XM551 Sheridan - What do YOU think of the Sheridan?

Tank america destroy shell explode burn gold silver premium gun

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: The XM551 Sheridan? (43 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you like the tank?

1. Yes (23 votes [53.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 53.49%

2. No (9 votes [20.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.93%

3. Voted Meh (11 votes [25.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.58%

What gun?

1. Voted 105mm (33 votes [76.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 76.74%

2. 155mm (10 votes [23.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.26%

Is it fine the way it is or does it need a buff/nerf?

1. Voted It's fine (17 votes [39.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.53%

2. Buff it (26 votes [60.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.47%

3. Nerf it (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Hide poll

IIAtomicToastII #1 Posted 29 December 2017 - 06:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26898 battles

Having owned the T49 for a while I've obviously amassed a hefty amount of free XP in it, which could be used to research the Sheridan when it was introduced, with the recent 15% off discount and all the money I got from the multipliers and crates, I decided to buy the tank. I'm using the 105mm on it for two reasons, the first being that it's something different from the T49 and the second reason being that (reload and accuracy aside), it appears to have much better gun handling than it gets credit for. I've ripped equipment off my T49 and fitted it onto this (until equipment gets discounted), my setup is therefore catered towards the T49 and is as follows:

- EGLD

- Gun Rammer

- V-Stab

I'm planning on using:

- Optics

- Gun Rammer

- V-Stab

I've only played 16 battles so far, but I've found that I've been having decent games using the 105mm and it's not unlikely for me to get a 3k damage game, it may have a slow reload but the 390 alpha still counts for a rather hefty amount of damage. The 20% penetration loss compared to 5% on mediums isn't an issue and neither is the accuracy as the aim time and dispersion make up for it. In addition I rarely find myself taking shots from far away. The armour may be horrible but being a light I never expected much. The armour is bad on paper but seems to be quite troll in practice, I've already shrugged off a few high caliber rounds with the huge amount of spaced armour as well as HEAT and low damage HE with the front net.

The only thing that I really have an issue with is the reverse speed, it may be fast on paper at 22KM/H, but for some reason it feels extremely sluggish.

Overall I'm really enjoying this tank and don't find it nearly as bad as many people say it is. Granted ANY medium will smoke it, but it's not supposed to play like a medium or be able to take one out in a 1v1.

While I don't think anything about the tank needs immediate attention, I would like to see the reverse speed and overall speed made a little higher as well as the reload reduced.

--- What do you guys think of the tank, is it good? How would you change it? And what gun do you/would you use and why? ---

- Atomic

Hero2107 #2 Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11742 battles

View PostIIAtomicToastII, on 29 December 2017 - 05:53 PM, said:

Having owned the T49 for a while I've obviously amassed a hefty amount of free XP in it, which could be used to research the Sheridan when it was introduced, with the recent 15% off discount and all the money I got from the multipliers and crates, I decided to buy the tank. I'm using the 105mm on it for two reasons, the first being that it's something different from the T49 and the second reason being that (reload and accuracy aside), it appears to have much better gun handling than it gets credit for. I've ripped equipment off my T49 and fitted it onto this (until equipment gets discounted), my setup is therefore catered towards the T49 and is as follows:

- EGLD

- Gun Rammer

- V-Stab

I'm planning on using:

- Optics

- Gun Rammer

- V-Stab

I've only played 16 battles so far, but I've found that I've been having decent games using the 105mm and it's not unlikely for me to get a 3k damage game, it may have a slow reload but the 390 alpha still counts for a rather hefty amount of damage. The 20% penetration loss compared to 5% on mediums isn't an issue and neither is the accuracy as the aim time and dispersion make up for it. In addition I rarely find myself taking shots from far away. The armour may be horrible but being a light I never expected much. The armour is bad on paper but seems to be quite troll in practice, I've already shrugged off a few high caliber rounds with the huge amount of spaced armour as well as HEAT and low damage HE with the front net.

The only thing that I really have an issue with is the reverse speed, it may be fast on paper at 22KM/H, but for some reason it feels extremely sluggish.

Overall I'm really enjoying this tank and don't find it nearly as bad as many people say it is. Granted ANY medium will smoke it, but it's not supposed to play like a medium or be able to take one out in a 1v1.

While I don't think anything about the tank needs immediate attention, I would like to see the reverse speed and overall speed made a little higher as well as the reload reduced.

--- What do you guys think of the tank, is it good? How would you change it? And what gun do you/would you use and why? ---

- Atomic

aren't you having any trouble with the huge hull compared to the t49? it's my biggest concern about the tank (í'm currently at 100+ xp in t49). doesn't it get you spotted often?

IIAtomicToastII #3 Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26898 battles

View PostHero2107, on 06 February 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

aren't you having any trouble with the huge hull compared to the t49? it's my biggest concern about the tank (í'm currently at 100+ xp in t49). doesn't it get you spotted often?

Actually I've been playing it a little more recently, I've been enjoying it a lot, I don't really play it as a scout but I've found that 3k+ damage games aren't rare.

To answer your question;

Huge hull isn't too much of an issue, I've absorbed plenty of jgpz E100 shots and many others because of all that spaced armour, same goes for HEAT and HE isn't terribly effective against it either

Yeah I get spotted very often and it took me a while to get used to the terrible camo

Because of that. when I do decide to scout I just play as an aggressive scout, this isn't a passive one like say the T-100

Otherwise it's pretty good with the 105mm, until they significantly buff the 155mm I think I'll stick to the 105

geoff99 #4 Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:34 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 38631 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

I find the massive hull a massive pain in the arse. It makes it a big target, difficult to hide in small bushes and looks rubbish. I much prefer the T49 hull even without the spaced armour.

I've played with the 105mm gun and find it works fine. Its bulky to play as an aggressive active scout (T100s speciality), so I play mine more like a very mobile flanker. 

ortu1975 #5 Posted 28 September 2018 - 10:26 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27084 battles
  • [ESPA] ESPA

Hello, everyone, I would like to take off the Sheridan since I was struck by the cannon that throws explosive ammunition, I am now in level seven.

I have read that it is not competitive, for clan wars I suppose, but I want it to play alone in random spraying and shooting immobilized from bushes, I have seen that it does not have much precision but I will try to compensate it with ventilation equipment and close reticle and skills of brothers in arms for example.

For competitive light I have the Chinese, I try to find a tank that can play in tier ten in random without losing credits how much explosive ammunition costs? Can you play regularly without losing a lot of credits like heavy and medium ones? With the Chinese you can not be sure, but I thought that if the ammunition is cheap and when it fires, that I want to shoot it, wounded crew and modules with the explosives should make enough credits is that true or am I wrong? If I stay in credits it's worth it.

Edited by ortu1975, 28 September 2018 - 10:27 AM.

Xelianow #6 Posted 04 October 2018 - 01:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 55789 battles
  • [WMA] WMA

If you are a realy good player with premium account you might be able to play it without losing credits, but to be honest: You most likely won't. Its not the ammunition cost that's the deal breaker when playing T10 tanks, its the repair cost. And those are your regular 20k+... But in my opinion the Sheridan equiped with the 155mm rocket launcher is propably the cheapest T10 light tank to play, even though "cheap" does still not mean you can play it with profit.

You should be warned however: The sheridan with the 155mm gun is - at least in my opinion - not the better sheridan. It is a gun thats simply too situational to be used properly on a large scale of battles. Yea, you might have a few matches where you earn a big load of credits because you did only fire 4 shots and they did all pen for 3k damage in sum, but thats rare. The more realistic battle is that you fire maybe 8 shots, 3 will mis, one might pen and the remaining 4 deal about 1k damage in total... thats like 6k ammunition cost for 2k damage which is about the same for the 105mm gun - but at the same time the 105 is much more reliable and much more versatile. You are able to shoot your way out of trouble with the 105mm...

All in all you should be warned as well: The sheridan is a pretty difficult tank to play. You are huge, you have no armor and medioker camo at best... if you want to play it like a regular light tank you are most likely not going to like it. Its a flanker, supporter, activ scout... in my opinion it's that 105mm gun that makes the sheridan great, because its arguably the best gun on any light tank. Your role on the battlefield is to either occupy important positons realy fast and deal damage from there or to use your great mobility to drive all around the battlefield and deploy your amazing fire power (for light tank standarts) to help your team wherever it needs help. But in order to do that you have to analyse the battle field all the time. Find gaps in their defense and abuse them. There is barely anything more terrifying than a sheridan that sneaks through your lines, kills your arty and starts pumping 3k+ DPM into your rear...

If you want to do that i recommend using Rammer, VertStab and Optics. Why optics? Because your camo is pretty medioker. You want that overkill view range to stand a chance while active spotting against enemy light tanks. With some view range skills&stuff you get to about 510m on the move - which means you are pretty goot at finding enemy light tanks while active spotting... And as soon as the enemy light tanks are gone feel free to shred through the enemy team. Your camo paired with amazing view range is pretty awesome as soon as enemy light tanks are out of the way...

All in all the Sheridan is a little bit like a M46 Patton that strips its armor and goes full berserk. You are not a real light tank, you are not a real medium... what you are is the greatest pain in the [edited] for every enemy team. Meanwhile your firepower is medium-ish enough to do the job - and your camo and amazing view range is sufficient to spot if necessary.

Edited by Xelianow, 04 October 2018 - 01:20 PM.

Also tagged with Tank, america, destroy, shell, explode, burn, gold, silver, premium, gun

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users