WG best comment of 2017

Which one is your favorite

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Poll: Brown Joystick Award 2017 (128 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Which one is your favorite

1. TVP VTU is as a rock to Defender scissors (43 votes [33.59%])

Percentage of vote: 33.59%

2. Maus buff a bit too much (4 votes [3.12%])

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

3. Ranked battles Season 2 was a huge success (11 votes [8.59%])

Percentage of vote: 8.59%

4. Type 5 is hard to play, enough said (48 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

5. Leopard 1 is great at sniping outside the render range (9 votes [7.03%])

Percentage of vote: 7.03%

6. Game will break and internet explode if we were to buff Leopard 1 (13 votes [10.16%])

Percentage of vote: 10.16%

Vote Hide poll

Beltalowda #1 Posted 30 December 2017 - 05:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 63492 battles

POPULAR

Brown Joystick Award 2017

We are rapidly approaching the end of this Year and it was a busy Year indeed. We've seen many "interesting" changes and vehicles added to the game we all love, but perhaps the best part of this must be the answers we've gotten from our dedicated developers. While reading this You all might as well enjoy a little a bit of music in the background to put you in the right mood. 

So without any delays let's move on and once again be amazed by the almighty wisdom of people involved in making this game "better" for everyone. 

Gamescom 2017 - TVP VTU can easily counter Defenders

There has been great unrest both on the forum or in the game about releasing OP tier 8 premiums. Patch after patch we could see new tier 8 premiums being released and the worst part about it was they were always better then their tech tree counterparts and also better then the previously released premiums.

But the "funniest" comment of all came from Milos Jerabek, his words will go down in history and shall never be forgotten.

https://www.facebook.com/WorldOfTanks/videos/10159422905185377/

Perhaps we went too far with buffs to the Maus

Who would have thought that Your buffs were perhaps a bit too much ? It's not like "Your" community told you many times on the forum that buffing everything on this tank will be a disaster. No, You went ahead with it anyway and then quoting Your words "it was a bit of a shock".

Ranked battles Season 2 was a huge success 

Really ? That's why You had to change the ranking system in the half of the season to make it more accessible for players to reach League 1. Nevertheless, I do enjoy Ranked battles and I hope they'll come out soon again.

Type 5 is hard to play

I am just going to quote this gem of an answer.

View PostKayi4ek, on 13 December 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

"Type 5 Heavy is hard to play"

The Type 5 Heavy is really situational tank. Lack of mobility, long reload time, no camo. Obviously when you meet him on Himmelsdorf, Charkiv, Ensk, etc. it's hard to compete against him (but not impossible), because the tank is excellent in holding flanks or corridors using his great armor values. If you find yourself in Type 5 Heavy on the open map ... different story. You can easily outspot him, flank him and kill him.

God bless this guy, he came to our Forumsseum as a young gladiator enters arena, full of ideals and dreams of crowds chairing his name in the streets after the victorious battle, but he was struck by reality and some really insightful comments made by Taji and WunderWurst. Oh reality you ruthless biatch.

Leopard 1 is great at sniping at ranges 600 to 700 meters 

Once again our young gladiator tried to reason with the old dogs full of scars and came out ashamed with his lack of fighting skills.

View PostKayi4ek, on 14 December 2017 - 01:41 PM, said:

3. Because it is decent tank with sniper gun. I checked the video that someone posted here about the accuracy which is completely irrelevant, because trying the accuracy by shooting tank 300 meters away is ... how would it look like if the E100 was 400, 500, 600 or 700 meters away?

View PostKayi4ek, on 14 December 2017 - 03:08 PM, said:

Of course I do. And I love shooting tanks behind the draw distance. Especially on maps like Malinovka, Prokhorovka, Westfield, Lakeville or Redshire.

Leopard 1 can't be buffed because it would make it too OP

The Leopard is very strong, a good sniper from 2nd or 3rd line. If you are the first one to get spotted, you won’t do so well, but with that penetration, accuracy, camouflage it is a great all-rounder and it would be too OP if we buffed it.

Of course we all understand this one, buffs to Obj 907 were clearly justified, and no one will be more happier then the owners of 907 to receive such a lovely buff's which made this medium one of the most broken things in the game. What the hell it's Russian so it's ok to be OP :). Should I also mention that there was no information in the patch notes about your changes to 907 ?

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/03/09/object-907-armor-changes/ 

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/618549-adjusted-the-object-907-armor-parameters/#topmost

And now the conclusion

• Which comment is your personal favorite ?
  • Have I missed some other gem made by WG and if so can you share it ? 
  • Does those answers make you laugh or cry ?

Due to a popular demands here are the runners up who did not quite make it to the top six.

​​

1. We are working tirelessly to make this game fun and fair for everyone.
  2. Your feedback is very important to us.
  3. Player happiness is the cornerstone of our success.
  4. Commit and deliver on results that players care about.
  5. We respond quickly to players expectations and aim to constantly improve.
  6. Great teams are humble, honest and hungry for the next challenge.
  7. We want to improve the communication between players and our development team.
  8. SoonTM

Edited by TrewSx, 02 January 2018 - 01:29 AM.

SuedKAT #2 Posted 30 December 2017 - 05:46 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

"According to Milos Jerabek (development director) and his yesterday stream, changes in the Object 263 line are cancelled for now. Or at least removing/downtiering 263 itself is out of question, since Object 268 v4 appeared to be an unsuitable replacement."

"The Object 268 Variant 4 will replace the Object 263 at Tier X, while the latter will move to Tier IX. This combination performed well during Supertests, and we’d like test it once again with you."

Confusion is the name of the game!

But I must admit I "enjoyed" reading some of the ones you posted again, it even more enforce my belief that the new balance director have no idea what the product he's employed to "balance" even is.

Edit: You might want to edit out the blank space at the bottom a bit :P

Edited by SuedKAT, 30 December 2017 - 05:47 PM.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 30 December 2017 - 05:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67404 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
TVP one made me laugh a bit indeed. As for the Type 5 one. Well he is not right, but he is not wrong either. As most that complain about the Type 4/5 don't own it to know how useless it generally is on most maps. It's not a constant swing and hit. It's armor don't work as well as most want it to be on most maps. I got amazed every time I bounced more them my own HP on any non urban map. And as I did grind mine with the AP pre derp. Tho after the derp.. well.

Beltalowda #4 Posted 30 December 2017 - 05:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 63492 battles

View PostSuedKAT, on 30 December 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

"According to Milos Jerabek (development director) and his yesterday stream, changes in the Object 263 line are cancelled for now. Or at least removing/downtiering 263 itself is out of question, since Object 268 v4 appeared to be an unsuitable replacement."

"The Object 268 Variant 4 will replace the Object 263 at Tier X, while the latter will move to Tier IX. This combination performed well during Supertests, and we’d like test it once again with you."

Confusion is the name of the game!

But I must admit I "enjoyed" reading some of the ones you posted again, it even more enforce my belief that the new balance director have no idea what the product he's employed to "balance" even is.

Edit: You might want to edit out the blank space at the bottom a bit :P

I don't know how, I've been trying but nothing seems to work. Any ideas how to fix it ?

PS: Finally it worked, must have been something wrong with my PC or I don't know why there was so much white space.

Edited by TrewSx, 30 December 2017 - 05:57 PM.

brumbarr #5 Posted 30 December 2017 - 05:55 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 30 December 2017 - 05:51 PM, said:

TVP one made me laugh a bit indeed. As for the Type 5 one. Well he is not right, but he is not wrong either. As most that complain about the Type 4/5 don't own it to know how useless it generally is on most maps. It's not a constant swing and hit. It's armor don't work as well as most want it to be on most maps. I got amazed every time I bounced more them my own HP on any non urban map. And as I did grind mine with the AP pre derp. Tho after the derp.. well.

He is wrong. Its a situational tank sure, but situational doesnt mean hard to play.  Thats a completely different thing. Even on open maps its easy to play. 

And i bet it still does better on those mapse than most heavys anyway.

gunslingerXXX #6 Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:04 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11407 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

Add a poll?

Edit: how about the viewrange nerf tier 10 lights got just before release? Because why spot in a light tank, right? The UP result got a gun buff later because reasons...

Edited by gunslingerXXX, 30 December 2017 - 06:07 PM.

speedphlux #7 Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44250 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR
TVP > Defender !

Best laugh I've had all year with WarGaming ! Don't think there are any other developers that are so out of touch with their own product :great:

Jigabachi #8 Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

"Type5 is hard to play" is extremely hard to beat.

As a bonus, you should add the famous lines we often hear from the support, about how they care and how they are thoroughly investigating things. Or maybe the comguys, who wanted to improve communication since years, when in reality it got worse.

Edited by Jigabachi, 30 December 2017 - 06:17 PM.

Beltalowda #9 Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 63492 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 30 December 2017 - 05:16 PM, said:

"Type5 is hard to play" is extremely hard to beat.

As a bonus, you should add the famous lines we often hear from the support, about how they care and how they are thoroughly investigating things. Or maybe the comguys, who wanted to improve communication since years, when in reality it got worse.

There you go, famous lines added.

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 30 December 2017 - 05:04 PM, said:

Add a poll?

Edit: how about the viewrange nerf tier 10 lights got just before release? Because why spot in a light tank, right? The UP result got a gun buff later because reasons...

I don't think I can add a poll to already created topic.

Edited by TrewSx, 30 December 2017 - 06:40 PM.

Palora #10 Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 24833 battles
  • [ROCOM] ROCOM

View PostMrConway, on 25 December 2017 - 04:30 PM, said:

Please do remember that nothing is set in stone until it is deployed on the live server and we are very interested to hear your feedback on the proposed changes.

There is a post with more information in the Supertest Information thread, we'd appreciate it if you gave it a read and gave us a response in that thread.

http://forum.worldof...4#entry15191794

Nothing is set in stone, except it totally is and we don't care about player feedback at all, even though we waste money on a test server from which we accept no feedback. 

Edited by Palora, 30 December 2017 - 06:43 PM.

signal11th #11 Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:45 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 38282 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
Have to go with the Type 5 line although the TVP  one is pure comedy gold.

UrQuan #12 Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:49 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20122 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Don't forget the evergreen 'Scheduled Server Maintenance' when one of the servers tips over. Totally planned that server going down, so planned they never have to announce their 'scheduled server maintenance' in advance to us.

Still 'Type 5 is hard to play' is very much the top of the line quote, with TVP beating defenders quote a good second.

Also on the Maus buff. Did you know they actually nerfed it a bit later. The fact people don't remember (nor raged) should tell you how 'significant' the nerf was (they reduced the rof, which I didn't mind tbh, as you got to turn away the turret face anyway between reloads)

Edited by UrQuan, 30 December 2017 - 06:51 PM.

Emeraldweed #13 Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10443 battles
  • [-322-] -322-
That whole leopard fiasco haunts me still, playing leo1 extensively to 3mark it. I think it would be better if they simply removed it

JocMeister #14 Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:09 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 23945 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I have to say...the TVP vs Defender comment has to be the most epic one.

I doubt they can top that ever. Then again...its WG. 

Beltalowda #15 Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 63492 battles

View PostJocMeister, on 30 December 2017 - 06:09 PM, said:

I have to say...the TVP vs Defender comment has to be the most epic one.

I doubt they can top that ever. Then again...its WG. 

They live by that saying, Anything is possible :)

Thrael7 #16 Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:23 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 23514 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
TVP comment beats Type5 one, marginally.

PoIestar #17 Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:24 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32141 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Leopard 1 close to OP, TVP better than Defender, Maus was maybe slightly overbuffed, Type 5 is hard to play. Maybe it's time for WG to let insiders talk who actually play the game, or at least be up to date on what the ones who do play the game, have to say about it. 

My personal favorite has to be in the forum moderation this year. They do some stuff nobody would justify, and then give out warning points to those who point it out. Even this is risky: discussing forum moderation is "forbidden". Sounds to me like propaganda but hey, it's Wargaming.

Edited by PoIestar, 30 December 2017 - 07:24 PM.

omgdontkillme #18 Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 39415 battles
  • [G__G] G__G
One of the best threads in long time.

brumbarr #19 Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:42 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

I have another one, dnt remember the exact quote but it was something like this:

"Now that the 3 biggest problems of this game ( arty, MM, LT ) have been solved we can focus on new features to enhance your experience!"

Lol, completely solved ;)

AliceUnchained #20 Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:43 PM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322

Actually, I would like to dig up an oldy from 2012:

"The tables below feature the penetration data gathered by the Soviet tank forces during the WWII. Unlike some propaganda materials, these figures were used directly for military purposes such as the calculation (and subsequent construction) of the necessary protection level for Soviet tank armour plates."

Edit: I've not yet dug up the exact quote where Overlord states explicitly German guns have higher penetration in WoT than historically, but it can be derived from the blog already more or less. 

To understand the quote in its context, you'd have to check these links (and perhaps even then you might not understand its significance):

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/145912-new-comparative-gun-penetration-data-from-overlords-blog/

http://overlord-wot.blogspot.de/2012/08/wot-digging-through-archives-some.html

I know Thread Title says 2017, and if OP feels my post does not belong here feel free to have it removed by moderators (or I can edit it myself of course). And to get back on topic, I would have to go with TVP first and Type 5 second. If only because I went through the gruesome task of stock grinding the TVP and I'm still not done (but only 6K more till Tier IX). The Leopard comment is rather epic as well though, and its inaccuracy (wrongness) clearly demonstrated by the lack of Leopards being played I would think.

Edited by AliceUnchained, 30 December 2017 - 07:44 PM.

Also tagged with Which, one, is, your, favorite

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users