Jump to content


WOT is it that bad ?


  • Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

amji #1 Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:35 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 10000 battles
  • 115
  • [BITD] BITD
  • Member since:
    01-20-2013

Hi all Tankers and  people ...

 

I wondered ?  is it realy so  that we only think of the negative  things  of WOT  ?

I just play and play and do crap.   (old man you know!!!)

But ....

What about my influence  on my winrate ......is there any ????  

So I took pen and paper  played a 100 battles


 

My winrate  is  48%  (due to my team )  

From the 100 games  I played   I was 48% bottom  tier  ,47% mid tier and 5% top tier

yes those  5% we won  all  !!!!

I like to play  sherman related tanks  which  are not bad but not good in mid and bottom tier

but there were a few other things  I notished  :

every loosing game  I had more then 50% missed shots ........every winning game was more then 63% hit and damage .........

76% of my loosing games  I lost one or more modules  (sometimes already in the first minute )    in the winning games it was far less at 34%


 

And yet  I have a lot of fun playing !  and I just stopped give a ####  about my stats !   it's irrelevant !!        I have a good game ones in a while  (1% hahahahah)

if you are  only 5% top tier  ( in a support tank)


 

this is my  conclusion :

it's a fun game which is in total ruled by wargaming  .


 

Not that they  pick on me personaly   but they even influence which team wins     (ever notished  that after every good game  you  have a bottom tier game )

please  all you pretty players   make your own list of 100 games  and see   what tier you are bottom or top   and write the hit % down  every winning or loosing game

and you will be amazed  Then post the results here


 

(and feel free to check  me on noobmeter or whatever  hahahahahaa  )

Comment in a normal way  please   (all the childish comment are already known )


 

see you at the battle ground  (i like sand river ) and hate enemy arty !

Kind regards  AmJi


 



Pvt_Duffer #2 Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:38 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 16667 battles
  • 3,205
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011
Did someone's forum "AI" posing engine just barf?

AlbertL612 #3 Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:43 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 8998 battles
  • 72
  • [ARM] ARM
  • Member since:
    07-14-2012
Its fun until you remember theres 25% rng and arty

Liviguy #4 Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:57 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12461 battles
  • 345
  • Member since:
    01-12-2016
Yes, the game is that bad. The majority of randoms are crap because WG has reduced the game to the most simplistic, base level. Because there is nothing preventing bad/poor players from playing high tier games i have come to the conclusion that the majority of randoms are decided not by the best players, but by how the bad/poor players perform. That is my observation, you know games that are lost because a full health med keeps firing at the front of a heavy on 10hp, but can't penetrate and doesn't have the brains or knowledge to fire HE, even though you are typing in chat "fire HE", "FIRE HIGH EXPLOSIVE". The majority of games seem to be decided by the performance of poor/bad players, not the good players. 

Edited by Liviguy, 29 December 2017 - 11:11 PM.


DarkPacifist #5 Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:36 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 27888 battles
  • 193
  • [CR0WS] CR0WS
  • Member since:
    08-05-2013

That's weird, when I play my tier 10 tanks I am always top tier O.O maybe Wargaming is helping me by giving me a good MM

*troll mod off*



clixor #6 Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:57 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 51988 battles
  • 3,088
  • Member since:
    08-07-2011

View PostLiviguy, on 29 December 2017 - 10:57 PM, said:

Yes, the game is that bad. The majority of randoms are crap because WG has reduced the game to the most simplistic, base level. Because there is nothing preventing bad/poor players from playing high tier games i have come to the conclusion that the majority of randoms are decided not by the best players, but by how the bad/poor players perform. That is my observation, you know games that are lost because a full health med keeps firing at the front of a heavy on 10hp, but can't penetrate and doesn't have the brains or knowledge to fire HE, even though you are typing in chat "fire HE", "FIRE HIGH EXPLOSIVE". The majority of games seem to be decided by the performance of poor/bad players, not the good players. 

 

yeah i agree. And it's hard to come back from 0 - 5 from minute one or two. And not to mention the psychological effect it has on the other tomatos who will join the suicide cult.

 

On the other hand you can also grow your own tomato tree and let them perform better by either spotting or leading pushes, as long as they aren't focused, and they survive the first part even very bad players can shine now and then. 



BravelyRanAway #7 Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:02 AM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 23020 battles
  • 9,727
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View Postamji, on 29 December 2017 - 09:35 PM, said:

My winrate  is  48%  (due to my team )

Eerh...no...it's due to your actions too. 

I assume if your WR was 52% it would be down to only you and we wouldn't enjoy your wonderfully bad 'excusitus' post.:sceptic:



Enforcer1975 #8 Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:09 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 20973 battles
  • 10,935
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

View Postamji, on 29 December 2017 - 10:35 PM, said:

My winrate  is  48%  (due to my team )  

Good thing my team has been carrying me in all my games...



OreH75 #9 Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:36 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 48922 battles
  • 2,303
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
  • Member since:
    05-29-2013

View Postamji, on 29 December 2017 - 10:35 PM, said:

 

My winrate  is  48%  (due to my team )  

From the 100 games  I played   I was 48% bottom  tier  ,47% mid tier and 5% top tier

yes those  5% we won  all  !!!!

I like to play  sherman related tanks  which  are not bad but not good in mid and bottom tier

but there were a few other things  I notished  :

every loosing game  I had more then 50% missed shots ........every winning game was more then 63% hit and damage .........

76% of my loosing games  I lost one or more modules  (sometimes already in the first minute )    in the winning games it was far less at 34%

 

 

The only constant factor in all your teams was you, not the random people you meet, so dont blame them for your 48%..

Look at the highlighted text...you already know what the problem is: you, the one that misses too much shots.



Stinger5 #10 Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:42 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 20526 battles
  • 140
  • [WARW] WARW
  • Member since:
    06-27-2012

View Postamji, on 29 December 2017 - 09:35 PM, said:

Hi all Tankers and  people ...

 

I wondered ?  is it realy so  that we only think of the negative  things  of WOT  ?

I just play and play and do crap.   (old man you know!!!)

But ....

What about my influence  on my winrate ......is there any ????  

So I took pen and paper  played a 100 battles


 

My winrate  is  48%  (due to my team )  

From the 100 games  I played   I was 48% bottom  tier  ,47% mid tier and 5% top tier

yes those  5% we won  all  !!!!

I like to play  sherman related tanks  which  are not bad but not good in mid and bottom tier

but there were a few other things  I notished  :

every loosing game  I had more then 50% missed shots ........every winning game was more then 63% hit and damage .........

76% of my loosing games  I lost one or more modules  (sometimes already in the first minute )    in the winning games it was far less at 34%


 

And yet  I have a lot of fun playing !  and I just stopped give a ####  about my stats !   it's irrelevant !!        I have a good game ones in a while  (1% hahahahah)

if you are  only 5% top tier  ( in a support tank)


 

this is my  conclusion :

it's a fun game which is in total ruled by wargaming  .


 

Not that they  pick on me personaly   but they even influence which team wins     (ever notished  that after every good game  you  have a bottom tier game )

please  all you pretty players   make your own list of 100 games  and see   what tier you are bottom or top   and write the hit % down  every winning or loosing game

and you will be amazed  Then post the results here


 

(and feel free to check  me on noobmeter or whatever  hahahahahaa  )

Comment in a normal way  please   (all the childish comment are already known )


 

see you at the battle ground  (i like sand river ) and hate enemy arty !

Kind regards  AmJi


 

Hello Amji  I am going to give you some genuine advice,  well done for looking for help this early I never gave a crapuntil around 6-8k battles, you have  a long way to go but at least you are trying, whining, figuring out whats wrong this early.  Next you need to be aware of these things  1  what is your team doing, what the enemy team is doing, do not go somewhere on your own, if everyone is going to the side of a map that you are un comfy with drag your [edited]up there anyway.  2 Stay in cover as much as possible even when firing, WATCH THE MINI MAP OCCASSIONALY  EVEN WHEN ENGAGING. 3 Help your team mates when the SITUATION arises do not camp where you are not being EFFECTIVE. So if you are ahead and you are spotting be in cover  this will come with map knowledge and experience. 3 READ FLOW OF THE BATTLE not so easy but I.E when you are in your slower tanks when you sense trouble move away as soon as you notice trouble, you have to be switched ON CONSTANTLY, CONVERSELY if a flank is in trouble and you can make it go and help. Study the maps as much as possible know your tank know most tanks as much as possible their Reload speed their weak spots their speed. This 1 cannot be taught ANTICIPATION countering enemy decisions based on previous sentences, do this and with time you will improve :) . However if like me you genuinely do all these things and give 100% Every battle No [edited]being switched on not mincing and monging around and you still have these issues then give the game a break, because when you play frustrated you loose more. Keep trying 1 of the things I have learned in life is if you practice something long enough you will have more success at it. Good Luck and Hang in there  :)  

 


Edited by Stinger5, 30 December 2017 - 12:48 AM.


BravelyRanAway #11 Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:42 AM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 23020 battles
  • 9,727
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostStinger5, on 29 December 2017 - 11:42 PM, said:

Hello Amji  I am going to give you some genuine advice,  well done for looking for help this early I never gave a crapuntil around 6-8k battles, you have  a long way to go but at least you are trying, whining, figuring out whats wrong this early.  Next you need to be aware of these things  1  what is your team doing, what the enemy team is doing, do not go somewhere on your own, if everyone is going to the side of a map that you are un comfy with drag your [edited]up there anyway.  2 Stay in cover as much as possible even when firing, WATCH THE MINI MAP OCCASSIONALY  EVEN WHEN ENGAGING. 3 Help your team mates when the SITUATION arises do not camp where you are not being EFFECTIVE. So if you are ahead and you are spotting be in cover  this will come with map knowledge and experience. 3 READ FLOW OF THE BATTLE not so easy but I.E when you are in your slower tanks when you sense trouble move away as soon as you notice trouble, you have to be switched ON CONSTANTLY, CONVERSELY if a flank is in trouble and you can make it go and help. Study the maps as much as possible know your tank know most tanks as much as possible their Reload speed their weak spots their speed. This 1 cannot be taught ANTICIPATION countering enemy decisions based on previous sentences, do this and with time you will improve :) . However if like me you genuinely do all these things and give 100% Every battle No [edited]being switched on not mincing and monging around and you still have these issues then give the game a break, because when you play frustrated you loose more. Keep trying 1 of the things I have learned in life is if you practice something long enough you will have more success at it. Good Luck and Hang in there  :)  

 

Why would you give advice on how to play if you believe the game is rigged? What difference does it make?

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/632641-rigged-rng-nothing-is-random-in-this-game/page__st__400#topmost



Stinger5 #12 Posted 30 December 2017 - 02:37 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 20526 battles
  • 140
  • [WARW] WARW
  • Member since:
    06-27-2012

The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals and dreams. The weak-minded become haters. I don't have time, energy, or interest in hating the haters; I'm too busy loving the lovers. 

 Gooo Amji I believe in you :)


Edited by Stinger5, 30 December 2017 - 02:38 AM.


NUKLEAR_SLUG #13 Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:14 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 30558 battles
  • 2,567
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View Postamji, on 29 December 2017 - 10:35 PM, said:

My winrate  is  48%  (due to my team )  

From the 100 games  I played   I was 48% bottom  tier  ,47% mid tier and 5% top tier

yes those  5% we won  all  !!!!

I like to play  sherman related tanks  which  are not bad but not good in mid and bottom tier

but there were a few other things  I notished  :

every loosing game  I had more then 50% missed shots ........every winning game was more then 63% hit and damage .........

76% of my loosing games  I lost one or more modules  (sometimes already in the first minute )    in the winning games it was far less at 34%

 

Right, so from your "research" you discovered that when you hit most of your shots and avoid taking damage you positively affect your win rate and when you miss a lot of your shots and get hit a lot you tend to lose more.

 

All good so far except instead of reaching the conclusion that would seem obvious to most people, ie. "If I play better I win more" you seem to have looked at your data and somehow come to the conclusion, "and therefore WG rigs my games". That's a special kind of logic there.


Edited by NUKLEAR_SLUG, 30 December 2017 - 03:15 AM.


Strappster #14 Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:30 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 25668 battles
  • 10,013
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostLiviguy, on 29 December 2017 - 09:57 PM, said:

The majority of randoms are crap because WG has reduced the game to the most simplistic, base level.

 

That doesn't make sense. If the game is simplistic, a random player would do well because they wouldn't have to learn much about how to play the game to at least an average level.



spuriousmonkey #15 Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:30 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 44728 battles
  • 3,362
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    06-23-2011

View PostEnforcer1975, on 30 December 2017 - 01:09 AM, said:

Good thing my team has been carrying me in all my games...

 

How do you pick your teams? I usually click on the battle button, but that doesn't seem to give me the option to pick teams.

View Postamji, on 29 December 2017 - 11:35 PM, said:

Hi all Tankers and  people ...

 

I wondered ?  is it realy so  that we only think of the negative  things  of WOT  ?

I just play and play and do crap.   (old man you know!!!)

But ....

What about my influence  on my winrate ......is there any ????  

So I took pen and paper  played a 100 battles


 

My winrate  is  48%  (due to my team )  

From the 100 games  I played   I was 48% bottom  tier  ,47% mid tier and 5% top tier

yes those  5% we won  all  !!!!

I like to play  sherman related tanks  which  are not bad but not good in mid and bottom tier

but there were a few other things  I notished  :

every loosing game  I had more then 50% missed shots ........every winning game was more then 63% hit and damage .........

76% of my loosing games  I lost one or more modules  (sometimes already in the first minute )    in the winning games it was far less at 34%


 

And yet  I have a lot of fun playing !  and I just stopped give a ####  about my stats !   it's irrelevant !!        I have a good game ones in a while  (1% hahahahah)

if you are  only 5% top tier  ( in a support tank)


 

this is my  conclusion :

it's a fun game which is in total ruled by wargaming  .


 

Not that they  pick on me personaly   but they even influence which team wins     (ever notished  that after every good game  you  have a bottom tier game )

please  all you pretty players   make your own list of 100 games  and see   what tier you are bottom or top   and write the hit % down  every winning or loosing game

and you will be amazed  Then post the results here


 

(and feel free to check  me on noobmeter or whatever  hahahahahaa  )

Comment in a normal way  please   (all the childish comment are already known )


 

see you at the battle ground  (i like sand river ) and hate enemy arty !

Kind regards  AmJi


 

 

You need to carry harder if you want to win more.

 

I see that you like to play on average tier 6. Then you should do something like 1k DPG if you want to win more. Currently you are hovering around the 600 DPG.

 

In practice that means you should do a few more connecting hits in each game. I cannot tell you how to accomplish this, because I do not know how you play, but usually the general advice is to watch some good streamers. Try to do damage where it counts. Early damage is more valuable than late game damage (no camping). Learning to read the minimap and react to it. Get comfortable with spotting, even when you play medium and heavy tanks. Practice getting de-tracking shots in. Do not exchange equal damage (peekaboo where you lose as much HP and you do damage), unless it is a priority target.

 

And a lot more.

 

Recently I noticed my WR drop. And my conclusion was that I developed some bad habits and I need to re-train the way I play. So that is what I have been doing the last few days.

 

For this purpose I picked a tank that is good in all situations and has a nice MM. In this case the E50. It has armor. It has a decent gun. Decent mobility. Decent view range. In short, it should be able to fulfill all roles. except being arty.

 

Currently I am practicing getting more damage in. And preferably early damage. I usually play paper armor tanks, and they problem with these is that...well...they have no armor. Everybody and their dog will shoot you the minute you are spotted. Especially arty. No brawling potential. The E50 can bully tier 8s. So that it means I can focus more on getting damage in more quickly.

 

So, if you are serious about winning, you need to practice. You need to learn. And you need to use the proper tools. And all of that depends on yourself and your own decisions.

 

And it is a slow process. And as you can learn from my story, you can also pick up bad in-game habits along the way. So it is a never ending process.

 

 

good luck.

 

 



PowJay #16 Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:28 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 36083 battles
  • 4,282
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012

OMG. Here we go again.

 

He says he is old, but clearly not wise enough to realise that his actions influence his WR- even if others such as RNG are factored in. I really can't be bothered this time, but I refer you to this thread, OP.


 

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/633811-there-is-no-game-manipulation-in-wot/#topmost Check my posts for some of my more in-depth explanations of why you are talking crap.



hammer45 #17 Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:36 AM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 39469 battles
  • 221
  • [W_A] W_A
  • Member since:
    12-02-2010
If you enjoy the game please stick to low tiers or intill the match maker is fixed!

Sfinski #18 Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:43 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 32283 battles
  • 2,754
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013
Old man and doesn't understand the basics. Great. I would think adults would know something about statistics and how they are formed.

amji #19 Posted 30 December 2017 - 10:08 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 10000 battles
  • 115
  • [BITD] BITD
  • Member since:
    01-20-2013

 

 

 

 

View PostOreH75, on 30 December 2017 - 12:36 AM, said:

 

The only constant factor in all your teams was you, not the random people you meet, so dont blame them for your 48%..

Look at the highlighted text...you already know what the problem is: you, the one that misses too much shots.

 

missing so many shots in loosing games  is more a RNG issue  (full aim +1sec) goes  to the NA server  etc etc  (in normal life you would think your gunner is the enemy  ;) that kind of missis i ment


 

View PostDarkPacifist, on 29 December 2017 - 11:36 PM, said:

That's weird, when I play my tier 10 tanks I am always top tier O.O maybe Wargaming is helping me by giving me a good MM

*troll mod off*

 

you silly girl !!

 

 

 

 

 

 

View Postspuriousmonkey, on 30 December 2017 - 07:30 AM, said:

 

How do you pick your teams? I usually click on the battle button, but that doesn't seem to give me the option to pick teams.

 

You need to carry harder if you want to win more.

 

I see that you like to play on average tier 6. Then you should do something like 1k DPG if you want to win more. Currently you are hovering around the 600 DPG.

 

In practice that means you should do a few more connecting hits in each game. I cannot tell you how to accomplish this, because I do not know how you play, but usually the general advice is to watch some good streamers. Try to do damage where it counts. Early damage is more valuable than late game damage (no camping). Learning to read the minimap and react to it. Get comfortable with spotting, even when you play medium and heavy tanks. Practice getting de-tracking shots in. Do not exchange equal damage (peekaboo where you lose as much HP and you do damage), unless it is a priority target.

 

And a lot more.

 

Recently I noticed my WR drop. And my conclusion was that I developed some bad habits and I need to re-train the way I play. So that is what I have been doing the last few days.

 

For this purpose I picked a tank that is good in all situations and has a nice MM. In this case the E50. It has armor. It has a decent gun. Decent mobility. Decent view range. In short, it should be able to fulfill all roles. except being arty.

 

Currently I am practicing getting more damage in. And preferably early damage. I usually play paper armor tanks, and they problem with these is that...well...they have no armor. Everybody and their dog will shoot you the minute you are spotted. Especially arty. No brawling potential. The E50 can bully tier 8s. So that it means I can focus more on getting damage in more quickly.

 

So, if you are serious about winning, you need to practice. You need to learn. And you need to use the proper tools. And all of that depends on yourself and your own decisions.

 

And it is a slow process. And as you can learn from my story, you can also pick up bad in-game habits along the way. So it is a never ending process.

 

 

good luck.

 

 

 

thank you  for your answer .   I do like these  low and mid tier tanks !  I had some Russian verry stronk tonks  but nèh  like the underdogs more an because I don't have time to play whole day  my learning proces wil be as slow as a matilda with a crippled engine


 

special thanks for Stinger5  !!!


 

View PostPowJay, on 30 December 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

OMG. Here we go again.

 

He says he is old, but clearly not wise enough to realise that his actions influence his WR- even if others such as RNG are factored in. I really can't be bothered this time, but I refer you to this thread, OP.


 

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/633811-there-is-no-game-manipulation-in-wot/#topmost Check my posts for some of my more in-depth explanations of why you are talking crap.

 

keep with  your Thoughts!   its funny !

 

 

View Posthammer45, on 30 December 2017 - 09:36 AM, said:

If you enjoy the game please stick to low tiers or intill the match maker is fixed!

 

Oh Yes I stick to to the game   (seeing  a T10 heavy  been slaughtered  becaus of  me spotting him  is priceless :trollface:


 

 

 

to all

make a investigation  for your own , take notes  over a lot of games  and  see  what comes out 


 

for me it's doing more demage (but how to do that  it's a mistery )  and keep on playing

kind regards AmJi



jack_timber #20 Posted 30 December 2017 - 10:21 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 34549 battles
  • 2,249
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014
Well AmJi if you enjoy the game keep playing nowt better than shooting at tanks.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users