Going for the 430 II line, need some advice

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

thiextar #1 Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15395 battles

So, i was thinking that i fancy myself some soviet rear-turreted mediums, and with the recently announced changes to the line, this seems an as good a time as any. But i could use some advice from people who have played the line before. So gonna ask some questions below:

1. Im already at t5 in the line, so going from there to t10, which tanks are the stinkers and which ones are good in your opinion?

2. Im pretty sure that the line will stay the same, but the 430 will become a t9 medium in another line and the 430 II will lead to a new tier 10 rear turreted medium, is this correct?

3. Has there been any info on when the line changes? I would like to atleast somewhat know what kind of timeframe im working with, cause id love to get the 430 before the line changes so that i have a free t9 medium.

Also, if you have any other info/tips on the line or on the future changes to it?

Trostani #2 Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 45193 battles
  • [TDSTX] TDSTX
Some people are complaining about VII because low pen and alpha but for me it was ok, nothing amazing but playable. VIII is very good but it's not typical medium tank, more like fast TD. IX is absolutely amazing if you learned how to play with rear mounted turret. X is actually worst one in whole line

thiextar #3 Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15395 battles

View PostTrostani, on 30 December 2017 - 01:53 PM, said:

Some people are complaining about VII because low pen and alpha but for me it was ok, nothing amazing but playable. VIII is very good but it's not typical medium tank, more like fast TD. IX is absolutely amazing if you learned how to play with rear mounted turret. X is actually worst one in whole line

Yeah, comparing the obj 430 to the 140, it feels rather crap, im really just going for it because it could become amazing when they move it to t9. Anyhow, thanks for the advice on 7 to 9, how is t6?

FluffyRedFox #4 Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:59 PM

General

• Player
  • 22627 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View Postthiextar, on 30 December 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

how is t6?

Pretty good imo, its like a slightly worse cromwell that gets much better gun handling

Laur_Balaur_XD #5 Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35393 battles
  • [_WTB_] _WTB_

Funny that only when WG announces changes to a line people suddenly are interested in grinding that line...

I guess they are in just for the free tonks, typical greedy players that get hyped by any new crappy tank and throw money at WG.

ExistanceUK #6 Posted 30 December 2017 - 02:04 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14438 battles

View Postfishbob101, on 30 December 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

Pretty good imo, its like a slightly worse cromwell that gets much better gun handling

I seem to remember that the 57mm is still the best gun on the A-43 (it lacks alpha and just a little bit of pen on the standard rounds but is a lot better in all other respects Vs the top 76mm) but yes I agree it's a fun tank to speed around in. 

The A-44 though is a very different beast, the 107mm gun is derpy but hard hitting with reasonable pen for tier 7. Your armour if used well (like the tier 9) is quite bouncy against lower tiers. This is quite a good rammer. 

The Obj 416 is an odd med, as someone said already it's more a TD than a med. If you look at the paper stats it should be OP as hell for a tier 8 but it's hard to use it to the full in the current corridor meta and the gun can be a bit inaccurate. 

For the tier 9 just bought it on discount today so don't know yet but you do get the same awesome gun the T-54 used to have (the stock gun with 201 pen). 

Edited by ExistanceUK, 30 December 2017 - 02:12 PM.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 30 December 2017 - 02:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64454 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostIulian_ro, on 30 December 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

I guess they are in just for the free tonks, typical greedy players that get hyped by any new crappy tank and throw money at WG.

No one knows if the 416 will be given a special tank status even. As they have yet to say anything about that new rule on tier 9 or lower. Nor do we know how the compensation will be om moved or removed tanks. Going by past line changes the past few months. I suspect nothing when they move it down a tier etc. Same with the TD line that we know is not far off. Nothing has been said on what happens to those that have the 122-54.

View Postthiextar, on 30 December 2017 - 01:44 PM, said:

2. Im pretty sure that the line will stay the same, but the 430 will become a t9 medium in another line and the 430 II will lead to a new tier 10 rear turreted medium, is this correct?

Still subject to change. As nothing is final yet. But so far a new tier X and the current tier X and 9 gets moved down a slot and the 416 will be removed from the line going by recent news. But as pointed out, we don't know the fate of the 416 yet.

Edited by Balc0ra, 30 December 2017 - 02:09 PM.

thiextar #8 Posted 30 December 2017 - 02:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15395 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 30 December 2017 - 02:08 PM, said:

No one knows if the 416 will be given a special tank status even. As they have yet to say anything about that new rule on tier 9 or lower. Nor do we know how the compensation will be om moved or removed tanks. Going by past line changes the past few months. I suspect nothing when they move it down a tier etc. Same with the TD line that we know is not far off. Nothing has been said on what happens to those that have the 122-54.

Still subject to change. As nothing is final yet. But so far a new tier X and the current tier X and 9 gets moved down a slot and the 416 will be removed from the line going by recent news. But as pointed out, we don't know the fate of the 416 yet.

Wait, that makes no sense to me, i thought it was like this: Current t10 become t9 in a new line leading a a new t10 similar to 430.

the line up until 430 II doesnt change except it gets a new t10 with a rear turret.

Thats what i thought is going to happen?

CmdRatScabies #9 Posted 30 December 2017 - 02:18 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35936 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postthiextar, on 30 December 2017 - 02:12 PM, said:

Wait, that makes no sense to me, i thought it was like this: Current t10 become t9 in a new line leading a a new t10 similar to 430.

the line up until 430 II doesnt change except it gets a new t10 with a rear turret.

Thats what i thought is going to happen?

BalcOra is getting it confused with the earlier planned changes : "Initially, we were planning to remove the Object 416 and build a line from two MTs with rear-mounted followed by another two with traditional turret placement. However, Supertest results and your feedback pushed us to come up with an alternative setup: the A-44 → Object 416 → Object 430 Variant II → New Tier X."

thiextar #10 Posted 30 December 2017 - 02:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15395 battles

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 30 December 2017 - 02:18 PM, said:

BalcOra is getting it confused with the earlier planned changes : "Initially, we were planning to remove the Object 416 and build a line from two MTs with rear-mounted followed by another two with traditional turret placement. However, Supertest results and your feedback pushed us to come up with an alternative setup: the A-44 → Object 416 → Object 430 Variant II → New Tier X."

Ah, that makes so much more sense ;) and the old 430 will be the t9 of a new line yeah? or is that me getting confused?

Edited by thiextar, 30 December 2017 - 02:33 PM.

Etre_ #11 Posted 30 December 2017 - 02:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50959 battles
  • [WEBOB] WEBOB

I have been on this line for a while now. I got 430 unlocked but I only bought it with the current discounts and credits from x75 pack.

A43 - good with both guns. The small alpha one has insane dpm but requires you to shoot a lot of gold. Credit sink.

A44 - decent alpha makes this tank work somewhat. Armor is bouncy due to weird angles but every second shot to the engine will set it in on fire and since the engine is in front .... 

Obj 416 - well, this is the crown jewel. Insane camo offset by poor view range. Is not precise enough to be a reliable sniper, is more of a sneaky tank which can spot and punish unsuspecting targets. 330 pen on premium amo, this thing won't have problems shooting even well armored tier X tanks.

Obj 430 II - I don't remember much about this one except that it was good. I think I went through it too fast. 70% WR, 1200 average xp. 

I'm now on Object 430. This tank is unique in the sense that it can do things that other can't. It can work the terrain like no other tank, combine that with very good camo, good turret and high dpm and you have a recipe for fun. I didn't check the armor layout but it seems to me that is one of the best tier X mediums for sidescrapping. The hull is thin but due to weird angles and low profile is tricky to shoot and pen.

I'll be sad to see this tank go ... I hope they let us keep it.

Edited by Etre_, 30 December 2017 - 03:39 PM.

Bennie182 #12 Posted 30 December 2017 - 02:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51697 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

I haven't played it a lot, because I struggled with most of those tanks.

-The A-43 was pretty fine for me, but that's one doesn't have a rear-mounted turret.

-A-44 I really despised, both because of constantly getting a wrecked engine or set on fire. Not sure if that still happens, or if they fixed that. Also I hated the gun handling and accuracy.

-Object 416 I also didn't like so I didn't even make it to the top gun and sold it. People seem to have pretty good games in it tough. The mobility is good, but I find it very strange to play a med with the turret on the backside. With heavies you're slow anyway so this is easier.

The turrets are quite ok, knowing best from playing against them, more then playing them myself. The engines get hit quite often, because it is mounted in the front so be aware of that. Try to play it hull down when possible. When you can use small ridges to cover your hull, but keep in mind that the gun depression is bad, but I think you already know that.

Hope you can take something useful out of this.

CmdRatScabies #13 Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:15 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35936 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postthiextar, on 30 December 2017 - 02:30 PM, said:

Ah, that makes so much more sense ;) and the old 430 will be the t9 of a new line yeah? or is that me getting confused?

Yes I  think they're squeezing two lines out of it.  I've had the A44 in my garage unplayed for ages, guess it's time to start grinding.

Afdass #14 Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12976 battles

View PostIulian_ro, on 30 December 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

Funny that only when WG announces changes to a line people suddenly are interested in grinding that line...

I had the Object 430 II / 430 on stand-by for a long time because I didn't want to play the Object 416 ever again. Was just waiting for the right time to grind my way to the 430 II. Once I saw the news about the future line changes (first annoucement) and about the Object 416 beeing removed from the tech tree, the 430 II going to tier 8, the 430 going to tier 9 and the introduction of the new 430U at tier 10 (all those tanks would have a 122mm gun and a good armor) I decided I wanted to get the grind into work predicting what would happen to people who had the Object 416 on their garage - maybe becoming a special reward vehicle has they did with Foch 155 and the FV's? Maybe not?

Now when they said the initial plan would be splitted into 2 and worked through there, and after saying there will be introduced 2 new tier 10 medium coming from 2 new branches, ofc I will grind that If I can have an Object 430U for free (if they keep doing what they have been doing in the past). 

About the topic itself:

A-43 - pretty much a Cromwell. I played that tank like a scout in some games, like a medium support in other games, like a circling machine in some moments, circling IS's and KV's, and so on, to death with its pew pew guns.

A-44 - quite interesting tank. Good mobility, good sidescraping, good armor, awful gun handling but once you hit and penetrate tier 5 and 6 tanks for half of their HP you'll have a laugh. I personally not really enjoyed it but also not really hated it. But I played the tank in the time when the consumables didn't have cooldown and once used they were gone, so, once the engine was hit and I fixed it, a few seconds later it got hit again and the tracks aswell, and then I just wanted to threw my PC to the wall. Nowadays with all the consumables having cooldown I think the gameplay is way more enjoyable.

Object 416 - meh TD. Camping in the front row trying to spot and shot things while trying to hit tanks moving at max speed with a 895m/s shell with a turret limited to 75º on each side might be really annoying. Other than that, works very well as a support tank.

Object 430 II - can't say to much about it since I don't own it yet. What I can say is that is a very annoying tank to play against when hulldown/sidescraping. Turret is super strong, cupolas ARE NOT weakspots, only reliable to shot with high tier tanks with 250+ mm of pen (or with 330HEAT).

CmdRatScabies #15 Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:23 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35936 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostEtre_, on 30 December 2017 - 02:50 PM, said:

I'll be sad to see this tank go ... I hope they let us keep it.

I think Obj430 is getting a nerf & moved to Tier 9 so I don't think you'll keep it as a T10 trophy tank.  You'll get the all new rear turret tier 10 that replaces it though.

arthurwellsley #16 Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:29 PM

Major

• Player
  • 51268 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

I tend to agree with Etre_

A43 - good with both guns. The small alpha one has insane dpm but requires you to shoot a lot of gold. Credit sink. sort of a bit like a Cromwell, also useful for the set a tank on fire medium missions.

A44 - decent alpha makes this tank work somewhat. Armor is bouncy due to weird angles but every second shot to the engine will set it on fire and since the engine is in front .... 

Obj 416 - well, this is the crown jewel. Insane camo offset by poor view range. Is not precise enough to be a reliable sniper, is more of a sneaky tank which can spot and punish unsuspecting targets. 330 pen on premium amo, this thing does not have any problems shooting even well armored tier X tanks. But it is as flat as a pancake, so bumps in terrain need managing. Can also be expensive to run if you spam premium ammo.

Obj 430 II - very good in tier, but awkward to play. Despite how powerful it was in tier IX I did not keep it, due to it not being comfortable to play.

Object 430 - I do not use this as much as I use the 140. Having said that on certain maps for CW the dpm of the 430 will give you an advantage. But overall in pubs I would suggest that the 907, 140 and 62A were better, while the 121 and 121B are worse. Obviously that is my subjective view, and I do not own a 907 or 121B, but I do have and play 140, 62A, 430 and 121.

250swb #17 Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:56 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21735 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

The A-44 is a misunderstood gem. The gun will troll, but the destruction is great, so a mid range TD with good armour. The 416 another gem, amazing camo but very fragile, use the camo to drive around dealing out damage from an unseen assailant, but get spotted and run, it has no armour. TD stealth skills in this tank. The Object 430II similar again, a cross between a medium and a TD but more towards the medium. A great gun and good armour, a second line tank that is a very effective sniper, pop in and out dealing damage. 

I think that all three of these tanks can bring a big smile to the face. The crews need tuning slightly differently from a normal medium tank crew, as does the equipment, but they aren't as difficult to play as many imagine. And in terms of playing limited turret traverse medium tanks, if you don't get it the first time just park the tank and reflect for a month, next time start again with a more open mind, they can and do work.

SABAOTH #18 Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:07 PM

Major

• Player
  • 36437 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

It took me a long time to get used to the 416, I hated it and almost gave up. Then came back to it with a different approach, started to use it as an aggressive and mobile td , you have to relocate a lot to find the good spot because the traverse and gun depression will troll you, and what do you know? It started to shine and give me purple results.

It is definitely an interesting line, I love the tier 9, I hope the tier X will be good.

lord_chipmonk #19 Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33268 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

Currently purchased but not played the tier 9. 

Tier 6: Fun and effective, if the pen is a little low. Kinda like a Soviet Cromwell. 

Tier 7: Perhaps not for everyone. Heavily armoured, inflexible brawler. 

Tier 8: MEd/TD hybrid. Very enjoyable to play, but expensive to run. 

250swb #20 Posted 30 December 2017 - 10:45 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21735 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Unless there is an arrow missing this tech tree published on The Armored Patrol site suggests the Obj. 430II is a dead end that finishes at tier IX?

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/12/30/9-22-how-the-soviet-tech-tree-will-look/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users