XM551 Sheridan - What do YOU think of the Sheridan?

Tank america destroy shell explode burn gold silver premium gun

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: The XM551 Sheridan? (37 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you like the tank?

1. Yes (20 votes [54.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.05%

2. No (6 votes [16.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.22%

3. Voted Meh (11 votes [29.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.73%

What gun?

1. Voted 105mm (28 votes [75.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.68%

2. 155mm (9 votes [24.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.32%

Is it fine the way it is or does it need a buff/nerf?

1. Voted It's fine (14 votes [37.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.84%

2. Buff it (23 votes [62.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.16%

3. Nerf it (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Hide poll

IIAtomicToastII #1 Posted 29 December 2017 - 06:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26862 battles

Having owned the T49 for a while I've obviously amassed a hefty amount of free XP in it, which could be used to research the Sheridan when it was introduced, with the recent 15% off discount and all the money I got from the multipliers and crates, I decided to buy the tank. I'm using the 105mm on it for two reasons, the first being that it's something different from the T49 and the second reason being that (reload and accuracy aside), it appears to have much better gun handling than it gets credit for. I've ripped equipment off my T49 and fitted it onto this (until equipment gets discounted), my setup is therefore catered towards the T49 and is as follows:

- EGLD

- Gun Rammer

- V-Stab

I'm planning on using:

- Optics

- Gun Rammer

- V-Stab

I've only played 16 battles so far, but I've found that I've been having decent games using the 105mm and it's not unlikely for me to get a 3k damage game, it may have a slow reload but the 390 alpha still counts for a rather hefty amount of damage. The 20% penetration loss compared to 5% on mediums isn't an issue and neither is the accuracy as the aim time and dispersion make up for it. In addition I rarely find myself taking shots from far away. The armour may be horrible but being a light I never expected much. The armour is bad on paper but seems to be quite troll in practice, I've already shrugged off a few high caliber rounds with the huge amount of spaced armour as well as HEAT and low damage HE with the front net.

The only thing that I really have an issue with is the reverse speed, it may be fast on paper at 22KM/H, but for some reason it feels extremely sluggish.

Overall I'm really enjoying this tank and don't find it nearly as bad as many people say it is. Granted ANY medium will smoke it, but it's not supposed to play like a medium or be able to take one out in a 1v1.

While I don't think anything about the tank needs immediate attention, I would like to see the reverse speed and overall speed made a little higher as well as the reload reduced.

--- What do you guys think of the tank, is it good? How would you change it? And what gun do you/would you use and why? ---

- Atomic

Hero2107 #2 Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11742 battles

View PostIIAtomicToastII, on 29 December 2017 - 05:53 PM, said:

Having owned the T49 for a while I've obviously amassed a hefty amount of free XP in it, which could be used to research the Sheridan when it was introduced, with the recent 15% off discount and all the money I got from the multipliers and crates, I decided to buy the tank. I'm using the 105mm on it for two reasons, the first being that it's something different from the T49 and the second reason being that (reload and accuracy aside), it appears to have much better gun handling than it gets credit for. I've ripped equipment off my T49 and fitted it onto this (until equipment gets discounted), my setup is therefore catered towards the T49 and is as follows:

- EGLD

- Gun Rammer

- V-Stab

I'm planning on using:

- Optics

- Gun Rammer

- V-Stab

I've only played 16 battles so far, but I've found that I've been having decent games using the 105mm and it's not unlikely for me to get a 3k damage game, it may have a slow reload but the 390 alpha still counts for a rather hefty amount of damage. The 20% penetration loss compared to 5% on mediums isn't an issue and neither is the accuracy as the aim time and dispersion make up for it. In addition I rarely find myself taking shots from far away. The armour may be horrible but being a light I never expected much. The armour is bad on paper but seems to be quite troll in practice, I've already shrugged off a few high caliber rounds with the huge amount of spaced armour as well as HEAT and low damage HE with the front net.

The only thing that I really have an issue with is the reverse speed, it may be fast on paper at 22KM/H, but for some reason it feels extremely sluggish.

Overall I'm really enjoying this tank and don't find it nearly as bad as many people say it is. Granted ANY medium will smoke it, but it's not supposed to play like a medium or be able to take one out in a 1v1.

While I don't think anything about the tank needs immediate attention, I would like to see the reverse speed and overall speed made a little higher as well as the reload reduced.

--- What do you guys think of the tank, is it good? How would you change it? And what gun do you/would you use and why? ---

- Atomic

aren't you having any trouble with the huge hull compared to the t49? it's my biggest concern about the tank (í'm currently at 100+ xp in t49). doesn't it get you spotted often?

IIAtomicToastII #3 Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26862 battles

View PostHero2107, on 06 February 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

aren't you having any trouble with the huge hull compared to the t49? it's my biggest concern about the tank (í'm currently at 100+ xp in t49). doesn't it get you spotted often?

Actually I've been playing it a little more recently, I've been enjoying it a lot, I don't really play it as a scout but I've found that 3k+ damage games aren't rare.

To answer your question;

Huge hull isn't too much of an issue, I've absorbed plenty of jgpz E100 shots and many others because of all that spaced armour, same goes for HEAT and HE isn't terribly effective against it either

Yeah I get spotted very often and it took me a while to get used to the terrible camo

Because of that. when I do decide to scout I just play as an aggressive scout, this isn't a passive one like say the T-100

Otherwise it's pretty good with the 105mm, until they significantly buff the 155mm I think I'll stick to the 105

geoff99 #4 Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:34 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 37781 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

I find the massive hull a massive pain in the arse. It makes it a big target, difficult to hide in small bushes and looks rubbish. I much prefer the T49 hull even without the spaced armour.

I've played with the 105mm gun and find it works fine. Its bulky to play as an aggressive active scout (T100s speciality), so I play mine more like a very mobile flanker. 

Also tagged with Tank, america, destroy, shell, explode, burn, gold, silver, premium, gun

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users