• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Sebcio98 #1 Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20065 battles

I have a few ideas that I think would fit into wot

1. "Gold ammo" balance for lower tiers

I find gold ammunition very op, especially when fired at lower tier tanks. An is-3 have a low chance to block a standard shell from an is-7, and a gold shell is just overkill.

What if, the bonus penetration of the gold shells were lowered when fired on lower tier tanks?

For example: a tier 7 tank with 150 mm of standard penetration and 250 mm of gold penetration. While shooting at its own tier or higher, there would be no change, but while shooting at lower tiers, the bonus penetration of 100 (250-150) would be lowered as follows:

Fired at Penetration penalty
Tier 9 250 0%
Tier 8 250 0%
Tier 7 250 0%
Tier 6 200 50%
Tier 5 150 100%

I understand that this is unrealistic, but wot is not a realistic game...

2. Team damage refund

Most of the times, team damage occur by mistake or by unlucky rng, especially for artys and tanks with "derp" guns.

As an example: I'm driving a td without a turret, and a medium tank manages to drive around me and sticks to my back, the only way I can be saved is if my arty hits the med, but he will end up doing pretty much damage to me too, and be forced to pay for the team damage, even if he saved me.

I think that there should be an option in detailed report, under "compensation for damage caused by allies" to refund the penalty (of course the one that got damaged should have the option).

3. Rework "first win of the day"

With the latest change to the mm, more than 50% of all games are played with +2 tier tanks. (I do not complain about that) But in most of this games, you never earn more than 500 xp (sometimes you die first and earn ~100) and it feels bad to "waste" a nice x5 win on such a game. Some other times you end up earning more than 1.5k xp, but you loose, and the x5 won't apply.

Why not let the player decide if he/she want to use the bonus in the post game stats, or try to get a better game? (the possibility of the bonus for a specific game, should be lost upon starting a new one). 

4. remove arty

5. Give a standard tank premium benefits

Let's say you love your su-100m1. Maybe we could pay some gold to give a tank premium benefits (earn more credits, more xp, train crew from other tanks)? The gold cost would depend on the tank tier.

6. Research premium tanks

What is the point of earning xp in tier 10 tanks? Except for training your crew (that probably already have 5 skills and gets 1% / 1000 games)

We should be able to research premium tanks of the same nation and buy them for credits, but without the benefits of a premium tank.

enu_ #2 Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:30 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 22631 battles
  • [-322-] -322-

View PostSebcio98, on 30 December 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

I have a few ideas that I think would fit into wot

1. "Gold ammo" balance for lower tiers

I find gold ammunition very op, especially when fired at lower tier tanks. An is-3 have a low chance to block a standard shell from an is-7, and a gold shell is just overkill.

What if, the bonus penetration of the gold shells were lowered when fired on lower tier tanks?

if tank is penetrable with standard ammo who cares if someone shot it with prem ammo?

arthurwellsley #3 Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:37 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51788 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

NO

1. -  NO. What if you load premium round enemy hull down IS7 to hit the top of his turret, and a tier VIII enemy pops up and becomes a target of oppurtunity, on low health, take out the tier VIII with the shell already loaded and it creates more chance for your team to win. So no the penalty of a costly shell is sufficient.

2. NO. SPG players need to take more care where they shoot. Shooting at knife fights is generally to be discouraged.

3. NO. Your subjective view of your first game is unlikely to be born out by statistics.

4. That's never going to happen.

5. NO. I would rather WG make a profit and keep the servers running by selling premium tanks, than potentially de-stabilising the ingame economy.

6. NO. same reasons as above. WG needs to make a profit to continue to run the servers.

Enforcer1975 #4 Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I'd rather have dynamic pricing. Increased price depending on how high you are in the food chain. 33% increase per tier difference to discourage gold spam against lower tiers. So if you are top tier in a 2 tier battle or mid tier in a 3 tier battle premium ammo costs 33% more, being top tier costs 66% more. 

Edited by Enforcer1975, 30 December 2017 - 03:59 PM.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 30 December 2017 - 04:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66298 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Yeah I can see point 1 working well when you have carried so hard as top tier that you have used up all your normal ammo, but have to ram the last tank to death as your remaining ammo have a 100% penalty vs the last targets that are two tiers lower camping in base that has armor, like the buffed British TD's with their 152mm cupola head on.

Or you sit in your SU-152 with a heat shell loaded expecting a Tiger P, then a tier 5 comes first, and your shell is useless vs it. That's fun with a 20 sec reload while he is free to dpm you down because your gold ammo don't work vs him.

Or what if you have a stock gun grind? As most stock guns vs more armored targets even 2 tiers lower down can be lacking.

Edited by Balc0ra, 30 December 2017 - 04:27 PM.

Sebcio98 #6 Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20065 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 30 December 2017 - 05:23 PM, said:

Yeah I can see point 1 working well when you have carried so hard as top tier that you have used up all your normal ammo, but have to ram the last tank to death as your remaining ammo have a 100% penalty vs the last targets that are two tiers lower camping in base that has armor, like the buffed British TD's with their 152mm cupola head on.

you clearly misunderstood how it would work.

If you use a gold shell from an is-7 on a tier 8 tank, you would have the penetration of your standard rounds (250 + (303-250)*0)

Sebcio98 #7 Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20065 battles

View Postenu_, on 30 December 2017 - 04:30 PM, said:

if tank is penetrable with standard ammo who cares if someone shot it with prem ammo?

If a tank have 80% chance to be penetrated with standard ammo and 100% chance with gold ammo it actually matters

RamRaid90 #8 Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:27 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21517 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostSebcio98, on 30 December 2017 - 06:21 PM, said:

If a tank have 80% chance to be penetrated with standard ammo and 100% chance with gold ammo it actually matters

Since when has premium (take note of that word, it's important) ammo guaranteed penetration over standard rounds?

Anyway, all these points have been discussed to death, there are very few arguments for anny of them to be implemented. Try using the search function next time, it's really not that hard.

Regarding the last 2 points, people who play this game for free seem to think that means they shouldn't have to pay for anything. If you want a premium tank, stop being a tight arse and buy one. If you want more credits, whip your wallet out and support the game with premium time.

Edited by RamRaid90, 30 December 2017 - 07:29 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users