Prolific Hacks at High Tiers

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

NuclearNev #1 Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25977 battles

I have been playing this game for about 2 years pretty intensively and this is my first ever post, based on 22,000+ games. Having played loads of other games like BF2 etc over the years, I know when the cheats are in the game.

I am pretty certain that the upper tiers of this game are plagued by a few hacks/aimbots/cheaters. At the lower tiers it pretty minimal, but for Tier 9 and 10 it has slowly become clear that the game is unsporting and unfair ( with a commensurate loss of fun ).

I am a programmer myself (for the last 30 years), so please don't give me the usual guff about server side processing. It is still possible to write hacks and clearly it is widespread. I won't go into examples, as it's a waste of time and been done a 1000 times before no doubt. I have collected a few game replays recently, but it serves little purpose to upload them, as I am sure Wargaming have a whole department working on the issue.

However, I would say this: WARGAMING NEEDS TO ADDRESS THE HACKING / AIMBOT/  CHEATING EPIDEMIC WITH MORE VIGOUR. Regular dynamic obfuscatement of the code and network I/O  should occur every day or two, to stop the hackers keeping up IMO. In this day and age it's even possible to force users to upload unique (private key encrypted DLL) versions of the client that would really help stop any generic code hacks from isolating and interpreting the data in a fixed way (as the critical code would be different for each client's vanilla). All major encryption systems use this form of evolving/dynamic change, even the Germans managed it in WW2 using analogue systems, so it should be entirely possible in a digital game.

I myself have spent a lot of £ developing my tanks and find that the upper tiers are simply not fun to play because of this problem. It is spoiling my (and 1000s of others) fun.

GET ON IT WARGAMING, your business model must be suffering because of it.

Edited by NuclearNev, 30 December 2017 - 07:11 PM.

SuedKAT #2 Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:38 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
As a developer yourself I expect that you won't have any problem what so ever to present any evidence to support you claims, as a fellow developer I'd love to study them and draw my own conclusions. 

Mimos_A #3 Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24072 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

Maybe if you would've spent some more of those 22.000 games actually learning to play the game instead of sealclubbing at low tiers your head wouldn't be so full of nonsense.

You have no proof for your "epidemic", the only thing that's painfully obvious is your nearly bot-like performance at high tiers, suggesting your understanding of the game's base mechanics is so poor that, as all cheat-whiners, 99% of "cheats" observed by you are just people who are not derping around like a braindead zombie, but actually playing the game.

XPuntar #4 Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14502 battles

So much fun when a light tank snap shots you to death with no missed shots (using "premium" ) , while I miss every shot at around 100m range!

T-34/85M vs 96-16

Really fun ....

NOT!

Edited by XPuntar, 30 December 2017 - 06:50 PM.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:48 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66269 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostNuclearNev, on 30 December 2017 - 06:34 PM, said:

I am a programmer myself (for the last 30 years), so please don't give me the usual guff about server side processing. It is still possible to write hacks and clearly it is widespread.

True. It's all server side, but still hacks are possible. But the issue is that even so. Most still don't understand what the few "hacks" or mods can do, or are limited to. Most hacks simply show hidden info your client gets from the server that you normally can't see. Like where the enemy guns are aiming etc on your mini map. Other hacks like the aim bot simply aims for you, nothing more. Shots still won't go dead center each time on the move like most think, as dispersion is done by the server. Not the client like most FPS do. Nor will he wreck modules 100% of the time. As module damage is still a % based calculation, done by the server. Ammo rack for instance is still only 27%, even if he hits your module.

Most "hacks" is more a lack of gameplay mechanic understanding more so then actual hacks, as the thousands of "OMG look at this hacker" topics have shown over the years. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 30 December 2017 - 06:51 PM.

spamhamstar #6 Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:48 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64310 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

View PostSuedKAT, on 30 December 2017 - 05:38 PM, said:

As a developer yourself I expect that you won't have any problem what so ever to present any evidence to support you claims, as a fellow developer I'd love to study them and draw my own conclusions. 

You don't need evidence for something that you just know. 

If the OP has a feeling that hacks are everywhere, especially at high tier, then surely that's worth another forum post on the same subject whereas details aren't as "it's a waste of time and been done a 1000 times before no doubt.".  Unlike completely unsubstantiated claims ofc.

JaffaStar #7 Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 47865 battles
The auto aim bot is the only cheat that you can prove in replays .. and it is pretty easy to do it ... it is indeed time consuming because you need to watch every replay by yourself .. but then you can find those who use Auot Aim Bots ... 

SuedKAT #8 Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:54 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postspamhamstar, on 30 December 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

You don't need evidence for something that you just know. 

If the OP has a feeling that hacks are everywhere, especially at high tier, then surely that's worth another forum post on the same subject whereas details aren't as "it's a waste of time and been done a 1000 times before no doubt.".  Unlike completely unsubstantiated claims ofc.

True, I for example know the world is flat, don't need any evidence to back that up at all since I know it after all! :P

XPuntar #9 Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14502 battles

View PostJaffaStar, on 30 December 2017 - 06:53 PM, said:

The auto aim bot is the only cheat that you can prove in replays .. and it is pretty easy to do it ... it is indeed time consuming because you need to watch every replay by yourself .. but then you can find those who use Auot Aim Bots ... 

FFS!

How many time do I need to write this thing down!

REMOVE AUTO AIM FROM THE GAME!!!

SERIOUSLY!

Not one competitive FPS have ingame built auto-aim like World of Tanks!

Just remove that thing from the game!

thiextar #10 Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15416 battles

View PostXPuntar, on 30 December 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

FFS!

SERIOUSLY!

Lel, the autoaim system in world of tanks is useless. It does not give lead, it does not aim for weakspots, it doesnt aim around corners etc etc. The only time when its even remotely smart to use is when circling something big and unarmored at a 10m radius in a light tank, and even then its just a laziness thing that doesn't actually help in any way. Why do we need to remove it? Who seriously even uses it?

brumbarr #11 Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:28 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

So people hit more unbelievable shots at higher tiers?

hmm...

thinking...

maybe thats because the gun handling gets generaly better each tier? jsut maybe

arthurwellsley #12 Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:31 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51740 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostNuclearNev, on 30 December 2017 - 05:34 PM, said:

I have been playing this game for about 2 years pretty intensively and this is my first ever post, based on 22,000+ games. Having played loads of other games like BF2 etc over the years, I know when the cheats are in the game.

I am pretty certain that the upper tiers of this game are plagued by a few hacks/aimbots/cheaters. At the lower tiers it pretty minimal, but for Tier 9 and 10 it has slowly become clear that the game is unsporting and unfair ( with a commensurate loss of fun ).

I am a programmer myself (for the last 30 years), so please don't give me the usual guff about server side processing. It is still possible to write hacks and clearly it is widespread. I won't go into examples, as it's a waste of time and been done a 1000 times before no doubt. I have collected a few game replays recently, but it serves little purpose to upload them, as I am sure Wargaming have a whole department working on the issue.

However, I would say this: WARGAMING NEEDS TO ADDRESS THE HACKING / AIMBOT/  CHEATING EPIDEMIC WITH MORE VIGOUR. Regular dynamic obfuscatement of the code and network I/O  should occur every day or two, to stop the hackers keeping up IMO. In this day and age it's even possible to force users to upload unique (private key encrypted DLL) versions of the client that would really help stop any generic code hacks from isolating and interpreting the data in a fixed way (as the critical code would be different for each client's vanilla). All major encryption systems use this form of evolving/dynamic change, even the Germans managed it in WW2 using analogue systems, so it should be entirely possible in a digital game.

I myself have spent a lot of £ developing my tanks and find that the upper tiers are simply not fun to play because of this problem. It is spoiling my (and 1000s of others) fun.

GET ON IT WARGAMING, your business model must be suffering because of it.

REPLAYS - or it never happened.

git gud.

250swb #13 Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:31 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 22614 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Will NuclearNev make it to two posts on the forum? All will be revealed in the next episode!

RamRaid90 #14 Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:32 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21425 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostXPuntar, on 30 December 2017 - 05:47 PM, said:

So much fun when a light tank snap shots you to death with no missed shots (using "premium" ) , while I miss every shot at around 100m range!

T-34/85M vs 96-16

Really fun ....

NOT!

There is absolutely, categorically, zero percent chance to increase the accuracy of a tank nor if it gets a penetration and or damages a module.

Learn about serverside gaming, and you will realise this is physically impossible.

Stop crying, get better.

Jigabachi #15 Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNuclearNev, on 30 December 2017 - 06:34 PM, said:

It is still possible to write hacks and clearly it is widespread.

Yes, it's still possible to write hacks, but how can you judge how widespread they are? And what hacks are we talking about here? Can you give a few examples?

Block Quote

I won't go into examples, as it's a waste of time and been done a 1000 times before no doubt.

Actually... no. Not at all. We had 1000s (well... almost) of clueless bobs here claiming all kinds of things left and right, but so far not a single one of them was able to actually provide some evidence. Most of them are bad players who are just trying to find excuses for their own shortcomings. Sooo... you could be another one of them.

Block Quote

I have collected a few game replays recently, but it serves little purpose to upload them, as I am sure Wargaming have a whole department working on the issue.

But you came here, to the forums, where we players meet. WG doesn't care about the forums. But we care about people who come here to discuss. But before we can discuss, we have to know if you have any clue about what you are talking about, so upload those replays to wotreplays.com and share the links, together with an explanation of what happens. Then we can talk.

Edited by Jigabachi, 30 December 2017 - 08:03 PM.

RamRaid90 #16 Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:34 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21425 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostNuclearNev, on 30 December 2017 - 05:34 PM, said:

No it isn't, because it isn't happening. You just know nothing about the game or how it works and want to blame "cheater hack bots" for your own shortcomings.

It can't possibly be your own fault right?

Bigtime_Alarm #17 Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18116 battles

yeah in the forums understanding most players are 

a - so dumb they cannot see the minimap

b - so clever skilled they can pull off any miracle shot as easy as breathing

simultaneously!!!!

what amazing creatures wot players are

Edited by Bigtime_Alarm, 30 December 2017 - 07:37 PM.

spamhamstar #18 Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64310 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

View PostSuedKAT, on 30 December 2017 - 05:54 PM, said:

True, I for example know the world is flat, don't need any evidence to back that up at all since I know it after all! :P

I'm not sure how much of a difference the world being flat would make to my life, so have never felt the need to prove otherwise.  I take it for granted that others weren't lying when they did so & continue to do so on a daily basis.

Besides, blind faith in things like this saves me from having to go to <insert religious building of choice> every <insert preferred day of worship>.

To get back in topic, surely nobody is disputing that these banned mods (the real ones at least :teethhappy:) are real & that some players are probably still using them, given the fact that WG are still banning players for their use & had to ban them in the 1st place. 

This alone is a bad thing as it means that some players are now screaming hax every time they get hit.  This not only ruins the game for that player as they apparently believe they are being cheated, but it also diminishes the achievments of better players.  Where I choose to believe that they're just better than me, other will believe that they're only better because they've been cheating.  Much like I don't need to prove that the world is round, why should good players have to prove that they're actually good & not cheating.  I'd hate for this to end up like athletics & wake up 1 morning to find out the entire ru server has been banned.

brumbarr #19 Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:44 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

View Postspamhamstar, on 30 December 2017 - 07:41 PM, said:

I'm not sure how much of a difference the world being flat would make to my life, so have never felt the need to prove otherwise.  I take it for granted that others weren't lying when they did so & continue to do so on a daily basis.

Quite some, half the technology you use wouldnt even work.

Phobos4321 #20 Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:45 PM

General

• Player
  • 43226 battles

View PostXPuntar, on 30 December 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

FFS!

SERIOUSLY!

and here i thought basically every console shooter got something like an "aim assistant"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users