Jump to content


Penalty for Arty shooting bottom tiers?


  • Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Search_Warrant #1 Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:36 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 25990 battles
  • 5,302
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011

Im getting pissed off now. im bottom tier trying to play the god dam game and what happens? im getting nuked by arty EVERY GAME! alone? arty shoot me! in a group? arty STILL shoots me! im getting sick of it! to make matters worse top teir arty STILL HITS TOO GOD DAM HARD! its nailing me for 500+ in a god dam medium tank! thats a crap ton of damage thats too dam much for pressing the W key.

 

should just afk in the base and protect arty or something. only way im gonna be able to play this stupid game.



SuedKAT #2 Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:48 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 6,152
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

When they changed arty a while ago they even more reinforced the HT, or rather the super HT meta we have. Now shooting at bottom tiers, LT's and MT's are generally a lot more sensible for most arty players, they do a lot more damage after all and one-shots still frequently happen, especially at low-mid tiers.

 

People tend to follow the path of least resistance and that's exactly what happens now.



zen_monk_ #3 Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:53 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 25307 battles
  • 457
  • Member since:
    05-08-2011
Or penalty for posting rants on arty?

Enforcer1975 #4 Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:06 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 18361 battles
  • 9,840
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014
Thank the whiners for making WG change arty. Don't blame a player for choosing a target that is easier to damage regardless of what tank they use.

gunslingerXXX #5 Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:10 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9951 battles
  • 1,397
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014

There is no way to fix arty. Just remove it.

 

I've just started with arty for missions, but it's completely stupid... no fun at all, only ruining other players games. Also why the fck are there no counter artillery missions? I'm amazed how little I get shot by enemy arty.



SuedKAT #6 Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:14 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 6,152
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 29 December 2017 - 08:10 PM, said:

I've just started with arty for missions, but it's completely stupid... no fun at all, only ruining other players games. Also why the fck are there no counter artillery missions? I'm amazed how little I get shot by enemy arty.

I just did the same, 40 battles in a tier 5 arty with a fresh crew, 12 missions done so far, took a bit longer than I wanted but since the secondary condition is to win on some missions it was necessary. I haven't been PMed or called out in chat for ages, 40 matches in arty later I had 8 PM's and quite a few people on my own team "loving" me.



Search_Warrant #7 Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:41 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 25990 battles
  • 5,302
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011

View Postzen_monk_, on 29 December 2017 - 06:53 PM, said:

Or penalty for posting rants on arty?

 

Maybe there would be less whines if WG actually bothered to fix arty for once.. or straight up remove the stupid broken class.

Phobos4321 #8 Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:43 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 42812 battles
  • 7,814
  • Member since:
    09-27-2011

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 29 December 2017 - 08:10 PM, said:

There is no way to fix arty. Just remove it.

 

I've just started with arty for missions, but it's completely stupid... no fun at all, only ruining other players games. Also why the fck are there no counter artillery missions? I'm amazed how little I get shot by enemy arty.

 

there is no way to safisfy the haters, even ifthey removed arty those sissy would go on and [edited]about tds  probably about 80% with even the same "arguments they used on arty"   too much damage cant fight back even when they state now they could .

 

instead of trying to satsisfy this insatisfyable bunch  remove them   its easier, faster and better for the game



Bennie182 #9 Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:44 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 50362 battles
  • 1,090
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 29 December 2017 - 07:36 PM, said:

Im getting pissed off now. im bottom tier trying to play the god dam game and what happens? im getting nuked by arty EVERY GAME! alone? arty shoot me! in a group? arty STILL shoots me! im getting sick of it! to make matters worse top teir arty STILL HITS TOO GOD DAM HARD! its nailing me for 500+ in a god dam medium tank! thats a crap ton of damage thats too dam much for pressing the W key.

 

should just afk in the base and protect arty or something. only way im gonna be able to play this stupid game.

it's end game and a few tanks are left.. o f*ck I'm not allowed to shoot them, so I will lose now..

another trash topic about something you KNOW will never happen. say "hi" to the admin

 

View Postzen_monk_, on 29 December 2017 - 07:53 PM, said:

Or penalty for posting rants on arty?

+1

View PostSuedKAT, on 29 December 2017 - 07:48 PM, said:

When they changed arty a while ago they even more reinforced the HT, or rather the super HT meta we have. Now shooting at bottom tiers, LT's and MT's are generally a lot more sensible for most arty players, they do a lot more damage after all and one-shots still frequently happen, especially at low-mid tiers.

 

People tend to follow the path of least resistance and that's exactly what happens now.

I shoot a lot of bottom tiers as well. It depends on the situation. Sometimes I expect the player to be good (no xvm focus, just reading clan names) so I want him out of the match to increase the win chance. Also, since the arty changes, it is less useful to shoot at well armored heavies, since you won't do that much damage. In a lot of cases I'd rather focus on taking out td's/meds and lights. Td's for obvious reasons, lights and meds simply to take away their eyes and mobility, so it's easier to take out the tanks that are left.

Nice they introduced the stun effect, but since people ignore the stunned targets loads of times, you just go for own damage. Because of this the stunning missions are really annoying.


Edited by Bennie182, 29 December 2017 - 08:52 PM.


zen_monk_ #10 Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:53 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 25307 battles
  • 457
  • Member since:
    05-08-2011

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 29 December 2017 - 07:41 PM, said:

 

Maybe there would be less whines if WG actually bothered to fix arty for once.. or straight up remove the stupid broken class.

 

Arty is already "fixed" so much that it's unplayable for old artillerymen.  Believe it or not, this is how it used to look

 

 

And each of them was lethal. Could easily one-shot anything. There was no this stun crap mechanic.

 

So they first limited it to max 5x5, then to 3x3, and then giga-nerfed it with stun.

 

So it was fixed more than you know. Better learn how to hide and enjoy being stunned, in the old days it would be 500-2000 hp damage.

 

 



SuedKAT #11 Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:07 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 6,152
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

View PostBennie182, on 29 December 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

I shoot a lot of bottom tiers as well. It depends on the situation. Sometimes I expect the player to be good (no xvm focus, just reading clan names) so I want him out of the match to increase the win chance. Also, since the arty changes, it is less useful to shoot at well armored heavies, since you won't do that much damage. In a lot of cases I'd rather focus on taking out td's/meds and lights. Td's for obvious reasons, lights and meds simply to take away their eyes and mobility, so it's easier to take out the tanks that are left.

Nice they introduced the stun effect, but since people ignore the stunned targets loads of times, you just go for own damage. Because of this the stunning missions are really annoying.

Yeah with the recent changes it's very understandable if artillery go for the squishier targets since vs them not much have changed from how artillery used to work, at least if you only consider damage received. Personally I only played it for the missions which just as for any other class mean that you most of the time don't play it how "you should play it" or at least how to get the best results, but when I had that done I mainly focused on LT's and MT's with a little bit of counter arty, I mostly neglected shooting at TD's, especially the ones without a turret since they are so easy to outplay anyhow, the only exceptions were E25's. I also found it rather surprising how easy it was to counter arty, at least on most maps since there are so few places arty tend to go to, Mines was ridiculously easy, I managed to pick of a Hummel and leave the other 2 SPG's on very low HP the first time I tried counter arty, took me longer to realize that I could CTRL + right click to move around the map faster.

 



unhappy_bunny #12 Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:25 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17409 battles
  • 2,131
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 29 December 2017 - 07:36 PM, said:

Im getting pissed off now. im bottom tier trying to play the god dam game and what happens? im getting nuked by arty EVERY GAME! alone? arty shoot me! in a group? arty STILL shoots me! im getting sick of it! to make matters worse top teir arty STILL HITS TOO GOD DAM HARD! its nailing me for 500+ in a god dam medium tank! thats a crap ton of damage thats too dam much for pressing the W key.

 

should just afk in the base and protect arty or something. only way im gonna be able to play this stupid game.

 

cry more my friend. WG will grant your wish

 



Search_Warrant #13 Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:27 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 25990 battles
  • 5,302
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011
Playing emil2. mid tier.. click click click 3 arty focus me and im dead in record time. serves me right for using hulldown and playing the game properly right....

Bennie182 #14 Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:02 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 50362 battles
  • 1,090
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 29 December 2017 - 09:27 PM, said:

Playing emil2. mid tier.. click click click 3 arty focus me and im dead in record time. serves me right for using hulldown and playing the game properly right....

that's not playing it "properly"



zen_monk_ #15 Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:03 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 25307 battles
  • 457
  • Member since:
    05-08-2011

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 29 December 2017 - 08:27 PM, said:

Playing emil2. mid tier.. click click click 3 arty focus me and im dead in record time. serves me right for using hulldown and playing the game properly right....

 

No, you're not playing it right. There are arty-safe positions. Use them.

Search_Warrant #16 Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:03 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 25990 battles
  • 5,302
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011

View Postzen_monk_, on 29 December 2017 - 09:03 PM, said:

 

No, you're not playing it right. There are arty-safe positions. Use them.

 

Behind a rock in the base yeh? hulldown places tend to allow arty free damage on you.

zen_monk_ #17 Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:06 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 25307 battles
  • 457
  • Member since:
    05-08-2011

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 29 December 2017 - 09:03 PM, said:

 

Behind a rock in the base yeh? hulldown places tend to allow arty free damage on you.

 

Hull down places are against other tanks, arty safe positions are something different. (yes, can be a behind the rock in the base if you choose so :-)

Alpine_Ibex #18 Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:12 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 899 battles
  • 95
  • Member since:
    07-24-2016
The problem is if you have 3 arty on each team then you have 12 others on each side who swear the enemy arty is only aiming at them. :teethhappy:

Slyspy #19 Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:14 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 14169 battles
  • 16,323
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

People should loose xp and credits for shooting my CDC.

 

Especially if they hit it in the turrent. 


Edited by Slyspy, 29 December 2017 - 10:14 PM.


RamRaid90 #20 Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:14 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 19672 battles
  • 5,847
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014
yay Search Warrents daily whinge thread.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users