fans/vents/hardware. It all works and functions as expected under stress test and variable loads.

And this is a new laptop (coincidentally), so I have been very careful to check it.

I do wonder if this is why HD map mode will be coming so unexpectedly; is there some deeply embedded function in BigWorld that's been deprecated?

Only this time deprecated means, screw you, we've been telling you for years this is going to get removed, and before we kill it, just to remind you again, your program is going to break, but only sometimes. The FFP for example, has been deprecated since 2008.

Even in safe mode. At some point, I *will* CTD on entering battle, could be first battle, could be tenth, but it will happen, more rarely on switching tanks/windows in garage.

There is no consistency. in tank or map, or frequency,  and I do save my replays, I have checked.

It is bad enough I have considered trying to contact support, but as yet I have neither the time nor energy to venture down that rabbit hole.

It is Bloody annoying though.

bogboy43 #14 Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 43243 battles
  • [-B2C-] -B2C-
they should sort there code out I have no problems with any other game been playing this for 5yrs plus but only the last 2 updates it has turned to crapmaybe if they put there efforts into making the game work opposed to drilling money out of players

OreH75 #15 Posted 29 December 2017 - 02:13 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 47894 battles
  • [RANGR] RANGR

View Postbogboy43, on 29 December 2017 - 01:01 AM, said:

they should sort there code out I have no problems with any other game been playing this for 5yrs plus but only the last 2 updates it has turned to crapmaybe if they put there efforts into making the game work opposed to drilling money out of players

If the majority of players doesnt have problems then it must between your PC and then WG servers and if you are lazy to locate the exact problem (see http://forum.worldof...1#entry15206871 ) then the problem is also between the PC and the chair behind it... Oh and you can play this game completely for free, no one forces you to spend money.

Balc0ra #16 Posted 29 December 2017 - 02:13 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66269 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postbogboy43, on 29 December 2017 - 01:01 AM, said:

Funny how no one else are whining about it. Again... you should look at your mod folder and GPU drivers for starters vs pointing the finger at WG instantly. Game is working 100% fine on my end. So is all my other games.

Jbnn #17 Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:49 AM

• 9598 battles
  • [WG_M] WG_M
Thread closed.
If you ask for help at least try to be polite next time.

Have a nice day.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users