light tanks -The worst tank class in game

light tanks gameplay

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Hechaton #1 Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 47262 battles

The light tanks are by far the worst tank class in the game imao (counting out artys. They shouldn't have been a part of the game in the first place).

I could live with terrible armour and terrible steering (oversteering og hard ground and understeering og soft). And it's pretty much game over when I meet a medium and oneshots for tds...but why do the gun need to be so crappy? At medium range, it's more likely to miss the whole tank, and forget hitting anything at long range. WG wants ut to believe the lights are scouts, but everyone knows thats [edited]. I think someone in the WG balancing department got a little too enthusiastic making the dispersion. 

Search_Warrant #2 Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:15 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 27644 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
They got scared there preciouse rasha OP meds would be hurt by a light tank gun so they gimped them.

Erwin_Von_Braun #3 Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:18 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 39096 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Remove Scouts?:D

Just no:D

_T_1_T_4_N_0_ #4 Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33241 battles
  • [SQCI] SQCI
From T5 to T8 lights are great fun, not so sure after that as some of the meds seem to blurr the distinction and generally be better all round.

Each to their own as generally don't like arty, tds & heavies in order of precedence and lights & meds are my fave.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67348 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Must be why there are so many topics to limit the lights and meds each game, as they farm to much damage it seems. Must be why LT have been my most played class of late. Because they are terrible.

But it sounds more like LT's are not for you in general. As it sound like you want to play TD's and meds. As that's what you are expecting from it.

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 31 December 2017 - 04:15 PM, said:

They got scared there preciouse rasha OP meds would be hurt by a light tank gun so they gimped them.

Most meds are brawlers or flankers on high tiers. LT's is a support class. Unless you think tier 9 lights should have 250 pen and 3500 dpm base to? Tho it depends. As my T49 with it's 3K dpm and 212 pen has no issues farming damage either.

Edited by Balc0ra, 31 December 2017 - 04:25 PM.

tank276 #6 Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50557 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

Cause the purpose of lights is to scout, mediums are meant to shoot.

I dont mean not shoot completely but thats your main job, spot for the team.

Those work in open maps ofc, some of which have become rather rare (Prokhorovka).

I ncity/corridored maps you become the mediums weaker little brother and salvage what you can.

Junglist_ #7 Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37766 battles
Yeah vast majority of LTs and especially tier 10s are complete rubbish. And unfortunately as long as the crayon eating, Maus worshiping Murazor will be the head of balance dept nothing will change.

Anhaedra #8 Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 54879 battles
Light tanks are the most enjoyable class. They were and they are. Thats it. For me at least.

Edited by Anhaedra, 31 December 2017 - 04:37 PM.

Search_Warrant #9 Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:43 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 27644 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View Posttank276, on 31 December 2017 - 03:33 PM, said:

Cause the purpose of lights is to scout, mediums are meant to shoot.

I dont mean not shoot completely but thats your main job, spot for the team.

Those work in open maps ofc, some of which have become rather rare (Prokhorovka).

I ncity/corridored maps you become the mediums weaker little brother and salvage what you can.

slap optics on a medium. bam, mediums took ur jurb.

Edited by Search_Warrant, 31 December 2017 - 06:20 PM.

Jigabachi #10 Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I still find them fun to play, but I see your point.

One of the major problems in this game is the fact that the tank balance has close to zero depth. The only thing that counts is damage, with all taks in the game being damagedealers. Some more than others, but the damage dealing capabilities of the tanks are still the ones that count most, especially with the horrible mapdesign we have.

With the changes to arty they tried to change that a bit by turning some of the damage into a debuff - which kinda works.

This could work for light tanks, too, e.g. by introducing some skills. Be it a small artillery strike or a spotting skill that causes enemy tanks to get more damage. Otherwise you'd need to buff the guns, which then results in even more damage soaring through the air...

brumbarr #11 Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:09 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 31 December 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

Must be why there are so many topics to limit the lights and meds each game, as they farm to much damage it seems. Must be why LT have been my most played class of late. Because they are terrible.

But it sounds more like LT's are not for you in general. As it sound like you want to play TD's and meds. As that's what you are expecting from it.

Most meds are brawlers or flankers on high tiers. LT's is a support class. Unless you think tier 9 lights should have 250 pen and 3500 dpm base to? Tho it depends. As my T49 with it's 3K dpm and 212 pen has no issues farming damage either.

But LTs are bad, its not him, LTs jsut suck  at high tiers.  The word support isnt a justification for bad. Lights should have slightly less firepower than same tier meds. Not the gun of a 2 tiers lower tank.

View PostJigabachi, on 31 December 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

I still find them fun to play, but I see your point.

One of the major problems in this game is the fact that the tank balance has close to zero depth. The only thing that counts is damage, with all taks in the game being damagedealers. Some more than others, but the damage dealing capabilities of the tanks are still the ones that count most, especially with the horrible mapdesign we have.

With the changes to arty they tried to change that a bit by turning some of the damage into a debuff - which kinda works.

This could work for light tanks, too, e.g. by introducing some skills. Be it a small artillery strike or a spotting skill that causes enemy tanks to get more damage. Otherwise you'd need to buff the guns, which then results in even more damage soaring through the air...

yeah, thats sounds like a good solution. To make them better spotters buffing the VR is bad, that will make the game jsut campier and peope get shot when driving somewhere 1 minute into the game. 

A class bonus to the ammount of damage when they spot sounds great. It actaully makes them do something another tank cant without breakign something.

ZlatanArKung #12 Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:48 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
I am not a fan of class bonuses, and think they should be left out.

I would rather see lights put back to how they where before the light tank patch. Which was low hp, good mobility and a gun which could work decent if they got themselves to a good position (rather high dpm/burst).

Dzekas #13 Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20909 battles

View PostHechaton, on 31 December 2017 - 04:12 PM, said:

The light tanks are by far the worst tank class in the game imao (counting out artys. They shouldn't have been a part of the game in the first place).

I could live with terrible armour and terrible steering (oversteering og hard ground and understeering og soft). And it's pretty much game over when I meet a medium and oneshots for tds...but why do the gun need to be so crappy? At medium range, it's more likely to miss the whole tank, and forget hitting anything at long range.

Sounds like T49 with troll gun. Get the other gun. Or try playing AMX 13 90 differently.

My only concern about lights is that lead or depleted uranium turret on ru-251. What kind of designer put that turret on chassis made of paper. It makes normal flat tank really top heavy.

Brodie_ #14 Posted 31 December 2017 - 06:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 81183 battles

Lol!

Though I will never forgive them for taking the Derp cannon from the VK 28.01!   :angry:

tank276 #15 Posted 31 December 2017 - 06:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50557 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 31 December 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

slap optics on a medium. bam, mediums took ur jurb.

You dont have camouflage bonus while on the move in mediums, and your general camouflage is lower.

You also luck the speed to energetically spot.

In some mediums the view range is also lucking.

Search_Warrant #16 Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:05 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 27644 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View Posttank276, on 31 December 2017 - 05:55 PM, said:

You dont have camouflage bonus while on the move in mediums, and your general camouflage is lower.

You also luck the speed to energetically spot.

In some mediums the view range is also lucking.

My T-34-3 has almost levels of camo as a LT with full camo crew on the move. seriously. its REALLY stupidly high for a medium. you dont need mobility to spot. just a strong turret to bounce anything that hits you so you can outspot them, light tanks cant do this as they 95% of the time have paper armor all over, lights cannot outspot a TD in a bush, only way you see them is after the smash half your hitpoints off.

Many teir 8 mediums have enough viewrange. a few even have 400 base, the same IF NOT MORE than same tier light tanks.

Edited by Search_Warrant, 31 December 2017 - 07:08 PM.

tank276 #17 Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50557 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 31 December 2017 - 06:05 PM, said:

My T-34-3 has almost levels of camo as a LT with full camo crew on the move. seriously. its REALLY stupidly high for a medium. you dont need mobility to spot. just a strong turret to bounce anything that hits you so you can outspot them, light tanks cant do this as they 95% of the time have paper armor all over, lights cannot outspot a TD in a bush, only way you see them is after the smash half your hitpoints off.

Many teir 8 mediums have enough viewrange. a few even have 400 base, the same IF NOT MORE than same tier light tanks.

Really? How is that possible? Was under the impression that only lights had that special feature - keep their camo value while on the move- but maybe I missed something that happened in the last few months.

BTW t34-3 must be my most hated premium, cant make it work whatever I do.

:hiding:

Search_Warrant #18 Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:13 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 27644 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View Posttank276, on 31 December 2017 - 06:10 PM, said:

Really? How is that possible? Was under the impression that only lights had that special feature - keep their camo value while on the move- but maybe I missed something that happened in the last few months.

BTW t34-3 must be my most hated premium, cant make it work whatever I do.

:hiding:

Lights keep the camo on the move but its really not that high, plus most maps dont even allow you to use it (himmels, paris, pilsen, kharkov. ect). armor and guns is what the games balanced around mainly and lights usualy have nether.

Some mediums have such good base camo with camo bonus crew that you can nearly match light tanks while keeping armor and better guns.

T-34-3 is a hard tank to play. requires HEAT spam sadly due to the armor creep.

Edited by Search_Warrant, 31 December 2017 - 07:13 PM.

Isharial #19 Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:59 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 20441 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I wouldn't say lights are the worst class tbh

as a whole, TD are more useless than lights in the current meta, most cant hide, and most are limited by their armour/gun position that they're pretty worthless unless they have a light etc.. spotting for them

lights are harder to play, sure, but a well played light can be a real hindrance to the enemy, cant say that about a bush camper

View Postbrumbarr, on 31 December 2017 - 05:10 PM, said:

yeah, thats sounds like a good solution. To make them better spotters buffing the VR is bad, that will make the game jsut campier and peope get shot when driving somewhere 1 minute into the game.

A class bonus to the ammount of damage when they spot sounds great. It actaully makes them do something another tank cant without breakign something.

or they could stop giving other classes such high view range...

a VK100P fully kited out has near 500m view range.., with food, vents, optics and the view range skills, its over 500m... on a heavy tank :amazed:

some tech tree lights cant even get that high no matter what they run...

SuedKAT #20 Posted 31 December 2017 - 08:06 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
As a side-note to LT's I feel that there are a lot bigger difference between a bottom and top tier LT than it is for other classes, something I find rather annoying.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users